jacomo
22-11-2015, 11:08 AM
I like it. All of it.

PISTOL1875
22-11-2015, 11:10 AM
What is it all about ??

Malthibby
22-11-2015, 11:12 AM
Excellent. Meybes fans' groups should be thinking about some joint action?
GG

Jones28
22-11-2015, 11:12 AM
Whatever it is, stick it to them

Stanton
22-11-2015, 11:13 AM
What is it all about ??

Sheep calling out the SFA in their conspiring with Sevco to whitewash and muddy the waters via LNS enquiry ....Sevco were not entitled to a license to play in 2012 as per SFA rules

Hibbyradge
22-11-2015, 11:14 AM
Lns?

FranckSuzy
Lns?

Thank you, didn't want to be the one who asked! :greengrin

GreenLake
I hope this is only the beginning.

Stokesy's on fire
I hate the sheep but fair play with this little pop

O'Rourke3
22-11-2015, 11:15 AM
Lns?

Lord Nimmo Smith

GreenLake
22-11-2015, 11:15 AM
LNS = Lord Nimmo Smith Commission

Hibbyradge
22-11-2015, 11:16 AM
Lord Nimmo Smith

LNS = Lord Nimmo Smith Commission

Thanks. :aok:

Hibbyradge
22-11-2015, 11:17 AM
Thank you, didn't want to be the one who asked! :greengrin

:hilarious

Crapper!

Jack Hackett
22-11-2015, 11:30 AM
Banners in the same vein as these should be on display at our live televised matches. The Rangers, the SFA and the SPFL need to be in no doubt that we are not prepared to "Move on" from the criminal activities they would love to sweep under some grubby carpet.

Well done the Sheep fans :aok:

HIBERNIAN-0762
22-11-2015, 11:38 AM
We should have done the same with the deluded cheats....:agree:

Well done the sheepies.

banarc7062
22-11-2015, 11:39 AM
Surely this is not implying our officials who run our game are not truly honest. My My this should be taken up by all supporters, except those supporting a certain recreated team from weegieland, and honest answers required with suitable retribution to anyone found guilty. GGTTH

matty_f
22-11-2015, 11:44 AM
Surely this is not implying our officials who run our game are not truly honest. My My this should be taken up by all supporters, except those supporting a certain recreated team from weegieland, and honest answers required with suitable retribution to anyone found guilty. GGTTH

Listened to Sportsound the week of the big tax trial appeal verdict, and the guy (Mitchell?) that used to be the SFA or SPL chief shrugged off suggestions of dodginess, using the argument that there's corruption everywhere so people shouldn't be precious about it.

Unbelievable, really.

Ronniekirk
22-11-2015, 11:52 AM
Listened to Sportsound is Lauthe week of the big tax trial appeal verdict, and the guy (Mitchell?) that used to be the SFA or SPL chief shrugged off suggestions of dodginess, using the argument that there's corruption everywhere so people shouldn't be precious about it.

Unbelievable, really.

Looks like Sporting Integrity is. Laudable aim ,but there's an acceptance that corruption gets in the way of achieving this .Think the powers that be just want all this to go away and let Rangers take thier rightfull place back at the top ,after all it's for the greater good of Scottish Fotball we keep hearing .
Simiiliar to what comes out of Ibrox P R machine ,maybe it's no coincidence they are both saying the same as they will know what went on and clearly don't want to air this , so much for a Transparency .

NORTHERNHIBBY
22-11-2015, 12:08 PM
Good for them. Annoys me a bit where I see bits in the newspapers suggesting that the only applicable contrast to what Rangers did is what Celtc think or what the opinions of spurious ex Celtc players are. I know that sells copy but at the same time it creeps in the suggestion that this is a Rangers v Celtc issue and by default you have to agree to disagree. But every team they played against was cheated .

emerald green
22-11-2015, 12:36 PM
The people running the game in Scotland are boxed in here. They simply do not want to see anything "bad" happening to the Ibrox club (lets call them that for the moment - newco, sevco, TRICS, whatever) because they are seen to be too big and important to the Scottish game.

They will be quite happy to bury their heads in the sand, sweep the issue under the carpet, and hope it all blows over and just goes away.

Ozyhibby
22-11-2015, 12:37 PM
Well done Aberdeen. We should make our own banner up for the next home game at Easter road. Happy to chip in towards funding if someone wants to organise.
Tom English claimed on sportsound this week that only Celtic fans were interested in this. It's time we showed people that all clubs care about the integrity of the game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hibby Bairn
22-11-2015, 12:41 PM
Get it all over the back pages in the run up to the 28th Dec.

Cheats.

JeMeSouviens
22-11-2015, 12:45 PM
Mon the Sheepies!

