PDA

View Full Version : Loyalty points in club store?

Billychaotic182
02-12-2015, 09:12 PM
I will probably be spending a small fortune this Christmas in our club store. Do we get loyalty points with money spent in store? If not this should be something the clubs should look to introduce

Sir David Gray
02-12-2015, 09:13 PM
I will probably be spending a small fortune this Christmas in our club store. Do we get loyalty points with money spent in store? If not this should be something the clubs should look to introduce

No.

Billychaotic182
02-12-2015, 09:16 PM
No.

Well in my opinion this should be something hibs should look at.

When you think how much it costs to buy a full kit, training kits plus bits and bobs. It's a lot of money getting pumped into the club!

Scouse Hibee
02-12-2015, 09:22 PM
Well in my opinion this should be something hibs should look at.

When you think how much it costs to buy a full kit, training kits plus bits and bobs. It's a lot of money getting pumped into the club!

Is it though? The shop is run externally is it not?

Billychaotic182
02-12-2015, 09:26 PM
Is it though? The shop is run externally is it not?

You might be right. Even so we are still spending money on Hibernian.

PatHead
02-12-2015, 09:30 PM
At this moment in time there is no way to manage an allocation as it is two separate systems

HH81
02-12-2015, 09:32 PM
I think travelling from Yorkshire should gain extra points for game I attend, agree? :greengrin

If you get points though for joining share scheme then they should maybe look at points from clubshop?

Scouse Hibee
02-12-2015, 09:34 PM
What next..... Pies...Bovril the list is endless. :-)

Baldy Foghorn
02-12-2015, 09:35 PM
Loyalty points should really only be for attendance of games......The HSL giving points was a mistake in my opinion, it is amost rewarding those with the most money (And shareholders who bought directly got none?)....This should be were a reward scheme comes into play........IMO

Ringothedog
02-12-2015, 09:42 PM
Loyalty points should really only be for attendance of games......The HSL giving points was a mistake in my opinion, it is amost rewarding those with the most money (And shareholders who bought directly got none?)....This should be were a reward scheme comes into play........IMO

Yeh, but I have a warm fuzzy feeling for buying direct and a lovely share certificate with my name on it ( :

Baldy Foghorn
02-12-2015, 09:45 PM
Yeh, but I have a warm fuzzy feeling for buying direct and a lovely share certificate with my name on it ( :

:aok:

Andy74
02-12-2015, 10:18 PM

Going to games isn't the only way for a supporter to be loyal to the club.

The money argument isn't really a fair one. Perhaps others would buy a season ticket or go to every single away game if they could afford it?

I thought the scheme was really there to bridge the gap between walk ups and season ticket holders but if it's more than that and it is creating levels then every way that people commit to the club should be recognised.

Billy Whizz
02-12-2015, 10:25 PM

The money argument isn't really a fair one. Perhaps others would buy a season ticket or go to every single away game if they could afford it?

I thought the scheme was really there to bridge the gap between walk ups and season ticket holders but if it's more than that and it is creating levels then every way that people commit to the club should be recognised.

I wasn't involved in the setting up of the scheme, but thought it was put in place to make sure that the regular fans got a chance to buy tickets 1st, for key games. The whole thing starting to become a bit of a lottery now

Baldy Foghorn
02-12-2015, 10:30 PM

Been here before, it's silly to complicate an easy system....Why for example do contributor's to HSL get points but shareholder's who bought directly get nowt.....The whole point of scheme was to reward attendance, not spend, and help walk up's gain recognition for big games, through gaining points......

As the say in the Den "I'm out"............

My_Wife_Camille
02-12-2015, 10:38 PM

I thought the scheme was really there to bridge the gap between walk ups and season ticket holders but if it's more than that and it is creating levels then every way that people commit to the club should be recognised.The Scheme was brought in to Reward those who go to the most games with priority when it comes to getting tickets for games where there is a higher demand and as a result it should only take into account points earned from attending matches.

If people want to get points for buying stuff in the club shop then by all means give them priority on items for sale in the shop but buying merchandise shouldn't go towards loyalty points for tickets. Neither should HSL memberships.

