PDA

View Full Version : Weekly Sportscene Moan

O'Rourke3
22-11-2015, 11:02 PM
Just seen Bobby Ball score 2 goals around May 1986. Wonder if it's anything to do with highlights of Hearts vs Dundee?

pedroorange1875
22-11-2015, 11:03 PM
Absolutely excellent standard of programming tonight. really turned the corner this program. hope it continues

Particularly loved Albert Kidd's second :agree::thumbsup:

GlesgaeHibby
22-11-2015, 11:04 PM
Absolutely excellent standard of programming tonight. really turned the corner this program. hope it continues

Particularly loved Albert Kidd's second :agree::thumbsup:

Some goal from kidd!! Loved it, bet yogi did too.

Bishop Hibee
22-11-2015, 11:04 PM
I've always liked the Beeb 😀

poolman
22-11-2015, 11:06 PM
Brilliant 😁

Seveno
22-11-2015, 11:06 PM
Well done to Sportscene to precede the Hearts v Dundee match with memories of Sir Albert. Meanwhile, 400,000 TVs are switched off in Gorgie.

Bostonhibby
22-11-2015, 11:11 PM
They've probably all went to their wardrobes to dust off the champions tee shirts they were so fond of wearing around that time.

Sir David Gray
22-11-2015, 11:13 PM
Always knew this programme was going places. :agree:

Smartie
22-11-2015, 11:20 PM
I'm watching it for the first time in months.

Is it always this good?

Albert Kidd, Rangers dropping points, 2 pundits with a fondness for Hibs. Oh, and they have shown Jason Cummings' winning goal too.

I want to see more of my license-fee getting spent in this way.

O'Rourke3
22-11-2015, 11:21 PM
5 mins of Rangers and 4 seconds of Hibs. More highlights from StM v M......

steakbake
22-11-2015, 11:26 PM
I counted the Hibs bit as a grand total of 25 seconds

monktonharp
22-11-2015, 11:32 PM
I've always liked the Beeb sorry, but If the beeb told me tomorrow was definitely Monday, I would double check with comments from other news venues. maybe even Fox news. :wink:

monktonharp
22-11-2015, 11:38 PM
I'm watching it for the first time in months.

I want to see more of my license-fee getting spent in this way.I am actively looking at other ways of watching the 3 tv.s in ma hoose, without incurring a hefty fine,or indeed jail rather than paying a liscence on a point of principle.:cb

NadeAteMyLunch!
22-11-2015, 11:43 PM
That was a great watch. Poor Jambos. At least they won the Scottish cup the week after I guess

Sir David Gray
22-11-2015, 11:54 PM
That was a great watch. Poor Jambos. At least they won the Scottish cup the week after I guess

True. Surely a team like The Famous wouldn't get to the final day of the league campaign with a chance of winning the title and also get to the final of the Scottish Cup and fail to win neither of them.

NadeAteMyLunch!
22-11-2015, 11:57 PM
True. Surely a team like The Famous wouldn't get to the final day of the league campaign with a chance of winning the title and also get to the final of the Scottish Cup and fail to win neither of them.

I wouldn't imagine so. Far too famous for that

Scott Allan Key
23-11-2015, 12:07 AM
I am actively looking at other ways of watching the 3 tv.s in ma hoose, without incurring a hefty fine,or indeed jail rather than paying a liscence on a point of principle.:cb

Stream your TV from Roku device, Chromecast etc. I use Roku but watched live sport inadvertently on Sky through Now TV. It was clear they were monitoring as very next day I got inspection request. Next time I will go down the local. Not just Beeb that requires licence I found, it was any live transmission.

I am hopeful if we do start to appear as likely Champiionship winners we will get coverage we deserve. We, like it or not, have been a joke team to those in BBC Scotland, partly down to how badly we had been run on and off the field as a football club, sports journalists and footballers don't understand business on the whole we have found out. As we sustain forward momentum we'll be crowed over as we were in Mowbray's day. The trick will be not losing our players or manager but having capable succession strategies that doesn't involve pound signs lighting up in you know who's eyes and fire sales. I'm confident that Leeann has addressed this, and the Scott Allan storm in a tea cup is proof.

jacomo
23-11-2015, 12:08 AM
I am actively looking at other ways of watching the 3 tv.s in ma hoose, without incurring a hefty fine,or indeed jail rather than paying a liscence on a point of principle.:cb

You'll miss it when it's gone.

