PDA

View Full Version : NHC Tynecastle Re-Development

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5]

Billy Whizz
02-05-2016, 09:34 PM
I note there is mention of possible naming rights sale.
Maybe the people who funded the strange arrangement that resulted in the shirts being apparently sponsored by a national charity will put more money in. Name the stadium for a random figure like £6M over 10 years or some similar arrangement. :rolleyes:

What sort of sponsorship name would suit their ground

Col2
02-05-2016, 10:02 PM
As ever with Budge, little information around actual funding and source.

If they have half the money (£6m) that suggests that a fair chunk of that is from Hearts foundation direct debits. But this money was the run the club and then eventually buy the club. So if so then supporters / donators have a say on where this cash is going. While no doubt many would be ok with a surplus going towards reconstruction of ground, some might also ask why this shouldn't allow them to buy club quicker from Budge.

Unless Budge is donating the funds herself or a fair chunk of it, it is almost impossible to see how they can be debt free when is opens in 18 months. Bank debt free maybe but not debt free.

I would wager that Budge is putting up security for at last £5-6m of external funding with the intention to delay the sale of the club by 2-3 years more and for supporters to pay back this debt as part of extended FOH deal.

Still a decent position to be in but remember all this does it get them on a par with us in stadium development and at same time some belt tightening and likely player sales. Apathy hasn't hit the club yet, far from it but the supporters I know are bored of Levein's football and lack of atmosphere at Tynecastle. The Rangers being promoted and possibly us might give everyone a bit more spice but I would be astonished if the Direct debits have not dropped off since the beginning of the insolvency period.

BH Hibs
02-05-2016, 10:34 PM

Scroatbag Stadium

macca70
02-05-2016, 10:41 PM
Another announcement to confirm they are definately building a new stand, that must 6 or 7 official announcements now.

And they still seem obsessed with insisting it brings the total capacity to just more than ours, who actually cares?!!

Just get on with building the thing, we done it properly years ago and as a stadium, ours will still be significantly better as they will still have 3 dreadful stands alongside this mythical new shiny one.

GreenLake
02-05-2016, 10:46 PM
It seems like they could have paid back her loan by now but perhaps she doesn't want it paid back while it is earning a high interest. Building a new stand seems like a good way to divert the funds to buy back the club.

Booked4Being-Ugly
02-05-2016, 10:49 PM
What sort of sponsorship name would suit their groundDomestos.

greenginger
02-05-2016, 10:59 PM

Maybe they will get a Wonga deal again.

Always thought the Wonga-Dome had a ring to it that was just right for them.

jgl07
02-05-2016, 11:37 PM
The figures for the cost of the stand are creeping up. The initial figure of £5 million that was bandied around has gone up to £12 million. When that money is raised the cost will be given as £15 million. It will eventually cost nearer £20 million. and a third or fourth round of the begging bowl.

MagicSwirlingShip
02-05-2016, 11:51 PM
I really couldn't care if their Stadium is bigger than Easter Road. It's childlike playground patter.

They'll always be Hearts, Tynecastle will always be a hovel, Gorgie will always reek, and I'll always get the boke when I go past it.

Easter Road, Leith, and Hibernian will always be superior to me. In every way. They can stick there Big Team, mine is bigger than yours patter up there erkies.

It'll make beating them in front of all those Unwashed Puddle drinkers even sweeter ☺️

1875STEVE
03-05-2016, 12:06 AM
Amazing how quickly they have come up with £6m.

How come they couldn't come up with it that quickly to pay their creditors????

high bee
03-05-2016, 07:38 AM

Lancia Park.

Pretty sure they withdrew from the UK cause their cars were rusting and falling apart from substandard materials. Got a lot in common with Tynecastle.

SJM
03-05-2016, 07:41 AM
Amazing how quickly they have come up with £6m.

How come they couldn't come up with it that quickly to pay their creditors????

They tried they will tell you, see kids never got a Xmas as punters bought shares they never seen that went right into Vlads retirement fund.

You have to wonder where they got 6million from though. Walker an Patterson will be gone in the summer I reckon and they looked to have found another gem in that Djoum guy

03-05-2016, 07:49 AM
It is quite remarkable the position they now find themselves in, after all the debt they have dodged and relegation, they now seem to be thriving, the fans have come out in numbers and pulled them through it, the jammiest of jammy dogers you could ever imagine, Hibs try to do things properly and look where we are.

I knew they would come out of this smelling of roses, cheats do prosper, always do.