Nutmegged
22-11-2015, 12:47 PM
Good for them. Annoys me a bit where I see bits in the newspapers suggesting that the only applicable contrast to what Rangers did is what Celtc think or what the opinions of spurious ex Celtc players are. I know that sells copy but at the same time it creeps in the suggestion that this is a Rangers v Celtc issue and by default you have to agree to disagree. But every team they played against was cheated .

Spot on, the only people this suits is bluenoses though, while Celtic fans are more than happy to take a punt at them they know that unless fans of all other clubs, ones who were truly damaged by the Hun, then most will just put it down to a Celtic/Rangers thing which it nost certainly isn't.

Edson Arantes
22-11-2015, 01:13 PM
Eh..ok then

Ozyhibby
22-11-2015, 01:14 PM
Eh..ok then

Good point well made. ?

Bostonhibby
22-11-2015, 01:16 PM
Well done the sheep, the authorities prefer the fans to mutter about it in the pubs etc but not actually open up their conduct to a wider audience.

lucky
22-11-2015, 01:18 PM
I really think it's time to move on. They cheated got caught and demoted. All this crap does not do Scottish football any good.

blackpoolhibs
22-11-2015, 01:20 PM
I really think it's time to move on. They cheated got caught and demoted. All this crap does not do Scottish football any good.

No no no no no.

RyeSloan
22-11-2015, 01:22 PM

Baws. They weren't demoted for starters.

Bostonhibby
22-11-2015, 01:23 PM
Nor does letting the likes of the rangers think they got off lighter than they might have because the people that run the game will bend the rules for them when they really get caught.

It's a dilemma but for Scottish football to start restoring it's wider credibility a clear out of old institutional habits and behaviour is needed.

kaimendhibs
22-11-2015, 01:26 PM

Disagree. They should get all that's coming to them. They are still
overspending and claiming they would buy million
Pound players if required. They have learnt nothing and are just as arrogant as ever. Our fans are digging deep to put a good side on the park with HSL, they have just announced another 7.6 million pound loss. Disgrace of a club

Smartie
22-11-2015, 01:31 PM

Mikey09
22-11-2015, 01:33 PM
Listened to Sportsound the week of the big tax trial appeal verdict, and the guy (Mitchell?) that used to be the SFA or SPL chief shrugged off suggestions of dodginess, using the argument that there's corruption everywhere so people shouldn't be precious about it.

Unbelievable, really.

I actually didn't know whether to laugh or cry when he came out with that statement!! Don't get me wrong, there is corruption elsewhere, just look across the city to the Famous's asbestos, death trap of a stand being given safety certificates over the years by our wonderful council... I suggest EVERY HIBS FAN who attends the semi final against St Johnstone wears one of those white dust masks to highlight the fact it's not safe. Even if it gets people asking questions.

NAE NOOKIE
22-11-2015, 01:41 PM
If this comes to anything it will only be that Doncaster, Regan & Ogilvie etc will be put on the spot and rightly so. Any prospect that 3 or 4 years down the line Sevco will be booted out of the league is non existent.

The big question and the one that the SFA / SPFL must be forced to address is 'who are Rangers?'

They can be Rangers International football club 2012 with 2 league titles who have never cheated. Or they can be Rangers FC 1872 who were caught cheating and have the honours they won in the EBT era stripped from them.

They simply cant be both ......... Its on this question that we should be putting pressure on the Jellyfish who run our game.

Dashing Bob S
22-11-2015, 01:41 PM
I actually didn't know whether to laugh or cry when he came out with that statement!! Don't get me wrong, there is corruption elsewhere, just look across the city to the Famous's asbestos, death trap of a stand being given safety certificates over the years by our wonderful council... I suggest EVERY HIBS FAN who attends the semi final against St Johnstone wears one of those white dust masks to highlight the fact it's not safe. Even if it gets people asking questions.

Love this idea. Would also help with the smell.

Mikey09
22-11-2015, 01:49 PM
Love this idea. Would also help with the smell.

Two birds with the one stone Bob!! Maybe the St Johnstone fans could get involved too! :greengrin

Mikey09
22-11-2015, 02:02 PM
2 Dust masks for 2quid in B&Q... Let's do this!! Makes a wee statement whilst having a wee dig at "The Famous!" :lolyam:

Frazerbob
22-11-2015, 02:17 PM

FFS they did not get demoted. They went bust and a new club was scandalously parachuted into the league bye passing all due process. The press have a lot to answer for.

CentreLine
22-11-2015, 02:32 PM

I don't disagree with you in many ways but can you point to any evidence that RFC were demoted pease?

Eyrie
22-11-2015, 03:25 PM
As others have said they weren't demoted.

Huns RIP also been allowed to keep their illegally acquired trophies. Whilst it may be impractical to get the players to return their medals there is no reason why the authorities can't strip the club of those trophies and leave the winner void for all time.