Loopz
03-12-2015, 12:32 AM

The point, I believe of any loyalty scheme should be to increase the level of supporter investment to the club! Is attending away games and the price it costs that much different from buying kit. It's really just a matter of choice and how much money you have to spend. The traditional mindset is this would be attendance at games. I think we should transform the LP system to maximise all income that will improve the team on the park (Maybe another first for HFC):greengrin It does not matter that people think they know why it was initially introduced. What matters is if we can improve / alter it to ensure we have every reason to ensure we spend our hard earned money on the team we support. Even if 1 person was persuaded to join HSL because of 100 loyalty points then how can that be a bad thing for the club and AS budget. Points could be allocated for purchases in - Club store, Behind the goals, Training camps, Hibs TV, Stadium tours, Lotto, Purchase of stones, Xmas parties and obviously HSL / Shareholders. We could easily incorporate a system that calculated appropriate points for relevant investment in our team. All in my own humble and honest opinion.:agree:

Billychaotic182
03-12-2015, 09:17 AM
The point, I believe of any loyalty scheme should be to increase the level of supporter investment to the club! Is attending away games and the price it costs that much different from buying kit. It's really just a matter of choice and how much money you have to spend. The traditional mindset is this would be attendance at games. I think we should transform the LP system to maximise all income that will improve the team on the park (Maybe another first for HFC):greengrin It does not matter that people think they know why it was initially introduced. What matters is if we can improve / alter it to ensure we have every reason to ensure we spend our hard earned money on the team we support. Even if 1 person was persuaded to join HSL because of 100 loyalty points then how can that be a bad thing for the club and AS budget. Points could be allocated for purchases in - Club store, Behind the goals, Training camps, Hibs TV, Stadium tours, Lotto, Purchase of stones, Xmas parties and obviously HSL / Shareholders. We could easily incorporate a system that calculated appropriate points for relevant investment in our team. All in my own humble and honest opinion.:agree:

This is exactly what I was thinking. 10/10

Andy74
03-12-2015, 09:36 AM
The Scheme was brought in to Reward those who go to the most games with priority when it comes to getting tickets for games where there is a higher demand and as a result it should only take into account points earned from attending matches.

If people want to get points for buying stuff in the club shop then by all means give them priority on items for sale in the shop but buying merchandise shouldn't go towards loyalty points for tickets. Neither should HSL memberships.

The interpretation of this seems to depend on where you categorise yourself.

For the folk that are able to go to all games I think they have assumed this is there to reward them.

For folk who walk up but can't buy a ST but want some sort of recognition and priority for bigger games then that was the reason.

I'm in a category in the middle somewhere and don't care too much either way but I think I'm more of a view that it should be used to maximise spending on Hibs and recognise that - support in person is important but so is hard cash to the club.

LancashireHibby
03-12-2015, 09:40 AM
I wasn't involved in the setting up of the scheme, but thought it was put in place to make sure that the regular fans got a chance to buy tickets 1st, for key games. The whole thing starting to become a bit of a lottery now
Spot on for me. If the benefit of how loyalty points is priority on purchasing tickets, then it is by purchasing tickets that said points should be earned. Works for every other club that does it, and is as simple as that for me. Otherwise as otherwise stated then the list is endless. However I would be very much in favour of Bovril and pizza slice loyalty cards :greengrin

dangermouse
03-12-2015, 09:46 AM

I wonder if what we need is a two tier loyalty system where the pointa allocated count towards different things. Season tickets, away tickets or anything to do with attending a game counts towards getting tickets for places like Ibrox or cup finals etc. All other points gained, HSL, shop, pie stand counts towards some sort of discount in the shop or behind the goals.

It would require everyone who had points having some sort of card be it a ST or loyalty card that could be used at the till or even add tickets onto rather than print at home.

lucky
03-12-2015, 10:06 AM
As with all schemes they develop. Initially it was thought a good idea for walk up fans, yet every week fans still buy from the pods. I go to away games but as I don't live in Edinburgh I just PATG. There are lots of supporters that do this and miss out on points. I can't think of many games where the loyalty points will be even needed, with obvious semi final not included. Apart from the play off game at Ibrox have we sold out our allocation anywhere in the last 2 seasons? I just think too many people get worked up over this scheme.