ALF TUPPER
23-11-2015, 12:09 AM
I counted the Hibs bit as a grand total of 25 seconds
I kept playing it back. 😊

iwasthere1972
23-11-2015, 12:30 AM
Sportscene. Absolute joke.

Liked the Bobby Ball part of it beating the team that ate, played and slept together as the then manager informed us.

Col2
23-11-2015, 07:23 AM
Couldn't see Craig 'I'm a Winner' Levein in that game?

I assume the footage just didn't catch him in action or was he cowering away somewhere too frightened at the prospect of a winner medal?

Torto7062
23-11-2015, 07:56 AM
They have this posted this morning.....

I do love to be cheered up on a Monday

http://bbc.in/1ldbRcx

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/scotland/34897102

Torto7062
23-11-2015, 07:58 AM
How do you post a video link....my phones gash 😂😂

--------
23-11-2015, 08:02 AM
Jings, those shorts were embarrassing ...

Just remind me - what exactly was the significance of this game again? :devil:

hibs0666
23-11-2015, 08:04 AM
Couldn't see Craig 'I'm a Winner' Levein in that game?

I assume the footage just didn't catch him in action or was he cowering away somewhere too frightened at the prospect of a winner medal?

He was out injured - broken pinky nail.

Torto7062
23-11-2015, 09:55 AM
Jings, those shorts were embarrassing ...

Just remind me - what exactly was the significance of this game again? :devil:

Sir Albert Kidd was born lol...

Still cannae get the link to work

SlickShoes
23-11-2015, 09:56 AM
Stream your TV from Roku device, Chromecast etc. I use Roku but watched live sport inadvertently on Sky through Now TV. It was clear they were monitoring as very next day I got inspection request. Next time I will go down the local. Not just Beeb that requires licence I found, it was any live transmission.

I am hopeful if we do start to appear as likely Champiionship winners we will get coverage we deserve. We, like it or not, have been a joke team to those in BBC Scotland, partly down to how badly we had been run on and off the field as a football club, sports journalists and footballers don't understand business on the whole we have found out. As we sustain forward momentum we'll be crowed over as we were in Mowbray's day. The trick will be not losing our players or manager but having capable succession strategies that doesn't involve pound signs lighting up in you know who's eyes and fire sales. I'm confident that Leeann has addressed this, and the Scott Allan storm in a tea cup is proof.

they will start covering hibs IF our promotion push starts to fall apart, until then they will continue to ignore and push the rangers agenda as certain champions.

DaveSo
23-11-2015, 10:34 AM
I could not believe John Hughes, a SPL manager no less, who seemed to not know what we all know.
He started going on about Rangers signing new players in January when we all know they have no money and will actually be selling players if offers come in.
I was shaking my head in disbelief at his comments.

DH1875
23-11-2015, 11:01 AM
Did he not also say something along the lines of hearts being his team of the season so far :(

At least Pat thinks we can do it :)

O'Rourke3
23-11-2015, 11:05 AM
To be fair to Yogi he's probably been handed a script....

Sent via the bushes @ EM

Lago
23-11-2015, 11:32 AM
I could not believe John Hughes, a SPL manager no less, who seemed to not know what we all know.
He started going on about Rangers signing new players in January when we all know they have no money and will actually be selling players if offers come in.
They may well be broke, but I bet they still manage to recruit in Jan.

Billy Whizz
23-11-2015, 11:34 AM
They may well be broke, but I bet they still manage to recruit in Jan.

If they beat St Mirren on Saturday in the Petrofac cup, could be a decent pay day at Hampden against Peterhead, though I don't think the final is until April
Come on the Saints

JeMeSouviens
23-11-2015, 01:45 PM
How do you post a video link....my phones gash 

Try this ...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/scotland/34897102

Seveno
23-11-2015, 01:55 PM
The second goal was so like Latapy's goal in the 6-2 match. At least I think so. Maybe I should watch it again to make sure. And again, and again...........

PatHead
23-11-2015, 02:06 PM
They are not bitter though. :greengrin

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/hearts-legend-sandy-clark-st-877336

Thecat23
23-11-2015, 02:18 PM

This really pisses me off. They blew it, nothing more nothing less! If they had won that day the league was there's. They collapsed in spectacular style and were left with nothing.

Now if they had done their job right, it wouldn't matter if Celtic scored 20 that day. Stop blaming others for the failure that is Heart Of Midlothian.