Except of course that we're talking about the SFA and SPL here.

lucky
22-11-2015, 03:25 PM
I don't disagree with you in many ways but can you point to any evidence that RFC were demoted pease?

The point is oldco, newco, sevco, The Rangers or Glasgow Rangers went burst and ended up in the bottom league. I could not give a toss about stripping titles of them I'd rather the individuals involved in bumping us out of tax were held account for it.

Cabbage East
22-11-2015, 03:26 PM

Don't know where to start with this.

Stanton
22-11-2015, 03:28 PM
Oh dearie dearie me :confused:
what an ill considered post :cb

silverhibee
22-11-2015, 04:11 PM

I'm taking no chances.

http://thumbs.dreamstime.com/z/yellow-protective-suit-to-work-presence-asbestos-person-54716143.jpg

Baldy Foghorn
22-11-2015, 04:14 PM

Really? The corrupt manner of SFA must be exposed and they must be brought to task.....They need to stop trying to brush it under the carpet, and hope it goes away.......

Mikey09
22-11-2015, 04:18 PM
I'm taking no chances.

http://thumbs.dreamstime.com/z/yellow-protective-suit-to-work-presence-asbestos-person-54716143.jpg

And the right colours as well!!

HIBERNIAN-0762
22-11-2015, 04:20 PM
And the right colours as well!!

:hilarious

:thumbsup:

Steve20
22-11-2015, 04:22 PM
Let it go. It's pathetic now. They got caught and got sent to the fourth tier.

Move on. It's sad now.

Bishop Hibee
22-11-2015, 04:27 PM

Move on. It's sad now.

They got "sent" nowhere. They went bust, applied for entry into the forth tier of Scottish football and got in. Why peddle a myth?

Tobias Funke
22-11-2015, 04:31 PM

Move on. It's sad now.

Having read these forums for years I know you really are an odd, glass half empty type character. Why should Scottish football fans let this go? You are part of the problem here, willing to just sweep things under the carpet and move on. Shrug your shoulders in a "so what" type way.

These cockroaches have cheated their way to title after title, accolade after accolade, all at the expense of sporting integrity. With no sporting integrity there is no sport. Why should we just accept this? They need shamed. What "punishment" or embarrasment they have received/endured so far isn't nearly enough.

Oh and by the way, they were never "sent" to the fourth tier. They ceased to exist and we allowed to jump many divisions in the Scottish football league structure all the way to the fourth tier. :aok:

22-11-2015, 04:43 PM
Banners in the same vein as these should be on display at our live televised matches. The Rangers, the SFA and the SPFL need to be in no doubt that we are not prepared to "Move on" from the criminal activities they would love to sweep under some grubby carpet.

Well done the Sheep fans :aok:

Exactly

lucky
22-11-2015, 04:45 PM
I'm just sick of the whole thing. But really what are people expecting to happen 4 years down the line since oldco died?

Baldy Foghorn
22-11-2015, 04:46 PM

Move on. It's sad now.

What is sad is that they have cheated for years......Why should we move on?

Baldy Foghorn
22-11-2015, 04:51 PM
I'm just sick of the whole thing. But really what are people expecting to happen 4 years down the line since oldco died?

Why have they kept their history then?

lucky
22-11-2015, 04:54 PM
Why have they kept their history then?

Their history is irrelevant to me. Many claim they are 4 years old so they have no history. What do you want to happen? I really can't see anything happening, so it's wasted energy bothering about them.

Bostonhibby
22-11-2015, 04:59 PM
The point is oldco, newco, sevco, The Rangers or Glasgow Rangers went burst and ended up in the bottom league. I could not give a toss about stripping titles of them I'd rather the individuals involved in bumping us out of tax were held account for it.

But did they re - emerge as the new co with a fit and proper person in charge? was the punishment right knowing what we now know? - and all as required by the "rules" - those are the questions, and curiously / luckily enough whilst most of the football fans in Scotland are watching with bated breath or navel gazing , we have big bad Mike Ashley taking the question to the next level.

Baldy Foghorn
22-11-2015, 05:01 PM
Their history is irrelevant to me. Many claim they are 4 years old so they have no history. What do you want to happen? I really can't see anything happening, so it's wasted energy bothering about them.

The rules were broken letting them into League 3, so the who thing is murky...............

Bostonhibby
22-11-2015, 05:02 PM
The rules were broken letting them into League 3, so the who thing is murky...............

:agree:

--------
22-11-2015, 05:11 PM

Move on. It's sad now.

They weren't 'caught and demoted'. The OLDCO went bust and a group of supporters formed a new club which was allowed into the league without due and proper process.

What damages Scottish football is the willingness of too many people in all areas of football to sweep corruption under the carpet and pretend nothing happened. Or that the time has come to 'move on'.