Yep, fall in the ***** and come up smelling of roses. No thought towards the people they robbed and back giving it the big un, a big 2 fingers up to everyone they cheated. Shameless club

Spike Mandela
03-05-2016, 07:56 AM
So many gaps in the latest statement. An £11-12m stand doesn't pay for itself. £6m materialising out of thin air and a simple future statement to announce the rest of the funding. Debt free. Easy peasy. Why didn't everybody think of it.

They are in cloud cuckoo land, surely no set of fans is gullible enough to fall for this kind of guff after events of recent years.......or are they?

03-05-2016, 07:57 AM
Another announcement to confirm they are definately building a new stand, that must 6 or 7 official announcements now.

And they still seem obsessed with insisting it brings the total capacity to just more than ours, who actually cares?!!

Just get on with building the thing, we done it properly years ago and as a stadium, ours will still be significantly better as they will still have 3 dreadful stands alongside this mythical new shiny one.

Are you surprised? I'm not. Everything they do has to involve getting one over on us. We are a constant thorn in their side, hence their utter obsession and infatuation with us and having to constantly incorporate a dig at us in everything they do.

It was like the whole living wage thing. Hibs have been doing that for a few years now but never used it as a PR stunt - "oh look what we're doing, how wonderful are we!!!". We simply did it and got on with it without a big song and dance.

Giro Playboy
03-05-2016, 07:57 AM
It is quite remarkable the position they now find themselves in, after all the debt they have dodged and relegation, they now seem to be thriving, the fans have come out in numbers and pulled them through it, the jammiest of jammy dogers you could ever imagine, Hibs try to do things properly and look where we are.

I knew they would come out of this smelling of roses, cheats do prosper, always do. Thats life mate. I pay tax every month and i dont have a pot to piss in. Philip Green dodges his tax and is worth millions.

In this life cheats unfortunately do win

Sergio sledge
03-05-2016, 07:59 AM
I see they still aren't committing to a capacity for the stand, still saying between 20,000 and 21,000. They are desperate to try to get their stadium capacity to be higher than ours, but by my calculations they'd need to have a build a stand seating over 7,500 to do that. This means their budget is around £1,500 per seat. Does anyone know if that is reasonable? Seems quite low to me considering the facilities they are wanting to include and the glazed facade that is on the artists impression.

If the images are correct then they'll have a stand approximately the same size as our East Stand, but they'll have to fit an extra 1,100 seats in as well as corporate facilities, media facilities, hospitality etc. I can't see it.

Waxy
03-05-2016, 08:01 AM
Dredging 11M from nowhere. How come all they could muster was 2.5M when they were trying to fight off liquidation only two years ago?

CRAZYHIBBY
03-05-2016, 08:13 AM
Tynecastle does have something that easter road doesn't. ...asbestos

Kato
03-05-2016, 08:18 AM
The very fact that they don't say where the initial £6M has come from and that the EEN doesn't even ask the question tells me this is whiffy.

Peevemor
03-05-2016, 08:29 AM
I see they still aren't committing to a capacity for the stand, still saying between 20,000 and 21,000. They are desperate to try to get their stadium capacity to be higher than ours, but by my calculations they'd need to have a build a stand seating over 7,500 to do that. This means their budget is around £1,500 per seat. Does anyone know if that is reasonable? Seems quite low to me considering the facilities they are wanting to include and the glazed facade that is on the artists impression.

If the images are correct then they'll have a stand approximately the same size as our East Stand, but they'll have to fit an extra 1,100 seats in as well as corporate facilities, media facilities, hospitality etc. I can't see it.

The image is crap and has obviously been knocked out quickly to give the Merricks something to drool over. However, it shows that a large block of seats (both "tiers") is roughly 25 seats wide x 38 rows = 950. Multiplied by 7 blocks = 6650. Add to that the 2 narrow blocks, say 2 x 6 x 38 = 456. This gives a total of around 7,100. Once you subtract the seats lost to tunnel access (vomitoria), directors/exec. seating, etc. you'll be lucky to reach 7,000 - about 2,300 more than the existing death trap, giving a total capacity of just under 20k.

son of haggart
03-05-2016, 08:33 AM
The image is crap and has obviously been knocked out quickly to give the Merricks something to drool over. However, it shows that a large block of seats (both "tiers") is roughly 25 seats wide x 38 rows = 950. Multiplied by 7 blocks = 6650. Add to that the 2 narrow blocks, say 2 x 6 x 38 = 456. This gives a total of around 7,100. Once you subtract the seats lost to tunnel access (vomitoria), directors/exec. seating, etc. you'll be lucky to reach 7,000 - about 2,300 more than the existing death trap, giving a total capacity of just under 20k.