Bunch of ****ing clowns the lot of them.

Bostonhibby
23-11-2015, 02:25 PM
This really pisses me off. They blew it, nothing more nothing less! If they had won that day the league was there's. They collapsed in spectacular style and were left with nothing.

Now if they had done their job right, it wouldn't matter if Celtic scored 20 that day. Stop blaming others for the failure that is Heart Of Midlothian.

Bunch of ****ing clowns the lot of them.

So a big boy done it and ran away again? Wonder if it was the same one as stole the charity money and bumped all those creditors all those years later, it certainly can't be down to anything they did or didn't do.

I remember thinking at the time that all the yam had to do was win, you'd think Clarke would know that, but yammish types never have been good with numbers.

SuperAllyMcleod
23-11-2015, 02:28 PM

He can't even get his facts right - Celtic were 5 up before Dundee scored - it would make no difference if St Mirren eased up at that point.

Whenever the Jambos use this excuse I just point to the StMirren manager - Alex Miller, Rangers legend - no way was he going to let Celtic stroll that game if his team could stop them.

brog
23-11-2015, 02:35 PM

That's a classic! Only a Yam could complain about a Yam being appointed to ref their game! :confused: Mind you when Sandy Clark is described as a "legend" then it really puts Hawrts position in football into perspective!

iwasthere1972
23-11-2015, 03:45 PM

Plus he said that we were 8 points behind the Huns at one point when we all know that it was 11 points. I was waiting on Pat Nevin correcting him.

Pete
23-11-2015, 06:30 PM
A last day Shoot out and the SFA let the Hearts game be refereed by a Hearts fan? Kind of backfired that one though.

Think of that before the next time you accuse a Celtic fan of paranoia.

And Hearts fans, you should try going into an important game where the referee hates your guts and has no intention of letting you win.

Winston Ingram
23-11-2015, 09:40 PM

A glorious read:agree:

Sammy7nil
23-11-2015, 10:01 PM
A glorious read:agree:

Very funny article, he comes across as very bitter twat :greengrin

FranckSuzy
23-11-2015, 10:03 PM
IIRC, all the Hertz had to do was draw on that fateful day in May.......:lips seal

Sir David Gray
24-11-2015, 12:02 AM
IIRC, all the Hertz had to do was draw on that fateful day in May.......:lips seal

What happened, like?

Did they not manage a point in the end? :dunno:

Waxy
24-11-2015, 09:10 AM
IIRC, all the Hertz had to do was draw on that fateful day in May.......:lips sealEaster road went bananas that day. Wish the camaras were there.Lost to Dundee utd but no one cared.

Bostonhibby
24-11-2015, 09:13 AM
What happened, like?

Don't think it made any difference; they seem to have done the double that year anyway, at least that's what the T shirts that were around Edinburgh well beforehand said.

hibsbollah
24-11-2015, 09:23 AM
That's a classic! Only a Yam could complain about a Yam being appointed to ref their game! :confused: Mind you when Sandy Clark is described as a "legend" then it really puts Hawrts position in football into perspective!

Thats unfair, Sandy Clark has a distinguished career behind him, and has even won a trophy, The Forfarshire Cup in the late 90s with St Johnstone, even Gary 'Medals' Mackay never managed this. Quite an achievement.

FranckSuzy
24-11-2015, 09:26 AM
What happened, like?

Mita :agree: :greengrin

Forza Fred
24-11-2015, 09:52 AM
Sir Albert Kidd was born lol...

Still cannae get the link to work

In 2005 I had the honour of presenting St Alby with the retrospective Australia Branch player of the year award for 1985-86 at a function in Melbourne.

We flew Alby and his missus in from Adelaide and I flew down from Sydney to make the presentation.

As far As I am aware he is the only player to be honoured with a Hibs supporters branch player of the year award without kicking a ball for the Hibs.

Bostonhibby
24-11-2015, 09:54 AM
Thats unfair, Sandy Clark has a distinguished career behind him, and has even won a trophy, The Forfarshire Cup in the late 90s with St Johnstone, even Gary 'Medals' Mackay never managed this. Quite an achievement.

Wow, never knew that, sounds like another one who has "been places and done things"

Big in Forfarshire then, the go to person if you want to know how it feels to win said cup.

