PDA

View Full Version : Stokes having a strop on Twitter

Monts
29-11-2015, 10:56 AM
Looks like Stokes isn't happy with Ronnie at not even being on the bench today.

Alls not rosey at Celtic it seems.

scott7_0(Prague)
29-11-2015, 11:02 AM
Looks like Stokes isn't happy with Ronnie at not even being on the bench today.

Alls not rosey at Celtic it seems.

Stokes is a c0ck and his opinion counts for nothing. Waste bandwidth. :agree:

PISTOL1875
29-11-2015, 11:05 AM
Maybe if he cut out the drinking and changed his attitude in training then he might actually get a fair crack of the whip...

Hanny
29-11-2015, 11:07 AM
For those interested:

@stokesy10: Buzzing to be brought all the way up to inverness with the team to sit in the stands today, lovely weather for it too...

@stokesy10: Who gives a f*** about wages when your not playing games! It's all about playing and contributing not picking up a wage.

bingo70
29-11-2015, 11:09 AM
Official caley thistle response just now quite funny too, sorry, don't know how to post a screenshot on here

Cabbage East
29-11-2015, 11:16 AM
Official caley thistle response just now quite funny too, sorry, don't know how to post a screenshot on here

Great post. Would read again.

HH81
29-11-2015, 11:22 AM

Don't have twitter but what they said?

NORTHERNHIBBY
29-11-2015, 11:24 AM
For those interested:

@stokesy10: Buzzing to be brought all the way up to inverness with the team to sit in the stands today, lovely weather for it too...

@stokesy10: Who gives a f*** about wages when your not playing games! It's all about playing and contributing not picking up a wage.

Guess the second posting makes sense . In January, teams who fancy him should try and get him because he says money doesn't matter?

grunt
29-11-2015, 11:24 AM

Official ICTFC ‏@ICTFC 20m20 minutes ago (https://twitter.com/ICTFC/status/670936263134982144) Official ICTFC Retweeted Anthony Stokes
Thanks for your support.....enjoy the game.

Pretty Boy
29-11-2015, 11:28 AM
Would you take him back at ER?

givescotlandfreedom
29-11-2015, 11:34 AM
That's a bit of a kick in the teeth to the Celtc fans who have travelled from all over inverness to be there.

Scottie
29-11-2015, 11:40 AM
No chance.

Knob of of a human being if you believe all you hear about him.

Allant1981
29-11-2015, 11:43 AM
I liked stokes when he was here, his off the field antics are obviously a bit dodgy but id have him back at easter road if he was managed properly

mentalhibee
29-11-2015, 11:45 AM

Aye, great player.

blackpoolhibs
29-11-2015, 11:49 AM

I would, i don't care how we get up but we just have to get up. He'd score for fun, and if Stubbs wanted him and we could afford him it would be a great move.

easty
29-11-2015, 11:51 AM
I'd take him back

hfc rd
29-11-2015, 11:58 AM
I'd take him back. But reckon he will be heading to an English Championship/League 1 or so.

The Harp Awakes
29-11-2015, 12:33 PM
Pretty Boy;4513750]Would you take him back at ER?[/QUOTE]

Wouldn't hesitate to take him back. Great player and goalscorer.

J-C
29-11-2015, 12:38 PM
If as Stubbs says he's looking at strikers for January, then I'd have him for the rest of the season, it all depends if Stubbs thinks he may upset the applecart at ER, we have very good harmony at the moment in the squad, don't want to ruin that.

Edson Arantes
29-11-2015, 12:39 PM
Or

stropes having a stroke?

greenlex
29-11-2015, 12:39 PM
He'll end up at Inverness with Yogi. Christies loan spell cut short as Celtic rebuild for next season.

Sir David Gray
29-11-2015, 12:40 PM

Nope.

We appear to have a great team spirit at the moment with all of the players playing for each other.

Whilst Stokes is undoubtedly a good goalscorer, his attitude stinks and I think he would be a negative influence around the dressing room which is exactly what we don't need.

I doubt he would come and play in the Championship anyway. If that's his attitude after being left out the squad to play up at Inverness, imagine the tweets he would be sending if he had to sit in the stand at Alloa or Morton!

Ricky Bobby
29-11-2015, 12:43 PM

If someone came in and made us a great offer in January for Cummings, we could do worse than look at Stokes as a replacement.
PS I would prefer to keep Jason.

