PDA

View Full Version : NHC Tynecastle Re-Development

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5

Diclonius
24-03-2016, 10:23 PM
Yup around 19.6k according to their official figures lol

Hahaha. They will be gutted. Something as trivial as that is a massive deal to them.

GreenLake
25-03-2016, 09:22 AM
Keep an eye out for the tender, its got to be a good one for a speculator to bid on, if one is lucky enough to make the winning bid they could name their price to anyone who subsequently wanted to develop the surrounding area but needed to have that bit of land.

Might be worth putting a consortium together, will have the same chance as everyone else if the council are true to their commendable statement. Can't wait for the bidding to start.

Call it the Gorgie Moth Preservation Consortium

greenginger
25-03-2016, 09:31 AM
Keep an eye out for the tender, its got to be a good one for a speculator to bid on, if one is lucky enough to make the winning bid they could name their price to anyone who subsequently wanted to develop the surrounding area but needed to have that bit of land.

Might be worth putting a consortium together, will have the same chance as everyone else if the council are true to their commendable statement. Can't wait for the bidding to start.

There will be no open bidding for this sale. It was reported in the EEN ( I know ) that negotiations between them and the Council were on going.

Latest response from the Council Estates was " But, Mrs Budge, we can't let you have the land for nothing and then pay you for the new nursery you are going to build for us " :greengrin

dafthibby
26-03-2016, 09:43 AM
There will be no open bidding for this sale. It was reported in the EEN ( I know ) that negotiations between them and the Council were on going.

Latest response from the Council Estates was " But, Mrs Budge, we can't let you have the land for nothing and then pay you for the new nursery you are going to build for us " :greengrin

The cooncil will no be given them a penny, but they will turn up smelling of roses again, given it 5-1, I do hope we are back in the premiership by the time it's built.

Keith_M
26-03-2016, 09:55 AM
The cooncil will no be given them a penny, but they will turn up smelling of roses again, given it 5-1, I do hope we are back in the premiership by the time it's built.

Ahem!

:bye:

doddsy
26-03-2016, 11:26 AM

I don't see why not. They are after all the Establishment's team. According to the Yams they won the first and second world wars single handedly. Of course they should be entitled to everything they ask for. No other football team has ever done so much for the country as the Yams.

The Council should pay for the New Stand and lay on buses and trams for nothing for these war heroes. No-one at the Hi bees had dad's, grandad's or great grandad's who fought in these world wars, it was only the Yams.

That's how some of these Yam foamers actually act and believe.:confused:

dafthibby
26-03-2016, 11:36 AM
I don't see why not. They are after all the Establishment's team. According to the Yams they won the first and second world wars single handedly. Of course they should be entitled to everything they ask for. No other football team has ever done so much for the country as the Yams.

The Council should pay for the New Stand and lay on buses and trams for nothing for these war heroes. No-one at the Hi bees had dad's, grandad's or great grandad's who fought in these world wars, it was only the Yams.

Just wait til their start playing poor and are playing with 8000 in a 20k stadium it will be popcorn time

Bostonhibby
26-03-2016, 06:33 PM

Never thought otherwise TBH but worth pointing out the Cooncil's wee mission statement for all the good tax payers of Edinburgh.

Is there a Local authority Ombudsman in Scotland? Probably another yam:rolleyes:

Callum7
27-03-2016, 04:01 PM
I was just looking at google maps when I saw this. Why is there a diffrent bit http://i64.tinypic.com/65va15.jpgin there roof?

Zazu62
27-03-2016, 04:08 PM
They won't be bothered about building a new stand if they're capacity is smaller than ours ..

greenginger
27-03-2016, 04:34 PM
I was just looking at google maps when I saw this. Why is there a diffrent bit oin there roof?

It could have something to do with the over-shadowing of the windows in the rear of the tenements in Gorgie Road. They get nearer to the stand where the roof is lowered.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@55.9383343,-3.2319695,119m/data=!3m1!1e3?hl=en

madsen5
27-03-2016, 05:29 PM

Correct, my dad was away for 5 years holiday inEgypt, Sicily, Italian mainland, France and Germany his 3 brothers were on holiday in the navy and R.A.F , and in ww1 that the jambs won my grandads were in the trenches and Gallipoli , hibbys all.:flag::flag:

monktonharp
27-03-2016, 08:21 PM
Say what you like about the Yams ( and I do ... often :greengrin ) but at least they are finally turning to replacing their death trap crumbling auld relic of a stand. Its pretty well been forced on them I would guess, coz even Edinburgh's Hertz biased council must have begun to realise that a Bradford type disaster wouldn't just lead to fingers being pointed at the folk running the club.

To be honest it should be part of a root and branch investigation of football grounds all around Scotland ...... A Yam I know posted some pictures from the street of the shed opposite the main stand at Dens park and it was a bloody disgrace, with old broken bits of signs lying around and weeds growing out of the stairs leading up to it, the handrails looked badly in need of a coat of paint too.

How much does it cost for a few pots of paint and to hire a skip? How much effort is it to pull up some weeds? ........ most clubs fans will respond to a call to come along and help spruce the ground up, if I'm not mistaken both us and the Yams have done it recently.

The SFA and SPFL should have a guy who makes periodic visits to every senior ground to inspect them with fines handed out to clubs who don't appear to be making even a basic effort to make their stadiums presentable inside and out ....... If they actually do have such a guy he should be sacked.I will say what I like, about them. I don't care how much weeding is done, they have got away with virtually stadium murder. let us not suggest that they are finally getting their house in order. they must be being forced to do something about their 1914 stand, as it's a timebomb. they have got away with keeping it open, for so many years whereas other mainstream clubs have had to react to stringent laws and safety issues several years ago, to bring their stadiums up to a certain level. the gorgie mob have not. Now we hear that they are willing to "work with the Edinburgh Council "to make things nice and community friendly on the street where the new stand should be, all the while helping to upgrade the area for the good of the local community and gorgie in general. It stinks.

doddsy
27-03-2016, 08:30 PM
I will say what I like, about them. I don't care how much weeding is done, they have got away with virtually stadium murder. let us not suggest that they are finally getting their house in order. they must be being forced to do something about their 1914 stand, as it's a timebomb. they have got away with keeping it open, for so many years whereas other mainstream clubs have had to react to stringent laws and safety issues several years ago, to bring their stadiums up to a certain level. the gorgie mob have not. Now we hear that they are willing to "work with the Edinburgh Council "to make things nice and community friendly on the street where the new stand should be, all the while helping to upgrade the area for the good of the local community and gorgie in general. It stinks.

:applause: Well said monktonharp. Truth is a fine thing indeed and you tell it exactly how it is in this matter.

Kojock
27-03-2016, 08:32 PM
Is there a worse stand still in use in Scottish football ?

doddsy
27-03-2016, 08:36 PM

I was in it for the St johnstone semi and it is honking! Could easily win Carbunkle stand award. Very poor quality.

doddsy
27-03-2016, 08:39 PM
I was in it for the St johnstone semi and it is honking! Could easily win Carbunkle stand award. Very poor quality.

Please don't rubbish me for use of word 'Carbunkle', I'm into my vodka and cranberry stash. I'm not due back till Tuesday!

Bostonhibby
27-03-2016, 09:25 PM
I will say what I like, about them. I don't care how much weeding is done, they have got away with virtually stadium murder. let us not suggest that they are finally getting their house in order. they must be being forced to do something about their 1914 stand, as it's a timebomb. they have got away with keeping it open, for so many years whereas other mainstream clubs have had to react to stringent laws and safety issues several years ago, to bring their stadiums up to a certain level. the gorgie mob have not. Now we hear that they are willing to "work with the Edinburgh Council "to make things nice and community friendly on the street where the new stand should be, all the while helping to upgrade the area for the good of the local community and gorgie in general. It stinks.
[emoji106] Agree every word.

broondog
27-03-2016, 10:17 PM

agree 100%. they get away with it time and time again, this will probably be no different, cheats every last one of them. disgusting to think the council will roll over for them, hopefully we can put a stop to it as they are far from in the clear at this point. fortunately I have a source in city planning at CEC who I will be in contact with as this sham of a deal progresses. one hint of anything dodgy happening and I will be straight onto the media.

dafthibby
27-03-2016, 10:52 PM
They will get grants for regeneration of the community

doddsy
27-03-2016, 10:57 PM

Surely having the Yams in the community depreciates it. Would'nt it be better for the community if they were given grants to move to say 'Outer Mongolia' or how about 'Siberia'.

How is having the Yams in the community a regeneration? They bring it down not up doughboy.:confused:

dafthibby
27-03-2016, 11:18 PM
Surely having the Yams in the community depreciates it. Would'nt it be better for the community if they were given grants to move to say 'Outer Mongolia' or how about 'Siberia'.

How is having the Yams in the community a regeneration? They bring it down not up doughboy.:confused:

Budgie will know how to get all the best these grants.

greenginger
27-03-2016, 11:29 PM
I thought part of the plan was to include accommodation for a new Tynecastle Nursery within the new stand.

I don't think this has been communicated to the Nursery. According to last month's nursery news letter the Council is going to put a new building on the same site as they are just now. No mention of having Mrs Budge as the landlord.

https://tynecastlenursery.files.wordpress.com/2012/09/jan-feb-2016.pdf

doddsy
27-03-2016, 11:30 PM
Budgie will know how to get all the best these grants.

What the? You sound like one of these computer generated machines that jumbles up language. ''Budgie will know how to get all the best these grants''.

Either that or you've taken too much of your meds.

Budgie is a goalkeeping legend doughboy.

Turkish Green
28-03-2016, 09:58 AM

Designed by Cary Grant, dontcha know. The toilets gave me the boak, I am sure there are deposits going back to the 1920s.

I am happy that we get the Roseburn, but seriously that old stand does need pulling down.

dafthibby
28-03-2016, 02:21 PM
What the? You sound like one of these computer generated machines that jumbles up language. ''Budgie will know how to get all the best these grants''.

Either that or you've taken too much of your meds.

Budgie is a goalkeeping legend doughboy.

I'm actually autistic and have dyslexia, sorry for jumbling up my words. Anyway back on topic. Tynecastle nursery will be in their new stand. Stalking nursery newsletters is a bit yamish do you. Not think.

doddsy
28-03-2016, 02:38 PM
I'm actually autistic and have dyslexia, sorry for jumbling up my words. Anyway back on topic. Tynecastle nursery will be in their new stand. Stalking nursery newsletters is a bit yamish do you. Not think.

Then I apologise profusely if I offended you. I obviously did not mean to offend you as I had no idea whatsoever you are autistic and dyslexic. I publicly state I am sorry with all sincerity dafthibby. I would never knowingly seek to offend a person with a disability.

I hope you will accept my sincere apology and it will make me think more before i post.

Doddsy.

dafthibby
28-03-2016, 02:46 PM
Then I apologise profusely if I offended you. I obviously did not mean to offend you as I had no idea whatsoever you are autistic and dyslexic. I publicly state I am sorry with all sincerity dafthibby. I would never knowingly seek to offend a person with a disability.

I hope you will accept my sincere apology and it will make me think more before i post.

Doddsy.