JimBHibees
03-12-2015, 10:11 AM
As with all schemes they develop. Initially it was thought a good idea for walk up fans, yet every week fans still buy from the pods. I go to away games but as I don't live in Edinburgh I just PATG. There are lots of supporters that do this and miss out on points. I can't think of many games where the loyalty points will be even needed, with obvious semi final not included. Apart from the play off game at Ibrox have we sold out our allocation anywhere in the last 2 seasons? I just think too many people get worked up over this scheme.

Tynecastle last season 1-1 draw. :giruy2:

My_Wife_Camille
03-12-2015, 10:22 AM
The interpretation of this seems to depend on where you categorise yourself.

For the folk that are able to go to all games I think they have assumed this is there to reward them.

For folk who walk up but can't buy a ST but want some sort of recognition and priority for bigger games then that was the reason.

I'm in a category in the middle somewhere and don't care too much either way but I think I'm more of a view that it should be used to maximise spending on Hibs and recognise that - support in person is important but so is hard cash to the club.Agreed, that's why I said that if they spend money in the shop the reward them with points that can be redeemed in the club shop. Give them a pre-sale of the new kit when it comes out or a priority on calendars or something. Don't give them loyalty points that can get them priority for match tickets when they don't buy match tickets. It's both unfair and illogical.

liamh2202
03-12-2015, 10:24 AM

I agree baldy

lucky
03-12-2015, 10:32 AM
Tynecastle last season 1-1 draw. :giruy2:

Thanks, so two games in just under 2 years. Tickets for games are available to most fans every week, not really worth getting worked up about

marinello59
03-12-2015, 10:38 AM
Thanks, so two games in just under 2 years. Tickets for games are available to most fans every week, not really worth getting worked up about

I'm starting to wonder if the scheme is worth the effort at all. It would be interesting to know if it makes a real practical difference to anybody.

Billy Whizz
03-12-2015, 10:41 AM
I'm starting to wonder if the scheme is worth the effort at all. It would be interesting to know if it makes a real practical difference to anybody.

It helps Hibs TO if ticket sales are staggered. If 3,000 logged/Queued up for 900 tickets for Rangers, may cause mayhem.
I know quite a few people who go home and away all the time, missed out on tickets for the play of game at Ibrox, yet I met a few people at the game who'd only been to a few games all season

My_Wife_Camille
03-12-2015, 12:22 PM

The Rangers game last year when Stevenson scored. Was one of only 2 games I missed last year and I would have been able to go if there was a loyalty system in place after the time.

Bristolhibby
03-12-2015, 12:32 PM
It helps Hibs TO if ticket sales are staggered. If 3,000 logged/Queued up for 900 tickets for Rangers, may cause mayhem.
I know quite a few people who go home and away all the time, missed out on tickets for the play of game at Ibrox, yet I met a few people at the game who'd only been to a few games all season

It's not what you do its who you know.

J

Ringothedog
03-12-2015, 12:34 PM

Falkirk, Ibrox twice, Dumbarton, Hearts and that's just a few that I can think of that the away end was sold out. I am sure there will be plenty more.

Something that appears to get missed in a lot of the discussions is that having more loyalty points gives you the option to buy tickets earlier meaning that you can potentially get better tickets i.e. the small stand at Alloa especially if it is raining.

Baldy Foghorn
03-12-2015, 12:53 PM
And as we continue to win, more will want to travel, should those who attend every week miss out then?

Ringothedog
03-12-2015, 12:57 PM
And as we continue to win, more will want to travel, should those who attend every week miss out then?

nope as we have the loyalty points already:greengrin

Baldy Foghorn
03-12-2015, 01:01 PM
nope as we have the loyalty points already:greengrin

Exactly why the scheme was implemented:aok:

SausageSurprise
03-12-2015, 01:05 PM
Spot on for me. If the benefit of how loyalty points is priority on purchasing tickets, then it is by purchasing tickets that said points should be earned. Works for every other club that does it, and is as simple as that for me. Otherwise as otherwise stated then the list is endless. However I would be very much in favour of Bovril and pizza slice loyalty cards :greengrin

I'm sure Ajax used to do something similar with the kiosks. When I was at the Scotland game a few years ago I had to buy a loyalty card which is loaded up with x-amount of dosh then scanned at the till. Once you reached so many points or something you could trade it in for something to eat and drink

If the catering does eventually come in house then that could be something worth taking up with the club as another wee money spinner

Loopz
03-12-2015, 02:19 PM
If someone had more points than them then yes, they would be given priority for the tickets. Should the club miss out on an opportunity to increase revenue and put a better team on the park. P.S, I would not imagine a situation where spending money on the club and gaining points would give you more points than those attending home and away every week.