Having SEVCO in the League under present conditions and then saying, 'Leave it alone - time to move on ...' seems to me to be comparable to living in a house where the landlord has buried half a dozen corpses under the floorboards. The corpses are rotting and stinking, the house is full of blowflies, the tenants are chucking up and complaining all the time, and the landlord sends round a couple of cases of air-fresheners and assures everyone that all's for the best in the best of all possible worlds.

"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is that good men do nothing." (Edmund Burke)

Ozyhibby
22-11-2015, 05:33 PM

Why don't we punish them appropriately for their cheating and then we can all move on? That way we're happy that justice is done and your happy that we have moved on. Everyone's a winner. [emoji3]

Bostonhibby
22-11-2015, 05:35 PM
Why don't we punish them appropriately for their cheating and then we can all move on? That way we're happy that justice is done and your happy that we have moved on. Everyone's a winner. [emoji3]

Eureka:aok:

jacomo
22-11-2015, 05:43 PM

And, perhaps more importantly, the next club that considers cheating to gain an unfair advantage over Hibs and other teams might think twice before doing so.

Sick and tired of football being bent and people getting away with it. F*** SDM, f*** the Lying King and f*** Rangers.

Thecat23
22-11-2015, 05:49 PM

Move on. It's sad now.

You rarely say good things about Hibs and usually the first to put in a negative comment. We are talking about the cheats and you tell us to forget about it and move on!!

You really do confuse me at times Steve!

greenlex
22-11-2015, 05:56 PM
Is it true they got demoted. :greengrin

Keith_M
22-11-2015, 06:08 PM
There are claims that rules were bent and broken by those in power at the time (and are still in power) to allow the current entity calling themselves Rangers to obtain a licence to play in Division Three.

That entity is now being run by a convicted criminal, may well be trading while insolvent and have supporters who sing the most bigoted and disgusting songs imaginable, while those self same football authorities, as well as the media, display signs of selective deafness.

Time to move on? Really?

poolman
22-11-2015, 06:23 PM

Wrong wrong wrong

Deansy
22-11-2015, 06:29 PM
They weren't 'caught and demoted'. The OLDCO went bust and a group of supporters formed a new club which was allowed into the league without due and proper process.

What damages Scottish football is the willingness of too many people in all areas of football to sweep corruption under the carpet and pretend nothing happened. Or that the time has come to 'move on'.

Having SEVCO in the League under present conditions and then saying, 'Leave it alone - time to move on ...' seems to me to be comparable to living in a house where the landlord has buried half a dozen corpses under the floorboards. The corpses are rotting and stinking, the house is full of blowflies, the tenants are chucking up and complaining all the time, and the landlord sends round a couple of cases of air-fresheners and assures everyone that all's for the best in the best of all possible worlds.

"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is that good men do nothing." (Edmund Burke)

This'll do for me. The Hun are not alone in all the cheating that's went on, those allegedly responsible for the governance of our game, have also been less than honest/honourable. Pursuing further action for these crimes (and they ARE crimes !) will or could, I feel, result in wholesale changes in our game at the same time as getting rid of the ones who are clearly not 'fit for purpose' - Reagan, Doncaster, Ogilvie etc. If we don't do anything and, as our esteemed media keep imploring us, just 'let it go' - Scotland will be world-famous for having a full-time professional football league that allowed the the perpetrators of one of the biggest financial-crimes in world-football, to carry on completely un-punished as if nothing had happened !!

Stanton
22-11-2015, 06:39 PM
Any debts belong to the old club they tell us.
But they want the old clubs trophy count ....just the good bits they want ....not the burdens ....and the powers that be and the football authorities are allowing this myth to endure.
they bought the old clubs history that lying prick Charles a green told us.
how does that work.
is a Third Lanarks history locked away in a safe somewhere and anyone who wants to buy it can ??

what is it with Huns and lies anyway ? They can stand in front of a camera and tell blatant lies just to make other Huns feel good. Remember Murray's stadium wi the pitch on the roof? The old fiver and tenner trick? Dave Kings childrens inheritance? Charles Green not going anywhere until the Champions league music plays? Their fans continuing to perpetrate the lie that liquidation doesn't mean you die...King is just the latest in a long line of undignified liars and the football authorities are complicit in allowing thus crap to be peddled

Malthibby
22-11-2015, 06:39 PM

"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is that good men do nothing." (Edmund Burke):agree:

...& bad men tell us to bend over & spend another 100 years taking it where the sun don't shine.
Not nearly time to move on.

