PDA

View Full Version : NHC Scottish cup attendance

Lago
29-11-2015, 01:39 PM
Only 2 games broke 1000 barrier. Some attendances would have embarrassed junior football. Sad.

Greencore
29-11-2015, 04:04 PM
In 20 years Scottish football will be on the same level as Welsh. I'll still be supporting Hibernian though.

Famous Fiver
29-11-2015, 04:15 PM
Never mind, there'll be 400,000 along in a mo.

Better be quick to catch it though, they won't be in it long.

Lago
29-11-2015, 06:03 PM
In 20 years Scottish football will be on the same level as Welsh. I'll still be supporting Hibernian though.
Yes as will I, but will also look back to when I first startedcsuppoerting Hibs at that time they could compete against the best in Europe and England, the night they beat Liverpool memorable. Unfortunately Scottish football unlikely to reach the high levels of yesterday, but at least I saw it.

BoomtownHibees
29-11-2015, 06:13 PM
Only 2 games broke 1000 barrier. Some attendances would have embarrassed junior football. Sad.

Out of the teams playing who would you expect to have got more than 1000 through the gate?

Lago
29-11-2015, 06:28 PM
Out of the teams playing who would you expect to have got more than 1000 through the gate?
Airdrie for a start and would have expected Ayr Dunfermline to do better than 1.5k, Falkirk at home didn't break 2k.
It was merely an observation as to how as I said previously Scottish football is going down over the years since I first went to ER and watch Scotland beat England at Hamden in front of over 100k fans.

jgl07
29-11-2015, 06:30 PM
That might be the case if enough of the top Scottish clubs were allowed to join the English League system.

Otherwise it's uninformed bull****.

superfurryhibby
29-11-2015, 09:28 PM
Weather doesn't help. I'm getting too auld for watching football In this.

NAE NOOKIE
29-11-2015, 09:52 PM
Airdrie for a start and would have expected Ayr Dunfermline to do better than 1.5k, Falkirk at home didn't break 2k.
It was merely an observation as to how as I said previously Scottish football is going down over the years since I first went to ER and watch Scotland beat England at Hamden in front of over 100k fans.

Airdrie were playing Brechin and Falkirk played Fraserburgh .... hardly crowd pullers. The crowds at this stage have never been brilliant anyway.

Dashing Bob S
29-11-2015, 10:30 PM
Airdrie were playing Brechin and Falkirk played Fraserburgh .... hardly crowd pullers. The crowds at this stage have never been brilliant anyway.

The crowds aren't brilliant at any stage. The sad thing is that nobody gives a toss about the Scottish Cup anymore, bar us, because of our jinx, and Jambos for the same reason. The day we win the thing is the day the tournament dies.

givescotlandfreedom
30-11-2015, 09:38 AM
Never mind, there'll be 400,000 along in a mo.

Better be quick to catch it though, they won't be in it long.

They've got a very special relationship with the cup. Their last goal came at Easter Road when Zaliukus beautifully smashed home a Wotherspoon ball in front of the famous five end

SMAXXA
30-11-2015, 09:41 AM
There was over 1200 at the Tranent v Auchibkect game in the junior Scottish a couple of weeks ago.

Lago
30-11-2015, 09:51 AM
There was over 1200 at the Tranent v Auchibkect game in the junior Scottish a couple of weeks ago.
Exactly, as I said some of those attendances would embarrass junior football.

Bishop Hibee
30-11-2015, 12:44 PM
Exactly, as I said some of those attendances would embarrass junior football.

A good reason to have a proper pyramid system in place in Scottish football. The SFA should force it through if possible.

bigwheel
30-11-2015, 12:47 PM
A good reason to have a proper pyramid system in place in Scottish football. The SFA should force it through if possible.

We do have that now. Many of the junior teams have chosen not to participate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

superfurryhibby
30-11-2015, 02:32 PM
The crowds aren't brilliant at any stage. The sad thing is that nobody gives a toss about the Scottish Cup anymore, bar us, because of our jinx, and Jambos for the same reason. The day we win the thing is the day the tournament dies.

I think fans of Inverness, Dundee Utd and St Johnstone might disagree with you on that one. Anyway, we will never win it again, so it will live forever.

brog
30-11-2015, 02:40 PM
There's a lot of doom & gloom spoken about our football & its attendances but just a few years ago, 2007 IIRC, we had our 2nd highest average attendance in the last 50 years. The 1st real season of the Tornadoes, 1971/72 we played in front of 240,000 people in 2 semi finals & a final. At the same time our last 2 home games of a great season attracted a total of under 14,000 fans, less than 6,500 saw us beat St J 7-1 in April 1972. Our average attendances in those days were also distorted by regularly getting crowds of 40,000 plus for the visits of the uglies. We suffer by comparison with the ridiculous wealth of our neighbours but crowd wise Scottish football is comparatively healthy.

jacomo
02-12-2015, 03:45 PM

Ferrari get a special payment from F1 every year, over and above any other prize money, just for being Ferrari.

I think the SFA should do something similar for us.

ChrissyG1875
02-12-2015, 05:37 PM

Sorry but I can't agree with this, it's realistically the biggest thing out of 2 that anyone bar 2 teams (1 now) can win. I don't really know anyone that isn't a celtic or a hibs fan but I would be incredibly surprised if the fans of other teams, that have won it recently, didn't have a party of a lifetime after doing so. If what you're saying is correct then we may aswell just pack it all in, if nobody gives a toss about winning the biggest trophy we can then what's the point.

Also if reading here is anything to go by, we're all getting pretty buzzing for a semi final of a smaller competition

Islington Hibs
02-12-2015, 06:42 PM
Outside the 4 big cities no town in Scotland has a population of 50000 or more and many town's much less. Sure gates of 500-600 don't sound great but in the context of the population size they are not that bad. I think Scottish teams still has one of the highest attendances relative to population of any European country which is pretty amazing given the dull dominance of Celtic and no doubt The Rangers in time.