Bishop Hibee
29-11-2015, 12:44 PM

Good player but no. we should look to sign younger players we can develop.

Hibbyradge
29-11-2015, 12:47 PM
No chance.

Knob of of a human being if you believe all you hear about him.

Why on earth would anyone do that?

fulshie
29-11-2015, 02:24 PM
I wouldn't want him. His tweets tell you a lot about him. Its good you have a player thats unhappy not to be involved but, it would be even better to have a player that showed respect, got his head down and worked hard to get back into the fold. His attitude is not what we need just now.

29-11-2015, 03:30 PM
I would, i don't care how we get up but we just have to get up. He'd score for fun, and if Stubbs wanted him and we could afford him it would be a great move.

Totally agree.

iwasthere1972
29-11-2015, 03:48 PM
Nope.

We appear to have a great team spirit at the moment with all of the players playing for each other.

Whilst Stokes is undoubtedly a good goalscorer, his attitude stinks and I think he would be a negative influence around the dressing room which is exactly what we don't need.

I doubt he would come and play in the Championship anyway. If that's his attitude after being left out the squad to play up at Inverness, imagine the tweets he would be sending if he had to sit in the stand at Alloa or Morton!

:agree:

He's was a right miserable git when he played for us. Okay he scored goals but always moaning if the ball didn't reach his feet and couldn't be bothered chasing to get the ball back.

We have what appears to be a united and happy squad and I seriously think that he would damage this if he was signed.

In other words. No thanks.

TheFamous1875
29-11-2015, 03:58 PM
Ability-wise, he's one of their best players and should be in their starting XI every week. And since he can't even get on the bench, it speaks volumes of just how bad his attitude must be. Steer clear of Easter Road.

Baader
29-11-2015, 06:09 PM
Would only be using us til a better offer comes in. Although realistically you can argue any decent player does the same Stokes comes with a bit too much baggage from what I've heard. Best avoided.

Monts
02-12-2015, 10:11 AM
Looks like he has been suspended by Celtic for his tweets

J-C
02-12-2015, 10:12 AM
Looks like he has been suspended by Celtic for his tweets

:agree: 2 weeks

silverhibee
02-12-2015, 10:23 AM
What did he text that was so wrong.

CentreLine
02-12-2015, 10:29 AM

I think texting what a hardship it was to be paid a whopping wage to sit and watch a football match of a Sunday afternoon was a huge insult to the paying public who do so with their hard earned on a weekly bases all round the country. I think he exposed himself as a monumental fud.

jacomo
02-12-2015, 01:24 PM

Sarcastic tweets about having to travel to Inverness to sit in the stand.

Unprofessional and stupid from a representative of his club.

He won't be getting a game soon, either.

I imagine the penny's dropped that his contract is up and the end of the season and he needs to get himself in the shop window.

Thecat23
02-12-2015, 02:17 PM
Sarcastic tweets about having to travel to Inverness to sit in the stand.

Unprofessional and stupid from a representative of his club.

He won't be getting a game soon, either.

I imagine the penny's dropped that his contract is up and the end of the season and he needs to get himself in the shop window.

I'm sorry but the tweet itself was how he's feeling. Many players left out speak to fans, press, other players about being left out and that goes unpunished. Just because he tweeted it makes no difference to me.

Good on him for actually wanting to play each week and not sit on his arse like many are happy to do at Celtic. 2 week ban is laughable. About time Scottish football came out of the caveman days.

Thecat23
02-12-2015, 02:18 PM

Nothing, but the lets get offended by everything brigade have made a big deal of it.

Kavinho
02-12-2015, 02:26 PM
I'm sorry but the tweet itself was how he's feeling. Many players left out speak to fans, press, other players about being left out and that goes unpunished. Just because he tweeted it makes no difference to me.

Good on him for actually wanting to play each week and not sit on his arse like many are happy to do at Celtic. 2 week ban is laughable. About time Scottish football came out of the caveman days.

Of course there is a difference between a public and a private expression of dissatisfaction.

Thecat23
02-12-2015, 02:28 PM
Of course there is a difference between a public and a private expression of dissatisfaction.

There is nothing in that tweet that deserves a ban. If anyone feels offended by it they need a serious reality check.

Kavinho
02-12-2015, 02:36 PM
There is nothing in that tweet that deserves a ban. If anyone feels offended by it they need a serious reality check.

