PDA

View Full Version : Feruz away?

hibs0666
02-12-2015, 04:29 PM
Stories doing the rounds that Feruz is away in the next window. Goodness knows what level this guy is going to get a game at.

Smartie
02-12-2015, 04:36 PM
Stories doing the rounds that Feruz is away in the next window. Goodness knows what level this guy is going to get a game at.

A wee bit harsh.

For the first time in my time watching Hibs we have 3 strikers firing on all cylinders. He's have to be playing at some level to dislodge Cummings, Malonga or Keatings.

Feruz needs football and he's not likely to get it here so I can only see this being the best move for all parties.

Would it have been this way of we still had James Collins, Rowan Vine or Junior Agogo still playing for us? He might have got a better opportunity than 7 or 8 minutes at the end of a game and might have taken it.

bod
02-12-2015, 04:39 PM
if Stubbs is happy for him to leave then he must be confident of the others staying if any bids come in for them

Ozyhibby
02-12-2015, 05:01 PM
if Stubbs is happy for him to leave then he must be confident of the others staying if any bids come in for them

Nobody will be leaving this window that we don't want to leave.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Andy74
02-12-2015, 05:03 PM
A wee bit harsh.

For the first time in my time watching Hibs we have 3 strikers firing on all cylinders. He's have to be playing at some level to dislodge Cummings, Malonga or Keatings.

Feruz needs football and he's not likely to get it here so I can only see this being the best move for all parties.

Would it have been this way of we still had James Collins, Rowan Vine or Junior Agogo still playing for us? He might have got a better opportunity than 7 or 8 minutes at the end of a game and might have taken it.

He's had more than 7 or 8 minutes. I just haven't see him get involved enough to judge.

JimBHibees
02-12-2015, 05:07 PM
He's had more than 7 or 8 minutes. I just haven't see him get involved enough to judge.

Agree and does seem strange he doesnt appear to have played in development games. He also of course has had a couple of months to impress in training.

Smartie
02-12-2015, 05:09 PM

He's not had much more although it doesn't matter because nobody could really judge him based on the fleeting appearances he has made.

And nobody could really say that he's been hard done by because those ahead of him in the queue have continued to do the business for us, which isn't really Feruz' fault.

HibsNutter
02-12-2015, 05:17 PM
Nobody will be leaving this window that we don't want to leave.

Agree. We've shown we are not going to be pushed around anymore. As long as nobody seeks to replicate SA's actions then no key players will leave.

erin go bragh
02-12-2015, 06:05 PM
This is a story from my Hibs fan app !
Chelsea youngster Islam Feruz set to end Hibernian loan spell putting Championship clubs on alert

Islam Feruz joined Hibernian in the summer on a season-long loan
Feruz has struggled to gain a starting spot at Easter Road
The Chelsea youngster could move to the Championship in January
Chelsea starlet Islam Feruz is set to terminate his loan spell at Hibernian next month, putting a host of Championship clubs on red-alert.

The 20-year-old forward signed a season-long loan deal with the Scottish club in the summer, but has struggled for regular game time.

And Feruz is considering invoking a clause in his contract that allows him to prematurely end the loan deal in January.

Feruz was a target for a host of Championship clubs in the summer; Derby, Fulham, Bolton and Preston were all keen on a loan switch.

And the likelihood of Feruz being available during the transfer window will put those clubs back on red-alert.

Ozyhibby
02-12-2015, 06:10 PM
This is a story from my Hibs app !
Chelsea youngster Islam Feruz set to end Hibernian loan spell putting Championship clubs on alert

Islam Feruz joined Hibernian in the summer on a season-long loan
Feruz has struggled to gain a starting spot at Easter Road
The Chelsea youngster could move to the Championship in January
Chelsea starlet Islam Feruz is set to terminate his loan spell at Hibernian next month, putting a host of Championship clubs on red-alert.

The 20-year-old forward signed a season-long loan deal with the Scottish club in the summer, but has struggled for regular game time.

And Feruz is considering invoking a clause in his contract that allows him to prematurely end the loan deal in January.

Feruz was a target for a host of Championship clubs in the summer; Derby, Fulham, Bolton and Preston were all keen on a loan switch.

And the likelihood of Feruz being available during the transfer window will put those clubs back on red-alert.