Thanks for the apology, you were never to know, I'm just new on here and I'll just have to get used to the board humour, cheers dafthibby

doddsy
28-03-2016, 02:54 PM
Thanks for the apology, you were never to know, I'm just new on here and I'll just have to get used to the board humour, cheers dafthibby

Thank you very much dafthibby for accepting my sincere apology. I was devastated when you informed me of the disibility you suffer from. One good outcome of it is I will certainly think much more when posting.

Big respect to you from me for publicly accepting the apology and I am sure others on hibs.net who have looked in on this will also refrain from highlighting how you put your points and will reply to them respectfully.

:top marksCheers, Doddsy.

dafthibby
28-03-2016, 02:54 PM
"Our objective is to put the Tynecastle area well and truly back on the map...as an area of which all of Edinburgh can be proud."

You're gonna need more than a new stand hen.

She must have taken your comments on board

broondog
28-03-2016, 10:03 PM

sickening if true

Mikey09
28-03-2016, 10:08 PM

You seem very sure of that.

monktonharp
29-03-2016, 06:13 PM
http://citydev-portal.edinburgh.gov.uk/idoxpa-web/files/453607EBE3AB289FA745F134A11E06ED/pdf/16_01277_FUL-TYNECASTLE_STADIUM_1_TYNECASTLE_TERRACE-3303903.pdf

A planning application made today for the PBS.

It is to build accommodation for a ticket office and club shop under the Wheatfield stand. Obviously required when they knock down the existing council offices to make way for the new mega stand.

Mrs Budge serious about staying put at Tynie.its saying the "portal" is unavailable, again. anyone ken why, or how to get a looksee? mainly want to see what the nursery rebuild thing is about, and who owns it/who is buying it/and who is knocking it down, then rebuilding. I don't want my council tax going to build a brand new nursery in these times of austerity, if I can help it. they could repaint it, put some extra clothes hooks up, make a wee gairden and throw in some auld tractor tyres or something. no need to spend money on a new building when the current one is perfectly fine for the bairns, that only attend for about a year anyway!

greenginger
29-03-2016, 06:57 PM
its saying the "portal" is unavailable, again. anyone ken why, or how to get a looksee? mainly want to see what the nursery rebuild thing is about, and who owns it/who is buying it/and who is knocking it down, then rebuilding. I don't want my council tax going to build a brand new nursery in these times of austerity, if I can help it. they could repaint it, put some extra clothes hooks up, make a wee gairden and throw in some auld tractor tyres or something. no need to spend money on a new building when the current one is perfectly fine for the bairns, that only attend for about a year anyway!

https://citydev-portal.edinburgh.gov.uk/idoxpa-web/applicationDetails.do?activeTab=summary&keyVal=O3TJXCEW09Z00

That's the link again but it goes off after a bit. You need to go on to the Council web site planning and type in the Yams post code, EH7 2NL to get a list of the applications.

There is nothing on yet about the new stand, that one is about some work to provide accommodation for a ticket office and shop if they get round to starting the new stand.

The existing nursery is first class. The wooden structure is a bit out of date ( like its neighbour ) but they spent a fair bit of cash doing up the garden and outside play area a couple of years ago. I had a look at it as a possible nursery for my grandson, but my daughter found a handier alternative.

lapsedhibee
29-03-2016, 08:58 PM
https://citydev-portal.edinburgh.gov.uk/idoxpa-web/applicationdetails.do?activetab=summary&keyval=o3tjxcew09z00

that's the link again but it goes off after a bit. You need to go on to the council web site planning and type in the yams post code, eh7 2nl to get a list of the applications.
eh11 2nl

greenginger
29-03-2016, 09:33 PM
eh11 2nl

Sorry ! its us that are EH7, I've just upgraded the PBS .

monktonharp
29-03-2016, 10:28 PM
https://citydev-portal.edinburgh.gov.uk/idoxpa-web/applicationDetails.do?activeTab=summary&keyVal=O3TJXCEW09Z00

That's the link again but it goes off after a bit. You need to go on to the Council web site planning and type in the Yams post code, EH7 2NL to get a list of the applications.

There is nothing on yet about the new stand, that one is about some work to provide accommodation for a ticket office and shop if they get round to starting the new stand.

The existing nursery is first class. The wooden structure is a bit out of date ( like its neighbour ) but they spent a fair bit of cash doing up the garden and outside play area a couple of years ago. I had a look at it as a possible nursery for my grandson, but my daughter found a handier alternative.thanks for that. quite a lot in the neghbours notification list, plenty of scope for objections at this stage:wink: Nonetheless, I cant see ought, re-the nursery, despite it being mentioned earlier and also the fact that seems to be well down McLeod street and not in the initial planning process/ And, who actually owns this "community based, or used football pitch bordering the distillery? looks to me, that it is a council owned stretch of land and yet it seems to be in the remit of all things homfc for the free use of. why? and don't anyone tell me it's because it's for the use of the community, when there seems to be nothing and no one using it, unless they are related or linked to this football club aforementioned. I think many have just given up on this, and allowed the current council to give freebies to this west Edinburgh football club despite putting obstacles in the path of an East Edinburgh football club for years.

greenginger
29-03-2016, 10:49 PM
thanks for that. quite a lot in the neghbours notification list, plenty of scope for objections at this stage:wink: Nonetheless, I cant see ought, re-the nursery, despite it being mentioned earlier and also the fact that seems to be well down McLeod street and not in the initial planning process/ And, who actually owns this "community based, or used football pitch bordering the distillery? looks to me, that it is a council owned stretch of land and yet it seems to be in the remit of all things homfc for the free use of. why? and don't anyone tell me it's because it's for the use of the community, when there seems to be nothing and no one using it, unless they are related or linked to this football club aforementioned. I think many have just given up on this, and allowed the current council to give freebies to this west Edinburgh football club despite putting obstacles in the path of an East Edinburgh football club for years.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@55.9395677,-3.2316155,119m/data=!3m1!1e3?hl=en

That's the nursery with the blue play area surrounded by trees.

The pitch at Wheatfield street is on land owned by N B Distillers.

monktonharp
29-03-2016, 11:00 PM
https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@55.9395677,-3.2316155,119m/data=!3m1!1e3?hl=en

That's the nursery with the blue play area surrounded by trees.

The pitch at Wheatfield street is on land owned by N B Distillers.Points taken and Ta.:aok:

Peevemor
29-03-2016, 11:28 PM
Why can't they just be honest for once. While they've admitted that the proposed shop and ticket office is to serve as "de cant" (sic) while they rebuild the main stand (for a period of 18 months!), the changing rooms are purely for community use - read the background blurb. If you look at the ground floor plan, there are big home and away changing rooms with massage areas, whiteboard emplacements, etc. , but also smaller, bog standard changing rooms marked "youth". I wonder what ones will be open for community use...

greenginger
29-03-2016, 11:43 PM
The Council agreed a price of £ 1.8 million with Vlad for the Nursery site and the office block/car park adjacent, back in 2008.

I can't see Mrs budge paying anything like that price. I think they will negotiate to buy only the strip of land required for the footplate of the new stand, about a quarter of the area. The council will retain the rest and landscape and Yamify it at taxpayers expense for their use.

I would also be concerned about any deal for the new nursery premises under the new stand. Will the Council be paying an annual rent to them for the space.

Will the Council be liable, as tenants, for part maintenance of the stand or even the whole of the PBS ?

dafthibby
30-03-2016, 09:13 AM
The Council agreed a price of £ 1.8 million with Vlad for the Nursery site and the office block/car park adjacent, back in 2008.

I can't see Mrs budge paying anything like that price. I think they will negotiate to buy only the strip of land required for the footplate of the new stand, about a quarter of the area. The council will retain the rest and landscape and Yamify it at taxpayers expense for their use.

I would also be concerned about any deal for the new nursery premises under the new stand. Will the Council be paying an annual rent to them for the space.

Will the Council be liable, as tenants, for part maintenance of the stand or even the whole of the PBS ?

aren't the council liable for maintaining all bus shelters?

but seriously it will be done pfi like all the new schools have been built, also heard from a mate from the council that a new application will follow for a mega supporters club/fan zone within the old tynecastle high buildings holding around 1.5k supporters on matchdays, the council hertz and NBD are in it together

Waxy
30-03-2016, 09:48 AM
I Marked the football pitch behind the wheatfield a few times years ago whilst working for the council. I assumed it was used by local schools and belonged to the council.

Ozyhibby
30-03-2016, 09:57 AM
I Marked the football pitch behind the wheatfield a few times years ago whilst working for the council. I assumed it was used by local schools and belonged to the council.

It's owned by the distillery and used exclusively by Hearts. They also give Hearts free use of the car park at the school. The distillery are very good to Hearts.

dangermouse
30-03-2016, 10:04 AM

The existing nursery is first class. The wooden structure is a bit out of date ( like its neighbour ) but they spent a fair bit of cash doing up the garden and outside play area a couple of years ago. I had a look at it as a possible nursery for my grandson, but my daughter found a handier alternative.

I thought the shop was under the Gorgie Road stand?

scoopyboy
30-03-2016, 10:22 AM
It's owned by the distillery and used exclusively by Hearts. They also give Hearts free use of the car park at the school. The distillery are very good to Hearts.

Not sure it is used exclusively by Hearts, I see the pitch from my work and I have only ever seen schoolkids use it.

Do NBD own the car park at the old Tynecastle High School?

Ozyhibby
30-03-2016, 11:42 AM
Not sure it is used exclusively by Hearts, I see the pitch from my work and I have only ever seen schoolkids use it.

Do NBD own the car park at the old Tynecastle High School?

I think NBD have bought the whole school?
Hearts use the pitch for their community programmes, so it is just for kids really.

scoopyboy
30-03-2016, 12:16 PM
I think NBD have bought the whole school?
Hearts use the pitch for their community programmes, so it is just for kids really.

I didn't realise that Ozy.

I actually thought a few years ago that NBD were heading towards relocation outside Edinburgh.

The pitch came about because they flattened warehouses along that stretch of Wheatfield Street and therefore avoided paying rates. In addition they sold their other warehouse site to Sainsburys and moved to West Calder IIRC.

greenginger
30-03-2016, 01:51 PM
aren't the council liable for maintaining all bus shelters?

but seriously it will be done pfi like all the new schools have been built, also heard from a mate from the council that a new application will follow for a mega supporters club/fan zone within the old tynecastle high buildings holding around 1.5k supporters on matchdays, the council hertz and NBD are in it together

The old Tynecastle School is owned by NB Distillers and Hearts want to use it on match days, so what possible reason would our Council have for contributing to the project.

Did they chip in anything for our behind the goals accommodation ?

Turkish Green
31-03-2016, 04:44 PM
I didn't realise that Ozy.

I actually thought a few years ago that NBD were heading towards relocation outside Edinburgh.

The pitch came about because they flattened warehouses along that stretch of Wheatfield Street and therefore avoided paying rates. In addition they sold their other warehouse site to Sainsburys and moved to West Calder IIRC.