He's not directly having a go at anyone, but Deila was right that it's disrespectful to teammates who've had to do that all season, not to mention the subtle dig at the managers decision in the first place.

I can can come home and moan about my boss, workmates and working environment to the wife and that's fine. If I stand in the middle of the canteen and shout out about them, I'd sure expect some from of sanction for it....

But yeah, he's not in the managers plans, and is likely out at the end of the contract or earlier. He'd better get used to being dragged round the country to warm a seat in the stands. That tweet won't have done anything to improve his chances of getting back in ahead of Leigh.

Kavinho
02-12-2015, 02:39 PM

He's said something that undermines the manager, in public.... Expect ramifications.

Its not about offending anyone with the words in the tweet.. It's about respecting the decision made not to play him - which a 3-1 win proves was the right one

greenlex
02-12-2015, 02:42 PM
He will be delighted. At least he won't have to travel around the country to sit in the stand for a fortnight.

iwasthere1972
02-12-2015, 02:44 PM
He will be delighted. At least he won't have to travel around the country to sit in the stand for a fortnight.

Without wages I would imagine.

jacomo
02-12-2015, 03:01 PM
He's said something that undermines the manager, in public.... Expect ramifications.

Its not about offending anyone with the words in the tweet.. It's about respecting the decision made not to play him - which a 3-1 win proves was the right one

Most employees have a basic duty to represent their company well - if I took to social media to criticise a decision made by my manager, I would expect serious consequences!

silverhibee
02-12-2015, 03:11 PM
What punishment did Kris Commons get for being disrespectful to his players and management team when he was subbed and had a rant about being taken off, sure that was on live TV, surely disrespecting his manager by thinking he (Commons) knows better should have seen some kind of punishment.

Thecat23
02-12-2015, 03:11 PM

Most employees have a basic duty to represent their company well - if I took to social media to criticise a decision made by my manager, I would expect serious consequences!

Here is the tweet.. "Buzzing to be brought all the way up to inverness with the team to sit in the stands today, lovely weather for it too..."

Nothing in that says anything about the manager. He's expressed his disappointment at not playing. Not saying anything like the managers an arse or he has it wrong. His sarcastic tone is there yeah but if I was taken up there on a workshop with the rest of my office then told to sit in the car while it's over and typed that exact tweet I'd be very disappointed if I was given 2 weeks suspension.

If I mentioned the manager then yeah I'd rightly be banned.

JimBHibees
02-12-2015, 03:12 PM

It was done before the game though and was being mentioned on the tv so would have been something the manager had to deal with prior to the game he could have done without.

Thecat23
02-12-2015, 03:14 PM
What punishment did Kris Commons get for being disrespectful to his players and management team when he was subbed and had a rant about being taken off, sure that was on live TV, surely disrespecting his manager by thinking he (Commons) knows better should have seen some kind of punishment.

That was viewed for millions to see as well and as you rightly pointed out he was clearly disrespectful and said it directly to the management team.

Can't be one rule for one player and another rule for another player.

Thecat23
02-12-2015, 03:15 PM
It was done before the game though and was being mentioned on the tv so would have been something the manager had to deal with prior to the game he could have done without.

I don't think the manager would pull him before the game. He's to much to deal with Jim. That would have been done right after it!

Kavinho
02-12-2015, 03:27 PM
Here is the tweet.. "Buzzing to be brought all the way up to inverness with the team to sit in the stands today, lovely weather for it too..."

Nothing in that says anything about the manager. He's expressed his disappointment at not playing. Not saying anything like the managers an arse or he has it wrong. His sarcastic tone is there yeah but if I was taken up there on a workshop with the rest of my office then told to sit in the car while it's over and typed that exact tweet I'd be very disappointed if I was given 2 weeks suspension.

He he also apologised later did he not? An indication of acceptance of some level of guilt? No?

And as I said ..... a subtle dig at the manager for not selecting him

scoopyboy
02-12-2015, 04:08 PM
After his nonsense when with us I have no sympathy for him, however I think he has been harshly dealt with.

Disrespectful to other players according to the manager, I don't see that as he was grumping that he wasn't being used in a match he expected to be stripped for. He didn't slag off any player that was playing, most players think they are better than they actually are and will tell you they should be in the team.

