PDA

View Full Version : Hutton GIRUY

craigmounthibby
29-11-2015, 12:32 AM
Just watched motd. Magic watching that cheating plum score an o.g. and seeing his greetin hun face after it.

Justice, after he went down like a sack of tatties for the free kick that led to Villa's first goal, as per.

GIRUY

California-Hibs
29-11-2015, 05:10 AM
Good player.

Ringothedog
29-11-2015, 07:22 AM
Good player.

Opinions eh ? I think he is mince, cannot defend, going forward he can barely beat a man or pass the ball more than 2 feet and the slightest touch goes down like a sack of tatties, and as for that ugly puss of his it's one I wouldn't get tired of smacking.

Nameless
29-11-2015, 07:35 AM
He is also reckless in the challenge, and is known down south as a dirty player. Before his career ends, he will have ended someone else's.

lucky
29-11-2015, 08:11 AM
If he's so bad a player how come he's playing at a level that none of the current Hibs team are likely too. I wish we had players that had 49 caps and 200 EPL appearances. He might be a ex Hun but he's a decent player

Hibby Bairn
29-11-2015, 08:21 AM
Played well until his OG. Also played in La Liga so cannae be "mince" surely.

bigwheel
29-11-2015, 08:24 AM
Opinions eh ? I think he is mince, cannot defend, going forward he can barely beat a man or pass the ball more than 2 feet and the slightest touch goes down like a sack of tatties, and as for that ugly hun puss of his it's one I wouldn't get tired of smacking.

What makes people have these views ? He's played over 200 EPL games...he has over 50 scotland caps.. He's as good a right back as we have had in 40 years.....and plays at a level that likely no one in our team will....

Ringothedog
29-11-2015, 08:56 AM
What makes people have these views ? He's played over 200 EPL games...he has over 50 scotland caps.. He's as good a right back as we have had in 40 years.....and plays at a level that likely no one in our team will....

Footballs all about opinions and mine is that he is a very poor player, when he comes up against good players he is found out big time. Nothing to do with being a hun all about being a poor player. Whittaker is a far better football player imho.

we are hibs
29-11-2015, 08:58 AM
Awful player. Him tripping himself Up on the turf when we played Gibraltar summed him up.

bigwheel
29-11-2015, 09:08 AM
Footballs all about opinions and mine is that he is a very poor player, when he comes up against good players he is found out big time. Nothing to do with being a hun all about being a poor player. Whittaker is a far better football player imho.

So why does Hutton get picked at RB before Whittaker then ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jones28
29-11-2015, 09:19 AM
He's a dirty player, but he was selected as the best British right back by a European news paper wasn't he?

blackpoolhibs
29-11-2015, 09:40 AM

He's made a great career for himself, he's also turned in some very good performances for Scotland. Now he's had the odd howler, not many but the odd one for the national team, but more often than not he drives us forward and gets us up the park quickly and creates space and the odd chance.

I suppose he wouldn't get in any of the top 6 7 8 teams in the EPL, but he'd walk into every team in the SPL and the Scottish championship, maybe because there's no good players that he would come up against, or as i said he's decent but not top quality that the real top clubs want?

How many top clubs are there and how many clubs are poor, think about it?

theonlywayisup
29-11-2015, 10:53 AM
Think some posters need a reality check! Not getting at anyone on this thread, but how many time do people come out with the "he's mince / awful / dire" comments and many more worse. Football is a team game played by individuals, at all range of levels (World Cup to Sunday league and lower), in all range of conditions. Players have good days, players have bad days. Football Managers are not daft, nor are football fans. Hutton has been selected by most managers he played for (don't think Redknapp liked him that much) and was he not Aston Villa's supporters player of the year a couple of seasons ago (I could be wrong).

To say that Hutton (others have quoted his matches played in the EPL and for Scotland) is an awful player is rather extreme. Does that mean that David Gray is a much better player cause he does well for Hibs. Not getting at David Gray, but his track record is 28 games on loan to the likes of Plymouth Argyle whilst at ManU, 45 games for Preston North End, 53 Stevenage, 12 Burton Albion and, so far, 40 for Hibs. He has scored 2 goals (both at Hibs against a diddy team) and 4 U19/u21 caps of Scotland.