Ozyhibby
22-11-2015, 06:53 PM
Question for the 'move on ' brigade.
What kind of society would we have if, every time the pursuit of justice became a little bit tricky or inconvenient to commercial interests, we just moved on and forgot about it?
The SFA is a corrupt organisation that needs to be exposed. We can't let up now, or the game here will continue to fail.

majorhibs
22-11-2015, 08:03 PM
SFA & co just so so lucky at the moment their scandal is happening amongst EUFA & FIFAs scandals, talk about bein able to bury bad news :rolleyes:

FranckSuzy
22-11-2015, 08:16 PM
Any debts belong to the old club they tell us.
But they want the old clubs trophy count ....just the good bits they want ....not the burdens ....and the powers that be and the football authorities are allowing this myth to endure

And that, for me, is the crux of the matter. Absolute disgrace and 'they' just hope it'll all be forgotten/forgiven....:rolleyes:

Ronster117
22-11-2015, 08:30 PM
You surely can't move on until after the funeral, when someone dies, you have to bury the corpse.....Rangers died but did a Jesus and came back to life as sevco. The only thing they buried was the truth about how they raped and pillaged Scottish football
so no we can't move on.....SFA better realise the ordinary fans of the game want those involved punished

.:worms:

Ozyhibby
22-11-2015, 08:36 PM
Wonder how many of these pics will make tomorrow's papers?

PatHead
22-11-2015, 08:50 PM
To me there are 2 separate issues going on here.

1. The new club being told they have no history and the old club losing a large chunk of theirs. This may not be important just now but wait until they win something in years to come.

2. The cheats who were running our game taken to task for the corrupt actions they have taken in disguising what was going on with Rangers and banned from any future involvement with the game. Rules must be put in place to ensure that whoever is running our game are fit and proper and apply the rules fairly without fear or favour

Baldy Foghorn
22-11-2015, 09:12 PM
To me there are 2 separate issues going on here.

1. The new club being told they have no history and the old club losing a large chunk of theirs. This may not be important just now but wait until they win something in years to come.

2. The cheats who were running our game taken to task for the corrupt actions they have taken in disguising what was going on with Rangers and banned from any future involvement with the game. Rules must be put in place to ensure that whoever is running our game are fit and proper and apply the rules fairly without fear or favour

Our own RP always talks highly of Doncaster...........Strange, given his sporting integrity statement, I wonder if he thinks differently now?

lucky
22-11-2015, 09:17 PM
Clearly I'm in a minority on this but what do the majority think should happen to them? Stripping titles ? Fine them? Relegate them again? Docking points? Is that ever likely to happen?

marinello59
22-11-2015, 09:20 PM
Clearly I'm in a minority on this but what do the majority think should happen to them? Stripping titles ? Fine them? Relegate them again? Docking points? Is that ever likely to happen?

I'd make them sport mullets and wear Frankie Says t shirts for all eternity. *******s!

lord bunberry
22-11-2015, 09:21 PM

It's simple for me, if they've won something whilst breaking the rules then they should lose those titles or cups.

lord bunberry
22-11-2015, 09:21 PM
I'd make them sport mullets and wear Frankie Says t shirts for all eternity. *******s!

They already do mate.

marinello59
22-11-2015, 09:25 PM
They already do mate.

Damn. Not much of a punishment then really.

CropleyWasGod
22-11-2015, 09:25 PM

:take that

PatHead
22-11-2015, 09:26 PM

I think stripping titles/trophies is fair but won't hold my breath. They should be left unallocated. This is for not declaring the side letters which in effect was cheating.

I stand to be corrected but I think the football "HMRC rules" only came into force when Hearts were found to be not paying bills so won't affect them. It should also be made clear they are not the same club. (be quiet CWG)

Unless another admin event happens the new club should not be deducted points for the old clubs transgressions. They are separate clubs after all!

We can't have it both ways either.

greenlex
22-11-2015, 09:30 PM
Yes yes NO cos it didn't happen before so can't happen again.and No. For every competition they won whilst hiding the EBT scheme. They broke the rules and just because they are one of our bigger clubs should not be exempt from punishment. Off the top of my head Spartans were turfed out the Scottish Cup for inadvertently never mind wilfully breaking the rules when a player only signed a paper once instead on twice. It's only right and it's far from time to move on. The integrity of our game is at stake.

Jack Hackett
22-11-2015, 09:53 PM
I think the general consensus is 'String 'em up'

Now it's time to move on :greengrin

Baldy Foghorn
22-11-2015, 09:53 PM
Yes yes NO cos it didn't happen before so can't happen again.and No. For every competition they won whilst hiding the EBT scheme. They broke the rules and just because they are one of our bigger clubs should not be exempt from punishment. Off the top of my head Spartans were turfed out the Scottish Cup for inadvertently never mind wilfully breaking the rules when a player only signed a paper once instead on twice. It's only right and it's far from time to move on. The integrity of our game is at stake.

