PDA

View Full Version : They might be giants

Treadstone
23-11-2015, 12:05 PM
http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11788/10074474/manager-mark-warburton-admitted-rangers-lacked-quality

Why isn't this Magic hat statement not getting the ridicule it deserves.

He also said Livingston were a stronger side physically: "Look at our opponents today. There are guys there who are 6ft 2in and 6ft 3in. "

You ok hun?

Smartie
23-11-2015, 12:10 PM
Say, he's got a bee in his bonnet!

livi hibs 1875
23-11-2015, 12:16 PM
Say, he's got a bee in his bonnet!
Hey did you know , Istanbul was once constantinople

greenginger
23-11-2015, 12:25 PM
http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11788/10074474/manager-mark-warburton-admitted-rangers-lacked-quality

Why isn't this Magic hat statement not getting the ridicule it deserves.

He also said Livingston were a stronger side physically: "Look at our opponents today. There are guys there who are 6ft 2in and 6ft 3in. "

You ok hun?

Hunny, I've shrunk the team ! :greengrin

easty
23-11-2015, 12:25 PM
It's a simple message, and he's leaving out the whistles and bells

PISTOL1875
23-11-2015, 12:29 PM
Warburton is full of excuses.. He cannot accept the fact that his team against Hibs and Livi were just not good enough..

jacomo
23-11-2015, 02:02 PM
How very dare other teams field players who are taller than The Rangers? Or shorter/quicker/better...

O'Rourke3
23-11-2015, 02:13 PM
It all started with a Big Bang

Sent via the bushes @ EM

SeanWilson
23-11-2015, 02:17 PM
Respectfully, do one!

Edson Arantes
23-11-2015, 02:19 PM
Absolute nerve of them.

Potentially they might have an equal chance when playing Der Hun.

Can't be having that.

Bostonhibby
23-11-2015, 02:22 PM
Surely the rangers should only have to play against very small players? Maybe even children, at least until they are promoted.

Nae kaffliks either would probably work for them

Broken Gnome
23-11-2015, 02:39 PM
Kinda contracting his possession rants after we beat them with that rambling nonsense.

greenlex
23-11-2015, 03:11 PM
Kinda contracting his possession rants after we beat them with that rambling nonsense. Exacrly this. No coincidence that Livi played the same tactic of sitting back and let them have the ball as we did. They again did little with it. No space for their full backs to get in behind and they struggle. I hope other sides are taking note. Warbsy has a plan A but thats it. In short after the first round of games they have been found out.

hibees 7062
23-11-2015, 03:13 PM
Bet he doesn't want to see these stat's

Smartie
23-11-2015, 03:17 PM
I went onto Rangers Media last night and they were slaughtering their team's ability to break down teams that are only interested in defending.

I posit that it is who best manages to conquer this failing out of ourselves and The Rangers that will win the league this year.

Andy74
23-11-2015, 04:33 PM
I think his comment about their height was a criticism of the way his players were trying to break them down. I don't think he was saying it in defence of how they played.

If you read it through he is saying that they should have been far more patient in trying to break them down and not lumping high balls into the box when they have the height in there to cope with it.

Broken Gnome
23-11-2015, 04:41 PM
I think his comment about their height was a criticism of the way his players were trying to break them down. I don't think he was saying it in defence of how they played.

If you read it through he is saying that they should have been far more patient in trying to break them down and not lumping high balls into the box when they have the height in there to cope with it.

Away with your context. It was a tantrum. He had tears in his eyes when he said it. Probably lying on the floor at the same time beating his fists on the ground. No question.

portycabbage
23-11-2015, 04:53 PM
The Rangers can't afford tall players because they're too busy paying taxes and that. Livi are cheating with their ETB's (Extra Tall *******s).

GreenLake
23-11-2015, 04:57 PM
Hey did you know , Istanbul was once constantinople

Byzantium too

CorrieHibs
23-11-2015, 05:07 PM
It's kind of like what we were last year. Struggling to break teams that sit in. Rangers seem to struggle to grind these out, whilst we are doing it.

Always good to score 3,4 or 5. But I'm happy with us grinding results. Hopefully the Huns will drop more points by the 28th. They have a couple of difficult trips to kirkcaldy and Falkirk. Places where we have picked up the 3 points 😀.

greenlex
23-11-2015, 05:10 PM
Byzantium too

Is that not what Hugh Jackman is made of in Wolverine?

Keith_M
23-11-2015, 05:15 PM
Byzantium too

....and it used to be in Greece.

Andy74
23-11-2015, 05:37 PM
It's kind of like what we were last year. Struggling to break teams that sit in. Rangers seem to struggle to grind these out, whilst we are doing it.

Always good to score 3,4 or 5. But I'm happy with us grinding results. Hopefully the Huns will drop more points by the 28th. They have a couple of difficult trips to kirkcaldy and Falkirk. Places where we have picked up the 3 points 😀.

Hopefully you are right that they might be starting to struggle with breaking teams down. As it stands though they have scored a fair amount of goals so it's early to say that they are doing any worse than us on that front.

Bostonhibby
23-11-2015, 05:57 PM
The Rangers can't afford tall players because they're too busy paying taxes and that. Livi are cheating with their ETB's (Extra Tall *******s).

:greengrin

PatHead
23-11-2015, 08:10 PM
They have only scored more than 1 goal once in their last 5 games. Definitely slipping.

23-11-2015, 08:34 PM

:greengrin

GreenOnions
23-11-2015, 11:24 PM
I went onto Rangers Media last night and they were slaughtering their team's ability to break down teams that are only interested in defending.

I posit that it is who best manages to conquer this failing out of ourselves and The Rangers that will win the league this year.

I think this is a good point well made

davehiby
25-11-2015, 07:45 PM
....and it used to be in Greece.

is that in case it seized-up :cb

poolman
25-11-2015, 08:51 PM
I actually agree with him

It's time the SPFL ruled that no team should field players over 5'8" when playing Sevco

Dashing Bob S
25-11-2015, 09:20 PM
"It's about time this issue was raised, and we have to applaud Mark Warburton for standing up and being counted. Why are all those pundits and bloggers (who want to see Rangers fail), and who are lightening-quick to bring up what they refer to as 'cheating' so deafeningly silent on this issue? Why should the Ibrox club by forced to play against bigger, heavier players? I can think of no other sports where this would be tolerated. In boxing you would never have a lightweight squaring up against a heavyweight, yet Rangers are expected to put themselves in physical jeopardy every time they walk onto the pitch. But it's never been the Ibrox way to complain about unjust treatment meted out to them. No. Rangers prefer -in the tradition of colossus-like figures such as Bill Struth and Willie Waddell- to just get on with things, going about their tasks with quiet, and often thankless dignity. But even a colossus finds it hard going against a gargantuan Lion. The stoicism of Rangers is a heartening lesson to us all. Surely in this instance though, the victimised club are entitled to demand to the heartless football authorities that Livingston are made to forfeit the points from this fixture? Natural justice dictates that all three points must go to Rangers. But it won't happen, and this is the great shame of Scottish football. It's just as well that Rangers don't do walking away, because if they did, then they most certainly would, taking Scottish football down the plug hole in the process. But it has never been the Ibrox way to put self-interest before the common good. It's called dignity. It's called pride. It's called tradition. And it's just as well for Scotland that some still uphold it." - Daily Record

portycabbage
25-11-2015, 11:03 PM
Livi aren't the only ones who've been sneakily signing footballers who are tall. Guess who's been cheating again.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11790/2347619/hearts-complete-tall-order