The NBD planned to relocate to a greenfield site to the west of the by-pass but with the downturn in the market the move was mothballed. The Romanov pie-in-the-sky plan was to buy the school footprint as well as part of the NBD (for a new Roseburn) but this being brownfield hazardous ground needed additional planning approvals which they never got.

scoopyboy
31-03-2016, 05:01 PM
The NBD planned to relocate to a greenfield site to the west of the by-pass but with the downturn in the market the move was mothballed. The Romanov pie-in-the-sky plan was to buy the school footprint as well as part of the NBD (for a new Roseburn) but this being brownfield hazardous ground needed additional planning approvals which they never got.

Thanks TG.

I didn't think I had just imagined it. :aok:

monktonharp
31-03-2016, 10:47 PM
with regards to maybe the last 6 or 7 posts here on this subject it looks like no one actually (here) knows who owns what, or what exactly is being given out freely to the gorgie mob. I'ts time the council manned up, and anyone on the planning committee stood up and pointed out what is really going on!. I smelt a rat, some weeks ago and this week that rat has become decidedly niffy.

SJM
31-03-2016, 11:04 PM
It's not even about the council "manning up" this is the same bunch that cost our football club the butterfly park 15 years ago and that have always bent over backwards for they ****s. Nobody even knows how much assistance they have had over the years let alone how much they have swindled the council tax payers to go with the rest yet the council still seem willing, shamefully to subsidise them.

monktonharp
31-03-2016, 11:45 PM
Nobody even knows how much assistance they have had over the years let alone how much they have swindled the council tax payers to go with the rest yet the council still seem willing, shamefully to subsidise them.:agree: Although nothing is showing as yet, for the future plans and real assistance that our present council have in mind, the butterfly issue still wrankles with many Hibernian fans. I'd love to be a fly on the wall when any west Edinburgh council officials discuss the upgrade of Tynecastle park. the biggest problem I have with it is, who the **** owns the surrounding properties and why are the gorgie mob being given so much help ? this is to a company that dodged and ducked every rule in the book, morally and financiely and left debts of millions of pounds behind, while smugly suggesting that they were the big team, carrying out community work for the betterment of Edinburgh as a whole.

Hibernia&Alba
01-04-2016, 12:56 AM
:agree: Although nothing is showing as yet, for the future plans and real assistance that our present council have in mind, the butterfly issue still wrankles with many Hibernian fans. I'd love to be a fly on the wall when any west Edinburgh council officials discuss the upgrade of Tynecastle park. the biggest problem I have with it is, who the **** owns the surrounding properties and why are the gorgie mob being given so much help ? this is to a company that dodged and ducked every rule in the book, morally and financiely and left debts of millions of pounds behind, while smugly suggesting that they were the big team, carrying out community work for the betterment of Edinburgh as a whole.

Establishment Scotland, mini-Huns, old school tie, money talks, corruption, maroonic behaviour :agree::greengrin

fatbloke
01-04-2016, 01:36 AM
Establishment Scotland, mini-Huns, old school tie, money talks, corruption, maroonic behaviour :agree::greengrin
Aye all of the above. My source reckons a part of Edinburgh's huge parking income will pay for a huge part of everything. It's for the good of the community don't you know. Us Hibs fans should just accept it is going to happen as it has been for the last 142 years. Naive at least to think it will change anytime soon.

Hibernia&Alba
01-04-2016, 02:50 AM
Aye all of the above. My source reckons a part of Edinburgh's huge parking income will pay for a huge part of everything. It's for the good of the community don't you know. Us Hibs fans should just accept it is going to happen as it has been for the last 142 years. Naive at least to think it will change anytime soon.

:agree:

green day
01-04-2016, 06:22 AM
Lots of posts short on fact but long on conjecture.

Who cares what they do, I am more worried about our season than what they spend their cash on.

Not worth the airtime.

broondog
01-04-2016, 07:38 AM
:agree: Although nothing is showing as yet, for the future plans and real assistance that our present council have in mind, the butterfly issue still wrankles with many Hibernian fans. I'd love to be a fly on the wall when any west Edinburgh council officials discuss the upgrade of Tynecastle park. the biggest problem I have with it is, who the **** owns the surrounding properties and why are the gorgie mob being given so much help ? this is to a company that dodged and ducked every rule in the book, morally and financiely and left debts of millions of pounds behind, while smugly suggesting that they were the big team, carrying out community work for the betterment of Edinburgh as a whole.

absolutely spot on with all of that but there's a chance they might not get away with this one as there are apparently more obstacles for them than meets the eye. I have been in touch with my source at city planning inside CEC and apparently issues are cropping up with certain stakeholders who need to agree with the new plans for the deal to go through (the nursery, school etc). Some of the nursery hierarchy are said to be unhappy about the move as it is going to be much more difficult to access once the nursery is part of the stand. It looks like it will be a couple of floors up with no plans for an elevator and this is causing some issues. I will report more information when I have it but it looks like they might not be able to get rid of their asbestos ridden dump of stand.

greenginger
01-04-2016, 07:43 AM

The owners of the surrounding properties are,

The Tynecastle nursery school - Edinburgh Council

The 60's office block and car park south of the nursery - Owned by Council and let to HOMFC

The old stone built office south of 60's block - Owned by Chris Stewart Group let to HOMFC.

Old Tynecastle High School - Owned by North British Distillers Ltd

Football pitch behind Wheatfield Stand - Owned by North British Distillers Ltd.

AndyM_1875
01-04-2016, 08:01 AM

Surely Edinburgh's Council's revenues have higher priorities such as the Trams extension and the reopening of the South Sub railway to passengers? Both are a higher priority than a stupid west Edinburgh football club which has only ever learned one thing, how to pish away other folks cash.

Kato
01-04-2016, 08:14 AM
It's not even about the council "manning up" this is the same bunch that cost our football club the butterfly park 15 years ago and that have always bent over backwards for they ****s. Nobody even knows how much assistance they have had over the years let alone how much they have swindled the council tax payers to go with the rest yet the council still seem willing, shamefully to subsidise them.

....and their refusal to allow Hibs to develop Hunter's Hall into a training centre, forcing Hibs to deal with East Lothian Council instead and their refusal to do business with us on the small strip of land outside the West Stand...

At every turn the EC obstructs Hibs while in the other hand they "work closely" with the Savilles.

There are quite a few mentions on this thread of warnings to watch what the council are up to when assisting them. Quite rightly too as I doubt there is any Hibs fan who would be happy to see their tax monies being spent helping them.

Let's be honest, they already are and have probably already given them cash with more to go towards them in the future.

Note there has been zero mention from Hearts as to where the finance is coming from for the stand.

greenginger
01-04-2016, 08:19 AM
https://citydev-portal.edinburgh.gov.uk/idoxpa-web/applicationDetails.do?activeTab=summary&keyVal=O4I0NUEW0GY00

Details of Hearts pre-application notice now on Council planning web-site.

Not much info, a gushing blurb from architects James Clydesdale and Co, proving they can't count. :greengrin

Just realised its 1st April today, how appropriate !

Moulin Yarns
01-04-2016, 08:49 AM
https://citydev-portal.edinburgh.gov.uk/idoxpa-web/applicationDetails.do?activeTab=summary&keyVal=O4I0NUEW0GY00

Details of Hearts pre-application notice now on Council planning web-site.

Not much info, a gushing blurb from architects James Clydesdale and Co, proving they can't count. :greengrin

Just realised its 1st April today, how appropriate !

Application form written in crayon!!?

SJM
01-04-2016, 08:49 AM

Who cares what they do, I am more worried about our season than what they spend their cash on.

Not worth the airtime.

I care when it's councils money helping them out. The same council that cost our club around £20m and did nothing but place obsticles in our way when we redeveloped our home with no additional assistance. They get the council and the brewery falling over themselves to help as well as a training facility they are still allowed to use after shafting their landlords for millions a couple of years ago.
Bunch of scaffy begging bassas.

SJM
01-04-2016, 08:51 AM
....and their refusal to allow Hibs to develop Hunter's Hall into a training centre, forcing Hibs to deal with East Lothian Council instead and their refusal to do business with us on the small strip of land outside the West Stand...

At every turn the EC obstructs Hibs while in the other hand they "work closely" with the Savilles.

There are quite a few mentions on this thread of warnings to watch what the council are up to when assisting them. Quite rightly too as I doubt there is any Hibs fan who would be happy to see their tax monies being spent helping them.

Let's be honest, they already are and have probably already given them cash with more to go towards them in the future.

Note there has been zero mention from Hearts as to where the finance is coming from for the stand.

Agree 100%

Bostonhibby
01-04-2016, 08:56 AM

Not worth the airtime.
I agree, it's none of our concern what the yam spend their cash on. The concerns rightly being expressed here are how much of other people's money will they be given by their council benefactor. Not to mention backdoor assistance from other public funded bodies who neglect to actually collect any money from them.

Bill Milne
01-04-2016, 09:00 AM
I said to a mate a while ago that we should take note when the Budgie uses the term "community" in relation to the upgrades proposed. IIRC she has now done this and the door is, therefore, wide open for the cooncil Jambo supporters club to leap in with financial assistance!!

green day
01-04-2016, 11:59 AM
I agree, it's none of our concern what the yam spend their cash on. The concerns rightly being expressed here are how much of other people's money will they be given by their council benefactor.

They are being given money by the council? :rolleyes:

I agree entirely that questions need to be answered - if that's true.

However.................

Is the "council giving them money" story an actual fact, or made up nonsense based on what some bloke down the pub said??

lapsedhibee
01-04-2016, 12:12 PM

However.................

Is the "council giving them money" story an actual fact, or made up nonsense based on what some bloke down the pub said??

It's a surmise based on the lessons of history innit.

SJM
01-04-2016, 12:15 PM
It's a surmise based on the lessons of history innit.

Yep, it would be an actual story if the council weren't helping them as per'

greenginger
01-04-2016, 12:24 PM

However.................

It is certain they will get money from the Council/Sport Scotland for providing the planned facilities under the Wheatfield Stand for community use on the NB Distillers pitch. They are providing facilities for their own use at the same time.
What percentage of the total cost will be deemed the community use portion ?

To build their new stand they need Council owned land in Mcleod Street. Vlad agreed a price of £ 1.8 million back in 2007 to buy the land from the Council. The price Mrs Budge pays will be a fraction of that amount.

green day
01-04-2016, 12:30 PM
It is certain they will get money from the Council/Sport Scotland for providing the planned facilities under the Wheatfield Stand for community use on the NB Distillers pitch. They are providing facilities for their own use at the same time.

To build their new stand they need Council owned land in Mcleod Street. Vlad agreed a price of £ 1.8 million back in 2007 to buy the land from the Council. The price Mrs Budge pays will be a fraction of that amount.

The first bit - sounds fair enough, if you provide facilities and they are used, then get sportscotland funds - why not?

Second bit - you are suggesting that the council is accepting a bid for less than market value for land?

If that is the case, then absolutely this should be escalated, I am just surprised that if this is true that it has not been picked up by any media outlets (whether MSM or new media).

Again, presuming that this part is true, somebody has engaged a hibs supporting councillor to investigate?

NAE NOOKIE
01-04-2016, 12:33 PM
Have you people any idea of the upset this thread is causing over on Jambos Sickbag ...... no, because you just don't stop to think !!!

