PDA

View Full Version : NHC Gary Neville

The Sundance Kid
02-12-2015, 11:24 AM
Been appointed Valencia manager. Phil Neville as assistant. Will be interesting to see how he fares, always thought he came across as one of the better pundits on Sky Sports

greenginger
02-12-2015, 11:30 AM
He has disappeared off the odds checker for the Fulham job pretty quickly.

He was third favourite this morning, shows what the bookies know.

Jim44
02-12-2015, 11:32 AM
Been appointed Valencia manager. Phil Neville as assistant. Will be interesting to see how he fares, always thought he came across as one of the better pundits on Sky Sports

That's interesting as his odds on getting the Fulham job dropped significantly very recently. I thought that might take the spotlight off Warburton a wee bit. So he's still bookies favourite for all that's worth.

EdinMike
02-12-2015, 11:36 AM
Always liked Gary and Phil, quick question has there ever been a sibling management partnership before ?!

Kavinho
02-12-2015, 11:41 AM
Paul Scholes must be feeling he's been left dealing with all the *****e at Salford on his todd now with the other 3 doing management jobs. .

Brightside
02-12-2015, 11:57 AM
Neville is a top class coach...nice of their good friend to set them up in the jobs too. :wink:

greenginger
02-12-2015, 12:00 PM
Always liked Gary and Phil, quick question has there ever been a sibling management partnership before ?!

Did Martin Ferguson not work with Alex at Aberdeen ?

Haymaker
02-12-2015, 12:03 PM
Did Martin Ferguson not work with Alex at Aberdeen ?

And United. Was a scout IIRC.

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
02-12-2015, 12:19 PM

I think Erwin Koeman is Ronald's assistant at Southampton just now.

PatHead
02-12-2015, 12:48 PM
Neville is a top class coach...nice of their good friend to set them up in the jobs too. :wink:

Is it the Valencia owner who is part owner of Salford with the ex Man Utd guys?

SausageSurprise
02-12-2015, 12:52 PM

Dick and Ian Campbell??

hibees 7062
02-12-2015, 01:01 PM
Paul Scholes must be feeling he's been left dealing with all the *****e at Salford on his todd now with the other 3 doing management jobs. .

Nicky Butts there as well

EdinMike
02-12-2015, 01:02 PM
Dick and Ian Campbell??

Actually yup, Dunfermline, Brechin and Forfar ? Not exactly on par with the Nevilles mind you !

Kavinho
02-12-2015, 01:15 PM
Actually yup, Dunfermline, Brechin and Forfar ? Not exactly on par with the Nevilles mind you !

Surely a better track record so far? !!

Kavinho
02-12-2015, 01:16 PM

Doh..!!

muzzando
02-12-2015, 01:17 PM

He's head coach at Man Utd's youth academy

Brightside
02-12-2015, 02:10 PM
Is it the Valencia owner who is part owner of Salford with the ex Man Utd guys?

Yep.

Stevie Reid
02-12-2015, 02:15 PM
Be fascinating to see how he does there, I remember Everton tried to acquire Andy Gray as manager a long time ago on the strength of his analysis work for Sky (though I appreciate that Neville is currently coaching at a high level anyway).

Disappointing that he won't be on Sky any more, always enjoyed listening to him.

JimBHibees
02-12-2015, 02:19 PM
Be fascinating to see how he does there, I remember Everton tried to acquire Andy Gray as manager a long time ago on the strength of his analysis work for Sky (though I appreciate that Neville is currently coaching at a high level anyway).

Disappointing that he won't be on Sky any more, always enjoyed listening to him.

Was Andy Gray not linked to Hibs manager job at some point. Pretty sure he was.

Agree Neville was brilliant in the analysis of games especially on Monday night football.

A big move and brave to take on his first managers role in a foreign culture. Heard on Sky earlier the Spanish journo Guillem Balague saying Valencia are a very demanding set of fans and werent happy with the manager last season when they finished third. Massive job for him.