Championship clubs lining up to sign a guy who can't get in the Hibs team? Forgive me my scepticism.

CapitalGreen
02-12-2015, 06:21 PM
Championship clubs lining up to sign a guy who can't get in the Hibs team? Forgive me my scepticism.

Matty Kennedy

zolliehibs
02-12-2015, 06:45 PM
Matty Kennedy

Cardiff were still a basketcase when Kennedy signed and Slade's a bit of a plonker in any case. They've only really turned things around this year.

One appearance this season - maybe injured, but not part of it either way.

I do wish him well though, he was unlucky while he was here.

http://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/stats/player-stats/ (http://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/stats/player-stats/)

Scouse Hibee
02-12-2015, 07:17 PM
Feruz is like Roy of the Rovers, you read about how great a player he is but it's ****** fictional!

hibeeleicester
02-12-2015, 07:42 PM
Making space for Deeks :hyper:hyper

StevieBoyKdy
02-12-2015, 07:44 PM
Feruz or a half fit riordan. Deek every time for me. Give the boy a deal. Goals!

Haymaker
02-12-2015, 09:13 PM

This.

Col2
02-12-2015, 09:17 PM

Stranger things have happened.

cmcd
02-12-2015, 09:32 PM
Feruz or a half fit riordan. Deek every time for me. Give the boy a deal. Goals!

Fgs DR couldn't score at East Fife

Haymaker
02-12-2015, 09:56 PM

Yes he did?

Smartie
02-12-2015, 10:08 PM

He didnae half score a lot when he was with the Hibees though, that is for sure.

Ronniekirk
02-12-2015, 10:09 PM

Deeks must be fully fit by nowv, just short of Match practice and the sharpness that brings .However we can't expect him to keep coaching Cummings and others for nothing and there must be a risk that if he signs for another club the recent progress Cummings has attributed in part to Deeks could dip For that reason alone he is worth a short term deal and if he can come off the bench for 15 to 20 minutes and bang one in all the sweeter

silverhibee
02-12-2015, 10:13 PM

2015 East Fife 11 appearances (4) goals

Played left midfield and weighed in with about 5 assists as well.

Even the East Fife manager said it was Derek coming to the club at the time that helped them push for the play off's spot and they achieved that.

jacomo
02-12-2015, 11:08 PM

Nah, Warburton's lining him up as his first signing at Fulham.

shetlandhibee
02-12-2015, 11:14 PM
Deeks must be fully fit by nowv, just short of Match practice and the sharpness that brings .However we can't expect him to keep coaching Cummings and others for nothing and there must be a risk that if he signs for another club the recent progress Cummings has attributed in part to Deeks could dip For that reason alone he is worth a short term deal and if he can come off the bench for 15 to 20 minutes and bang one in all the sweeter
:top marks

Forza Fred
03-12-2015, 04:48 AM

Not surprising if he leaves soon, I really don't think he has a future here, nor with any senior professional club.

In 3 years time I think he will be out of the professional game, but hope I'm wrong.

Scouse Hibee
03-12-2015, 08:04 AM
Not surprising if he leaves soon, I really don't think he has a future here, nor with any senior professional club.

In 3 years time I think he will be out of the professional game, but hope I'm wrong.

My thoughts too, I have said this previously.

JimBHibees
03-12-2015, 08:09 AM
Feruz is like Roy of the Rovers, you read about how great a player he is but it's ****** fictional!

Roy of the Rovers wasnt real, :boo hoo:

First Santa now this. :greengrin

cmcd
03-12-2015, 08:12 AM
2015 East Fife 11 appearances (4) goals

Played left midfield and weighed in with about 5 assists as well.

Even the East Fife manager said it was Derek coming to the club at the time that helped them push for the play off's spot and they achieved that.

Ok yes he scored 4 goals but when I seen him at East Fife he was nowhere near Hubs standard

Halifaxhibby
03-12-2015, 05:27 PM
Scotsman twitter suggesting sevco scouts are sniffing around him.