Ann Budge said 'under 21,000' yesterday - while under 20k is also under 21k my guess is our capacity will be about 20,200

Kato
03-05-2016, 08:37 AM
Ann Budge said 'under 21,000' yesterday - while under 20k is also under 21k my guess is our capacity will be about 20,200

That's jambo numbers though. When was the last time any jambo numbers were correct? My reckoning is about 1975.

Peevemor
03-05-2016, 08:37 AM

Don't you find it strange that she's not being more precise? I can guarantee that both she and the architects will already know how many seats there will be (say +/- 50).

Dr Jimmy
03-05-2016, 08:39 AM
The very fact that they don't say where the initial £6M has come from and that the EEN doesn't even ask the question tells me this is whiffy.

I wonder if they are throwing this to the hoards because their direct debits have dropped off and season ticket sales are not what they expected...... Just a thought :hmmm:

Carheenlea
03-05-2016, 08:44 AM

Speedo are interested, but there might not be enough room to fit their branding on the stand. After a couple of years the new stand will be in a similar shabby state to the rest of their decrepit arena, and when the S falls off the branding will be never have been more appropriate.

Kato
03-05-2016, 08:48 AM
I wonder if they are throwing this to the hoards because their direct debits have dropped off and season ticket sales are not what they expected...... Just a thought :hmmm:

They've had good crowds and their direct debit scheme seems sound. I just don't think it's as sound as it needs to be to have garnered £6M spare already.

I fully expect them to pay for it all without any "difficult" questions from the press so we'll probably never know where the finance is coming from.

I wonder if Steve "What A Card" Cardownie has anything to do with this.

Kato
03-05-2016, 08:50 AM
Don't you find it strange that she's not being more precise? I can guarantee that both she and the architects will already know how many seats there will be (say +/- 50).

Remember the handy truism: "Hearts + Money Talk = Strange."

greenginger
03-05-2016, 08:52 AM
Has Mrs Budge mentioned any more about acquiring the land they need for their project ?

The Chris Stewart Group still have a security in place issued to their Dutch lender for the office block Hearts were meant to have bought months ago.

Ozyhibby
03-05-2016, 08:53 AM

Doubt it. Their crowds lately are almost double ours and FoH recently confirmed they still had 8000 subscribers and were ahead of their payment schedule.

Ozyhibby
03-05-2016, 08:55 AM
They've had good crowds and their direct debit scheme seems sound. I just don't think it's as sound as it needs to be to have garnered £6M spare already.

I fully expect them to pay for it all without any "difficult" questions from the press so we'll probably never know where the finance is coming from.

I wonder if Steve "What A Card" Cardownie has anything to do with this.

The £6 won't have come from FoH. More likely lottery funding or something similar.

greenginger
03-05-2016, 09:30 AM
The £6 won't have come from FoH. More likely lottery funding or something similar.

Or maybe from here,

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/SC224665/officers

Scottish Football Partnership, funded by Sports Scotland and SFA for "Community" football infrastructure.

Director and signer of accounts, one Mr James Clydesdale the Hearts project architect, current shareholder and former Hearts director.

Of course I'm sure he will declare an interest and leave the room when Heart's funding application is being discussed. :cb

northstandhibby
03-05-2016, 09:39 AM
Or maybe from here,

Scottish Football Partnership, funded by Sports Scotland and SFA for "Community" football infrastructure.

Director and signer of accounts, one Mr James Clydesdale the Hearts project architect, current shareholder and former Hearts director.

Of course I'm sure he will declare an interest and leave the room when Heart's funding application is being discussed. :cb

Lived in Edinburgh City all my life. Never have I listed my address as 'Midlothian'. Amazing how many of them list Edinburgh City as being within 'Midlothian'.

A clue to what football club they support? Dearie me.

hibs0666
03-05-2016, 09:43 AM
Or maybe from here,

Not even close. These guys can fund up to £10k per club in any given year.

Kato
03-05-2016, 09:46 AM

Those kind of silly little formalities, i.e. rules/laws, don't count when it comes to Hawrts.

hibs0666
03-05-2016, 10:04 AM
Those kind of silly little formalities, i.e. rules/laws, don't count when it comes to Hawrts.

Troo, but I think a £6M grant might just attract some attention.

greenginger
03-05-2016, 10:12 AM

I can't see anything in the Scottish Football Partnership Articles restricting funding limits to any one Club.

They had nearly £ 4.5 million in funds at the bank in their last accounts.

Kato
03-05-2016, 10:20 AM
I can't see anything in the Scottish Football Partnership Articles restricting funding limits to any one Club.

