PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: GAME POSTPONED

RSS Bot
05-12-2015, 01:00 PM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/5928)

Kojock
05-12-2015, 01:20 PM
Whilst the pitch at Cappielow was deemed to be playable, the decision was made with supporter safety in mind.

We were told to leave early due to the conditions, which we did and was only a couple of minutes away from Cappielow when it was called off. So to say it was made with supporter safety in mind is ridiculous. It should have been called off BEFORE we had to set off.

Bristolhibby
05-12-2015, 01:40 PM
Maybe they were thinking of post game conditions.

Doesn't help you though as its bloody frustrating.

J

Baldy Foghorn
05-12-2015, 01:45 PM
Whilst the pitch at Cappielow was deemed to be playable, the decision was made with supporter safety in mind.

We were told to leave early due to the conditions, which we did and was only a couple of minutes away from Cappielow when it was called off. So to say it was made with supporter safety in mind is ridiculous. It should have been called off BEFORE we had to set off.

Ridiculous stuff........Scottish Football where fans are an afterthought

Keith_M
05-12-2015, 01:47 PM
So no football now for three weekends out of four.

:rolleyes:

Pretty Boy
05-12-2015, 01:52 PM
Are tickets valid for the rearranged game?

Lago
05-12-2015, 01:58 PM

Summer football.:greengrin

silverhibee
05-12-2015, 02:07 PM

Snow predicted for next weekend.

Will the Falkirk fans make it along the M9. :cb

Billy Whizz
05-12-2015, 02:14 PM
Are tickets valid for the rearranged game?

I would have thought so, think we could be looking at a week on Tuesday/Wednesday at the earliest

Pretty Boy
05-12-2015, 02:16 PM

They will. Only to be told the game is off when they make it.

Blaster
05-12-2015, 02:17 PM
I would have thought so, think we could be looking at a week on Tuesday/Wednesday at the earliest

Think it may have to be as we also still need to reschedule the Morton home game due on 30th January

Bishop Hibee
05-12-2015, 02:17 PM
I'd imagine both clubs will want it played before Christmas.

Diclonius
05-12-2015, 04:29 PM

I ****ing hope I will!

Hibbyradge
05-12-2015, 04:35 PM
I ****ing hope I will!

You're a Falkirk fan?

ltff

franks
05-12-2015, 05:15 PM
Absolutely ridiculous, When I got up this morning I was sure the game would be off after much checking of web sites and phoning Morton was told the game was on. Our bus left at 10.45 at which time we knew there was a pitch inspection at 11. Before we left Edinburgh we heard the game was definitely on. Arrived in Port Glasgow where we were booked into a club to be told the game is now off.

Have been told it was a police decision re "fan safety" if that was the case the decision could have been made at 09.00 saving fans the cost and inconvenience of travel, they just have no regard for fans.

Hibbyradge
05-12-2015, 05:26 PM
Absolutely ridiculous, When I got up this morning I was sure the game would be off after much checking of web sites and phoning Morton was told the game was on. Our bus left at 10.45 at which time we knew there was a pitch inspection at 11. Before we left Edinburgh we heard the game was definitely on. Arrived in Port Glasgow where we were booked into a club to be told the game is now off.

Have been told it was a police decision re "fan safety" if that was the case the decision could have been made at 09.00 saving fans the cost and inconvenience of travel, the weather has no regard for fans.

FTFY. :wink:

Both lanes of the A8 in Greenock flooded at 12.00pm.

The game was postponed at 12.30pm as a result.

franks
05-12-2015, 05:38 PM
And no one could have foreseen that?

Kojock
05-12-2015, 05:47 PM
And no one could have foreseen that?

Posted by Stevie HFC at 10.32 this morning.
Morton fan just posted this on P&B

Good luck getting here Hibees, the M8 is fine between Glasgow and Greenock but as Schosha says the main road at Cappielow is flooded, it's currently still open but you might need to park a fair walk from the ground if that gets any worse and the road closes. The rain's off for now so you might be alright. Trains are still running but some are terminating at Port Glasgow, if they're not going to Cartsdyke at the time of the game you've got a bit of a walk.