It may be the latest in a long line of "offences" and it may have been the straw that broke the camel's back. If it was a one off then too harsh a sentence IMO.

Certainly no worse than Commons in Norway.

BroxburnHibee
02-12-2015, 04:11 PM
I thought his tweet was quite amusing and as usual far too much is being made of this.

Baldy Foghorn
02-12-2015, 04:20 PM
Graham Spiers in the Herald calls him a "troubled Irish Republican"............Lot of baggage attached, can't recall if Mr Spiers reported the Goram incidents in the same way, in the interests of fairness?

Baader
02-12-2015, 04:40 PM
Graham Spiers in the Herald calls him a "troubled Irish Republican"............Lot of baggage attached, can't recall if Mr Spiers reported the Goram incidents in the same way, in the interests of fairness?

Poor stuff. 'Irishman' would suffice without the political swipe. I know it's Republic of Ireland but you wouldn't refer to someone from there as a 'Republican' unless alluding to more than nationality. Does he refer to Kyle Lafferty as a Northern Irish Unionist?

Kavinho
02-12-2015, 04:42 PM

Originally your point was that "just because it was tweeted makes no difference to me"
I merely pointed out out there is a difference. But in fairness I also read that very much as having a go at the decision not to play him, and the decision to make him travel when he probably wasn't going to get a game anyway. But is it not normal to bring a bigger squad to away games so that a bench is full in the event or warmup injuries?
You'll know better than I..

In fairness, if an isolated issue, it is harsh. My supposition is that it wasn't his first offence in Deilas eyes.

In any event I reckon he's as good as done as Celtc and personally, I wouldn't want him back at Easter Rd.

Kavinho
02-12-2015, 04:44 PM
Poor stuff. 'Irishman' would suffice without the political swipe. I know it's Republic of Ireland but you wouldn't refer to someone from there as a 'Republican' unless alluding to more than nationality. Does he refer to Kyle Lafferty as a Northern Irish Unionist?

Im fairly certain, that it was his Dad's pub in Dublin, where the massive banner was put up stating that The Queen was barred from the pub when she visited Ireland a few years back.

...Fairly certain.. I stand to be corrected...

edit yep John Stokes..
15 mar 2011 bbc article, that I can't link!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-12745846

Baldy Foghorn
02-12-2015, 04:47 PM

His article mentions Stokes involvement with RIRA and IRA, in particular being at a party for a member who was killed.

Baader
02-12-2015, 04:47 PM
Im fairly certain, that it was his Dad's pub in Dublin, where the massive banner was put up stating that The Queen was barred from the pub when she visited Ireland a few years back.

It was indeed. I just don't see the context of it in him posting disruptive tweets about sitting in the stand and why Spiers feels necessary to being his politics into it. Stirring it would seem. Certainly not unbiased journalism.

Baldy Foghorn
02-12-2015, 04:48 PM

edit yep John Stokes..

That pub was also raided as they looked for weapons.

Kavinho
02-12-2015, 04:52 PM

So all in probably fair for Speirs to label him as he did -for me.

Clearly coming from a politically engaged family..

Baader
02-12-2015, 04:52 PM
Not looking to defend his politics by the way. I do agree he's an idiot and wouldn't want him back at ER. Troubled indeed.

Baldy Foghorn
02-12-2015, 04:55 PM
So all in probably fair for Speirs to label him as he did -for me.

Clearly coming from a politically engaged family..

Probably, but didn't think his tweets merited the article

iwasthere1972
02-12-2015, 04:56 PM

edit yep John Stokes..

What a waste of Wonga. Why was she barred? Not fighting with the locals and tipping her pint of Guinness over them again was it? Can't take her anywhere eh.

Thecat23
02-12-2015, 04:59 PM
Originally your point was that "just because it was tweeted makes no difference to me"
I merely pointed out out there is a difference. But in fairness I also read that very much as having a go at the decision not to play him, and the decision to make him travel when he probably wasn't going to get a game anyway. But is it not normal to bring a bigger squad to away games so that a bench is full in the event or warmup injuries?
You'll know better than I..

In fairness, if an isolated issue, it is harsh. My supposition is that it wasn't his first offence in Deilas eyes.

In any event I reckon he's as good as done as Celtc and personally, I wouldn't want him back at Easter Rd.

