PDA

View Full Version : Development game v Motherwell (Tuesday 7.30pm ko)

Billy Whizz
23-11-2015, 12:58 PM
Just a reminder to anyone who may want to go, Hibs development game against Motherwell is tomorrow night, 7.30pm KO at Ainslie park

Ronniekirk
23-11-2015, 01:10 PM
Just a reminder to anyone who may want to go, Hibs development game against Motherwell is tomorrow night, 7.30pm KO at Ainslie park

Billy , Have you changed your Avatar on a strong belief we are going to win Silverware this season ,,or did you just fancy a change .

Billy Whizz
23-11-2015, 01:31 PM
Billy , Have you changed your Avatar on a strong belief we are going to win Silverware this season ,,or did you just fancy a change .

Are you stalking me Ronnie😄
Was through at the Hampden museum recently, took a photo of this prized cup, and thought I'd have a wee change

Ronniekirk
23-11-2015, 03:27 PM
Are you stalking me Ronnie
Was through at the Hampden museum recently, took a photo of this prized cup, and thought I'd have a wee change

Just very observant and off work ill so bored .,but genuinely was interested if it was a sign of increased confidence ,but it was just a change you wanted The museum at Hampden is always worth a visit

Billy Whizz
24-11-2015, 05:41 PM
4 first team squad players start tonight, Regeuro, Eckersley, Stanton and Anier. Also good to see Crane back from injury

scoopyboy
24-11-2015, 05:43 PM
4 first team squad players start tonight, Regeuro, Eckersley, Stanton and Anier. Also good to see Crane back from injury

Out of the five you mention it is Crane that pleases me most.

blackpoolhibs
24-11-2015, 05:45 PM

No Feruz, he's not going to get fit enough for a decent run in the first team if he wont play in these games.

Ronniekirk
24-11-2015, 05:52 PM

Bily ,i will Be interested to see if you think thete is an improvement with Anier ,since his last outing ,given Stubbs has gone on record stating he feels he has a role to play going forward onto new year .
had forgotton about Stanton and you would think he has to go out on loan in Januay ,as cant see him featuring for us mutch .
Still find it strange Islam isnt getting game time ,as he clearly needs it ,and isnt getting it with the first team ,apart from cameo short subs appearances that leave you still wondering what he can really do
Eckersley is clearly only going go get game time if Stubbs feels Lewis needs a rest .

scoopyboy
24-11-2015, 06:07 PM
No Feruz, he's not going to get fit enough for a decent run in the first team if he wont play in these games.

He's on holiday!!!!!!!

Billy Whizz
24-11-2015, 06:27 PM
It's Baltic here! Strong Motherwell team with Hammell Clarkson and Lasley all playing

AlbertK86
24-11-2015, 06:35 PM
Bily ,i will Be interested to see if you think thete is an improvement with Anier ,since his last outing ,given Stubbs has gone on record stating he feels he has a role to play going forward onto new year . had forgotton about Stanton and you would think he has to go out on loan in Januay ,as cant see him featuring for us mutch . Still find it strange Islam isnt getting game time ,as he clearly needs it ,and isnt getting it with the first team ,apart from cameo short subs appearances that leave you still wondering what he can really do Eckersley is clearly only going go get game time if Stubbs feels Lewis needs a rest .

Did somebody not think Lewis was only a booking or so away from suspension. If true Eckersley I'll get a chance if he gets suspended

Jim44
24-11-2015, 06:35 PM
He's on holiday!!!!!!!

:confused::confused::confused:

sleeping giant
24-11-2015, 06:36 PM
He's on holiday!!!!!!!

Honestly ? Is he actually away on holiday ?

Col2
24-11-2015, 06:44 PM
Big month coming up for Feruz and Anier. Both on loan for season but given Stubbs has already said he might want to add one or two in Jan and he said that another forward may be in his list, he can't yet be convinced.

I can't help thinking one of these two if not both will go back to parent club unless they make more of an impact and then allows Stubbs to bring in one. Step forward Mr D Riordan..... It's not totally out of the question is it?

scoopyboy
24-11-2015, 06:46 PM
:confused::confused::confused:

All the first team squad have been given several days off.