Spot on............

monktonharp
22-11-2015, 10:55 PM
I'm taking no chances.

http://thumbs.dreamstime.com/z/yellow-protective-suit-to-work-presence-asbestos-person-54716143.jpgScrewfix or Machine Mart?

Onion
22-11-2015, 11:20 PM
Regulators need to grow a pair and do the correct thing - strip the titles that were gained during the "cheating years".

You just know this was Celtic, the Rangers would be calling for titles to be stripped - 100%.

Dashing Bob S
23-11-2015, 05:15 AM
"It's maybe about time Scottish football started laying off Rangers. They've been persecuting them for years; referees, administrators, even Police authorities have it in for the club and it's fans. It's gotten so bad that they are now trying to undermine the club's traditions by taking offence at harmless colourful ballads joyously sang from the stands.

One day Rangers might just walk away from football altogether. Then Scotland would be a police state that nobody would want to visit and people would be destitute and begging in the streets. Then some people might just think to themselves 'I wish we'd all been a bit kinder to Rangers. Now look at us. I suppose it serves us all right.' And they would be correct to think that. But by then it would be too late. Rangers would be gone and life as we know it in Scotland would be over." - Daily Record.

GreenLake
23-11-2015, 06:01 AM

We can't move on while the foxes are in the hen house.

Hibrandenburg
23-11-2015, 07:15 AM
Question for the 'move on ' brigade.
What kind of society would we have if, every time the pursuit of justice became a little bit tricky or inconvenient to commercial interests, we just moved on and forgot about it?
The SFA is a corrupt organisation that needs to be exposed. We can't let up now, or the game here will continue to fail.

:agree: My interest in football took a bashing because of the way our football authorities dealt with the rangers scandal. I spent a fair few bob getting to and watching Hibs play in a loaded league. The whole scandal makes football not that different to the wrestling.

Alex Trager
23-11-2015, 07:17 AM
"It's maybe about time Scottish football started laying off Rangers. They've been persecuting them for years; referees, administrators, even Police authorities have it in for the club and it's fans. It's gotten so bad that they are now trying to undermine the club's traditions by taking offence at harmless colourful ballads joyously sang from the stands.

One day Rangers might just walk away from football altogether. Then Scotland would be a police state that nobody would want to visit and people would be destitute and begging in the streets. Then some people might just think to themselves 'I wish we'd all been a bit kinder to Rangers. Now look at us. I suppose it serves us all right.' And they would be correct to think that. But by then it would be too late. Rangers would be gone and life as we know it in Scotland would be over." - Daily Record.

Waw

AndyM_1875
23-11-2015, 08:27 AM
:agree: My interest in football took a bashing because of the way our football authorities dealt with the rangers scandal. I spent a fair few bob getting to and watching Hibs play in a loaded league. The whole scandal makes football not that different to the wrestling.

We've been watching a loaded league since the 90s and the iron grip that Rangers and Celtic had on it after their noses were collectively rubbed in dog poo by the Dons and the Arabs in the 80s. Most of the revenues were aimed at 2 clubs. Everything ran round them and the media was utterly compliant to them. That's why I'll give Celtc types pushing the sporting integrity angle the shortest of shrift. As if they give a toss about the rest of the teams.:rolleyes:

Remember that 2 clubs held voting vetoes and invariably ganged up to screw over the rest of the league. Anyone remember SPL TV being strangled at birth by the Old Firm? Conveniently the blame for this shambles was dropped on to Roger Mitchell but the real villains were wearing blue and green and white hoops. Twas ever thus.

As for Peter Lawell spouting the "we stand alone" mantra, I'll believe that when I see it in practice because I think it's utter pish.

The Leith Dutch
23-11-2015, 08:34 AM
The big question and the one that the SFA / SPFL must be forced to address is 'who are Rangers?'

They can be Rangers International football club 2012 with 2 league titles who have never cheated. Or they can be Rangers FC 1872 who were caught cheating and have the honours they won in the EBT era stripped from them.

They simply cant be both ......... Its on this question that we should be putting pressure on the Jellyfish who run our game.

This.
If there are titles or money due then they're old rangers but for the purposes of debt or blame then it's a new club.

JimBHibees
23-11-2015, 08:54 AM

Brilliant. :not worth

Gettin' Auld
23-11-2015, 09:35 AM

They weren't relegated the last time, they ceased to exist and vanished from the league set up completely.

Baldy Foghorn
23-11-2015, 12:45 PM
They weren't relegated the last time, they ceased to exist and vanished from the league set up completely.

And allowed to enter incorrectly thereafter

Father Ted
23-11-2015, 01:30 PM
Did the banners at Hampden even get a mention in any of today's MSM?

PatHead
23-11-2015, 01:34 PM
And allowed to enter incorrectly thereafter

Should have been treated the same as Gretna.

JeMeSouviens
23-11-2015, 01:43 PM
Did the banners at Hampden even get a mention in any of today's MSM?