They have now been forced to point out that not only were ECC prepared to hand us Meadowbank on a plate, but had also offered to turn it into Edinburgh's answer to the Amsterdam arena for us, and at public expense.

It was only the Hibs board begging Wallace Mercer to buy the club that lead to STF saving us.

They have also pointed out that joining HSL does not make you a part owner of Hibs and that this means our fan ownership model is a con by STF / RP.

I never knew any of this ......... Why do I have to look over there to get the TRUTH dammit !!!

Ozyhibby
01-04-2016, 12:45 PM
Have you people any idea of the upset this thread is causing over on Jambos Sickbag ...... no, because you just don't stop to think !!!

They have now been forced to point out that not only were ECC prepared to hand us Meadowbank on a plate, but had also offered to turn it into Edinburgh's answer to the Amsterdam arena for us, and at public expense.

It was only the Hibs board begging Wallace Mercer to buy the club that lead to STF saving us.

They have also pointed out that joining HSL does not make you a part owner of Hibs and that this means our fan ownership model is a con by STF / RP.

I never knew any of this ......... Why do I have to look over there to get the TRUTH dammit !!!

You don't, there are still some Hibs fans out there willing to indulge that HSL fantasy.

poolman
01-04-2016, 01:16 PM

Your " source " is talking nonsense

Bostonhibby
01-04-2016, 02:01 PM

However.................

The clue seems to lie in the concerns people have about what they will be given if no one is looking.

For example if the council had collected all the business rates as they should have and like they did with our club then the yam would not have had that council money to use.

We know this because they published what they hadn't been pursued for earlier by the council, and other like minded public bodies in their very own creditors list.

Sleight of hand but the outcome is the same.

Bostonhibby
01-04-2016, 02:06 PM

An open auction of the land to realize it's open market value on behalf of all the hard pressed tax payers in Edinburgh will take care of any speculation about the true value of the site.

Deansy
01-04-2016, 02:33 PM

Not worth the airtime.

I also wouldn't give a xxxx what they do had it not been for the years of absolute dross we've had to endure because we're Edinburgh's one and only HONEST football club and so we've PAID our way, with OUR money !!. These times may not have been necessary IF the council treated us in the same way they treat Edinburgh's one and only DIS-HONEST football club (also a safe haven for sexual deviants) who've brought nothing but shame and disgrace to our city !!

greenginger
01-04-2016, 03:19 PM
The first bit - sounds fair enough, if you provide facilities and they are used, then get sportscotland funds - why not?

Second bit - you are suggesting that the council is accepting a bid for less than market value for land?

If that is the case, then absolutely this should be escalated, I am just surprised that if this is true that it has not been picked up by any media outlets (whether MSM or new media).

Again, presuming that this part is true, somebody has engaged a hibs supporting councillor to investigate?

Nothing is " true " yet. Negotiations are ongoing according to Yam media, but does anyone seriously expect Mrs Budge to pay £ 1.8 million for the Mcleod Street land when she got the whole stadium, the Club and players for £ 2.5 million.

As I posted previously only the fraction of the land, just the amount required for the new stand footplate will be sold ( roughly 25% ) and that will be balanced against the area of the stand given over to the new nursery accommodation.
The remainder of the land will be retained by the council and landscaped for their use, at our expense.

Do you think the EEN will make an issue of it no matter how non-commercial/corrupt the deal turns out to be ?

green day
01-04-2016, 03:33 PM
Nothing is " true " yet. Negotiations are ongoing according to Yam media, but does anyone seriously expect Mrs Budge to pay £ 1.8 million for the Mcleod Street land when she got the whole stadium, the Club and players for £ 2.5 million.

As I posted previously only the fraction of the land, just the amount required for the new stand footplate will be sold ( roughly 25% ) and that will be balanced against the area of the stand given over to the new nursery accommodation.
The remainder of the land will be retained by the council and landscaped for their use, at our expense.

Do you think the EEN will make an issue of it no matter how non-commercial/corrupt the deal turns out to be ?

So posting about it here achieves what?

Not disputing that stuff might be going on, I don't know what is/isn't true.

My question is, if people are concerned, what are they actually doing about it?

Ozyhibby
01-04-2016, 03:35 PM
An open auction of the land to realize it's open market value on behalf of all the hard pressed tax payers in Edinburgh will take care of any speculation about the true value of the site.

I doubt there would be much interest in the land from anyone but Hearts to be honest.

Bostonhibby
01-04-2016, 03:41 PM
I doubt there would be much interest in the land from anyone but Hearts to be honest.

I think you are right but an open sale process is a good way to kill off any rumours, and of course it's entirely in keeping with the councils "values" to do the sale in a transparent way.

God forbid that someone else with the money to do it might come along and buy a fairly crucial piece of land for them and hold them to ransom, or alternatively force the yam to bid top dollar at the first time of asking to the benefit of all the tax payers of the city the council were elected to represent. :wink:

greenginger
01-04-2016, 04:14 PM

The council sold the piece of land across the road, 22 Mcleod Street, to Cruden Homes, for about £800,000 a year ago. The land sold was less than half the area of the land the HOMFC would be buying.

jgl07
01-04-2016, 04:31 PM
The council sold the piece of land across the road, 22 Mcleod Street, to Cruden Homes, for about £800,000 a year ago. The land sold was less than half the area of the land the HOMFC would be buying.
Yes but this land is considerably devalued by having a horrible pink bus shelter right next to it.

greenginger
01-04-2016, 05:00 PM
Yes but this land is considerably devalued by having a horrible pink bus shelter right next to it.

It could be screened with a forty foot high hedge. :greengrin

Aldo
01-04-2016, 05:22 PM
The Council (like most other Councils) are struggling money wise and they will have to think very very carefully about plowing tax payers money into a venture with the Yams!

Following their failure to pressure the Yams into paying their way to the tune of over £90,000 Council tax arrears, whilst chasing Joe Public for the slightest infringement, it wouldn't surprise me one bit if they rolled over and assisted the Yams for the sake of the Community!

I really hope there will be some transparency regarding this but that's not a word I would use in the same sentence as the Yams.

I have no doubt whatsoever that the Council will bend over backwards to assist the Yams in their quest to build their new stand, like they have done for many a decade!!

Keith_M
01-04-2016, 05:37 PM
Should we take all the posts on here today with a pinch of salt?

:wink:

Bostonhibby
01-04-2016, 06:18 PM
Should we take all the posts on here today with a pinch of salt?

:wink:
I'll take it, so long as it's somebody else's salt. Or is donated by the council.

Kato
01-04-2016, 06:26 PM

You can't deny they have a gift for imagination and exaggeration. Gimps.

doddsy
01-04-2016, 07:47 PM
You can't deny they have a gift for imagination and exaggeration. Gimps.

It would seem the Yams are getting upset at people keeping an eye out for the mainly Yam council giving an underserved helping hand.

If they've nothing to hide why would they object to some open accountablility.

Keep up the good work fellow hibbies.

Gorgie is a horrible smelling ****hole anyway, alway's has been.

monktonharp
01-04-2016, 09:33 PM
So posting about it here achieves what?

Not disputing that stuff might be going on, I don't know what is/isn't true.

My question is, if people are concerned, what are they actually doing about it?the more info, or suggestions or speculation the better, imho. then at least people have something to ask the Elected council members about, be it their own area or an area within the city.people don't just sit down, and shut up these days.

monktonharp
01-04-2016, 09:35 PM
I doubt there would be much interest in the land from anyone but Hearts to be honest.been speaking to Lord Foulkes have you?

dafthibby
01-04-2016, 10:37 PM
The council are closing gyms and reducing hours of libraries they better no be selling them the buildings for a pound

MagicSwirlingShip
02-04-2016, 01:48 AM
Right; before we get our knickers in a twist....

As far as I can see - they have submitted a notice advising that they intend to apply for Formal Planning Permission for a New Stand.

They've not even reached the photos of cardboard boxes stage yet. They have to consult with fans, nurseries, Breweries, local residents, Council reps, Fans Reps, and Police Stewards before they even submit a formal application and funding is even considered.

In my opinion this is all a vanity project which is being undertaken to formally show the Swynie faithful that it is not financially viable to stay at the PinkBus Shelter.

Once they have undertaken the consultation stage and it is apparent the costs of such a Pipe Dream are unattainable without bank credit they don't have, Budge will have them shipped out into the Heart of Hillend in no time.

When we built the West and East it was signed and sealed and the diggers were in within a few months. This will take much more effort to get over the line.

(All above is my opinion and is no way to be associated with facts)

LeithSqualk
02-04-2016, 07:23 AM
I see that they now also acknowledge the the area as a 'previously shabby looking community' the whole place is a midden, there is more dug ***** on the pavement down there than anywhere else in Edinburgh

Bostonhibby
02-04-2016, 08:14 AM
been speaking to Lord Foulkes have you?

Another moral crusader, can't see him being involved in anything irregular as far as the yam are concerned, after all he was the man who endorsed Romanov- delighted he is one of them, perfect fit.

Ozyhibby
02-04-2016, 08:52 AM
Be nice if this crisis in the Steel industry resulted in massive import tariffs being placed on Chinese steel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

greenginger
02-04-2016, 09:07 AM
Be nice if this crisis in the Stella industry resulted in massive import tariffs being placed on Chinese steel.

I've not drunk Stella for years. Have I caused a crisis ? :greengrin

Ozyhibby
02-04-2016, 09:13 AM
I've not drunk Stella for years. Have I caused a crisis ? :greengrin

[emoji23]

matty_f
02-04-2016, 09:52 AM
Genuinely don't care if they're building a new stand, it's much needed and at the end of the day, it's just seats and a few extras. We've had that for years, they needed to catch up at some point.

If it gives is better facilities to watch more semi finals and to let them see the stadium being filled properly when we're there, then I'm all for it.

Kato
02-04-2016, 02:06 PM
Genuinely don't care if they're building a new stand, it's much needed and at the end of the day, it's just seats and a few extras. We've had that for years, they needed to catch up at some point.

If it gives is better facilities to watch more semi finals and to let them see the stadium being filled properly when we're there, then I'm all for it.

Same here - delighted they are making their pigsty safer for all those morons who choose to support them and their sycophants in the press.

My interest is in how much it's gong to cost me, whilst not being given the choice as to whether my money goes to them or not.

You can be sure that council money will be sneaked toward building this. The deeply cynical part of me says part of the pauchle accrued from the chaos in building half a tram line will go toward them building it.

greenginger
06-04-2016, 07:36 PM
Looks like the council has been getting the funding together for a vital infrastructure project on the West side of town. :greengrin

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/our-region/edinburgh/haymarket/atria-office-complex-sells-for-105m-1-4090894

grunt
08-04-2016, 11:02 AM
They've now got a FAQ about the stand on their site.
Here's an example:

Funding

How will the new stadium be funded?

It is anticipated that the full funding plan will be announced within the next three months and in advance of the full planning application being submitted.

macca70
08-04-2016, 11:30 AM
They've now got a FAQ about the stand on their site.
Here's an example:

Another Official statement to announce they still intend to build a new stand.

How many official statements do they need, will believe it when I see the JCB's in action.