A few are going to EM for treatment and a few feel the break is too long and are going in to train before they are due back.

Others will meet up again on Friday for their Christmas night out, destination to remain a secret incase Der Hun try and cause damage. :greengrin

Ronniekirk
24-11-2015, 06:48 PM

Thought it was toungev in cheek meaning to date he has been on an extended holiday up here in Scotland ,given how little game time he has had including for the development team . I think if he is as good as he thinks he should be proving it at development level banging in the goals improving his game fitness and game awareness and giving Stubbs something to think about

The Sundance Kid
24-11-2015, 06:52 PM
Did somebody not think Lewis was only a booking or so away from suspension. If true Eckersley I'll get a chance if he gets suspended

Think he's still two bookings away from a league suspension.

On the topic of suspensions I noticed that, assuming it's still the rule that 2 bookings throughout the League Cup gets you suspended, then we'll be going into the semi final against St Johnstone with Hanlon, Oxley, Gray, Bartley, Malonga, Fyvie and Henderson all a booking away from missing the final should we get there. Obviously some way away from having to worry about this but not an ideal position to be in, here's hoping it isn't a dirty game!

Green Fish
24-11-2015, 06:52 PM
Big month coming up for Feruz and Anier. Both on loan for season but given Stubbs has already said he might want to add one or two in Jan and he said that another forward may be in his list, he can't yet be convinced.

I can't help thinking one of these two if not both will go back to parent club unless they make more of an impact and then allows Stubbs to bring in one. Step forward Mr D Riordan..... It's not totally out of the question is it?
Would like to see feruz given a decent chance but hasn't shown much yet.

Sent from my E2303 using Tapatalk

O'Rourke3
24-11-2015, 07:09 PM
Any score?

Billy Whizz
24-11-2015, 07:18 PM
Any score?

0-0 ht, Crane hit the post early doors

oconnors_strip
24-11-2015, 07:19 PM
Any score?

0-0. Not much to report about in the first half

Andy74
24-11-2015, 07:31 PM
Thought it was toungev in cheek meaning to date he has been on an extended holiday up here in Scotland ,given how little game time he has had including for the development team . I think if he is as good as he thinks he should be proving it at development level banging in the goals improving his game fitness and game awareness and giving Stubbs something to think about

Perhaps he is seen as a first team player that doesn't need to prove his fitness and just isn't playing because otters are playing well?

stantonhibby
24-11-2015, 07:33 PM
Perhaps he is seen as a first team player that doesn't need to prove his fitness and just isn't playing because otters are playing well?

Is it really that wet?

NadeAteMyLunch!
24-11-2015, 07:34 PM

On the topic of suspensions I noticed that, assuming it's still the rule that 2 bookings throughout the League Cup gets you suspended, then we'll be going into the semi final against St Johnstone with Hanlon, Oxley, Gray, Bartley, Malonga, Fyvie and Henderson all a booking away from missing the final should we get there. Obviously some way away from having to worry about this but not an ideal position to be in, here's hoping it isn't a dirty game!

Missing a final due to two bookings in previous rounds is right up there with the worst rules in football. Absolutely honking

Andy74
24-11-2015, 07:35 PM
Is it really that wet?

It is. Tricky to get your way past an otter that is playing well.

FranckSuzy
24-11-2015, 07:42 PM
Is it really that wet?

:faf: That's a stoater!

HUTCHYHIBBY
24-11-2015, 07:46 PM
Time to call a holt on these puns! :-)

Onceinawhile
24-11-2015, 07:51 PM
1-0 shaw

Ronniekirk
24-11-2015, 07:52 PM

Well if that's the case he isn't going to get mutch game time , but maybe when Anier has played enough development games to get match fit he will be in the same boat ,who knows :rolleyes:

SausageSurprise
24-11-2015, 07:54 PM

Because we entered in the first round its increased to allow three bookings. That was the case with Kevin Thomson in 2004 when he thought he would be suspended in the dressing room after beating the late, not so great Glasgow Rangers on pens. We entered a round later in the second round that year so I assume this is still the case

