PDA

View Full Version : Ashley Flynn

HH81
03-12-2015, 08:21 AM
My mate was telling me about this guy.

Scored his 50th goal last night for Emley FC. They only play at one level below the one Vardy was found by Halifax. Here is a link to his goals...

http://www.ncefl.org.uk/teams/afcemley/matches/2015/

Should Hibs be looking at this type or would the step up be too great?

Future17
03-12-2015, 10:09 AM
Do you know any more about him? Age, background etc?

That's a more than decent goal return at any level, but I think you have to be a bit sceptical when 13 of his goals have been in 3 games his team won 10-0, 11-0 and 13-1. That probably indicates it isn't a particularly competitive league.

Also, I could be wrong, but I think this league is actually 4 levels below the National League (formerly the Conference). Although I suppose that's only relevant if we're saying Vardy was "discovered" whilst playing in the Conference, rather than lower down the pyramid whilst playing for Halifax or whoever he was at before.

Pretty Boy
03-12-2015, 11:07 AM
How does this level compare to the one Jamie Insall was playing at when we signed him?

HH81
03-12-2015, 11:16 AM
I think its same level as Insall to be honest?

Vardy was signed from Stocksbridge who were at a lot lower than the conference at the time. Halifax got a good fee from Fleetwood and then a sell on fee too so they have to take massive credit for Vardy.

Think this lad is 25 so only has a short time to move up the leagues now?

J-C
03-12-2015, 11:47 AM
Vardy said on the radio the other day that there are plenty guys in the lower leagues who could do a job higher up if given the chance, we had Clayton Donaldson but unfortunately he didn't progress in the split second needed before the supporters got on his back, proved them all wrong since though.

CallumLaidlaw
03-12-2015, 11:57 AM
How does this level compare to the one Jamie Insall was playing at when we signed him?

Emley play in the 9th/10th tier of English Football. Insall had signed for Stourbridge who are the 7th/8th tier. He played for Bromyard town in 14/15 who played in the 11th tier.

Jamie Vardy played for 4 years for Stocksbridge Park Steels who were in the 7th/8th tier, before being signed by Halifax.

CapitalGreen
03-12-2015, 12:41 PM
we had Clayton Donaldson but unfortunately he didn't progress in the split second needed before the supporters got on his back, proved them all wrong since though.

Funny you post this while on a another thread you are slating Feruz...

J-C
03-12-2015, 03:08 PM
Funny you post this while on a another thread you are slating Feruz...

I slated Feruz because he came here from Chelsea and he is/was a Scotland U21 international, so far he's shown the square root of nowt, if he was as good as he thinks he is he'd be starting every game for us, the fact he want to go back down south asap says a lot about him.

Oh and by the way I have an opinion and if I want to slate a player I will, if that's ok with you that is, maybe next time I'll ask for permission. :confused:

CapitalGreen
03-12-2015, 03:22 PM
I slated Feruz because he came here from Chelsea and he is/was a Scotland U21 international, so far he's shown the square root of nowt, if he was as good as he thinks he is he'd be starting every game for us, the fact he want to go back down south asap says a lot about him.

Oh and by the way I have an opinion and if I want to slate a player I will, if that's ok with you that is, maybe next time I'll ask for permission. :confused:

No need to throw a strop because somebody calls out your double standards.

How do you know how good Feruz thinks he is? He's only played about 30 odd mins, the majority of which we were just seeing out the clock. He's been unfortunate to join a team where the strikers currently playing are in a rich vein of scoring form.

J-C
03-12-2015, 03:31 PM
No need to throw a strop because somebody calls out your double standards.

How do you know how good Feruz thinks he is? He's only played about 30 odd mins, the majority of which we were just seeing out the clock. He's been unfortunate to join a team where the strikers currently playing are in a rich vein of scoring form.

Donaldson came here from York and it was a big step up for him, he wasn't a loan so should've been given more time to settle in but the usual gang of supporters made their minds up and he was gone.

Feruz is a loan player and as far as I'm concerned should be as good as if not better than what we have. Ask yourself, why has Stubbs and his coaches who see the lad every day not started him, why has he not been playing U20's to get sharp, if he was that good, why is he only getting 10 min cameo's, there's a reason...he aint as good as some people thought he was, or he thinks he is.

I get info about training, I see what's on the pitch and I'll trust Stubbs judgement if he thinks he's only good enough for the odd few mins here and there.

Instead of having a snipe at me, have a look at the replies to the thread about Feruz, not many are going to miss him if he leaves in January, says it all really.

CapitalGreen
03-12-2015, 03:48 PM
Ask yourself, why has Stubbs and his coaches who see the lad every day not started him,

He's been unfortunate to join a team where the strikers currently playing are in a rich vein of scoring form.

Future17
03-12-2015, 08:06 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34997314

HH81
03-12-2015, 08:07 PM
At that level your normally on non contract too so bet someone takes a chance on him now?

J-C
03-12-2015, 09:04 PM

You do realise this thread is about players coming from non league and if it's worth taking a punt on them??

Feruz is under contract to the EPL champions, if he was any good, he'd be getting either more game time or starting some matches, the fact he's being limited to the odd 10 mins at the end of the game says it all.

ancient hibee
04-12-2015, 03:28 PM
Ashley Flynn?Swop for Cummings maybe?

CallumLaidlaw
04-12-2015, 03:45 PM
An absolutely outstanding team of players we got from the English Premier League!!!!

Makalambay

Francombe
Boateng
Colin Murdock (cheat because we got him from Preston but he came through Man U youth)
McGivern

Alan O'Brien
Isaiah Osborne
Soares
Galbraith

Feruz
Airey

Bostonhibby
04-12-2015, 03:54 PM
You do realise this thread is about players coming from non league and if it's worth taking a punt on them??

Feruz is under contract to the EPL champions, if he was any good, he'd be getting either more game time or starting some matches, the fact he's being limited to the odd 10 mins at the end of the game says it all.
Right on the money as far as this thread goes. Not as if Vardy had a Feruz like start to his career. The boy Flynn is about taking a punt and developing someone into a potential big earner. Feruz got there way early. No idea what he offers Hibernian and can't say he's affected me one way or the other, which says it all when you look at his salary and where he comes from.