PDA

View Full Version : St Johnstone watch

Billy Whizz
27-11-2015, 06:02 PM
Our League cup semi final opponents are live in BT sport 2 tonight, against Dundee.
Will be interesting to see what we're going to be up against

Pretty Boy
27-11-2015, 06:31 PM
Should be a decent game, St Johnstone won 8 of their last 9 apparently.

Looks a shocking crowd for a team on that run of form, although I suppose we aren't really in a position to criticise. Enjoy the Friday night fixtures and wouldn't mind a couple for us this season.

Billy Whizz
27-11-2015, 06:47 PM
Should be a decent game, St Johnstone won 8 of their last 9 apparently.

Looks a shocking crowd for a team on that run of form, although I suppose we aren't really in a position to criticise. Enjoy the Friday night fixtures and wouldn't mind a couple for us this season.

I haven't see much of O'Halloran, be interested to see if he's as good as they have been saying

Pretty Boy
27-11-2015, 06:49 PM
1-0 Dundee

Well deserved based on the first 2 and a half minutes....

bingo70
27-11-2015, 06:51 PM
I haven't see much of O'Halloran, be interested to see if he's as good as they have been saying

I've only seen him in one game and he was outstanding, can't remember who it was against, don't think it was Rangers though.

Pretty Boy
27-11-2015, 06:59 PM
1-1 Wotherspoon.

Good finish after a good move and run by O'Halloran.

O'Rourke3
27-11-2015, 07:00 PM
Just turned over and Spoony equalises

cabbageandribs1875
27-11-2015, 07:04 PM
yet another game with horrible weather, summer fitbaw plz

gaz1875
27-11-2015, 07:04 PM
Hope someone hits Chris Sutton in the face with the ball, drives me f***in nuts with his verbal diarrhoea commentating

Baldy Foghorn
27-11-2015, 07:16 PM
Hope someone hits Chris Sutton in the face with the ball, drives me f***in nuts with his verbal diarrhoea commentating

Has he managed to stop crying then, after his tantrum last night?

Billy Whizz
27-11-2015, 07:18 PM
Murray Davidson seems to hate a tackle, might be a game for the Bartman to sort him out

Lago
27-11-2015, 07:18 PM
yet another game with horrible weather, summer fitbaw plz
Yip summer for me, but be careful you'll have the ludites after you.:greengrin

Jim44
27-11-2015, 07:28 PM
Murray Davidson seems to hate a tackle, might be a game for the Bartman to sort him out

He's had a couple of serious injuries and his confidence might be a bit shaky. I think he, O'Halloran and Hibby Stevie McLean will make life difficult for us.

Baldy Foghorn
27-11-2015, 07:28 PM
Has McGowan had his tag removed, if not, he's out late ?

lord bunberry
27-11-2015, 07:38 PM
St Johnston look a decent side going forward, but a bit shaky at the back.

gaz1875
27-11-2015, 07:41 PM
Has he managed to stop crying then, after his tantrum last night?

Not yet haha...wtf is he doing on BT Sport, zero personality :confused:

Billy Whizz
27-11-2015, 07:42 PM
He's had a couple of serious injuries and his confidence might be a bit shaky. I think he, O'Halloran and Hibby Stevie McLean will make life difficult for us.

I'm sure they will. It might not be a day for silky football when we play them

LancashireHibby
27-11-2015, 08:14 PM

Comes across as a bit of a Robbie Savage type. Loves to put it about a bit and then runs off when he gets anything back at him.

Pretty Boy
27-11-2015, 08:23 PM
St Johnstone look decent enough but I'm not exactly shaking in my boots watching them.

Hard to judge on one game in poor conditions but we certainly shouldn't be fearing them.

green day
27-11-2015, 08:37 PM
Crap game. Prem players are generally quicker than the ones we play against in the Championship.

However, it seemed a bit 100mph and lacked quality. My only concern is the lack of decent opposition every week (I.e. teams that will attack us) to prepare for the cup game.