MartinfaePorty
08-04-2016, 11:37 AM
Excuse my ignorance, but why the q&a regarding the synthetic pitch? Is this so that when the Council help them out they can say there is a community use for the site? Sorry if covered previously.

Golden Bear
08-04-2016, 11:41 AM

If it's all privately financed then yes I agree.

Haymaker
08-04-2016, 11:51 AM
If it's all privately financed then yes I agree.

Peevemor
08-04-2016, 11:53 AM
Works are scheduled to begin in April on the Undercroft area (situated below the Wheatfield Stand) and subject to planning permission, work on the new stand is then scheduled to commence no later than November with a view to being available for use, early in season 2017/18. Fit-out work is then expected to continue throughout season 2017/18.

So from that, they're planning to start the undercroft stuff this month (even though no formal applications have been made). Work on the new stand will start in November 2016 (6 month's time) even though no formal applications have been made to be ready early in season 2017/2018 - ie. 9-10 months later.

If they can get their consents (planning x 2 + building warrant x 2), carry out the work to the Wheatfield and have the main stand ready for bums on seats all in the space of 18 months they'll really be going some.

greenginger
08-04-2016, 11:58 AM
Another Official statement to announce they still intend to build a new stand.

How many official statements do they need, will believe it when I see the JCB's in action.

You might not see JCB's any time soon , but a new safety certificate will be winging its way to Mrs Budge as they are obviously serious about about the project and these things take time.

Booked4Being-Ugly
08-04-2016, 12:05 PM
If it's all privately financed then yes I agree.Sounds ok in theory although the SFA will be falling over themselves to give them priority over ER to rent Tyncastle for cup semis/Scotland games despite the fact the rest of their 'stadium' is one big toilet!

greenginger
08-04-2016, 12:07 PM
So from that, they're planning to start the undercroft stuff this month (even though no formal applications have been made). Work on the new stand will start in November 2016 (6 month's time) even though no formal applications have been made to be ready early in season 2017/2018 - ie. 9-10 months later.

If they can get their consents (planning x 2 + building warrant x 2), carry out the work to the Wheatfield and have the main stand ready for bums on seats all in the space of 18 months they'll really be going some.

The planning application for the work under the Wheatfield stand went in on 10th March.

But they still need a building warrant which could be going through the process simultaneously. Tender documents and a contractor have then to be found, unless they are going to do it on a time and material basis with no set budget.

GreenCastle
08-04-2016, 12:09 PM
I find it funny that the most important part of this whole project ... funding still hasn't been made clear.

How much will it cost and where is the money coming from ?

How is the underneath of the Wheatfield being funded?

From the website - It is anticipated that the full funding plan will be announced within the next three months and in advance of the full planning application being submitted.

For a club who have had severe financial issues so recently you would think that would be made transparent from the start.

They are still in debt to the Queen and they will need to pay her or someone else back for this (though going by previous years - overspending and not paying people back doesn't matter).

Peevemor
08-04-2016, 12:11 PM
The planning application for the work under the Wheatfield stand went in on 10th March.

But they still need a building warrant which could be going through the process simultaneously. Tender documents and a contractor have then to be found, unless they are going to do it on a time and material basis with no set budget.

Yup, I forgot about that.

monarch
08-04-2016, 12:26 PM
Sounds ok in theory although the SFA will be falling over themselves to give them priority over ER to rent Tyncastle for cup semis/Scotland games despite the fact the rest of their 'stadium' is one big toilet!

I don't think they'll get internationals if the dimensions of their pitch are not UEFA compliant

Billy Whizz
08-04-2016, 12:26 PM
Can they fit all their fans into the 3 stands

grunt
08-04-2016, 12:30 PM
I don't think they'll get internationals if the dimensions of their pitch are not UEFA compliant
From their FAQ posted today:

Will our new stadium be equipped to allow us to play European football?
Yes it will comply with UEFA standards.

grunt
08-04-2016, 12:31 PM
There's also this:

Are there any plans for electronic scoreboards or big screens?

Yes, the club are currently looking at the options for two screens.

southern hibby
08-04-2016, 12:43 PM
Seen a link on Facebook saying it will be fully UEFA compliant and it will take *********** to over 20,000 all seating capacity.

Not sure how to do links or I'd put it on here for folk to read. Really interesting that Jackanory ( for the older punters on here) are wanting this for a new story as it has everything from Dick Turpin to the Ice Queen to a Mad man, to innocent people all in the one tale.
Though I'm still trying to work out who's playing the big bad wolf and little red riding hood, but casting will be by Disney world ( not EuroDusney as licence ain't fit for purpose yet lol )

GGTTH

greenginger
08-04-2016, 12:51 PM
I will be fascinated to see how they get a 105 metre long pitch in the space they have got between the stand support pillars.

Hibs07p
08-04-2016, 12:52 PM
That's a lovely artists impression....

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-reveal-image-of-new-stand-at-tynecastle-1-4094665

... I'm just wondering if it will end up beside the other artist impressions until another one comes along.

GGTTH

Moulin Yarns
08-04-2016, 12:53 PM

Yup, I forgot about that.

Not sure how they are saying they intend to start work on the Wheatfield undercroft in April when the planning determination is scheduled for Mon 09 May 2016 according to the Cooncil Planning Portal.

Keith_M
08-04-2016, 12:58 PM

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-reveal-image-of-new-stand-at-tynecastle-1-4094665

... I'm just wondering if it will end up beside the other artist impressions until another one comes along.

GGTTH

Pretty pictures to keep the simpletons happy.

If they finally build it then good on them, it'll only be 16-17 years behind the Main Stand at ER.

If they actually pay for it, then well done for that as well. It's what honest, decent clubs have been doing for years while some clubs have been shafting people left, right and centre by not paying their debts.

Peevemor
08-04-2016, 01:12 PM
From the image, the stand is the same height as the others.

Currently, the Wheatfield holds roughly 6k and the end stands 3.5k each, making 13k.

Therefore, to reach a capacity of 20k, the new stand will need 1000 seats more than the Wheatfield + director's box, tunnel, etc.

I'm not sure how it can be done.

monarch
08-04-2016, 01:16 PM
I will be fascinated to see how they get a 105 metre long pitch in the space they have got between the stand support pillars.

Their FAQ reply saying that their pitch meets UEFA standards was in answer to a question about whether they could play European football or not. No reference about international matches was made. Currently I believe qualifying rounds of the Champions League/Europa League can be played on pitches which are not UEFA compliant but this is not allowed at the section stages. I think the Yams are playing with words here.

In any case, as greenginger says, there's no way they can get a 105 metre pitch in (unless they start demolishing parts of the Gorgie and Roseburn bus shelters- and that would cut back on their mysterious "over 20,000" capacity obsession).

Waxy
08-04-2016, 01:18 PM
Pigs might fly

NAE NOOKIE
08-04-2016, 01:19 PM
Very nice picture of the back of the 'proposed' design on the Yams official site .... it looks like exciting stuff for the local windae cleaner. Actually its pretty close to looking like the front o' TESCO in Gala .... for any Yams who cannae wait tae see the finished article its only 50 minutes on the train :greengrin

There's no view shown of the stand from the pitch, which means its going to be a mirror image of the Wheatfield, if slightly deeper ..... for folk who like to build copies of their clubs grounds oot o' Lego or shoe boxes this ones gonna' be a skoosh for our puddle drinking friends .... It also looks like the main corporate area is going to sit at the top of the stand, but without a view of the pitch? .... must be a big club thing.

This stand is beginning to remind me of one of those comedy sketches where the hero goes to chat up a burd at the bar who looks reasonably fit from behind but turns out to be gantin' frae the front :faf:

The FAQ still wont give away the capacity, so our Yam chums grabbing their junk in anticipation of it saying "bigger than Easter Road" ( of which there appears to be many ) have opened the tissues for nothin'

For any Yams looking in I'm prepared to be helpful ...... please feel free to cut & paste:

5 - 1
Died that day
Wee team
Big Team
Vermin
WW1
Hivs
Seethe

http://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/taunt%20smiley.gif .................... :yw:

greenginger
08-04-2016, 01:26 PM
Their FAQ reply saying that their pitch meets UEFA standards was in answer to a question about whether they could play European football or not. No reference about international matches was made. Currently I believe qualifying rounds of the Champions League/Europa League can be played on pitches which are not UEFA compliant but this is not allowed at the section stages. I think the Yams are playing with words here.

In any case, as greenginger says, there's no way they can get a 105 metre pitch in (unless they start demolishing parts of the Gorgie and Roseburn bus shelters- and that would cut back on their mysterious "over 20,000" capacity obsession).

They can play the qualifying rounds of the UEFA competions on a 100 metre pitch , but the knock-out stage and competion proper requires a pitch 105 metres

Moulin Yarns
08-04-2016, 01:33 PM
Very nice picture of the back of the 'proposed' design on the Yams official site .... it looks like exciting stuff for the local windae cleaner. Actually its pretty close to looking like the front o' TESCO in Gala .... for any Yams who cannae wait tae see the finished article its only 50 minutes on the train :greengrin

https://goo.gl/maps/1B3kdudYFyK2

GreenCastle
08-04-2016, 01:36 PM
Are there different pitch requirements to play FIFA International Matches v UEFA matches?

The champions league often has larger advertising boards around pitch therefore rows are often vacant at the front.

Easter Road will still be the venue for any International games in Edinburgh.

PBS will have a larger attendance for neutral cup games but still a smaller pitch and I would imagine a lower capacity.

They also have stated the corners won't be built on so basically whatever the capacity becomes that will be the maximum for the future.

ER has scope to develop the corners and has land to extend a stand if this was ever required (say Scotland decided to host the Euros).

I still don't see how they can also continue to play games at the PBS when a structure which will need to be carefully taken down will be a building site. The rest of the stadium doesn't have space for the other ST holders!

monarch
08-04-2016, 01:40 PM
They can play the qualifying rounds of the UEFA competions on a 100 metre pitch , but the knock-out stage and competion proper requires a pitch 105 metres

Thanks, you're correct.

Anyway it's irrelevant for the Yams as they won't be involved in the latter stages. :wink:

Keith_M
08-04-2016, 01:43 PM

Currently, the Wheatfield holds roughly 6k and the end stands 3.5k each, making 13k.

Therefore, to reach a capacity of 20k, the new stand will need 1000 seats more than the Wheatfield + director's box, tunnel, etc.

The Wheatfield is really steep, so the new Stand could theoretically be the same height by being being a little shallower, maybe the same level as the lower sections of the FF, West and South Stands at ER.

TrinityHibs
08-04-2016, 02:07 PM

You've obviously never watched Dr Who

Famous Fiver
08-04-2016, 03:54 PM
I am intrigued by the incorporation of the Tynecastle Nursery into the new plans.

Can some of our planning experts on here explain the fancy footwork going on. CEC must be involved in to achieve this?

lucky
08-04-2016, 04:25 PM
I'm delighted they are finally updating their ground. Have they said how they are going to pay for it and how much it will cost?

Alan62
08-04-2016, 04:28 PM
There's a lot of work between an 'artist's impression' and an approved architectural plan. I won't be holding my breath (other than when I'm walking past, of course) waiting on this getting built. If you read the comments on that Evening News article, you'd think that the finance was in place and the diggers were moving in on Monday.

