PDA

View Full Version : Do Morton have to refund ticket money?

HH81
05-12-2015, 04:47 PM
If fans can't make the rearranged game should they not be refunding or is there something in the terms of sale saying there is no guarante of the game going ahead on the date of ticket?

I was at the Dundee united match other week and the guys was with got a refund after livi game changed so looks like Hibs refund.

franks
05-12-2015, 04:55 PM
Certainly hope they will but doubt it as I think there is likely to be a cause in the conditions that tickets are valid for the rearranged game. I think this is unfair as many people myself included would not be able to attend a rearranged midweek game.

givescotlandfreedom
05-12-2015, 05:00 PM
It's a bit of a shame for them as they kept their end up the bargain and the pitch was OK.

HH81
05-12-2015, 05:03 PM
It's a bit of a shame for them as they kept their end up the bargain and the pitch was OK.

It is not a shame for them if they keep all the presales cash? Bet most baught in advance now with loyalty points?

givescotlandfreedom
05-12-2015, 05:06 PM
It is not a shame for them if they keep all the presales cash? Bet most baught in advance now with loyalty points?

If they do though I don't think expect they will. The loyalty points aspect would be an issue for Hibs.

Sir David Gray
05-12-2015, 05:54 PM
No idea.

I can always remember the case a few years ago when Dundee Utd's match against Rangers (R.I.P.) at Tannadice was either postponed or abandoned and Dundee Utd refused to make tickets for the original tie valid for the rearranged fixture, which meant Rangers (R.I.P.) fans had to buy twice for the one match and that caused a lot of bad blood between the two clubs at the time.

I don't know what the rules say on such circumstances or if they say anything at all for that matter.

iwasthere1972
05-12-2015, 06:10 PM
No idea.

I can always remember the case a few years ago when Dundee Utd's match against Rangers (R.I.P.) at Tannadice was either postponed or abandoned and Dundee Utd refused to make tickets for the original tie valid for the rearranged fixture, which meant Rangers (R.I.P.) fans had to buy twice for the one match and that caused a lot of bad blood between the two clubs at the time.

I don't know what the rules say on such circumstances or if they say anything at all for that matter.

The match was abandoned at half time. I would find it hard to believe that fans shouldn't be offered a refund. They bought a ticket for an event that didn't take place and in a court of law I would think that the judge would tell Morton (or Hibs if the money hasn't yet been handed over) to refund. The fixture will of course be rescheduled but there will be quite a number of fans who have a ticket that can't make the rearranged game.

Itsnoteasy
05-12-2015, 06:11 PM
No idea.

I think the rules are if abandoned before half time you get into pre arranged match for free. If they kick off for 2nd half and it is abandoned, tough luck. Not 100% sure, but I think that got called of at beginning of 2nd half.

Sir David Gray
05-12-2015, 06:13 PM
The match was abandoned at half time. I would find it hard to believe that fans shouldn't be offered a refund. They bought a ticket for an event that didn't take place and in a court of law I would think that the judge would tell Morton (or Hibs if the money hasn't yet been handed over) to refund. The fixture will of course be rescheduled but there will be quite a number of fans who have a ticket that can't make the rearranged game.

A Rangers (R.I.P.) supporters club did take their case to court and the sheriff ruled in favour of Dundee Utd.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-11542124

iwasthere1972
05-12-2015, 06:15 PM
A Rangers (R.I.P.) supporters club did take their case to court and the sheriff ruled in favour of Dundee Utd.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-11542124

I know. At least they saw some of the match.

Itsnoteasy
05-12-2015, 06:17 PM
If fans can't make the rearranged game should they not be refunding or is there something in the terms of sale saying there is no guarante of the game going ahead on the date of ticket?

I was at the Dundee united match other week and the guys was with got a refund after livi game changed so looks like Hibs refund.

The people who travelled today,supporters bus,trains & cars won't get a refund so could be a double whammy for them.

HH81
05-12-2015, 06:26 PM
The people who travelled today,supporters bus,trains & cars won't get a refund so could be a double whammy for them.

I managed to get a refund on my train booked so was lucky. I only think one train got from Preston to Glasgow all day. Still fancy getting my ticket money too.

blackpoolhibs
05-12-2015, 10:54 PM
I'm hoping to get refunded twice, will let everyone know how I got on.

marinello59
05-12-2015, 10:57 PM
I managed to get a refund on my train booked so was lucky. I only think one train got from Preston to Glasgow all day. Still fancy getting my ticket money too.

I'm due 25% of my train fare back as we were over half an hour late getting in to Glasgow because of flooding on the line. That will go towards my petrol money for the rearranged date.

BS44
05-12-2015, 11:00 PM

If the rearranged game suits my shift and doesn't suit your travel arrangements then I will buy the ticket off you. We can get something sorted out for me to pay you.