They had nearly £ 4.5 million in funds at the bank in their last accounts.

So -£1.5 million in the next.

Sprouleflyer
03-05-2016, 11:21 AM
Pure speculation with this, a sizeable chunk of the £6M already raised may have come from a generous donation.

The recent big lottery winners (£33m), I know that the sister of the winner is a ST holder at Hearts, I would not be surprised if the winners were Hearts fans and may have donated a sum towards this build?

jgl07
03-05-2016, 12:13 PM
The capacity of Tynecastle is listed as 17,529. How is it that there never seems to be more than 16,500 there when they claim that it sells out for every match..

OK segregation will take a few seats out but not 1,000.

Golden Bear
03-05-2016, 12:19 PM
Pure speculation with this, a sizeable chunk of the £6M already raised may have come from a generous donation.

The recent big lottery winners (£33m), I know that the sister of the winner is a ST holder at Hearts, I would not be surprised if the winners were Hearts fans and may have donated a sum towards this build?

I would be very surprised.

son of haggart
03-05-2016, 12:52 PM
The capacity of Tynecastle is listed as 17,529. How is it that there never seems to be more than 16,500 there when they claim that it sells out for every match..

OK segregation will take a few seats out but not 1,000.

We have had a few crowds of 17000 plus when yourselves, Rangers or Celtic have been there - maximum we can actually get in seems to be about 17280 (which we had against you in the championship) as there are some seats not used at the corner of the main stand because works down some time ago removed the view. We have had three crowds in the league this season of 16,700, 16,700 and 16,800 for games where all seats have been sold an hour or more before kick off (which would indicate the segregation is taking out about 400).

For most of the games where tickets have been unavailable to buy before kick off I would reckon we have in addition resold 200-350 season ticket seats where the users have contacted the club to release them for resale.

As far as I can make out attendances at tynecastle are for people through the turnstiles (possibly less hospitality?) not seats sold.

GreenLake
03-05-2016, 12:59 PM
Or maybe from here,

Surprised Robbie doesn't put him on the team sheet.

KeithTheHibby
03-05-2016, 01:00 PM
Surprised Robbie doesn't put him on the team sheet.

Surely you mean Levein?:greengrin

jgl07
03-05-2016, 01:05 PM
We have had a few crowds of 17000 plus when yourselves, Rangers or Celtic have been there - maximum we can actually get in seems to be about 17280 (which we had against you in the championship) as there are some seats not used at the corner of the main stand because works down some time ago removed the view. We have had three crowds in the league this season of 16,700, 16,700 and 16,800 for games where all seats have been sold an hour or more before kick off (which would indicate the segregation is taking out about 400).

For most of the games where tickets have been unavailable to buy before kick off I would reckon we have in addition resold 200-350 season ticket seats where the users have contacted the club to release them for resale.

As far as I can make out attendances at tynecastle are for people through the turnstiles (possibly less hospitality?) not seats sold.
Why are the seats in the lower part of the main stand nearest the visitors end (Section N?) always kept empty? If the upper end is also kept empty (it is hard to see) that may account for the missing seats.

son of haggart
03-05-2016, 01:15 PM
Why are the seats in the lower part of the main stand nearest the visitors end (Section N?) always kept empty? If the upper end is also kept empty (it is hard to see) that may account for the missing seats.

I think some works were done which obstructed the view for some of those, the lowest ones may be for spectator safety - too near the opposing fans. There are also a block of seats in the Roseburn rarely used but these seem to be for overspill hospitality and are sometimes released. And also about 25 in the Gorgie stand which are mysteriously always unoccupied and may be people shifting for better view every week or somebody bought a block when we were in trouble but is living abroad - no-one seems to know

CallumLaidlaw
03-05-2016, 01:17 PM

My guess is 20,422. Because that is how pathetic Hearts are. Or to make it even more pathetic - 20451

greenginger
03-05-2016, 01:50 PM
I think some works were done which obstructed the view for some of those, the lowest ones may be for spectator safety - too near the opposing fans. There are also a block of seats in the Roseburn rarely used but these seem to be for overspill hospitality and are sometimes released. And also about 25 in the Gorgie stand which are mysteriously always unoccupied and may be people shifting for better view every week or somebody bought a block when we were in trouble but is living abroad - no-one seems to know

According to the EEN ( I know ) Mrs Budge says the new stand should be ready for the start of season 2017-18.

In which case, I can't see how they can sell season tickets for next season for the main stand as it would have to be demolished by the year end at the latest.

http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/5133

Awaiting an announcement in the next week.