Of course it's worth keeping an eye on the Council's activities in relation to Tynecastle's redevelopment just to make sure it's all fair and above board. Having said that, our own club has ambitious plans for the use of our stadium and I'm sure that Edinburgh Council will be keen to lend its support to everything that's happening at Easter Road too.

Personally, I hope that Hearts do get things sorted out because that old stand is not fit for purpose and needs to be taken down.

Of course, I also hope that redevelopment has an adverse affect on their football department. There's only so much money, after all. Mrs Budge may be 'Hearts daft' but she isn't stupid. Her pockets ain't that deep either. So, yeah, bring it on.

ruthven_raiders
08-04-2016, 06:51 PM

Few weeks ago posted that according to hearts website, the news stand takes capacity to about 19.6k.....so unless they magic extra seats from somewhere they are uneconomical with the truth ha ha

Joe6-2
08-04-2016, 06:59 PM
Not sure how they are saying they intend to start work on the Wheatfield undercroft in April when the planning determination is scheduled for Mon 09 May 2016 according to the Cooncil Planning Portal.

We all know that's a forgone conclusion! Makes me sick!

grunt
08-04-2016, 07:16 PM
Maybe they could spend some money putting some grass on their pitch?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Forthview
08-04-2016, 07:21 PM
Regarding the financing of the new stand can somebody clarify something.
My memory of the fan ownership plan is that the direct debits will repay a loan plus interest to Mrs B.
When she has got her wedge back she passes ownership to the fans, I'm guessing there is a legal document to cover this.
So who puts up the cash for the stand, if there's a legally binding agreement to allow the fans to own the club there cannot be another investor, maybe.
Or does B put up the cash and add it onto the existing loan meaning the fans will have to pay their DDs for some considerable time.
Discuss.

Ozyhibby
08-04-2016, 07:28 PM
Regarding the financing of the new stand can somebody clarify something.
My memory of the fan ownership plan is that the direct debits will repay a loan plus interest to Mrs B.
When she has got her wedge back she passes ownership to the fans, I'm guessing there is a legal document to cover this.
So who puts up the cash for the stand, if there's a legally binding agreement to allow the fans to own the club there cannot be another investor, maybe.
Or does B put up the cash and add it onto the existing loan meaning the fans will have to pay their DDs for some considerable time.
Discuss.

I don't think it matters. Hearts fans are fully behind the FoH model and are overwhelmingly in favour of building a new stand. They are raising £1.2m a year, which will easily fund the new stand without impacting on the playing side.

GreenCastle
08-04-2016, 07:36 PM

Seems it's causing them issues this season - was there not a game off on it due to the rain a few weeks back.

With a new stand a little higher than main stand the light access will be even worse.

Seems one side of the pitch is ok but other isn't getting much sun light.

Also how much is Ann Budge worth ?

Billy Whizz
08-04-2016, 07:38 PM

Think they had some sort of virus in the turf, but all is Barry now

SouthMoroccoStu
08-04-2016, 08:17 PM

T

Why bother?

The ball hardly touches the pitch when hearts play

Kato
08-04-2016, 08:44 PM
this stand is beginning to remind me of one of those comedy sketches where the hero goes to chat up a burd at the bar who looks reasonably fit from behind but turns out to be gantin' frae the front :faf:

:

lolz

Kato
08-04-2016, 08:47 PM
I'm delighted they are finally updating their ground. Have they said how they are going to pay for it and how much it will cost?

Neither of those two amounts have been published by the parties concerned.

Kato
08-04-2016, 08:51 PM
So who puts up the cash for the stand, .

The council, silly.

monktonharp
08-04-2016, 08:52 PM
I am intrigued by the incorporation of the Tynecastle Nursery into the new plans.

Can some of our planning experts on here explain the fancy footwork going on. CEC must be involved in to achieve this?quite a lot on here are intrigued. see some of Greenginger's recent posts for more info and links. It was also mentioned that the nursery was to be integrated within the new stand? what's that aboot? and, the nursery staff/parents apparently not too crazy on that idea, and it was roumored
that the rooms for the nursery were to be upstairs. It's all conjecture at the moment, and roumors, but I am not happy with any direct link with landscaping/integrating any bloody thing with my money helping through council funds. the vast majority of council tax players within the boundaries of the city, should be concerned if money is used yo assist a private enterprise with the idea that it is to help the community.

Callum7
08-04-2016, 09:14 PM

... I'm just wondering if it will end up beside the other artist impressions until another one comes along.GGTTH

This is what it may look like. What did they say they were doing with the nursery?
http://i67.tinypic.com/23iukk6.jpg

NAE NOOKIE
08-04-2016, 10:10 PM
This is what it may look like. What did they say they were doing with the nursery?
http://i67.tinypic.com/23iukk6.jpg

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQNxctMy_zk4pEVyvRiMdBRx3II9WRbK gAktT5jOuwqGF3m27n_Ug

Bostonhibby
08-04-2016, 10:16 PM
Pigs might fly

Unless they get a dose of the potters just before take off :wink:

Bostonhibby
08-04-2016, 10:20 PM

Not if you keep the ball up in the stratosphere most of the time

Waxy
08-04-2016, 10:38 PM
Wouldnt they be better off in a ground with a running track somewhere near the pentlands? They would get a bit sun on the pitch out there.

Pete
09-04-2016, 02:44 AM

Kind of where I'm at too but I've also got my beady eye on the council just in case.

When they complete their stadium it will be a good venue for our semis but from an outsiders point of view it will just mean that there are now two very similar stadiums in Edinburgh. I think we are crying out for a 25-30000 seater stadium outside Glasgow to deal with semis and cup finals involving provincial clubs and I can't help but think that they've missed a trick. How much more would it be to build an even bigger main stand at tynecastle that would make it 25000+ giving the country a really good range of stadia? They would probably make it back eventually given the uniqueness of the venue.

Lots of fellow hibs fans would probably find this point of view strange but I couldn't care less if our ground is bigger or vice versa. Size wasn't an issue when it was open terrace so why now?

Imagine the atmosphere next week if the game was to be played at a full Tynecastle holding 25,000 (plenty room for all). Instead we'll be rattling about in Hampden.

jacomo
09-04-2016, 08:46 AM
Kind of where I'm at too but I've also got my beady eye on the council just in case.

When they complete their stadium it will be a good venue for our semis but from an outsiders point of view it will just mean that there are now two very similar stadiums in Edinburgh. I think we are crying out for a 25-30000 seater stadium outside Glasgow to deal with semis and cup finals involving provincial clubs and I can't help but think that they've missed a trick. How much more would it be to build an even bigger main stand at tynecastle that would make it 25000+ giving the country a really good range of stadia? They would probably make it back eventually given the uniqueness of the venue.

Lots of fellow hibs fans would probably find this point of view strange but I couldn't care less if our ground is bigger or vice versa. Size wasn't an issue when it was open terrace so why now?

Imagine the atmosphere next week if the game was to be played at a full Tynecastle holding 25,000 (plenty room for all). Instead we'll be rattling about in Hampden.

Lolz.

If you want a decent 25,000 capacity stadium in Edinburgh, it won't be at Tynecastle.

Ann Budge is playing the stupid Yams here. Her plan is a joke.

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
09-04-2016, 08:54 AM
I agree the council need watching.

But anyone thinking it wont happen is being a bit petty. Of course it will, and if all is done properly and above board (and paid for!) It should happen. I dont get these people

lapsedhibee
09-04-2016, 08:58 AM

But anyone thinking it wont happen is being a bit petty. Of course it will, and if all is done properly and above board (and paid for!) It should happen. I dont get these people

who don't finish their sentences? :dunno:

gorgie greens
09-04-2016, 09:16 AM
Think they could do with a new pitch it was horendous last night

jacomo
09-04-2016, 09:28 AM

I hope we will be told.

Hardly 'petty' to be sceptical about these plans - although if people choose to swallow this nonsense then go ahead.

SouthMoroccoStu
09-04-2016, 09:58 AM
I just drew a picture of me in bed with Kelly Brook and Scarlett Johansson. Doesn't mean it's going to happen

poolman
09-04-2016, 10:03 AM

Said this before and I'll say again the Council will not be funding any of this.

I was at a meeting yesterday and there are more cuts to come across Council departments

They wouldn't dare when people are at risk of redundancy

Keith_M
09-04-2016, 10:15 AM
I just drew a picture of me in bed with Kelly Brook and Scarlett Johansson. Doesn't mean it's going to happen

Kelly Brook wants me, so you've got NO chance :wink:

NAE NOOKIE
09-04-2016, 10:55 AM

Brilliant :faf:

greenginger
09-04-2016, 11:28 AM
Said this before and I'll say again the Council will not be funding any of this.

I was at a meeting yesterday and there are more cuts to come across Council departments

So, do you seriously believe they will pay anything like the £ 1.8 million for the Mcleod Street land that was agreed between the Council and the Lithuanians back in 2007 ?

I understand they are trying to get the land for a " nominal sum " arguing that,

The Nursery building has to be replaced anyway.
If Hearts did'nt lease the office building nobody else would so it is worthless.
The new stand and surrounds will be an upgrade to the whole Gorgie area.

Dashing Bob S
09-04-2016, 11:37 AM

I'd be genuinely interested to see it Stu. Post?

Bostonhibby
09-04-2016, 11:44 AM
So, do you seriously believe they will pay anything like the £ 1.8 million for the Mcleod Street land that was agreed between the Council and the Lithuanians back in 2007 ?

I understand they are trying to get the land for a " nominal sum " arguing that,

If Hearts did'nt lease the office building nobody else would so it is worthless.
Yep it's the things they will do that you don't get transparency on that will be where the yams get their assistance from the council, as opposed to the tax payers getting true value of any assets involved.

Radium
09-04-2016, 11:56 AM

I think there will be a lot of people paying close attention to the dealings which, with FOI and draconian cuts across all council services, will give a level of scrutiny that has not been in place previously.

I don't see any problems with the plans for the undercroft, or the replacement of the main stand. As you point out though, the council need to get value for their assets. That is the only issue where I have my doubts. Query around the McLeod Street land is it's use, the plans show a pedestrian area, wonder if they really want parking.

Not sure the Lituanians property deals suggest that they had the best grasp of the market

Phil MaGlass
09-04-2016, 12:14 PM
Surely any public land for sale would be open to outside bids so the people of Edinburgh and the yam council would get the best deal possible.

Aldo
09-04-2016, 12:23 PM
Surely any public land for sale would be open to outside bids so the people of Edinburgh and the yam council would get the best deal possible.

You would think!!

But it's the Council and the Yams we are talking about here!!

Moulin Yarns
09-04-2016, 12:24 PM
I think there will be a lot of people paying close attention to the dealings which, with FOI and draconian cuts across all council services, will give a level of scrutiny that has not been in place previously.

I don't see any problems with the plans for the undercroft, or the replacement of the main stand. As you point out though, the council need to get value for their assets. That is the only issue where I have my doubts. Query around the McLeod Street land is it's use, the plans show a pedestrian area, wonder if they really want parking.