Surprisingly, yes.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aberdeen-fans-take-hampden-protest-6878367

ronaldo7
23-11-2015, 07:52 PM
Well done the sheep fans. Thank goodness some are standing up to this lot, whilst others want to sweep it under the carpet and move on. NO THANKS.

Der Hun, and all those who conspired to get them into the lower leagues should be made to face the music.

lyonhibs
24-11-2015, 09:19 AM
Well done the sheep fans. Thank goodness some are standing up to this lot, whilst others want to sweep it under the carpet and move on. NO THANKS.

Der Hun, and all those who conspired to get them into the lower leagues should be made to face the music.

What form does this "music" take out of interest? From earlier posts in the thread, it seems like the stripping of the titles won when EBTs were in action is (one of) the main points.

Whilst I agree it perhaps needs to happen, people do realise this would be a purely administrative, paper based exercise?

Your average Hun that you may well have to put up with in the workplace is still going to remember the 9IAR years/Advocaat years etc with immense fondness and will almost certainly adopt a probably infuriating "meh, whatever" approach to these titles being "stripped" some 10-15 years later.

Football for supporters is not played out on bits of paper or stuffy "court judgements" and those thinking that some paradigm shift in the way Scottish football is run will occur even if these titles are stripped are probably liable to be sorely disappointed.

All I'm interested in is Hibs and what is currently happening on the football pitch. If one possible end game to all this is the current incarnation of (The) Rangers getting fined/points deducted/exiled to the moon then I'm all for it.

But I don't think that's a possibility, if I'm understanding this correctly?

Ozyhibby
24-11-2015, 09:32 AM
What form does this "music" take out of interest? From earlier posts in the thread, it seems like the stripping of the titles won when EBTs were in action is (one of) the main points.

Whilst I agree it perhaps needs to happen, people do realise this would be a purely administrative, paper based exercise?

Your average Hun that you may well have to put up with in the workplace is still going to remember the 9IAR years/Advocaat years etc with immense fondness and will almost certainly adopt a probably infuriating "meh, whatever" approach to these titles being "stripped" some 10-15 years later.

Football for supporters is not played out on bits of paper or stuffy "court judgements" and those thinking that some paradigm shift in the way Scottish football is run will occur even if these titles are stripped are probably liable to be sorely disappointed.

All I'm interested in is Hibs and what is currently happening on the football pitch. If one possible end game to all this is the current incarnation of (The) Rangers getting fined/points deducted/exiled to the moon then I'm all for it.

If you are patient, you will probably get both. Those titles should be stripped because they were won by cheating. It is indeed an administrative process but one the will officially mark them as cheats for all time.
The new Rangers are a slow motion car crash and I fully expect them to be in admin by the end of the season. They will be deducted points at that point.

Bostonhibby
24-11-2015, 09:36 AM

I think you are right about the average hun approach to the ill gotten gains of the now defunct Glasgow rangers. Any future punishment is welcome as it shows the world that there is something behind the sporting integrity statements uttered by the authorities and it might send a message to everyone else that there are real consequences for transgressing their own rules in the future.

For the cheating years I'd be delighted to see the word void written into the record books so that whatever followers of the new club say there's a permanent reminder for anyone who wonders and it wont be too difficult to find out what void stands for.

majorhibs
24-11-2015, 11:45 PM

Why would you be saying that? Is it not obvious from their response from the word go, & the huns you come across in everyday life, that stripping these "titles" that they cheated unfairly against every other team they played against in competition by illegally paying their players more than their competitors including Hibs while bumping their taxes, was wrong & should be recognised as wrong? To tell them they are being stripped of something they gained by financially doing something their competitors were not, would IMO put a lot of them over the edge. How can anyone & everyone not see this? They DO NOT want this. It would confirm, maybe even in those skulls, that CHEATING was used. In light of their aversion & what they have always done & sung & been in Scottish Football, is wanting justice for them bad?

Mikey09
25-11-2015, 12:04 AM
I'm taking no chances.

I think we've hit a wee nerve on Kickback... A 3 pager about this wee joke!! :greengrin

Mixu62
25-11-2015, 12:10 AM

Bit in bold is a major point for me. Livingston, Dundee and several lower league clubs have all face punishments from our authorities. Clydebank are no more, Airdrie had to start from scratch (though nobody was sad about that one!). It's the inconsistency of the application of the rules that stinks.

Mixu62
25-11-2015, 12:13 AM
The new Rangers are a slow motion car crash and I fully expect them to be in admin by the end of the season. They will be deducted points at that point.

But I can see them doing it "the hearts way" and limping to the end of the season and only taking their punishment next year once safely back in the premier. Cheating in other words.

ronaldo7
25-11-2015, 08:38 AM

Not so much music, more a case of each Hun unpicking one of the stars on their strips with their teeth.

