PDA

View Full Version : Scottish cup 4th round draw

Billy Whizz
23-11-2015, 08:38 PM
Anyone know when it is? The 3rd round ties are on Saturday

brog
23-11-2015, 08:48 PM
Anyone know when it is? The 3rd round ties are on Saturday

Good question. You would expect it to be on Monday but was on the Thursday after the last round. Nothing on SFA site, superb promotion of our national tournament!

Diclonius
23-11-2015, 08:52 PM
Considering that the actual fourth round takes place on January 9th, I'm going to make a bold prediction of January 9th at 5am. Actually, sorry - Sky need to tell us when Celtic's game is. January 7th then.

In all seriousness I don't know but you can bet it won't be at a time of peak interest (i.e. immediately after the 3rd round games have completed) or on a time that's outside the blazers' working hours (probably 10-3, Monday to Wednesday). The previous season's fourth round draw took place the Monday after the third round ties so I would expect it within the next week.

Billy Whizz
23-11-2015, 08:53 PM
Good question. You would expect it to be on Monday but was on the Thursday after the last round. Nothing on SFA site, superb promotion of our national tournament!

Thanks, had a look on the website and saw nothing, you're probably right though about them, although you'd have thought Ladbrokes would be wanting maximum publicity

lord bunberry
24-11-2015, 12:50 AM
It won't be on the Saturday that's for sure. The Blazers wouldn't be able to organise a lavish lunch that day, it will be on the Monday around 14:00 after they've finished scoffing their food and drinking their free champagne.

linlithgowhibbie
24-11-2015, 06:56 AM
Its long long trip for the Rosey Posey on Saturday,,,,, Wick Academy away.

Buses leave about 08:00 and get back about 23:00:not worth​

GordonHFC
24-11-2015, 07:49 AM

Remember going to watch the Rose in my younger days. Colin Sinclair was a favourite then.

Waxy
24-11-2015, 08:56 AM
Whats up with the cup? Last few years we've started in december.

scoopyboy
24-11-2015, 09:30 AM
Whats up with the cup? Last few years we've started in december.

Hearts complained they got knocked out in the same year they won it and haven't won a game or scored a goal since. :greengrin:greengrin:greengrin

Salt N Sauzee
24-11-2015, 09:43 AM
Hearts complained they got knocked out in the same year they won it and haven't won a game or scored a goal since. :greengrin:greengrin:greengrin

Just had a wee look online.

They've won no games, scored no goals and conceded 12 since "that day"

I'm sure they'll all say they'd rather have their 5-1 though :yw:

Mikey09
24-11-2015, 09:50 AM
LTHV away to Huntly. Anyone know much about the Highland league side? Are they one of the clubs in that league that are throwing money at the team?

HibsNutter
24-11-2015, 01:15 PM

Wouldn't you?

Edson Arantes
24-11-2015, 01:25 PM

:aok:

Billy Whizz
24-11-2015, 01:42 PM

And hope it remains like this for another few years or so

Big_Franck
24-11-2015, 01:50 PM
LTHV away to Huntly. Anyone know much about the Highland league side? Are they one of the clubs in that league that are throwing money at the team?

Huntly have been struggling recently and their manager has just quit after being on leave for personal problems for a while. Not sure exactly how strong the Highland League is but it'll be stronger than the East of Scotland League i'd think.

Lothian will be in with a chance but the bookies seem to have made Huntly slight favourites.

Since90+2
24-11-2015, 02:27 PM
Huntly have been struggling recently and their manager has just quit after being on leave for personal problems for a while. Not sure exactly how strong the Highland League is but it'll be stronger than the East of Scotland League i'd think.

Lothian will be in with a chance but the bookies seem to have made Huntly slight favourites.

Lothian are 5/4 favourites with William Hill.

Mikey09
24-11-2015, 11:39 PM

Thanks. :aok:

I know there is a **** load of cash being thrown around in the Highland League and I think Callum Antell signed for Nairn County for silly money. Wasn't sure if Huntly were doing this as well. Lothian have a cracking side and having disposed of Montrose in the previous round after a replay I think the bookies would be silly to write them off! I fancy Lothian for another win and hopefully draw a big club in round 4...

fatbloke
25-11-2015, 01:22 AM
Thanks, had a look on the website and saw nothing, you're probably right though about them, although you'd have thought Ladbrokes would be wanting maximum publicity
Those who purport to rum our game could not promote two teams from a two team league where the top two go up:greengrin

Scott Allan Key
25-11-2015, 10:06 AM

'Karma's a bitch' springs to mind.