Stevie Reid
02-12-2015, 02:36 PM
Was Andy Gray not linked to Hibs manager job at some point. Pretty sure he was.

Agree Neville was brilliant in the analysis of games especially on Monday night football.

A big move and brave to take on his first managers role in a foreign culture. Heard on Sky earlier the Spanish journo Guillem Balague saying Valencia are a very demanding set of fans and werent happy with the manager last season when they finished third. Massive job for him.

Yeah I think he applied as player manager when we got Alex Miller, Jim.

Fully agree, brave step from Neville - wish him all the best.

Sergey
02-12-2015, 02:48 PM
Yeah I think he applied as player manager when we got Alex Miller, Jim.

Fully agree, brave step from Neville - wish him all the best.

IIRC, the owner of Valencia is also a 50% stakeholder in Salford FC. Without Googling, I think his name is Kim or Lim (or something like that).

iwasthere1972
02-12-2015, 02:56 PM
Is it just me but it seems a strange appointment. Agree that he is an excellent pundit but that doesn't necessarily mean that he will be a good coach. Remember Terry Butcher used to talk like he was a football God but we know that he was a load of twaddle.

Wish Neville all the best but it's a tough ask even with his brother by his side. I would imagine Fergie will be receiving a phone call or two each day.

JimBHibees
02-12-2015, 02:57 PM
IIRC, the owner of Valencia is also a 50% stakeholder in Salford FC. Without Googling, I think his name is Kim or Lim (or something like that).

Paul Lim I think the guys name is.

JimBHibees
02-12-2015, 02:58 PM
Is it just me but it seems a strange appointment. Agree that he is an excellent pundit but that doesn't necessarily mean that he will be a good coach. Remember Terry Butcher used to talk like he was a football God but we know that he was a load of twaddle.

Wish Neville all the best but it's a tough ask even with his brother by his side. I would imagine Fergus will be receiving a phone call or two each day.

Yep will need to start well or it could all go wrong very quickly.

superfurryhibby
02-12-2015, 03:10 PM

Did Tommy McLean manage Dundee Utd whilst his brother was Chairman?

Surprised that a club the size of Valencia would go for an Englishman who is also a managerial novice. It'll end in tears, mark my words.

HH81
02-12-2015, 03:16 PM
Neville Out.

NORTHERNHIBBY
02-12-2015, 03:34 PM
Always thought that Gary Neville was a quality player and when he was on SKY , he had something about him that makes me want to actually listen. Good on him for having the stomach and character to actually test his ideas out in the firing line. I stopped taking Andy Gray seriously when funked the Aston Villa job in favour of the cosy studio.

Won't stop me thinking about David Bowie whenever I hear his old man's name.
Maybe Valencia will run out to that song now?

iwasthere1972
02-12-2015, 03:37 PM
Just one question. Do they speak Mancunian in Valencia?

Maybe get the players to watch some videos of Coronation Street?

ancient hibee
02-12-2015, 08:25 PM

Wish Neville all the best but it's a tough ask even with his brother by his side. I would imagine Fergie will be receiving a phone call or two each day.

It's not coaching that's difficult at that level-Fergie stopped coaching years ago-it's picking the right players that's difficult.

Mr White
02-12-2015, 08:30 PM
They're 2 1 up against lower league side barakaldo in the copa del ray.

Stax
02-12-2015, 09:02 PM
I'll miss his analysis, always made me feel like I knew nothing about the game (probably true..) Always highlighted something that never crossed my mind which is IMO the point of a pundit. Nothing against Jamie Redknapp and the likes but all they do is trot out cliches and point out what we can all see. Don't know how he'll fare as a manager but I really like La Liga and will watch with interest.

Scouse Hibee
02-12-2015, 09:24 PM
Who's first to go on loan to Salford? :-)

Scouse Hibee
04-12-2015, 10:34 AM
Gary Neville's response to the difficulty of communicating with the players and understanding the language...........

"It was the same when I started at SKY, for the first few weeks I didn't have a ****** clue what was being said, but I adapted to the language pretty quickly and within weeks I could understand Carra" :wink: