PDA

View Full Version : Richie Towell

3pm
30-11-2015, 09:45 AM
Signing for English Championship leaders Brighton during the next transfer window.

Some turnaround.

dalkeith stu
30-11-2015, 09:52 AM
Signing for English Championship leaders Brighton during the next transfer window.

Some turnaround.

Read in the paper last week he was Irish player of the year. Thought I was dreaming!!

NORTHERNHIBBY
30-11-2015, 10:03 AM
Good for him that he has turned his career around and is getting another opportunity. His story puts me in mind of Stephen Dobbie.

Billychaotic182
30-11-2015, 10:03 AM
Do find it funny that people are happy to write off players due to bad loan spells here. Towell has been fantastic since leaving Scottish football. Sure people who don't rate him are the same who don't rate Watmore

J-C
30-11-2015, 10:07 AM
He was played at RB when here, don't know if Celtic were trying to make him into one or not but he definitely preferred playing in midfield, a case of square holes and round pegs, plus he's probably matured a lot since his time here, good luck to the lad.

CapitalGreen
30-11-2015, 11:13 AM
Good luck to the lad. Found a level where he was able to play regularly and develop and is now reaping the rewards.

easty
30-11-2015, 11:20 AM
Do find it funny that people are happy to write off players due to bad loan spells here. Towell has been fantastic since leaving Scottish football. Sure people who don't rate him are the same who don't rate Watmore

Richie Towell was dog **** for us mostly. Good on him, and Watmore, for going on and doing well for themselves, doesn't take away the fact they were nae good for us though.

J-C
30-11-2015, 11:22 AM
Richie Towell was dog **** for us mostly. Good on him, and Watmore, for going on and doing well for themselves, doesn't take away the fact they were nae good for us though.

Got to remember the standard of management we had at that time also.

Kaff
30-11-2015, 11:33 AM

There's no doubt he was poor or not good enough for us but i remember the young Irish lad coming on and saying how much he had improved and he got told he must be speaking rubbish. Well he's been proved right and along with his interviews i hope he keeps a presence on here no matter if some of them are only slightly on topic of Hibs, I can't help but think he has been on here less since he got that criticism and the forum is all the poorer for it imo.
Some people are too blinkered i'm afraid easty

Lago
30-11-2015, 11:44 AM
Watmore kick from here to tomorrow in the first 5mins and was injured from then on. Silky Scottish football wonder what tales he tells his Sunderland team mates about his experiences here.

greenlex
30-11-2015, 02:00 PM
Never thought he was that bad to be honest. I never thought away ire was that good either. Just shows you.

Smartie
30-11-2015, 02:13 PM
I have a lot of respect for the likes of Towell, Dobbie and (dare I say it) Paul Hartley who didn't let failure at Hibs put them off but led to them moving down a level before knuckling down, working hard as **** to go on to succeed elsewhere.

It's just a shame we didn't get to see the best of them. And you have to ask why they had the talent all along but nobody at Hibs managed to get it out of them.

NYHibby
30-11-2015, 04:37 PM
How has this thread gone more than one post without anyone pointing out who is Brighton's assistant manager?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brighton_%26_Hove_Albion_F.C.#Current_management_t eam

Broken Gnome
30-11-2015, 04:43 PM
How has this thread gone more than one post without anyone pointing out who is Brighton's assistant manager?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brighton_%26_Hove_Albion_F.C.#Current_management_t eam

Said that in the Watmore thread. Apparently he was lucky to play under him at Hibs.

Lucky.

LUCKY.

keep the faith
30-11-2015, 04:59 PM
There's no doubt he was poor or not good enough for us but i remember the young Irish lad coming on and saying how much he had improved and he got told he must be speaking rubbish. Well he's been proved right and along with his interviews i hope he keeps a presence on here no matter if some of them are only slightly on topic of Hibs, I can't help but think he has been on here less since he got that criticism and the forum is all the poorer for it imo.
Some people are too blinkered i'm afraid easty

Very true. That lad spent a lot of time and effort to support our team and there were some terribly sniffy responses to his posts. In a world where teams are desperate to have a presence and support outside their own country it makes the pushing away of the LOI lad baffling.

Hope you haven't lost the faith LOI guy. And you were right about Towell!! 😉

green day
30-11-2015, 05:48 PM
Very true. That lad spent a lot of time and effort to support our team and there were some terribly sniffy responses to his posts. In a world where teams are desperate to have a presence and support outside their own country it makes the pushing away of the LOI lad baffling.

Hope you haven't lost the faith LOI guy. And you were right about Towell!! 

Pretty sure he posted some more interviews a week or so back.

InterviewLoI
30-11-2015, 10:34 PM
Hey guys!

Thanks for the kind words as always. I love this forum and I read it daily. Its top of my searches on my uni computer, much to my lecturers' annoyances!

Yeah Richie is a top player and Im delighted for him. 29 goals from CM is no mean feat. But dont take my word for it, here's a Premier League international talking about him, including playing alongside him during the time Richue was at Hibs.

https://youtu.be/wRRSdOOTVt0

LancashireHibby
30-11-2015, 11:17 PM
Given the other thread about Bolton, interesting to see mentions of Dobbie in this one - turning out in League One last season and getting three minute cameos at the bottom of the Championship this season isn't exactly hitting the heights, though fair play he managed it for Swansea (and I think he's not had much of a chance at Bolton so far).

On Towell, for me he is just another footnote in a lengthy list of forgettable Hibs players during that era.

steakbake
01-12-2015, 12:29 AM
I disagree with much of the stick Towell has got here. I never saw a game where he didn't give it his all. On his day, good player and if Brighton get him, he's a good signing,

lyonhibs
01-12-2015, 07:23 AM
Hey guys!

Thanks for the kind words as always. I love this forum and I read it daily. Its top of my searches on my uni computer, much to my lecturers' annoyances!

Yeah Richie is a top player and Im delighted for him. 29 goals from CM is no mean feat. But dont take my word for it, here's a Premier League international talking about him, including playing alongside him during the time Richue was at Hibs.

https://youtu.be/wRRSdOOTVt0

Great interview. Interested to see Walters sounding about as Irish as Mick McCarthy. Is he another of the "Irish granny" crew??

spike220
01-12-2015, 07:56 AM
I disagree with much of the stick Towell has got here. I never saw a game where he didn't give it his all. On his day, good player and if Brighton get him, he's a good signing,

Aye he was okay, but has obviously improved.