Moulin Yarns
03-05-2016, 02:10 PM
My guess is 20,422. Because that is how pathetic Hearts are. Or to make it even more pathetic - 20451

Doing the arithmetic, Current licenced capacity is 17,529. The current main stand capacity is 4,720 and the application is for a 'over 7.000 seats' means the total capacity will be over 19,810. In other words anything smaller than 7,190 capacity and they will miss their 'target' of 'over 20,000 seats. Anything less than 7,612 for the new stand and they won't be happy

*figures taken from the PAN submission

On the subject of capacities, I see Edinburgh City are only 1,420 lower than Hearts :wink:

Moulin Yarns
03-05-2016, 02:22 PM
Doing the arithmetic, Current licenced capacity is 17,529. The current main stand capacity is 4,720 and the application is for a 'over 7.000 seats' means the total capacity will be over 19,810. In other words anything smaller than 7,190 capacity and they will miss their 'target' of 'over 20,000 seats. Anything less than 7,612 for the new stand and they won't be happy

*figures taken from the PAN submission

On the subject of capacities, I see Edinburgh City are only 1,420 lower than Hearts :wink:

https://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Scottish_football_stadiums_by_capacity

SQHib
03-05-2016, 02:37 PM
According to the EEN ( I know ) Mrs Budge says the new stand should be ready for the start of season 2017-18.

In which case, I can't see how they can sell season tickets for next season for the main stand as it would have to be demolished by the year end at the latest.

http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/5133

Awaiting an announcement in the next week.

Don't be so silly GG did you not know that in yam land sensible logic like knocking down a stand to build a new one goes out of the window .....they are going to build round the existing one . ( sure the HSE will love that idea !!) . and lots of nice cardigan wearing people with millions burning a hole in their pocket are going to pay for it ...nothing new there then .... oh and a wee bung from the cooncil to build a new nursery and pay rates for it ad nauseam as well !!

http://stv.tv/sport/football/1352777-the-detail-behind-ann-budges-financial-plan-to-revamp-hearts-home/

greenginger
03-05-2016, 02:48 PM
http://stv.tv/sport/football/1352777-the-detail-behind-ann-budges-financial-plan-to-revamp-hearts-home/

" Pledges from a group of anonymous benefactors " :confused:

That sounds as dodgy as Dave Kings investors from Hong Kong !

Where were these wealthy Yam benefactors when BDO was looking for buyers back in admin. days ?

Waxy
03-05-2016, 02:51 PM
Take the roof off the old one, paint and laminate whats left, add a new teir at the top which kinda merges in with old one whilst covering the old pink bricks with shiny new corrugated iron and a big smelly Hearts badge.Jobs a goodun, by Alba stands.

CropleyWasGod
03-05-2016, 02:57 PM

Where were these wealthy Yam benefactors when BDO was looking for buyers back in admin. days ?

"she assured fans at a consultation meeting at the stadium that the club will remain debt free after the works have been completed."

Remain? It isn't just now.:cb

Ozyhibby
03-05-2016, 03:01 PM
Even after everything that's happened there is still no transparency in the yams finances.
And with still no FFP in Scottish football they can get away with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ekhibee
03-05-2016, 03:07 PM
"she assured fans at a consultation meeting at the stadium that the club will remain debt free after the works have been completed."

Remain? It isn't just now.:cb
That's just what I was thinking. And in reality, who owns the stadium, Hearts, the Foundation of Hearts and/or Budgie? My understanding is she wants her money back on the original investment, and this would potentially put them in more debt to her. Bit of a gamble that, after their previous 'investors,' and placing all their eggs in 1 basket.

CropleyWasGod
03-05-2016, 03:09 PM
Even after everything that's happened there is still no transparency in the yams finances.
And with still no FFP in Scottish football they can get away with it.

Not sure how FFP would adversely impact on them.

Their accounts (which is all the transparency the public are entitled to) show a company that is solvent and liquid.

CropleyWasGod
03-05-2016, 03:11 PM
That's just what I was thinking. And in reality, who owns the stadium, Hearts, the Foundation of Hearts and/or Budgie? My understanding is she wants her money back on the original investment, and this would potentially put them in more debt to her. Bit of a gamble that, after their previous 'investors,' and placing all their eggs in 1 basket.

Hearts own the stadium. Bidco (AB's company) are owed a couple of million.

green day
03-05-2016, 03:18 PM

Certainly seems odd in todays world that these benefactors are willing to part with the thick end of £5M for no publicity / payback.

But fair play to them, if there are these fabulously wealthy jambos out there willing to spend their cash on a new stand then that's what I call real fans !!