Not sure the Lituanians property deals suggest that they had the best grasp of the market

One concern might be the nursery being part of the stand as it appears to be from the sketch. Will that mean the Council paying rent or might it be rent free for a period (20 years?) in exchange for the land. Just a thought.

Ozyhibby
09-04-2016, 12:26 PM

There will be no outside interest in the land. There was no interest in 2014 when the whole stadium was available.

poolman
09-04-2016, 12:29 PM

The £1.8 million was for the nursery and the adult training centre back in circa 2006 IIRC

I'm sure that the market will not be the same at the moment but the council will try and get the best that they can

monarch
09-04-2016, 12:54 PM

I'm sure the Jambo hordes will look forward to marching past the council funded palm trees and fountains adorning the rebranded L'Avenue de McLeod on their way to the game.

Colr
09-04-2016, 12:59 PM
I'm sure the Jambo hordes will look forward to marching past the council funded palm trees and fountains adorning the rebranded L'Avenue de McLeod on their way to the game.

French? Lithuanian, surely?

Bristolhibby
09-04-2016, 01:12 PM

But it is worth something to someone, Hearts. As such the council should be pushing the yams to the very limit of where they are going to pull out. It's called good negotiating. **** this "nominal sum".

J

Bishop Hibee
09-04-2016, 02:26 PM
Maybe the council and Hertz could do a PPP deal. Worked well with the schools.

Ozyhibby
09-04-2016, 02:30 PM
Maybe the council and Hertz could do a PPP deal. Worked well with the schools.

What's happening with the schools may actually affect this deal. Council will probably have to announce a big review of procedures etc which may slow things down a bit.

fatbloke
09-04-2016, 04:26 PM
What's happening with the schools may actually affect this deal. Council will probably have to announce a big review of procedures etc which may slow things down a bit.
My info is cooncil will don their maroon colours when deciding what to do. Trust me.

LeithSqualk
10-04-2016, 11:10 AM
When will we find out what land has been purchased and for how much. Surely there has to be transparency and best value for tax payers. Old turkey neck better not be getting it on the cheap

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
10-04-2016, 11:19 AM

I missed a full stop.

jacomo
10-04-2016, 11:54 AM

I missed a full stop.

What don't you 'get', then?

Hearts publish yet another highly questionable proposal to rebuild Tynecastle (they can't even seem to make the seat numbers plausible on this one), and you describe the doubters as 'petty'?

Nah, don't think so.

Bill Milne
11-04-2016, 08:12 AM

I agree the cooncil can't afford to fund new capital projects but when did that stop them helping out Hertz?

mowgli
11-04-2016, 12:40 PM
I was under the impression AB already purchased some of the land required last year and the last bit she needed was at a "very very advanced stage"... According to her statement early December last year anyway.

greenginger
11-04-2016, 01:31 PM
I was under the impression AB already purchased some of the land required last year and the last bit she needed was at a "very very advanced stage"... According to her statement early December last year anyway.

http://www.saa.gov.uk/search.php?SEARCHED=1&ST=&SEARCH_TERM=mcleod+street+edinburgh&ASSESSOR_ID=&SEARCH_TABLE=valuation_roll&x=5&y=36#results

According to the Scottish Assessors Association site, 15 Mcleod Street ( the Nursery ) is owned and occupied by the council.
13 Mcleod Street ( the Hearts shop and ticket office ) is owned by the Council and leased to Hearts.

The other Hearts office ( the single story stone built ones ) were bought from the Lithuanian administrators by the Chris Stewart Group along with Vlad's old Bank buildings in St Andrew Square. Hearts are now renting them from that company.

I can't see any purchase by Mrs Budge or any associated companies.

Can you post a link to her statement.

bruno
11-04-2016, 01:44 PM
http://www.saa.gov.uk/search.php?SEARCHED=1&ST=&SEARCH_TERM=mcleod+street+edinburgh&ASSESSOR_ID=&SEARCH_TABLE=valuation_roll&x=5&y=36#results

According to the Scottish Assessors Association site, 15 Mcleod Street ( the Nursery ) is owned and occupied by the council.
13 Mcleod Street ( the Hearts shop and ticket office ) is owned by the Council and leased to Hearts.

The other Hearts office ( the single story stone built ones ) were bought from the Lithuanian administrators by the Chris Stewart Group along with Vlad's old Bank buildings in St Andrew Square. Hearts are now renting them from that company.

Can you post a link to her statement.
http://stv.tv/sport/football/1334689-hearts-to-stay-at-tynecastle-and-build-new-main-stand-says-ann-budge/

Kato
11-04-2016, 01:53 PM

Did you check to see if the council bought any land there recently?

greenginger
11-04-2016, 02:12 PM
Did you check to see if the council bought any land there recently?

Can't see any reason for the Council to buy land there. They sold the piece across the road from the old Tynecastle School to Cruden Homes.

Mrs Budge may have bought the office that the Chris Stewart Group bought. My copy of Land Register Title is dated 27/10/2015 and the linked article is dated in December, so it may have changed hands.

No, she has not got the Chris Stewart Group property.

I checked companies house site and the charge against the CSG company that was established when they bought the property is not noted as being satisfied. Mrs Budge don't own that bit either.

Maybe she has bought a few square feet from NB Distillers for their Wheatfield Stand undercroft project.

mowgli
11-04-2016, 03:17 PM
http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/news/hearts-to-stay-at-tynecastle-budge-confirms-1-3966388

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
11-04-2016, 03:29 PM

Hearts publish yet another highly questionable proposal to rebuild Tynecastle (they can't even seem to make the seat numbers plausible on this one), and you describe the doubters as 'petty'?

Nah, don't think so.

That people seriously think that this might not happen or is some giant ruse. Hearts almost certainly will build a new stand. Anyone setting this up as a romanovesque delusion are, IMO setting themselves up for a disappointment and being petty.

hibs0666
11-04-2016, 03:34 PM
http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/news/hearts-to-stay-at-tynecastle-budge-confirms-1-3966388

And, four months later, she still can't say how many seats the sooper dooper stand will have, how much it is going to cost or how it is to be funded. **** sake, she's not even packed the cardboard boxes.

But she has got a nice picture rendered I suppose, so at least there's been some progress.

CropleyWasGod
11-04-2016, 03:36 PM
That people seriously think that this might not happen or is some giant ruse. Hearts almost certainly will build a new stand. Anyone setting this up as a romanovesque delusion are, IMO setting themselves up for a disappointment and being petty.

But still the fundamental question has yet to be answered.

Until it is, people (both here and over there) have a right to be sceptical.

ruthven_raiders
11-04-2016, 03:37 PM

Nah, don't think so.

Not plausible or accurate lol under 20k with their figures

jacomo
11-04-2016, 06:41 PM

I won't be disappointed. As it happens, I am a believer in clubs remaining in their communities rather than shunted to some edge-of-town retail park, and I think Edinburgh would benefit from having a rebuilt Tynecastle.

From all that I understand, though, it would take huge amounts of money to make that site work as a modern football stadium, and even then it's compromised by a small pitch.

I do honestly think that Budge is at it.

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
11-04-2016, 07:12 PM
I won't be disappointed. As it happens, I am a believer in clubs remaining in their communities rather than shunted to some edge-of-town retail park, and I think Edinburgh would benefit from having a rebuilt Tynecastle.

From all that I understand, though, it would take huge amounts of money to make that site work as a modern football stadium, and even then it's compromised by a small pitch.

I do honestly think that Budge is at it.

So am I, which is why i hope they lose they Tynie and end up in one of them.

But i think the days of Hearts being run in a joke way are past, and that Budge will deliver them a stand. I just thought that laughing at what seem pretty reasonable and not at all grandiose plans, looks petty. And will end up backfiring.

I hope i'm wrong. If they were to lose Tynie, as a result of being unable to raise finance, or previous shoddy decisions to do things on the cheap, it would be all that they deserved. And it would also put their 'it was all worth it' bluster to a real test.

But i suspect they will end up with a new stand that looks pretty similar to their other stand.

jacomo
11-04-2016, 07:30 PM
So am I, which is why i hope they lose they Tynie and end up in one of them.

But i think the days of Hearts being run in a joke way are past, and that Budge will deliver them a stand. I just thought that laughing at what seem pretty reasonable and not at all grandiose plans, looks petty. And will end up backfiring.

I hope i'm wrong. If they were to lose Tynie, as a result of being unable to raise finance, or previous shoddy decisions to do things on the cheap, it would be all that they deserved. And it would also put their 'it was all worth it' bluster to a real test.

But i suspect they will end up with a new stand that looks pretty similar to their other stand.

Oh I agree, Budge seems like an effective operator.

That is one of the main reasons I can't see this happening - she'd never get her money back!

greenginger
12-04-2016, 02:37 PM
https://citydev-portal.edinburgh.gov.uk/idoxpa-web/applicationDetails.do?activeTab=documents&keyVal=O4I0NUEW0GY00

I see Hearts have had a letter from the Council planning office , dated 12th April, about their Pre Application Notice procedure.

Reading between the lines of the planning jargon, I would hazard a guess that James Clydesdale architects might not be up to speed on PAN requirements . ( Neither am I :greengrin )

Moulin Yarns
12-04-2016, 02:57 PM
https://citydev-portal.edinburgh.gov.uk/idoxpa-web/applicationDetails.do?activeTab=documents&keyVal=O4I0NUEW0GY00

I see Hearts have had a letter from the Council planning office , dated 12th April, about their Pre Application Notice procedure.

Reading between the lines of the planning jargon, I would hazard a guess that James Clydesdale architects might not be up to speed on PAN requirements . ( Neither am I :greengrin )

Not really, the proposed consultation was approved, subject to doing a wee bit more. Fairly normal.

greenginger
20-04-2016, 04:35 PM
HSE advising council to refuse planning permission for facilities under Wheatfield Stand.

http://citydev-portal.edinburgh.gov.uk/idoxpa-web/files/EA846F7E7874FE979A18E06204A94E7B/pdf/16_01277_FUL-HEALTH_AND_SAFETY_EXECUTIVE-3327690.pdf

Planners might well ignore the HSE views but there will be other hurdles and consultations required before any work starts.

DUX
20-04-2016, 06:57 PM
I would have thought Hearts would have been far better building a brand new 25 000 seater west of edinburgh with room for car park et al. Gorgie is totally unsuitable.

My honest opinion.

monktonharp
21-04-2016, 12:00 AM
I cant open the link, but I would find it astounding if the Planners were to ignore advice from the HSE, in fact their rules are statutary, are they not? . given the recent disastrous shortcomings of the PPI building work which the council is intricately involved with, I cant see the planning department ignoring warnings on a safety issue. :confused:

Kato
21-04-2016, 09:06 AM
.....given the recent disastrous shortcomings of the PPI building work which the council is intricately involved with..........

The council weren't involved at all, they allowed the builders to self-certificate planning permission, building warrants and completion certificates. If HSE have issues I'm sure Hearts will be allowed to self-cert their way past them.