Kojock
03-12-2015, 05:44 PM
If someone had more points than them then yes, they would be given priority for the tickets. Should the club miss out on an opportunity to increase revenue and put a better team on the park. P.S, I would not imagine a situation where spending money on the club and gaining points would give you more points than those attending home and away every week.

There's no need to imagine, it's a reality. If you signed up to HSL in November for a minimum of £5 per month you will be awarded 100 points at the start of February. To attain 100 points for attending away games takes a lot of effort, time and money.

blackpoolhibs
03-12-2015, 05:52 PM
There's no need to imagine, it's a reality. If you signed up to HSL in November for a minimum of £5 per month you will be awarded 100 points at the start of February. To attain 100 points for attending away games takes a lot of effort, time and money.

None of it reaches the Hibs coffers, whereas someone buying shares does and goes towards bettering the team for those that follow the team home and away.

Kojock
03-12-2015, 06:09 PM
None of it reaches the Hibs coffers, whereas someone buying shares does and goes towards bettering the team for those that follow the team home and away.

The loyalty scheme was not set up to make money for the club, it was introduced so that fans who attended the most games get priority when tickets are limited. A separate reward scheme should have been set up so that people putting money into the club thro the club shop, HSL, hospitality etc, should be rewarded with points as in the Nectar Card scheme where points gained can be spent in Hibernian outlets.

Onceinawhile
03-12-2015, 06:45 PM
It'd be nice seeing I've got three boys who need kitted out each year, but they can't really implement until next season.

Not bothered if they do either as it's not really the point of it.

Baldy Foghorn
03-12-2015, 07:11 PM
The loyalty scheme was not set up to make money for the club, it was introduced so that fans who attended the most games get priority when tickets are limited. A separate reward scheme should have been set up so that people putting money into the club thro the club shop, HSL, hospitality etc, should be rewarded with points as in the Nectar Card scheme where points gained can be spent in Hibernian outlets.

In a nutshell......:aok:

Loopz
03-12-2015, 07:16 PM
Now now, I said home and away.

blackpoolhibs
03-12-2015, 07:26 PM

Not according to what the club have said, in fact they recently said there would be some schemes that would give people the chance to gain points through other means.

Kojock
03-12-2015, 07:32 PM
Not according to what the club have said, in fact they recently said there would be some schemes that would give people the chance to gain points through other means.

And that's the point, when it was first introduced the club said it was to reward fans who attended games. They have since moved the goal posts so fans can gain points thro other means.

blackpoolhibs
03-12-2015, 07:37 PM
And that's the point, when it was first introduced the club said it was to reward fans who attended games. They have since moved the goal posts so fans can gain points thro other means.

I don't know if it was, i certainly did not read all the small print, but if that is what they have done it is their prerogative.

Loopz
03-12-2015, 07:47 PM
This must be a good thing. If the scheme is developed to be more inclusive and the club benefits financially. We are surely talking about a win / win.

Baldy Foghorn
03-12-2015, 07:52 PM
This must be a good thing. If the scheme is developed to be more inclusive and the club benefits financially. We are surely talking about a win / win.

A reward scheme would be the ideal scenario for rewarding spend.....Leave Loyalty points for game attendance only (simplistic)......

The scheme is already divisive in that HSL members get points whilst Shareholder's who bought direct never got points. This has murkied the system in my opinion, and it has been a mistake. If you start getting points for buying a shirt, then it defeats the purpose of the loyalty scheme which was established to recognise attendance......

B.H.F.C
03-12-2015, 08:00 PM
A reward scheme would be the ideal scenario for rewarding spend.....Leave Loyalty points for game attendance only (simplistic)......