PatHead
25-11-2015, 03:26 PM
Just phoned the SFA, got through to the right department at the 3rd time of asking and the draw will be made on -

"well they don't know yet, it hasn't been decided, it will be soon and they will post it on the website as soon as they know"

Unbelievable

Diclonius
25-11-2015, 04:14 PM
Just phoned the SFA, got through to the right department at the 3rd time of asking and the draw will be made on -

"well they don't know yet, it hasn't been decided, it will be soon and they will post it on the website as soon as they know"

Unbelievable

You're wrong. It is believable.

The blazers probably haven't found a date where none of them are on holiday/"fact finding" overseas.

NORTHERNHIBBY
25-11-2015, 04:17 PM

I think they officially killed the cup.

brog
25-11-2015, 06:01 PM

Unbelievable

Even by SFA standards that is shocking. Never was the acronym for Stupid F****** A**holes more appropriate!

Sergey
25-11-2015, 06:53 PM
Even by SFA standards that is shocking. Never was the acronym for Stupid F****** A**holes more appropriate!

They're more incompetent than the hierarchy of the Pub Leagues in England.

HibernianJK
25-11-2015, 07:51 PM
Is it just me that thinks all teams participating should enter in the first round? Would be great for the game IMO even if it did provide some scheduling niggles.

BoomtownHibees
25-11-2015, 07:58 PM

So would I. In fact I would take a 1-0 win against them in the final and then us never to score another goal in the cup for the rest of my days

SuperAllyMcleod
25-11-2015, 08:10 PM

They haven't even kicked a ball in the competition in 2015! They were knocked out in Dec 2014 and won't play until Jan 2016.

lord bunberry
25-11-2015, 08:23 PM

Unbelievable
The games are on Saturday but they don't know when the draw is going to be. They couldn't run a bath.

Baldy Foghorn
25-11-2015, 08:35 PM
The games are on Saturday but they don't know when the draw is going to be. They couldn't run a bath.

Too busy covering their tracks over Sevco fiasco

Alfred E Newman
25-11-2015, 08:49 PM

It's farcical but with these muppets in charge its no surprise.

Jonnyboy
25-11-2015, 09:11 PM
Hello, is that the SFA?

Yes it is, why?

Just wondering when the cup draw will be made?

Erm, we're holding off because we don't want to make the draw and then find one of the participants has gone bust.

Oh aye, which participant would that be?

Click, brrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Sir David Gray
25-11-2015, 09:44 PM

Unbelievable

I wish it was unbelievable.

Piss ups and breweries spring to mind as far as the SFA is concerned.

flash
25-11-2015, 10:35 PM
It will be when it is. People getting steamed up about stuff like this really do have too much time on their hands.

Nutmegged
26-11-2015, 01:20 AM
The SFA will be waiting for William Hill to make the call, the tail truly does wag the dog inside Hampden.

wick hibby
26-11-2015, 02:01 PM

hi team is coming up the day before

brog
26-11-2015, 03:34 PM
It will be when it is. People getting steamed up about stuff like this really do have too much time on their hands.

It's a sad reflection on our game. Football, along with all other sports is competing for attention against a whole raft of other entertainment attractions. If the people running football can't promote our game properly then all clubs, including Hibs suffer. The SFA website still has no details on the draw but it's home page is promoting the Womens' cup final which took place 3 weeks ago! I don't really understand your sniffy comment, if you have no interest why were you reading a thread entitled " Scottish cup 4th round draw "? Too much time on your hands? :wink:

iwasthere1972
28-11-2015, 11:04 AM
It's on Tuesday at 2pm. SSN.

Billy Whizz
28-11-2015, 12:57 PM

Good spot, hope we get a favourable tie, and it's on the Saturday, not the Sunday

PatHead
28-11-2015, 12:58 PM
Good spot, hope we get a favourable tie, and it's on the Saturday, not the Sunday

Any tie at home. Need to get value for my cup top up this season.

Billy Whizz
28-11-2015, 01:01 PM
Any tie at home. Need to get value for my cup top up this season.

I'm hoping to go to Spain on the Sunday morning with the lads until Friday, if it's a Sunday game I'm knackered

Hibby Bairn
28-11-2015, 01:34 PM

Prime time again. Excellent bit of exposure there. Sure to be millions tuning in. Sponsors must be thrilled.

😎

PatHead
28-11-2015, 02:09 PM
I'm hoping to go to Spain on the Sunday morning with the lads until Friday, if it's a Sunday game I'm knackered

You aren't looking for sympathy, are you Billy?