DUX
21-04-2016, 09:12 AM
I cant open the link, but I would find it astounding if the Planners were to ignore advice from the HSE, in fact their rules are statutary, are they not? . given the recent disastrous shortcomings of the PPI building work which the council is intricately involved with, I cant see the planning department ignoring warnings on a safety issue. :confused:

The school wall which collapsed looked to me as if it was very shoddy brickies had built it as it had obviously had not been tied in properly with the inner wall.

Not much the company can do if the builders are not adhering to basic guidelines. Most ordinary builders would have tied the outer wall in properly using steel ties.

Once the wall is built it's hard to detect if tied in properly.

greenginger
21-04-2016, 09:15 AM

https://citydev-portal.edinburgh.gov.uk/idoxpa-web/applicationDetails.do?activeTab=documents&keyVal=O3TJXCEW09Z00

There's the link again. Its the last on the list dated 20th April.

Moulin Yarns
21-04-2016, 09:30 AM
https://citydev-portal.edinburgh.gov.uk/idoxpa-web/applicationDetails.do?activeTab=documents&keyVal=O3TJXCEW09Z00

There's the link again. Its the last on the list dated 20th April.

I think it is to do with the hazard blast zone

HSE's advice is that there are sufficient reasons on safety grounds, for
advising against the granting of planning permission in this case.

TrinityHibs
21-04-2016, 09:38 AM
I think it is to do with the hazard blast zone

HSE recommended against the Sainsbury's store in Gorgie. Look what happened there. If you want to see a pochled report look at the blast zone from Grangemouth for the Falkirk Community Stadium

TrinityHibs
29-04-2016, 03:36 PM
PAN lodged 23 March. Budge promised an application within 8 weeks. 2.5 weeks to go. Anybody been to their community events or seen them advertised. Mibbies she's not told the truth.:cb

Callum7
29-04-2016, 03:43 PM
Before I say this can someone confirm that the yams called of a game due to a flood risk recently?

Hibbyradge
29-04-2016, 03:48 PM
Before I say this can someone confirm that the yams called of a game due to a flood risk recently?

Indeed they did.

It was the game before we knocked them out of the cup.

linlithgowhibbie
29-04-2016, 03:48 PM

And a dodgy "Flu" epidemic!!!!!:agree:

Callum7
29-04-2016, 03:51 PM
And a dodgy "Flu" epidemic!!!!!:agree:

Ah well they have lied somewhere then as in there planning application it asks them 'if this area has been known to flood' which they answered 'no' to. Looks like they've been lying somewhere.

yet again...

Big_Franck
29-04-2016, 03:57 PM

Pretty sure that game was called off because their pitch was waterlogged, not because of flooding.

Of course anyone that lives in that area knows it hadnt rained for about 3 days before that game and it was called off after only a few houra rain.

greenginger
29-04-2016, 04:23 PM
PAN lodged 23 March. Budge promised an application within 8 weeks. 2.5 weeks to go. Anybody been to their community events or seen them advertised. Mibbies she's not told the truth.:cb

Public meeting in the Gorgie Suite 2nd, 3rd and 4th of May.

http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/5127

Viva_Palmeiras
29-04-2016, 10:13 PM
Jambo closes CERN ...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-36173247

Sergey
02-05-2016, 06:35 PM
Just tweeted:

Hearts reveal Tynecastle redevelopment will cost £11-12 million. New main stand to open Sep 2017. Half of the funding already in place.

So if I do the maths - they are circa £6 million shy.

Mr White
02-05-2016, 06:42 PM
Just tweeted:

Nae bother. They'll either owe it to themselves or bump some poor unsuspecting patsies :cb

SJM
02-05-2016, 06:44 PM
Nae bother. They'll either owe it to themselves or bump some poor unsuspecting patsies :cb

Budge will fund the rest and be payed back or she will get credit or similar.

green day
02-05-2016, 06:45 PM
Just tweeted:

I am more confused about where the other £5.5 M "already in place" came from???

emerald green
02-05-2016, 06:46 PM
They were £millions shy regarding all their creditors, but it doesn't seem to have done HMFC any harm. :fuming:

Aldo
02-05-2016, 06:53 PM
They were £millions shy regarding all their creditors, but it doesn't seem to have done HMFC any harm. :fuming:

Funny that!! It pays to cheat!!

Mr White
02-05-2016, 06:54 PM
credit or similar.

:cb

Radium
02-05-2016, 07:09 PM
From Kenny Millar on Twitter

Also plans for a new rooftop restaurant overlooking Edinburgh Castle. More to follow on @

Ozyhibby
02-05-2016, 07:10 PM
Player sales is the most likely source.
Walker, Nicolson and Patterson could bring in £4m+
That's about it though. I can't see a fee being paid for anyone else.

Big_Franck
02-05-2016, 07:16 PM

They wouldn't call that funding 'already in place' though. Where the f*** did they get 5.5m from? Have I missed a huge investment in to the tax cheats recently?

Ged
02-05-2016, 07:20 PM
Well if they're spending 12m on a stand it means they're not spending that on players. We've already been there and done that.

CropleyWasGod
02-05-2016, 07:21 PM
They wouldn't call that funding 'already in place' though. Where the f*** did they get 5.5m from? Have I missed a huge investment in to the tax cheats recently?
Likeliest is an external loan , guaranteed by AB. Less likely is a loan from her.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Thecat23
02-05-2016, 07:24 PM
Hearts building a £12m new main stand?

Sorry but I call bull**** on that and don't care who or where this has come from!

GreenLake
02-05-2016, 07:24 PM
Budge will fund the rest and be payed back or she will get credit or similar.

I would be tempted to fund some of that at the interest rates she charges. You can't get those rates on junk bonds.

green day
02-05-2016, 07:26 PM
BBC site says the auld bird said "they are confident it will be "completely paid for, with no bank debt at all."

That is highly confusing but she said all would be revealed soon.

I just assume she is putting up the cash and being paid back on the never never??

green day
02-05-2016, 07:36 PM
Likeliest is an external loan , guaranteed by AB. Less likely is a loan from her.

"Mrs Budge advised the club anticipates that when the first team run out in front of the new Main Stand for the first time, it will be completely paid for, with no bank debt at all"

Completely paid for by Sept 2017 is a bold statement.

Wonder if all the FoH cash is going to the stand?

Aldo
02-05-2016, 07:38 PM
Holy *****.... From £28 million in debt, into Administration where they bumped everyone and a few years later this.

Cheats do indeed prosper!!

truehibernian
02-05-2016, 07:40 PM
Holy *****.... From £28 million in debt, into Administration where they bumped everyone and a few years later this.

Cheats do indeed prosper!!

Take a wee look at the other 3 stands Aldo and breathe............

CropleyWasGod
02-05-2016, 07:41 PM
"Mrs Budge advised the club anticipates that when the first team run out in front of the new Main Stand for the first time, it will be completely paid for, with no bank debt at all"

It's possible, but I'm reading that statement slightly differently. Of course it will be "paid for", just as a house is paid for when you move in. That doesn't mean, of course, that you don't have any debt :)
She uses the phrase "no bank debt"...not "no debt". :)

Bostonhibby
02-05-2016, 07:42 PM

They'd need to bake a lot of cakes if it isn't.

I can't see there being much poppy fund money about either this time around so whose cash will they do it with this time?

Aldo
02-05-2016, 07:42 PM
Take a wee look at the other 3 stands Aldo and breathe............

And breathe...... You are indeed correct TH!!

Danderhall Hibs
02-05-2016, 07:44 PM

I don't get the Patterson love in.

There's never to my knowledge even been any speculation about anyone wanting him so if doubt there's someone sitting with a big brown envelope with £2m in it.

Danderhall Hibs
02-05-2016, 07:45 PM
It's possible, but I'm reading that statement slightly differently. Of course it will be "paid for", just as a house is paid for when you move in. That doesn't mean, of course, that you don't have any debt :)
She uses the phrase "no bank debt"...not "no debt". :)

Would they be allowed bank debt anyway? So soon after bumping so many folk?

O'Rourke3
02-05-2016, 07:50 PM
Paid for and named by some Corporate sponsor for ?10 years. Hilton or Tesco. Then they own the lease...

Ozyhibby
02-05-2016, 07:50 PM
http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-unveil-plans-for-new-12-million-main-stand-1-4116908

CropleyWasGod
02-05-2016, 07:52 PM
Would they be allowed bank debt anyway? So soon after bumping so many folk?
With a decent business plan, repayment proposals and security, don't see why not. ....except banks are heading out of football these days :)

truehibernian
02-05-2016, 08:02 PM
I don't get the Patterson love in.

There's never to my knowledge even been any speculation about anyone wanting him so if doubt there's someone sitting with a big brown envelope with £2m in it.

Even in their own ground their scrimping is embarrassing - at the weekend for example the Celtic stats guy was in their pokey wee media room all game - Hearts management use their IPhones for 'playback' - the Celtic media team told Hearts McGregor was onside (first half) before Robbie was able to get his iPhone out - utterly embarrassing managing from the so called 'Famous' .

Mango Man
02-05-2016, 08:05 PM
It is quite remarkable the position they now find themselves in, after all the debt they have dodged and relegation, they now seem to be thriving, the fans have come out in numbers and pulled them through it, the jammiest of jammy dogers you could ever imagine, Hibs try to do things properly and look where we are.

I knew they would come out of this smelling of roses, cheats do prosper, always do.

GreenLake
02-05-2016, 08:18 PM
"These could include a supporters’ bar in the undercroft of the Wheatfield Stand. Budge said she wanted the stadium to have “a campus-style feel, where people can mingle and meet.”"

I can just picture Jambos strolling about having intellectual discussions and sharing ideas.:greengrin

Probably better to give it a seedy alleyway type feel for the kind of mingling that suits them.

Alfred E Newman
02-05-2016, 08:37 PM
BBC site says the auld bird said "they are confident it will be "completely paid for, with no bank debt at all."

That is highly confusing but she said all would be revealed soon.

I just assume she is putting up the cash and being paid back on the never never??

It might be that they are borrowing the money from themselves.:dunno:

HibbiesandtheBaddies
02-05-2016, 09:02 PM
It is quite remarkable the position they now find themselves in, after all the debt they have dodged and relegation, they now seem to be thriving, the fans have come out in numbers and pulled them through it, the jammiest of jammy dogers you could ever imagine, Hibs try to do things properly and look where we are.

I knew they would come out of this smelling of roses, cheats do prosper, always do.

Danderhall Hibs
02-05-2016, 09:05 PM
It might be that they are borrowing the money from themselves.:dunno:

That would be the most sensible way. :agree:

Waxy
02-05-2016, 09:06 PM
Their debt might have vanished, their old main stand might vanish, but Sir Albert Kidd day can Never vanish.

Callum7
02-05-2016, 09:22 PM
This is what their new stand shall look like. It shall fade to pink like the rest of it.

fatbloke
02-05-2016, 09:28 PM
Edinburgh Council.

Forthview
02-05-2016, 09:32 PM
I note there is mention of possible naming rights sale.
Maybe the people who funded the strange arrangement that resulted in the shirts being apparently sponsored by a national charity will put more money in. Name the stadium for a random figure like £6M over 10 years or some similar arrangement. :rolleyes:

SJM
02-05-2016, 09:34 PM

Makes you ******g sick though. Spawny begging ****s to a man.