Ronniekirk
24-11-2015, 07:55 PM
Time to call a holt on these puns! :-)

Watch out you may get pelt ers for suggesting that :wink:

The Sundance Kid
24-11-2015, 07:58 PM
Because we entered in the first round its increased to allow three bookings. That was the case with Kevin Thomson in 2004 when he thought he would be suspended in the dressing room after beating the late, not so great Glasgow Rangers on pens. We entered a round later in the second round that year so I assume this is still the case

Good news, hopefully still the rules then. Does seem ridiculously harsh for a player to pick up 2 bookings over the course of 5 games and miss a final as a result

Onceinawhile
24-11-2015, 07:58 PM
1-1

Onceinawhile
24-11-2015, 08:10 PM
2-1 crane

SausageSurprise
24-11-2015, 08:12 PM
Good news, hopefully still the rules then. Does seem ridiculously harsh for a player to pick up 2 bookings over the course of 5 games and miss a final as a result

I always remember Gordon Smith bumping his gums about it being a stupid rule for years when he was working as a pundit, then he becomes the head boy at the SFA/SPL/YMCA whatever they called themselves at the time and now roughly 5 years after he left the same rule still stands

brog
24-11-2015, 08:17 PM
2-1 crane

Apparently a great goal. Good to see him back.

Onceinawhile
24-11-2015, 08:20 PM
2-1 ft

FranckSuzy
24-11-2015, 08:20 PM
Apparently a great goal. Good to see him back.

Irvine Welsh ‏@IrvineWelsh (https://twitter.com/IrvineWelsh) 4 mins4 minutes ago (https://twitter.com/IrvineWelsh/status/669263472065191936) Irvine Welsh Retweeted Hibernian FC
That should give the whole team a lift.

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/666193805280956416/ZbXqVXFf_bigger.jpg Hibernian FC Verified account ‏@HibsOfficial (https://twitter.com/HibsOfficial)

82: What a stoater! The ball falls to Crane and he hits an unbelievable half-volley into the top corner via the post from 35 yards out! 2-1!

:thumbsup:

Ronniekirk
24-11-2015, 08:24 PM
Irvine Welsh ‏@IrvineWelsh (https://twitter.com/IrvineWelsh) 4 mins4 minutes ago (https://twitter.com/IrvineWelsh/status/669263472065191936) Irvine Welsh Retweeted Hibernian FC
That should give the whole team a lift.

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/666193805280956416/ZbXqVXFf_bigger.jpg Hibernian FC Verified account ‏@HibsOfficial (https://twitter.com/HibsOfficial)

82: What a stoater! The ball falls to Crane and he hits an unbelievable half-volley into the top corner via the post from 35 yards out! 2-1!

:thumbsup:

Stoater of a goal and you predicted it would be that Spooky :wink:

NadeAteMyLunch!
24-11-2015, 08:31 PM
Out of the five you mention it is Crane that pleases me most.

Sounds like he done well this evening!

O'Rourke3
24-11-2015, 08:38 PM
Could we build a team with a Crane? (Sounds of coat being fetched)

FranckSuzy
24-11-2015, 08:43 PM
Stoater of a goal and you predicted it would be that Spooky :wink:

:tee hee:

Billy Whizz
24-11-2015, 08:49 PM

As Hibs went in to the cup in an earlier round, I'm presuming that's it's 3 bookings for a suspension?

Billy Whizz
24-11-2015, 08:52 PM
Just home, really good 2nd half from Hibs, some decent performances and 2 good goals. Good to see some of the 1st team squad got 90 mins.
My feet are still freezing though!

BOB MARLEYS DUG
24-11-2015, 09:05 PM
Just home, really good 2nd half from Hibs, some decent performances and 2 good goals. Good to see some of the 1st team squad got 90 mins.
My feet are still freezing though!

How did Anier get on?

Billy Whizz
24-11-2015, 09:14 PM
How did Anier get on?

Got his 1st 90 mins of the season behind him, and looked stronger than 2 weeks ago against Hearts. Some nice touches and good runs, but you have to remember this is effectively his preseason

SausageSurprise
24-11-2015, 09:14 PM
How did Anier get on?