FranckSuzy
24-11-2015, 10:24 AM
In 2005 I had the honour of presenting St Alby with the retrospective Australia Branch player of the year award for 1985-86 at a function in Melbourne.

We flew Alby and his missus in from Adelaide and I flew down from Sydney to make the presentation.

As far As I am aware he is the only player to be honoured with a Hibs supporters branch player of the year award without kicking a ball for the Hibs.

This story always makes me :faf: Retrospective award :tee hee: :not worth

hibs0666
24-11-2015, 10:46 AM
Very funny article, he comes across as very bitter twat :greengrin

The Streets always come to mind at times like this...

Dry your eyes Clark
I know it’s hard to take but Crombie's mind was made up
There’s plenty more medals for you
Dry your eyes Clark
I know you want to make us see how much your pain hurts
But you’ve got to walk away now
It’s over

You were just standin’ there, couldn't say a word
‘Cause Albert Kidd score two
You got nothin’
Absolutely nothin’

I know in the past you’ve found it hard to say
Tellin’ us things, but not tellin’ straight
But the more you feel, the more you need to say
The more we laugh away

Dry your eyes Clark
I know it’s hard to take but Love Street was a stitch up
There’s a Forfar Cup medal for you
Dry your eyes Clark
I know you want to make us see how much your pain hurts
But you’ve got to walk away now
It’s over

JeMeSouviens
24-11-2015, 11:09 AM
He can't even get his facts right - Celtic were 5 up before Dundee scored - it would make no difference if St Mirren eased up at that point.

Whenever the Jambos use this excuse I just point to the StMirren manager - Alex Miller, Rangers legend - no way was he going to let Celtic stroll that game if his team could stop them.

... and Celtic only needed a 4 goal swing because they had scored more goals. Since Hearts had to lose for Celtic to win the league, the biggest win Celtic could ever have needed was by 3 goals. Since Hearts lost 2-0, a 2-0 win for Celtic would've been enough.

PatHead
24-11-2015, 11:15 AM
Got talking about "that" day in the office with the resident Jambo.

He described it as the worst day in his life. Am I a bad person for smiling and feeling good about that?

Ronster117
24-11-2015, 02:26 PM
Got talking about "that" day in the office with the resident Jambo.

He described it as the worst day in his life. Am I a bad person for smiling and feeling good about that?
Every Hibernian supporter is a bad person if that's the case, not only a wry smile, but a full blown laugh every time I think of them crying at dens.:agree:

iwasthere1972
24-11-2015, 02:56 PM
Whenever I see that Jambo 5-1 thingy I think they mean Celtic scored 5 and we only needed 1. :wink:

southsider
25-11-2015, 03:31 PM
Every Hibernian supporter is a bad person if that's the case, not only a wry smile, but a full blown laugh every time I think of them crying at dens.:agree:

I know of a car load of Hibs girls who went to the bridge and blew kisses at the marron (maroon) clad bus loads in tears.

monktonharp
25-11-2015, 11:08 PM
Wow. never realised how much Sir ALBERT'S 2nd looked like wee Latapy's 6-2 goal. In fact, Sir ALBERT actually breezed past a midfielder, took on another couple then done the 1-2 before scoring. Maybe that's why I liked him so much, for his professional approach to the game so late on, or maybe it was for a totally different reason. btw, he disnae half look like one o' they scouse gadges that say: Awrites, awrites, am awrites, you awrites?

Aldo
26-11-2015, 07:39 AM
Yam associates to this day still believe they finished joint 1st!! I informed them that was indeed incorrect and that the 'Official' table has them 2nd. They still don't get it!

Outstanding double for them that season.

Bostonhibby
26-11-2015, 08:39 AM
Yam associates to this day still believe they finished joint 1st!! I informed them that was indeed incorrect and that the 'Official' table has them 2nd. They still don't get it!

Outstanding double for them that season.
Never knew there was an equal first in that situation.

So medals mackay got his winners medal after all but typically isn't bragging about it. Nice for him.

Presumably the cup final that year was technically a draw as well?

So they never bottled it after all, what a double.

Aldo
26-11-2015, 11:48 AM
Never knew there was an equal first in that situation. So medals mackay got his winners medal after all but typically isn't bragging about it. Nice for him. Presumably the cup final that year was technically a draw as well? So they never bottled it after all, what a double.

Neither did I! They've been saying it since 1986 so it must be true!

Yip

Deluded roasters.

I actually find it all pretty amusing!