For my view on Hutton, I think he is a great asset going forward. Yesterday, the commentator called him "Villa's best attacking threat". For Scotland, he has been one of our more consistent performers going forward. However, I feel he is not great at defending - you could say the same about the two players at The Rangers. Great player - no. Good player - yes. Awful player - get real.

cocopops1875
29-11-2015, 10:59 AM
I'm actually a fan of Hutton as a player, agree he is not the best defensively but his quality is going forward. All opinions though I guess I also thought Scott Allan was over-rated but was assured by others I didn't know what I was talking about

J-C
29-11-2015, 11:10 AM
Better winger than defender, his positioning and tackling is very poor and should be used purely as an attacking winger.

NORTHERNHIBBY
29-11-2015, 12:27 PM
Aren't we having a laugh if we think that being poor by EPL standards makes him a bad player?

Thecat23
29-11-2015, 01:08 PM
Good player.

One of the worst players I've ever seen. Utter dross!

Edson Arantes
29-11-2015, 01:20 PM
Hutton is fine, :agree: he is a good player.

Find someone else to pick on.

O'Rourke3
29-11-2015, 01:24 PM
I was in the fan club but recently his performances have been under par (for Scotland). However nice to see a thread not debating slaughtering one of our team :greengrin

Ringothedog
29-11-2015, 01:35 PM
Aren't we having a laugh if we think that being poor by EPL standards makes him a bad player?

So being a Hibs fan means you can't have an opinion on players from a higher or different league ? You are having a laugh.

Bishop Hibee
29-11-2015, 01:41 PM
Good attacking full back. Kept Whittaker, who was a great right back for us, out the Scotland team. Can't understand the hate for him. Far more obnoxious bluenoses to have a pop at.

Monts
29-11-2015, 02:00 PM
So being a Hibs fan means you can't have an opinion on players from a higher or different league ? You are having a laugh.

I don't think anyone said anything remotely like that :confused:

Drewster
29-11-2015, 02:17 PM
Hutton is a nightmare - look at all the goals Scotland have conceded in the last few campaigns and you will find Mr Hutton!!?

erin go bragh
29-11-2015, 02:24 PM
Good attacking full back. Kept Whittaker, who was a great right back for us, out the Scotland team. Can't understand the hate for him. Far more obnoxious bluenoses to have a pop at.

Me thinks it's because he has never lost that Hun look ( rat eyes) . Good going forward but suspect at the back .

Thecat23
29-11-2015, 02:28 PM
Hutton is a nightmare - look at all the goals Scotland have conceded in the last few campaigns and you will find Mr Hutton!!?

Exactly. Folk saying he's not a good defender but he's no bad attacking. His first job is to defend and he can't. Wouldn't have him anywhere near the Scotland team.

NORTHERNHIBBY
29-11-2015, 02:54 PM

Settle petal.

blackpoolhibs
29-11-2015, 03:20 PM
Who are these better right backs that we surely should be playing before him? :confused:

Hiber-nation
29-11-2015, 04:17 PM
Who are these better right backs that we surely should be playing before him? :confused:

Aye there's been so many over the years eh! Whittaker is the only one and he's not even on the Norwich bench today.

Hutton's past his best and not a great defender but he has been a fantastic attacking full back for Scotland over the years.

Hiber-nation
29-11-2015, 04:18 PM

Wow!!

theonlywayisup
29-11-2015, 05:26 PM

I really can't take you seriously when you come up with comments like that. Let me think of some of our past full backs.

David van Zanten, Darren McCormack, Steven Thicot, Jonathon Grounds, Ritchie Towell, Michael Hart, George Francomb, Matt Doherty, Pa Kujabi, Tim Clancy, Alan Maybury, Ryan McGivern & Fraser Mullen.

Aye - Hutton is one of the worst players you've ever seen. I've not even thought about the jokers we've had in central defence, midfield, forward line and who could not forget the goalies.