Probably with a stretcher and crutches 😛

cmcd
24-11-2015, 09:15 PM
big month coming up for feruz and anier. Both on loan for season but given stubbs has already said he might want to add one or two in jan and he said that another forward may be in his list, he can't yet be convinced.

I can't help thinking one of these two if not both will go back to parent club unless they make more of an impact and then allows stubbs to bring in one. Step forward mr d riordan..... It's not totally out of the question is it?

yes

silverhibee
24-11-2015, 10:04 PM

Would Scoopy tell porkies.

silverhibee
24-11-2015, 10:05 PM
All the first team squad have been given several days off.

A few are going to EM for treatment and a few feel the break is too long and are going in to train before they are due back.

Others will meet up again on Friday for their Christmas night out, destination to remain a secret incase Der Hun try and cause damage. :greengrin

Hope they have a good bonding time. :wink::greengrin

scoopyboy
24-11-2015, 10:15 PM
Hope they have a good bonding time. :wink::greengrin

Fancy dress as well Silv.

Regarding Islam Feruz I don't know for certain but a break of the length Hibs have given the players is almost unheard of, it gives players like Feruz and Fontaine a chance to visit their families for a few days if they so desire.

silverhibee
24-11-2015, 10:31 PM

Regarding Islam Feruz I don't know for certain but a break of the length Hibs have given the players is almost unheard of, it gives players like Feruz and Fontaine a chance to visit their families for a few days if they so desire.

When i heard the length of time off i was pretty amazed as well, but hopefully they all come back raring to go again after there weekend away and get back to winning ways again. :agree:

oconnors_strip
24-11-2015, 10:33 PM

Mcginn has gone to Berlin during the time off

S4uzee
24-11-2015, 10:47 PM
When i heard the length of time off i was pretty amazed as well, but hopefully they all come back raring to go again after there weekend away and get back to winning ways again. :agree:

How long do they have off? A week?

Halifaxhibby
25-11-2015, 01:59 AM
How did Anier get on?

Couple of nice touches but to be honest, an international player with such a pedigree according to some .netters should be doing better at this level. He won't make it at hibs. I will put my hard hat on again he aint gonna make it here. Nothing against the guy. Think he defo does try but he won't break into the first team EVER.
Didnt make it at fundee utd. If we have any aspirations we empty him in january and get insall back and on a short lead.

worcesterhibby
25-11-2015, 10:07 AM
Didnt make it at fundee utd. If we have any aspirations we empty him in january and get insall back and on a short lead.

Install ??? he's from Worcester..everyone knows that everyone from Worcester is a complete loser

JimBHibees
25-11-2015, 10:09 AM
Install ??? he's from Worcester..everyone knows that everyone from Worcester is a complete loser

Well you should know. :greengrin

Golden Bear
25-11-2015, 10:16 AM
Well you should know. :greengrin

Now now, there's absolutely no need to be so saucy towards a fellow poster.

JimBHibees
25-11-2015, 10:18 AM

Oh dear. :greengrin

JimBHibees
25-11-2015, 10:20 AM

Would be better served getting himself properly fit.

worcesterhibby
25-11-2015, 10:22 AM

I do get funny looks round here when I suggest we go out on the sauce !

scoopyboy
25-11-2015, 10:34 AM
Would be better served getting himself properly fit.

I would agree with that, put it this way AS will be well aware of what guys rolled up voluntarily to EM to do extra work.

jdships
25-11-2015, 10:43 AM
Nice to see Crane on the scoresheet
Gives us a " LIFT" :devil:

H18S NX
25-11-2015, 11:38 AM
Gives us a " LIFT" :devil:I like the cut of your jib...

w pilton hibby
25-11-2015, 12:10 PM

Cracker of a hit. There's 10 minutes of highlights from Ainslie Park on the Motherwell website.

http://www.motherwellfc.co.uk/2015/11/24/tv-highlights-from-ainslie-park/

jdships
25-11-2015, 12:51 PM
I like the cut of your jib...

Think we both should " sling our hooks " :taxi