Scouse Hibee
03-12-2015, 05:35 PM
Roy of the Rovers wasnt real, :boo hoo:

First Santa now this. :greengrin

What about Santa........don't you dare!

superfurryhibby
04-12-2015, 08:31 AM
I'm puzzled by the Feruz situation. If he is so much in his self created pedestal and so unwilling to prove his worth ( playing in development games etc) then why does he even get 10 minutes on the field at all. Stubbs would surely be better off giving game time to someone more deserving, someone who perhaps will play a part in the run in etc?

No matter how on form our strikers are, if any player was showing up better in training I'm sure they would be able to force their way in to the team?

Seems like Feruz was a gamble, didn't work out. Sooner he's gone the better and we release a wage etc for our January reinforcements (left back, left mid cover maybe).

J-C
04-12-2015, 09:16 AM
I'm puzzled by the Feruz situation. If he is so much in his self created pedestal and so unwilling to prove his worth ( playing in development games etc) then why does he even get 10 minutes on the field at all. Stubbs would surely be better off giving game time to someone more deserving, someone who perhaps will play a part in the run in etc?

No matter how on form our strikers are, if any player was showing up better in training I'm sure they would be able to force their way in to the team?

Seems like Feruz was a gamble, didn't work out. Sooner he's gone the better and we release a wage etc for our January reinforcements (left back, left mid cover maybe).

There has been talk by other posters that the loan deal is dependant on Feruz getting playing time and we pay Chelsea every time he doesn't get on the pitch, so the odd 5-10 mins stops us from paying out cash.

nellio
04-12-2015, 09:55 AM
Cardiff were still a basketcase when Kennedy signed and Slade's a bit of a plonker in any case. They've only really turned things around this year.

One appearance this season - maybe injured, but not part of it either way.

I do wish him well though, he was unlucky while he was here.

http://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/stats/player-stats/

Yup a fair assessment of my home club! Slade has no clue what he is doing, in fact out of all the players Slade has signed only one plays regularly in fact our big money striker Doyle (remember him!) is out on loan about a year after we signed him!.

Kennedy on the bench a lot but the Cardiff fans do rate him as a good player and are surprised he doesnt get more game time.

The reason Cardiff are doing ok and are just ouside the play offs is because the players that were already here before Slade arrived are very good at championship level(Kewyne Jones, Whittingham, Fabio, Noone,Pilkington,Marshall, Manga etc) and their quality is keeping us in the Hunt. No one Slade has signed has added quality at all really.

broondog
04-12-2015, 10:19 AM
Can't say I am too bothered about this if true. we have so many options that are probably better in the positions he is able to play. you have to wonder what happened to him since his celtic departure, clearly his attitude was all wrong as he must have had something for chelsea to sign him

zolliehibs
04-12-2015, 12:42 PM
Yup a fair assessment of my home club! Slade has no clue what he is doing, in fact out of all the players Slade has signed only one plays regularly in fact our big money striker Doyle (remember him!) is out on loan about a year after we signed him!.

Kennedy on the bench a lot but the Cardiff fans do rate him as a good player and are surprised he doesnt get more game time.

The reason Cardiff are doing ok and are just ouside the play offs is because the players that were already here before Slade arrived are very good at championship level(Kewyne Jones, Whittingham, Fabio, Noone,Pilkington,Marshall, Manga etc) and their quality is keeping us in the Hunt. No one Slade has signed has added quality at all really.

Tan seems to like him so he's probably there for the long haul.

Swansea are my team down there but I'm missing the South Wales derbies so wouldn't mind Cardiff returning to the top flight this year - unless it's to replace us!

cleanyman
04-12-2015, 09:41 PM
He was in Glasgow today.

Tiny.

Benny Brazil
05-12-2015, 12:36 AM
There has been talk by other posters that the loan deal is dependant on Feruz getting playing time and we pay Chelsea every time he doesn't get on the pitch, so the odd 5-10 mins stops us from paying out cash.

Not a dig at you JC, I realise your just passing on what others have said - but I'd be surprised if we agreed to a deal like this - he seemed a bit of a gamble at the time so why agree to give him game time when we wouldnt / couldnt possibly know how he would perform.

superfurryhibby
05-12-2015, 09:18 AM
Not a dig at you JC, I realise your just passing on what others have said - but I'd be surprised if we agreed to a deal like this - he seemed a bit of a gamble at the time so why agree to give him game time when we wouldnt / couldnt possibly know how he would perform.