NAE NOOKIE
03-05-2016, 03:45 PM

First image I've seen of the seating deck of the stand ... pretty underwhelming, just a bigger Wheatfield by the look of it. The whole thing is going to end up looking like the shoe box I thought it would, which of course wont stop the Yams ( who just don't do irony ) going on about Hibs Lego stands. Mind you, a football club where none of the hospitality areas overlook the pitch ... genius :faf:

As you said GG ...... Where were these 'wealthy benefactors' when the debts were due to be paid, or money was required to keep the club afloat? Since Budge arrived they have found 3 minted Yams who are in effect sponsoring the clubs 'Save the children' shirts and now more Yams with money to burn to put cash into the new stand ... who for some reason were nowhere to be seen when they were truly needed ..... very curious :hmmm:

greenginger
03-05-2016, 04:13 PM
First image I've seen of the seating deck of the stand ... pretty underwhelming, just a bigger Wheatfield by the look of it. The whole thing is going to end up looking like the shoe box I thought it would, which of course wont stop the Yams ( who just don't do irony ) going on about Hibs Lego stands. Mind you, a football club where none of the hospitality areas overlook the pitch ... genius :faf:

As you said GG ...... Where were these 'wealthy benefactors' when the debts were due to be paid, or money was required to keep the club afloat? Since Budge arrived they have found 3 minted Yams who are in effect sponsoring the clubs 'Save the children' shirts and now more Yams with money to burn to put cash into the new stand ... who for some reason were nowhere to be seen when they were truly needed ..... very curious :hmmm:

I can see plenty of reasons for people not getting involved when Vlad had control, but after admin. it was only FoH , Shoeless Bob and some Scandinavians who came forward. Very curious.

Weststandwanab
03-05-2016, 04:19 PM
It's possible, but I'm reading that statement slightly differently. Of course it will be "paid for", just as a house is paid for when you move in. That doesn't mean, of course, that you don't have any debt :)
She uses the phrase "no bank debt"...not "no debt". :)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Bank lends money to an AB Company and that Company becomes an anonymous benefactor.

Thats life mate. I pay tax every month and i dont have a pot to piss in. Philip Green dodges his tax and is worth millions.

In this life cheats unfortunately do win

Green is a Non Dom so will not need to dodge any tax

Certainly seems odd in todays world that these benefactors are willing to part with the thick end of £5M for no publicity / payback.

But fair play to them, if there are these fabulously wealthy jambos out there willing to spend their cash on a new stand then that's what I call real fans !!

If that was true why would they not have picked up the whole club for a steal- excuse the pun - as AB did ?

There will be Trojan Horses exit strategies so that they can "change their mind" with dignity such as Planning, H&S etc.

The biggest clue to me is it will all be ready by August 2017 - barely 15 months from now.

Remind me when does Construction start - 10th of never a definite possibility !

TrinityHibs
03-05-2016, 05:03 PM
Bank lends money to an AB Company and that Company becomes an anonymous benefactor.

Green is a Non Dom so will not need to dodge any tax

If that was true why would they not have picked up the whole club for a steal- excuse the pun - as AB did ?

There will be Trojan Horses exit strategies so that they can "change their mind" with dignity such as Planning, H&S etc.

The biggest clue to me is it will all be ready by August 2017 - barely 15 months from now.

Remind me when does Construction start - 10th of never a definite possibility !

I'm sure I've done this before.

PAN period 12 weeks (Not Budge's 8) then complete report 1 July
Lodge detailed planning application 1 July
Council dicks around registering application 1 August
4 months consultation period (minimum)including HSE blast zone say 5 months
1 January report can be prepared to got to committee. Say committee in February Assume no S.75 agreements Consent hurried through by 1 March
Now building warrant can be considered. Being generous 2 months. My extension took 4 but hey ho.
1 May immediately appoint contractor having tendered and pre-ordered steel before it was approved at risk 12 weeks ago!!!!!!!!
Straightforward demolition/build like the east say 6 months.
1 November completion of shell.

Anybody spot any flaws? Other than funding obviously.

MurrayfieldHibs
03-05-2016, 05:48 PM

1 January report can be prepared to got to committee. Say committee in February Assume no S.75 agreements Consent hurried through by 1 March
Now building warrant can be considered. Being generous 2 months. My extension took 4 but hey ho.
1 May immediately appoint contractor having tendered and pre-ordered steel before it was approved at risk 12 weeks ago!!!!!!!!

Asbestos anyone?

GreenLake
03-05-2016, 05:49 PM

That might be a good idea considering the quality of football on view these days.

greenginger
03-05-2016, 06:05 PM

Agree amount to acquire council land. Cost and suitable accommodation for tynecastle nursery whilst work in progress :confused:

Keith_M
03-05-2016, 06:42 PM
Why is this thread still labelled a joke?