Sammy7nil
29-11-2015, 05:30 PM

It is always best to think before you type :greengrin

MWHIBBIES
29-11-2015, 05:36 PM
I really can't take you seriously when you come up with comments like that. Let me think of some of our past full backs.

David van Zanten, Darren McCormack, Steven Thicot, Jonathon Grounds, Ritchie Towell, Michael Hart, George Francomb, Matt Doherty, Pa Kujabi, Tim Clancy, Alan Maybury, Ryan McGivern & Fraser Mullen.

Aye - Hutton is one of the worst players you've ever seen. I've not even thought about the jokers we've had in central defence, midfield, forward line and who could not forget the goalies.Nothing wrong with Maybury.

On topic - Hutton is a dirty ******* who regularly makes horrible reckless challenges. Typical hun.

Albanian Hibs
29-11-2015, 05:42 PM
So why does Hutton get picked at RB before Whittaker then ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same reason as Leigh Griffiths not getting a start. Gordon Strachan.

Thecat23
29-11-2015, 05:49 PM

Aye - Hutton is one of the worst players you've ever seen. I've not even thought about the jokers we've had in central defence, midfield, forward line and who could not forget the goalies.

I should have added Scotland players. How he plays international level is partly the reason we won't qualify for any major tournaments. He has given so many goals away!

When we stop looking at guys like Hutton as the future for Scotland will be the day we start improving! To many piss poor players make it into our national squad and that's why we have failed to reach a major since 1998.

Glory Lurker
29-11-2015, 06:02 PM
I thought Hutton had the makings of a world class player around 2006 and a few years after that, and expected him to achieve that when he went south. I was disappointed for him that it didn't materialise. I don't think he is an asset for the Scotland team now, unfortunately.

Edson Arantes
29-11-2015, 06:03 PM

:confused: Quite ridiculous.

bigwheel
29-11-2015, 06:08 PM
Same reason as Leigh Griffiths not getting a start. Gordon Strachan.

Griffiths doesn't get a start because he can't play with his back to goal anywhere near as well as Fletcher can. At international level that is key....and it's another decision Strachan is right on...

J-C
29-11-2015, 06:16 PM
Griffiths doesn't get a start because he can't play with his back to goal anywhere near as well as Fletcher can. At international level that is key....and it's another decision Strachan is right on...

WGS plays 4-2-3-1 with Scotland same system as Celtic, Griffiths does ok with them.

bigwheel
29-11-2015, 06:18 PM
WGS plays 4-2-3-1 with Scotland same system as Celtic, Griffiths does ok with them.

International level is a higher standard...Griffiths is a good player..Fletcher is stronger playing up front on his own a that level...

Thecat23
29-11-2015, 06:35 PM
:confused: Quite ridiculous.

Opinions eh!

I hope he never plays for Scotland again.

theonlywayisup
29-11-2015, 07:12 PM
I should have added Scotland players. How he plays international level is partly the reason we won't qualify for any major tournaments. He has given so many goals away!

When we stop looking at guys like Hutton as the future for Scotland will be the day we start improving! To many piss poor players make it into our national squad and that's why we have failed to reach a major since 1998.

Ok, we get the feeling you don't rate him. So, who would you play ahead of him, excluding Whittaker who has not always been available for Scotland recently.

Thecat23
29-11-2015, 07:42 PM
Ok, we get the feeling you don't rate him. So, who would you play ahead of him, excluding Whittaker who has not always been available for Scotland recently.

Andrew Robertson.

MWHIBBIES
29-11-2015, 07:46 PM
Andrew Robertson.The same one who plays left back for Scotland every game?

Thecat23
29-11-2015, 07:52 PM
The same one who plays left back for Scotland every game?

😂 Yep I'm having one. Out of interest has he played on the right before?

Thecat23
29-11-2015, 07:56 PM
The same one who plays left back for Scotland every game?

What about the lad Russell Martin? He can play on the right!

Beefster
29-11-2015, 08:46 PM
I think it's great that the Internet has allowed every ill-informed random to broadcast their nonsense to a wider audience. Life wasn't as good when the available audience was only five guys in a pub, the missus and the dog.