Agree. However, the whole situation seems odd so there has to be some explanation. No development fame time, yet making the bench and occasional cameo on the pitch. Definitely unusual. Anyway, he's most likely going. It's a cheerio and aw the best from me.

J-C
05-12-2015, 10:20 AM

It was mentioned by a few on here as a possible reason why he was getting cameo game time, we took a chance because his CV showed him to be a very talented young player who went from Celtic to Chelsea, it hasn't worked out for both parties, it happens.

Jim44
05-12-2015, 10:41 AM
Nah, Warburton's lining him up as his first signing at Fulham.

Scotsman twitter suggesting sevco scouts are sniffing around him.

Stranger things have happened. I'm all for anything that might weaken them.

bigwheel
05-12-2015, 10:48 AM
some people on here who are writing of Feruz at this stage is quite remarkable. He has had almost no game time, for many reasons, not least that the boys are playing well. He has had no chance during games to grow as a footballer, so whilst, I'm not suggesting he deserved more time on the pitch, to write him off is a conclusion without any facts to back it up. If he gets game time (for whatever team), he will get a chance to develop, and then we can judge him. For now, it can only be "Jury is out".

superfurryhibby
05-12-2015, 11:31 AM
some people on here who are writing of Feruz at this stage is quite remarkable. He has had almost no game time, for many reasons, not least that the boys are playing well. He has had no chance during games to grow as a footballer, so whilst, I'm not suggesting he deserved more time on the pitch, to write him off is a conclusion without any facts to back it up. If he gets game time (for whatever team), he will get a chance to develop, and then we can judge him. For now, it can only be "Jury is out".

Aside from the firm of the players who play up front, what other reasons are there? He will be training say in, day out and if his form was so good, he would surely be getting a chance? If we signed someone of the calibre of Griffiths, I'm sure class would tell and they would be playing instead of one of the others who regularly start.

Agree that it is very early in a career to write someone off, but his record at his other loan clubs suggests something is not right.

bigwheel
05-12-2015, 11:42 AM
Aside from the firm of the players who play up front, what other reasons are there? He will be training say in, day out and if his form was so good, he would surely be getting a chance? If we signed someone of the calibre of Griffiths, I'm sure class would tell and they would be playing instead of one of the others who regularly start.

Agree that it is very early in a career to write someone off, but his record at his other loan clubs suggests something is not right.

Griffiths is 5 years older than Feruz. Griffiths 5 years ago wouldn't have been a regular first pick in our current team...I agree though - he does need to start taking an impact. The fact he isn't getting a first team game anywhere he goes doesn't bode well for him...My main point is about those writing him off, when in reality , he has not had enough minutes to make an impact.

SunshineOnLeith
05-12-2015, 04:19 PM

I'm not writing him off but if he can't get in the team (due to others performing well), what's the point in him being here on loan? For Hibs, Chelsea and the player it makes no sense.

Forza Fred
05-12-2015, 05:01 PM
I'm not writing him off but if he can't get in the team (due to others performing well), what's the point in him being here on loan? For Hibs, Chelsea and the player it makes no sense.

I'm one who is writing him off, based on life experience, reports I have read and what little I have seen of him.

Admittedly the possibility of being absolutely wrong of South American goal celebrations proportions exists.

However, I have seen many young players with what I believe is the same attitude as him who have disappeared into the ether, and again my gut feeling tells me he is one of them.

No science to back up my opinion, but I guess only time will tell if I am right or wrong.

NAE NOOKIE
06-12-2015, 12:51 PM
I fear ER isn't the right place for wee Islam and moving on is his best bet. He hasn't made it into the team and that should be a huge wake up call for him.

Saying I'm a Chelsea player and owning a flash car doesn't mean you have made it and failing to get a game, not even off the bench, in the Scottish championship should keep a player hoping to make it at one of the biggest ( or at least richest ) clubs in Europe awake at night.

Whatever you think of them Celtic and Chelsea aint mugs and its unusual for them to offer youth contracts to duds, so obviously there must be something about this kid. But even they make mistakes and my advice to Mr Feruz would be that his next move should be to sign up for a course at the Open University ..... If he doesn't make a dent at his next club he's gonna need a fall back alternative to football.