It looks like Hearts are gonna build a new stand, and pay for it.

What's the big deal?

Sergey
03-05-2016, 06:46 PM
Agree amount to acquire council land. Cost and suitable accommodation for tynecastle nursery whilst work in progress :confused:

Smells of spin. I don't doubt that they have some cash behind them (most likely Budge and her cohorts) but £12M is a big ask with no ROI on the table.

Don't forget the roosting bats. They have to be rehoused :greengrin

emerald green
03-05-2016, 06:54 PM
Sorry if this has been covered already, but no doubt the revamped PBS will have a few more seats than ER, no matter what?

Have they stated what the new capacity will be?

DaveF
03-05-2016, 06:56 PM

What's the big deal?

Because no saddo had brought it to anyone's attention before :greengrin (and I've not read it for ages)

Waxy
03-05-2016, 07:05 PM
Sorry if this has been covered already, but no doubt the revamped PBS will have a few more seats than ER, no matter what?

Have they stated what the new capacity will be?

Only heard it'll add around 3000 more to the capacity. No sure why they can't be exact(they can do this these days).Must be planned on the cheap side by budgetplanning.co.gorgie.

Smartie
03-05-2016, 07:07 PM

What's the big deal?

Wait till you hear the punchline……...

Sprouleflyer
03-05-2016, 07:46 PM
Typical yams, all hospitality and suites facing Tynecastle school! Savilles the lot of them!!

Peevemor
03-05-2016, 08:01 PM
The report says that they plan to build the new structure around the existing stand while continuing to use it. While this is feasible to an extent, it'll add a tidy sum on to the bill for the additional buggeration (technical term) factor.

MyJo
03-05-2016, 08:29 PM
Its never going to happen.

This is what Hearts do, they make big announcements about grand plans and spending £12m on a new stand with this that and everthing and nothing ever comes of it.

I'd be willing to bet anything by the end of this year the plans will have been delayed and scaled down with half of the guff they are prattling on about removed from the plan.

Colr
03-05-2016, 09:10 PM
Its never going to happen.

This is what Hearts do, they make big announcements about grand plans and spending £12m on a new stand with this that and everthing and nothing ever comes of it.

I'd be willing to bet anything by the end of this year the plans will have been delayed and scaled down with half of the guff they are prattling on about removed from the plan.

It needs to happen. They're in a good position football-wise so they should stop kicking the can down the road, take the financial pain and get on with it

mca
03-05-2016, 09:21 PM
It needs to happen. They're in a good position football-wise so they should stop kicking the can down the road, take the financial pain and get on with it

:aok: well said.. How does that Stand Pass any Safety Test !!!! :confused:

Smartie
03-05-2016, 09:25 PM

Correct.

There will be a hit to take financially and their team will suffer.

But that will be the case whenever they take this job on. The fans will never be as supportive of it as they will now so it's a case of "it's now or never" for them.

Moulin Yarns
03-05-2016, 09:44 PM
Smells of spin. I don't doubt that they have some cash behind them (most likely Budge and her cohorts) but £12M is a big ask with no ROI on the table.

Don't forget the roosting bats. They have to be rehoused :greengrin

The bat roost is at the corner of the wheatfield and Gorgie stand AFAIK

jacomo
03-05-2016, 10:44 PM
I think I'm hallucinating. Hearts going to build a main stand!

They say they are going to build the shell of the new stand around the existing one. Sounds like the bus shelter is acquiring a barn.

RyeSloan
03-05-2016, 11:02 PM
The report says that they plan to build the new structure around the existing stand while continuing to use it. While this is feasible to an extent, it'll add a tidy sum on to the bill for the additional buggeration (technical term) factor.

Surely that's just a plain stupid idea...one fraught with difficulty and cost. They might build a new stand but I very much doubt they will build the new one while the old one is still standing, not heard such a bizarre plan since the last Yam stand plan!

greenginger
03-05-2016, 11:15 PM
Thinking some more on the Yam's anonymous donors.

Can a PLC like Hearts accept such donations without reporting the source in their Accounts ?

HIBERNIAN-0762
04-05-2016, 06:27 AM
Thinking some more on the Yam's anonymous donors.

Can a PLC like Hearts accept such donations without reporting the source in their Accounts ?

With these cheats anything is possible, if they have donors (which I very much doubt) surely they would have to be made public? something not quite right (as usual) about this.