Sergey
29-11-2015, 08:57 PM
I think it's great that the Internet has allowed every ill-informed random to broadcast their nonsense to a wider audience. Life wasn't as good when the available audience was only five guys in a pub, the missus and the dog.

:top marks

There really has been some tosh spouted on this thread.

How can anyone castigate an EPL player when we are currently playing on a par with the Pub Leagues in England :dunno:

we are hibs
29-11-2015, 09:20 PM

How can anyone castigate an EPL player when we are currently playing on a par with the Pub Leagues in England :dunno:

Okay so people aren't allowed an opinion of any player in any league that's a higher standard of football than the league the club they support are in. Just cause I'm a Hibs supporter doesn't change the fact Hutton is pish and sub standard players like him being selected for Scotland are the reason we haven't and won't qualify for a major tournament for a good few years still.

Sergey
29-11-2015, 09:35 PM
Okay so people aren't allowed an opinion of any player in any league that's a higher standard of football than the league the club they support are in. Just cause I'm a Hibs supporter doesn't change the fact Hutton is pish and sub standard players like him being selected for Scotland are the reason we haven't and won't qualify for a major tournament for a good few years still.

The fact is - he's not pish.

YMMV

Hibby Bairn
29-11-2015, 09:50 PM
Alan Hutton out. Calum Paterson in.

Lago
29-11-2015, 09:52 PM

YMMV
He's not pish and he is certainly not the reason we don't qualify for major competitions.

Thecat23
29-11-2015, 10:24 PM
He's not pish and he is certainly not the reason we don't qualify for major competitions.

He's not the sole reason, but he's been part of why we don't! We simply aren't good enough and we need a better standard of players than guys like Hutton.

Sorry if that upsets anyone, maybe that's why we except failure in this country when it comes to football 😉 (Tongue firmly in cheek before someone wets their wee nappy)

Pete
29-11-2015, 11:17 PM
He's not the sole reason, but he's been part of why we don't! We simply aren't good enough and we need a better standard of players than guys like Hutton.

Sorry if that upsets anyone, maybe that's why we except failure in this country when it comes to football 😉 (Tongue firmly in cheek before someone wets their wee nappy)

Maybe we do need better players than Hutton but then we need better players in every position if we are to be better. You could point the finger at all of them.

He's a regular player for a premiership team and our national team which means that people with the game rate him and I'm not sure who this player is that should automatically be starting ahead of him.

Personally, I don't think he's that bad either and don't know why he gets such a hard time. Maybe it's because he's a baldy hun which is sometimes difficult to see past. I know that's all I see when I look at Nicky Law.

The_Exile
29-11-2015, 11:53 PM
Crazy thread. Having watched a lot of Villa during his first spell under McLeish when they were using defensive type wingers he was very effective if unspectacular, sure he had a fair number of assists that year. I feel folk put the boot in too easily with Hutton and players of his ilk without having any real idea what the **** they're talking about.

theonlywayisup
30-11-2015, 07:36 AM

Sorry if that upsets anyone, maybe that's why we except failure in this country when it comes to football  (Tongue firmly in cheek before someone wets their wee nappy)

So where are these players that are better than Hutton that should be keeping Hutton out of the team over the past 5-10 years. Please, tell me! Don't dodge the question - where are these players. I want to know.

Thecat23
30-11-2015, 08:25 AM
So where are these players that are better than Hutton that should be keeping Hutton out of the team over the past 5-10 years. Please, tell me! Don't dodge the question - where are these players. I want to know.

Calm down, you have your opinion I have mine. I named two players but one of them plays on the left so I named another if you want to look. Whitty is a far better player and if fit I'd have him there.

What gets me is folk saying he's a EPL player.. Yes for a team that are rock bottom of the league. You clearly rate him and I don't. We need to start from scratch because the players we are producing aren't good enough to make finals and that's not an opinion that's a fact!