The scheme is already divisive in that HSL members get points whilst Shareholder's who bought direct never got points. This has murkied the system in my opinion, and it has been a mistake. If you start getting points for buying a shirt, then it defeats the purpose of the loyalty scheme which was established to recognise attendance......

I agree with the above. I'll benefit from the extra loyalty points as via HSL but I dont necessarily think it's right.

If you start awarding points for spend on various things then where do you draw the line? It then starts to become over complicated. I'd be interested to know if loyalty schemes at other clubs or the national team give additional points for non ticket spend? As far as I'm aware they don't, but I could be wrong.

BoomtownHibees
03-12-2015, 08:04 PM
I agree with the above. I'll benefit from the extra loyalty points as via HSL but I dont necessarily think it's right.

If you start awarding points for spend on various things then where do you draw the line? It then starts to become over complicated. I'd be interested to know if loyalty schemes at other clubs or the national team give additional points for non ticket spend? As far as I'm aware they don't, but I could be wrong.

Definitely don't with the Scotland Supporters Club. Their "loyalty scheme" only awards points for travelling to away games

Loopz
03-12-2015, 08:07 PM

Simplistic in your opinion.
I agree that the shareholder situation is not correct but is there really a great divide between shareholders and HSL members.
If we can agree to move on from that or the club does something to resolve the situation, how many people do you think joined HSL as a result of the added loyalty point incentive? More than a few judging by the thread. More members and more money for players can never be a mistake. (If done legally of course :wink: )

Baldy Foghorn
03-12-2015, 08:27 PM
I agree that the shareholder situation is not correct but is there really a great divide between shareholders and HSL members.
If we can agree to move on from that or the club does something to resolve the situation, how many people do you think joined HSL as a result of the added loyalty point incentive? More than a few judging by the thread. More members and more money for players can never be a mistake. (If done legally of course :wink: )

I think about 300 joined after the announcement. I'm all for Hibs making money, but a nectar rewards scheme idea is the way forward for spend.....I know a number of shareholders who felt the whole thing was mishandled, as Hibs themselves admitted.....

Do you not think it would be simplistic to have two schemes to reward attendance and spend?

Kojock
03-12-2015, 08:28 PM

It is simplistic tho, attend games and earn loyalty points for priority future tickets. Spend cash in Hibernian outlets to gain a benifit towards future spend in Hibernian outlets.

HH81
03-12-2015, 08:30 PM
Was any fan who went to a lot of games and did not have a season ticket actually missing out on games before the scheme was brought in?

Loopz
03-12-2015, 08:35 PM
I think about 300 joined after the announcement. I'm all for Hibs making money, but a nectar rewards scheme idea is the way forward for spend.....I know a number of shareholders who felt the whole thing was mishandled, as Hibs themselves admitted.....

Do you not think it would be simplistic to have two schemes to reward attendance and spend?
I'm a single scheme man.

Baldy Foghorn
03-12-2015, 08:38 PM
Was any fan who went to a lot of games and did not have a season ticket actually missing out on games before the scheme was brought in?

It was brought in because of smaller grounds/less ticket allocations in Championship.

HH81
03-12-2015, 08:43 PM
It was brought in because of smaller grounds/less ticket allocations in Championship.

Thought most teams pretty much give us as many as we need in this league except Rangers?

marinello59
03-12-2015, 08:43 PM

So we won't need it next season then? :greengrin

Billy Whizz
03-12-2015, 08:44 PM

Will for Tynie if they only have 3 stands😄

Baldy Foghorn
03-12-2015, 08:51 PM
Thought most teams pretty much give us as many as we need in this league except Rangers?

Dumbarton is small allocation, and our first two away league games this season were Dumbarton and Rangers.....Had to put this scheme in place, been long overdue

Baldy Foghorn
03-12-2015, 08:52 PM

Need it for smaller European ties J.......:flag:

Kojock
03-12-2015, 08:52 PM

Only if we get Stenhousemuir or equivalent away in a cup.

marinello59
03-12-2015, 09:08 PM
Will for Tynie if they only have 3 stands

Need it for smaller European ties J.......:flag:

Only if we get Stenhousemuir or equivalent away in a cup.

But apart from that. :greengrin