Pete
04-05-2016, 06:50 AM
Surely that's just a plain stupid idea...one fraught with difficulty and cost. They might build a new stand but I very much doubt they will build the new one while the old one is still standing, not heard such a bizarre plan since the last Yam stand plan!

I think Liverpool are doing that very thing to their main stand right now. The bottom tier of their current stand will be used in the new one so in a way it's like an extension. They are, however, building a massive new frame above, behind and to the sides of the current stand so it is possible.

I can't see any tiers of hearts' current stand being used in their new one though.

Moulin Yarns
04-05-2016, 08:14 AM
I think Liverpool are doing that very thing to their main stand right now. The bottom tier of their current stand will be used in the new one so in a way it's like an extension. They are, however, building a massive new frame above, behind and to the sides of the current stand so it is possible.

I can't see any tiers of hearts' current stand being used in their new one though.

http://www.thisisanfield.com/2016/05/new-main-stand-anfield-beginning-take-shape/

Ozyhibby
04-05-2016, 12:40 PM
http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/hearts/ann-budge-new-stand-won-t-impact-on-hearts-player-budget-1-4118125#ixzz47gafS21l

Does admit players will be sold though.

green day
04-05-2016, 03:19 PM
http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/hearts/ann-budge-new-stand-won-t-impact-on-hearts-player-budget-1-4118125#ixzz47gafS21l

Does admit players will be sold though.

The dump needs to be rebuilt, and I look forward to using the facilities for semi finals etc.

What I find quite odd is the unwavering assumption by jambos on the evening news site that a £12M stand is going to be funded over the next 18 months entirely from

The extra Season Tickets compared to before
Hospitality
FoH £1.4M per annum (this might be a guess on my part)
Unknown cash from unknown benefactors

I could almost believe the numbers if they had no outgoings - but they do have a football club to run and not inconsiderable existing salary budget to factor in.

It just doesn't seem to add up unless these 'unknown benefactors' are astonishingly generous as well as shy ????

I said before, if they actually pull this off within their existing income/spending then fair play to them.

RyeSloan
04-05-2016, 03:52 PM
I think Liverpool are doing that very thing to their main stand right now. The bottom tier of their current stand will be used in the new one so in a way it's like an extension. They are, however, building a massive new frame above, behind and to the sides of the current stand so it is possible. I can't see any tiers of hearts' current stand being used in their new one though.

Oh granted it's technically possible, esp as you say in Liverpools case where effectively they are building a new upper tier but really a whole new structure being built around a decrepit old one that will need to be completely demolished? Doubtful.

Smartie
04-05-2016, 03:55 PM
Oh granted it's technically possible, esp as you say in Liverpools case where effectively they are building a new upper tier but really a whole new structure being built around a decrepit old one that will need to be completely demolished? Doubtful.

It would be great of they just ended up making a super-big version of their current crap stand, right down to the asbestos roof and newly extended John Robertson suite.

Not sure they can afford another gas heater though.

Monts
04-05-2016, 06:00 PM
I see celtic are planning to introduce a safe standing area. Could this be what they are keeping hidden? Their secret weapon for increasing the capacity beyond that of Easter Road?

Keith_M
04-05-2016, 06:21 PM
Because no saddo had brought it to anyone's attention before :greengrin (and I've not read it for ages)

This Saddo did already, actually

:na na:

Bostonhibby
04-05-2016, 07:11 PM
I see celtic are planning to introduce a safe standing area. Could this be what they are keeping hidden? Their secret weapon for increasing the capacity beyond that of Easter Road?

It's the yams, they'd need to be really careful about who or what is standing behind before they could declare it safe.

jgl07
05-05-2016, 12:52 AM
The problem with the Hearts Main Stand is not its lack of capacity but that it is fundamentally unsafe. Building a larger stand behind it will only compound the problems. The Liverpool solution only works when adding a new tier to an existing modern stand. Manchester City did it a year ago to add a third tier to the South Stand and will be doing the same with the North Stand next year.

The stand will have to come down. If they are serious about a new stand being open for 2017-18, they would have to think hard about selling season tickets for next season for that stand. Whoever buys a season is going to have to be relocated by the end of January if the timetable is to be maintained.

Hibs had this problem in 2001 but didn't have a particularly large number of season ticket holders back then and the old main stand didn't have a particularly large capacity. If I recall correctly the boost in season tickets came following the opening on the new West Stand the season after. I assume that many were relocated to the upper tier of the South Stand. Hearts will not have the same level of spare capacity. That makes me think that the earliest opening date is more likely to be 2018-19.

Maybe the whole thing is a ploy to fob off the city council over the safety certificate and to persuade potential donors to come up with cash?