Sioux
27-11-2015, 09:55 PM
Crap game. Prem players are generally quicker than the ones we play against in the Championship.

However, it seemed a bit 100mph and lacked quality. My only concern is the lack of decent opposition every week (I.e. teams that will attack us) to prepare for the cup game.

The Aberdeen & D Utd games suggest there is no concern. Put it another way, the better the opposition the better we played.

cabbageandribs1875
27-11-2015, 10:24 PM

did you hear the commentator mid 1st half mentioning something about some player (i think) normally being in the crowd at ER :confused: missed the first part of what he was on about

portyhibernian
27-11-2015, 10:34 PM
did you hear the commentator mid 1st half mentioning something about some player (i think) normally being in the crowd at ER :confused: missed the first part of what he was on about

I think he was talking about John McGinn "wowing the crowds at Easter Road". His brother plays for Dundee.

cabbageandribs1875
27-11-2015, 10:40 PM
I think he was talking about John McGinn "wowing the crowds at Easter Road". His brother plays for Dundee.

ah righty ta, i didn't know he had a brother playing for Dundee, when i saw the players face tonight i thought he looked awfy like oor McGinn....then saw the name on the back, should have done some googling detective work then :greengrin

southsider
28-11-2015, 08:05 AM
It was a pretty good game last night in dreadful weather. A draw was about fair. St. J looked a powerful outfit and we will need to be at our best in the Semi but with a big crowd behind us we can get into the final.

lord bunberry
28-11-2015, 08:20 AM
ah righty ta, i didn't know he had a brother playing for Dundee, when i saw the players face tonight i thought he looked awfy like oor McGinn....then saw the name on the back, should have done some googling detective work then :greengrin
Apparently there's a third brother who plays for Wycombe.

heretoday
28-11-2015, 09:24 AM
St J are good in the cups. It's a tough tie.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
28-11-2015, 10:09 AM
Michael O'halloran is their best player so we will need to watch him very closely, has ripped most teams LA
B's a new one.

Also love how he described the pitch as "disgusting" haha!

O'Rourke3
28-11-2015, 10:17 AM
They are one of the current form teams in the SPL. Won the Scottish Cup a couple of years back. Despite any form we have in the league we are playing in a weaker competition so they go in as massive favourites. That's not something they've had to handle a lot especially in the SF of a major trophy. They play well and win - whodathunkit? We play well and win - not a huge shock but a surprise nonetheless.

Point being we go in not needing to win in the same way they do. Might give us an edge so long as our crowd is of the supportive nature not the "F***s sake Hibs, let us down again - which tends to make it to the semi.....

Super_JMcGinn
30-11-2015, 12:27 PM

Summer football guarantees nothing with our unpredictable weather :greengrin. Back on track I don't think we have anything to fear from St Johnstone, they won't be any tougher than Aberdeen were. I have full confidence in Stubbsy getting it right on the night.

Super_JMcGinn
30-11-2015, 12:32 PM
They are one of the current form teams in the SPL. Won the Scottish Cup a couple of years back. Despite any form we have in the league we are playing in a weaker competition so they go in as massive favourites. That's not something they've had to handle a lot especially in the SF of a major trophy. They play well and win - whodathunkit? We play well and win - not a huge shock but a surprise nonetheless.

Point being we go in not needing to win in the same way they do. Might give us an edge so long as our crowd is of the supportive nature not the "F***s sake Hibs, let us down again - which tends to make it to the semi.....
Most bookies have it level pegging on the betting odds believe it or not. A lot can happen between now and the end of January, hopefully they stay on a great run and lose a few of their top players in the window. :greengrin

hibees 7062
30-11-2015, 01:49 PM
St J are good in the cups. It's a tough tie.

So are we :wink:

portyhibernian
30-11-2015, 02:09 PM
Nothing to fear, get tore into them and show people how good we are.