I agree with you that I think his days at Celtic are numbered! Many teams take players to games knowing they won't play. Only Stokes and Delia will know if he's either been misinformed or told he'll just have to wait and see when there if he's in the squad.

It's a huge over reaction and doesn't deserve a two week ban.

Kavinho
02-12-2015, 04:59 PM
What a waste of Wonga. Why was barred? Not fighting with the locals and tipping her pint of Guinness over them again was it? Can't take her anywhere eh.

Dunno likes.. 500 notes got him a hell of a lot of airtime!

Andy74
02-12-2015, 05:06 PM
After his nonsense when with us I have no sympathy for him, however I think he has been harshly dealt with.

Disrespectful to other players according to the manager, I don't see that as he was grumping that he wasn't being used in a match he expected to be stripped for. He didn't slag off any player that was playing, most players think they are better than they actually are and will tell you they should be in the team.

It may be the latest in a long line of "offences" and it may have been the straw that broke the camel's back. If it was a one off then too harsh a sentence IMO.

Certainly no worse than Commons in Norway.

What was his nonsense with us?

JimBHibees
02-12-2015, 05:08 PM
I agree with you that I think his days at Celtic are numbered! Many teams take players to games knowing they won't play. Only Stokes and Delia will know if he's either been misinformed or told he'll just have to wait and see when there if he's in the squad.

Would agree that two weeks seems very severe however might indicate he has been playing up for a bit and the management would prefer him away from the group.

Kavinho
02-12-2015, 05:14 PM

He could have kept his fingers off his phone and it wouldn't have been a problem at all!!

scoopyboy
02-12-2015, 05:28 PM
What was his nonsense with us?

The worst for me was borrowing money off the youth players to gamble and not paying them back, guys that were on £125 a week that trusted an established first team player. Eventually one player had enough of him and gave him a right hook and this player could punch.

Even when he was on the verge of leaving us he was working his ticket. Phoning in East Mains to say he was ill and couldn't make training and then going out and getting pissed the same day at the Festival, knowing full well the info would get back to the club. Hibs tried to hawk him round Britain but Celtic were the only club prepared to sign him.

Pity because IMO he was a good player.

Thecat23
02-12-2015, 07:03 PM
The worst for me was borrowing money off the youth players to gamble and not paying them back, guys that were on £125 a week that trusted an established first team player. Eventually one player had enough of him and gave him a right hook and this player could punch.

Even when he was on the verge of leaving us he was working his ticket. Phoning in East Mains to say he was ill and couldn't make training and then going out and getting pissed the same day at the Festival, knowing full well the info would get back to the club. Hibs tried to hawk him round Britain but Celtic were the only club prepared to sign him.

Pity because IMO he was a good player.

Correct. He also owed money to a couple of first team players as well. There was another team interested but he wanted to head west instead going south.

Billie Jo
02-12-2015, 07:35 PM

Did they find any?

Mr White
02-12-2015, 07:37 PM
Did they find any?

Nah, Anthony was at training in Lennoxtown :greengrin

Billie Jo
02-12-2015, 07:39 PM
Nah, Anthony was at training in Lennoxtown :greengrin

hehe :greengrin

Baldy Foghorn
02-12-2015, 07:42 PM
Did they find any?

:dunno:

silverhibee
02-12-2015, 10:04 PM
:dunno:

Did they not find some bullets out the back in a hut/shed.

The pub is meant to be massive, i know a couple of folk who were in it and to say they were a tad frightened even though they were there as friends of the owner, AS, I won't say what took place that night in the pub but the 2 folk who were meant to be staying as guests decided it would be safer going to a hotel to stay.

Baldy Foghorn
02-12-2015, 10:19 PM
Did they not find some bullets out the back in a hut/shed.

The pub is meant to be massive, i know a couple of folk who were in it and to say they were a tad frightened even though they were there as friends of the owner, AS, I won't say what took place that night in the pub but the 2 folk who were meant to be staying as guests decided it would be safer going to a hotel to stay.

Can't remember what was found Silver, just remember a raid......Scary for those in the premises at the time...........

silverhibee
02-12-2015, 10:28 PM
Can't remember what was found Silver, just remember a raid......Scary for those in the premises at the time...........

I doubt it very much, sure they are used to it. :greengrin

Baldy Foghorn
02-12-2015, 10:31 PM
I doubt it very much, sure they are used to it. :greengrin

Not your two friends though?