Oscar T Grouch
30-11-2015, 08:27 AM
I dispare reading threads like this. Alan Hutton is a good football player, to say he isn't is to go against a lot of people with a lot more knowledge about football than anyone who posts on any football forum. He is not your typical hun, he is in fact a genuinely nice bloke, a man who cares for his family and his community. He does more charity work than most poeple, never mind someone who gets paid a good wage in the EPL. He couldn't be more far removed from your typical hun if you tried. He is in fact the best RB Scotland has at the moment, and has been for some time.

While I know everyone is entitled to their own opinion, it doesn't make the opinion right, it doesn't mean the opinion should be taken heed of. Anyone who even know the slightest bit about Alan Hutton the man will know what a good professional he is and his true worth to his community he lives in. But hey, don't let that stop you's slating a decent man  something this board is leaning towards in recent times, pick someone, rip the p!sh out them for no reason, move on the the next one, at least it's not our team it's happening to just now, but give it time, that'll come back the moment we lose a game.

Edson Arantes
30-11-2015, 08:17 PM

YMMV

I tried to say that yesterday but was told about "opinions".

Think I'll get a fur hat.

Thecat23
30-11-2015, 08:27 PM
I tried to say that yesterday but was told about "opinions".

Think I'll get a fur hat.

It is about opinions though is it not? You maybe rate him I don't. That's football and if we all agreed it would be a boring place to be. I respect your opinion nothing more nothing less.

Ps.. He's still pants 😉

Thecat23
30-11-2015, 08:30 PM
I dispare reading threads like this. Alan Hutton is a good football player, to say he isn't is to go against a lot of people with a lot more knowledge about football than anyone who posts on any football forum. He is not your typical hun, he is in fact a genuinely nice bloke, a man who cares for his family and his community. He does more charity work than most poeple, never mind someone who gets paid a good wage in the EPL. He couldn't be more far removed from your typical hun if you tried. He is in fact the best RB Scotland has at the moment, and has been for some time.

While I know everyone is entitled to their own opinion, it doesn't make the opinion right, it doesn't mean the opinion should be taken heed of. Anyone who even know the slightest bit about Alan Hutton the man will know what a good professional he is and his true worth to his community he lives in. But hey, don't let that stop you's slating a decent man  something this board is leaning towards in recent times, pick someone, rip the p!sh out them for no reason, move on the the next one, at least it's not our team it's happening to just now, but give it time, that'll come back the moment we lose a game.

Wait.. So because he does good work for the community that means I can't say he's rubbish "in my opinion." He may be the nicest lad on the planet I've nothing against him as a guy.

Just as a player I feel he's very poor. Maybe I just need to agree with the Hutton love in and move on. I could name a few players who often put money into charities including a former player who takes a fair bit stick on here. But that doesn't mean he's a good player.

Lago
30-11-2015, 08:41 PM
Wait.. So because he does good work for the community that means I can't say he's rubbish "in my opinion." He may be the nicest lad on the planet I've nothing against him as a guy.

Just as a player I feel he's very poor. Maybe I just need to agree with the Hutton love in and move on. I could name a few players who often put money into charities including a former player who takes a fair bit stick on here. But that doesn't mean he's a good player.
You may feel he is very poor, he is far from that. In my opinion.

Thecat23
30-11-2015, 08:42 PM
You may feel he is very poor, he is far from that. In my opinion.

That's fair enough.

Edson Arantes
30-11-2015, 09:46 PM
It is about opinions though is it not? You maybe rate him I don't. That's football and if we all agreed it would be a boring place to be. I respect your opinion nothing more nothing less.

Ps.. He's still pants 

ps. He's not

Opinions though.

WeeRussell
01-12-2015, 12:52 PM

No this again...

Not getting involved in the Hutton debate, but what has it got to do with what league Hibs are playing in at the moment? Hutton doesn't and has never played for Hibs!!

As for your closing statement.. that's the biggest piece of "tosh" spouted on this thread yet.

Edson Arantes
01-12-2015, 01:12 PM
No this again...Not getting involved in the Hutton debate, but what has it got to do with what league Hibs are playing in at the moment? Hutton doesn't and has never played for Hibs!!As for your closing statement.. that's the biggest piece of "tosh" spouted on this thread yet.

Aye, but he's got a furry hat.

--------
01-12-2015, 01:14 PM

Sorry if that upsets anyone, maybe that's why we except failure in this country when it comes to football  (Tongue firmly in cheek before someone wets their wee nappy)

You've stated the Blindingly Obvious - Scotland aren't nearly as good as we want them to be, and Alan Hutton plays for Scotland and you want someone much better than him playing in the team instead of him.

So please, tell us where we can find all these Scottish footballers so much better than the ones we're picking right now. I'm sure Gordon Strachan would love to know about them

While you're about it, tell Cameron and Obama how you'd sort out the Middle East, why don't you?

And sort out the hole in the ozone layer and all that global warming?

Geo_1875
01-12-2015, 03:22 PM
You've stated the Blindingly Obvious - Scotland aren't nearly as good as we want them to be, and Alan Hutton plays for Scotland and you want someone much better than him playing in the team instead of him.

So please, tell us where we can find all these Scottish footballers so much better than the ones we're picking right now. I'm sure Gordon Strachan would love to know about them

While you're about it, tell Cameron and Obama how you'd sort out the Middle East, why don't you?

Well a number of posters have stated that "he doesn't defend well, his strength is going forward". Surely if you want somebody to attack on the wing and not bother defending you pick a winger. I can think of a number of Scottish wingers that attack better than Hutton.

bigwheel
01-12-2015, 04:00 PM
This is a very strange thread...not quite sure why it was started in this first place.

Frankly, Hutton would be the best player in our team. We laud the like of David Gray and Hanlon, good players for sure. Yet, they will never play at the level that Hutton has. He is no world beater, in British terms though, he has the attributes to play at the highest level we have - and he has done so.

As for Scotland - well, unfortunately Alves isn't Scottish..so we just have to go with the best we've got - and currently - that's Hutton.

Dunbar Hibee
01-12-2015, 10:56 PM
In my opinion, he is gash.

Thecat23
02-12-2015, 12:11 AM

I did list a couple few posts back if you read it? Yes we want Scotland to be better and yes he plays for us hense why we don't qualify because I don't think he or many are good enough.

As for Cameron I've tweeted him and Obama and hopefully I'll have the ozone layer sorted for next Friday. If not I'll send Hutton up to fill the hole... Maybe he can defend us from the solar ray's since you rate him so high! 👍🏼

Thecat23
02-12-2015, 12:13 AM
In my opinion, he is gash.

Hope you have your tin hat on mate 😄

CentreLine
02-12-2015, 12:28 AM
I can't remember a thread being quite so appropriate for the pantomime season. Oh yes he is. Oh no he's not. Now please, all of you, put it BEHIND YOU!

we are hibs
02-12-2015, 09:37 AM

Didn't blame him individually for the fact we haven't qualified for years i said him AND sub-standard players like him are the reason we've been pish for years. and until players like Hutton retire and young players like Robertson and co get a chance then we will keep going through the motions in qualifying.

J-C
02-12-2015, 11:10 AM
The fact he's playing in the worst Villa team ever seen and still getting a game ahead of Whittaker says it all really.

Thecat23
02-12-2015, 01:15 PM
The fact he's playing in the worst Villa team ever seen and still getting a game ahead of Whittaker says it all really.

Benteke couldn't get a game at Villa either for a long time. He's now at Liverpool! Sometimes managers simply get it wrong.

Salt N Sauzee
02-12-2015, 01:25 PM
Benteke couldn't get a game at Villa either for a long time. He's now at Liverpool! Sometimes managers simply get it wrong.

That was due to His injuries though?

Lago
02-12-2015, 01:49 PM
Is Whittaker getting a game for Norwich ? Didnt see him even listed as a sub, maybe injured.

Kavinho
02-12-2015, 02:22 PM
Was quite a while ago now when people were calling him the Scottish Cafu right enough...

I don't particularly rate him at a great level these days, but he turns up when asked. Fair play to him, but can't see him in the national squad for much longer. .

ancient hibee
02-12-2015, 09:36 PM
The mindset that picks players like Hutton may be a problem but Hutton is a long way from being the main problem in that team.