Is is really too much to ask that they hand back the titles when they were cheating?

lord bunberry
25-11-2015, 09:07 AM
I think we've hit a wee nerve on Kickback... A 3 pager about this wee joke!! :greengrin

Surely they can't be defending the fact that their stadium is an absolute ****hole?

dangermouse
25-11-2015, 09:07 AM
If The Rangers do get stripped of titles for cheating, lets hope it doesn't stop there. There is another club who gained honours while being financially doped.

AndyM_1875
25-11-2015, 09:15 AM
If The Rangers do get stripped of titles for cheating, lets hope it doesn't stop there. There is another club who gained honours while being financially doped.

There's three actually.
Hearts, Livingston and Gretna.

Mikey09
25-11-2015, 09:42 AM
Surely they can't be defending the fact that their stadium is an absolute ****hole?

Some of the comments are priceless. I think one says TBF it's quite funny, but most are defending the dump of a stand. A few even saying how asbestos isn't dangerous...

Bostonhibby
25-11-2015, 09:57 AM
Some of the comments are priceless. I think one says TBF it's quite funny, but most are defending the dump of a stand. A few even saying how asbestos isn't dangerous...

In that case we should all be building with it, cheap and fireproof - a bit like the yam really.

It seems they are leading the way again - easy to square away anything with a believer if you say it often enough. Look at the Romanov years.

Ozyhibby
25-11-2015, 10:15 AM
There's three actually.
Hearts, Livingston and Gretna.

There is no evidence Livi and Gretna made side payments to players.

Sioux
25-11-2015, 10:28 AM

One of the genuises wrote this;

"Asbestos is a safe material.

Its the dust that's the problem. So if you are breaking it up you just need to keep it wet.

Hibs fans are odd."

Amazing!

Alex Trager
25-11-2015, 10:37 AM

Waw!

As soon as I read this comment I was over there. It's their top thread atm.

Some of them are truly miraculous.

The comments range but my favourites included the ones rammed with irony.

Something like this:
'They can slag us off about our stands, but the last laugh is on them when they realise it won't even bother us hearts fans' 80 posts later.... I see it IS actually bothering you guys.
Or is continually talking about it a way of forgetting it?

I don't know.
Normally when I want to show that something is insignificant I just forget about it.

Maybe I have been doing it wrong all these years? :s

Kato
25-11-2015, 10:52 AM
Waw!

As soon as I read this comment I was over there. It's their top thread atm.

Some of them are truly miraculous.

The comments range but my favourites included the ones rammed with irony.

Something like this:
'They can slag us off about our stands, but the last laugh is on them when they realise it won't even bother us hearts fans' 80 posts later.... I see it IS actually bothering you guys.
Or is continually talking about it a way of forgetting it?

I don't know.
Normally when I want to show that something is insignificant I just forget about it.

Maybe I have been doing it wrong all these years? :s

Not going to look over there but are they discussing the "listed building" status of that stand, or the fact that it sacked along with Melrose Abbey and Tantallon Castle when Cromwell was in the demolition business?

AndyM_1875
25-11-2015, 12:20 PM
There is no evidence Livi and Gretna made side payments to players.

Irrelevant. Side payments aren't the issue. Financial doping is and it takes many forms, such as teams running up toxic debt levels before crashing into Administration.

Livingston were in debt up to their eyeballs playing a loaded team built on ludicrous debt levels whilst in Administration in a national cup final against us. Gretna bought their way through the divisions as the play thing of one man before going bust in the SPL and wasting everyone in the SPL's time. Both these clubs are stand out reasons that Scottish Football needs rigorous financial controls for all clubs IMHO including punitive points deductions for sides which post losses year on year, fail to live within their means and fail to address their levels of debt.

CraigHibee
25-11-2015, 01:04 PM
i would like to think that once the SFA are outed as being the corrupt organisation that the majority of us already know that they are, then there is a clear out from top - bottom in a FIFA like manner, the sooner that we have a football organisation which if fair to ALL member clubs instead of pandering to the old fim, the better.. may have to keep wishing though

NAE NOOKIE
25-11-2015, 02:01 PM
Not going to look over there but are they discussing the "listed building" status of that stand, or the fact that it sacked along with Melrose Abbey and Tantallon Castle when Cromwell was in the demolition business?

Went for a look ..... some great stuff :agree:

Then got distracted by their 'new stand' thread, packed with comedy gold and more delusion than the local NHS psychiatric unit.

"We cant move from Gorgie, I'll miss the smell" :faf:

"If 1000 fans donate £1000 that's a million pounds, a third of the cost" :faf:

"We could do it like Liverpool and build it over the top of the old stand" :faf:
"We should call it the McCraes Battalion main stand" :jamboak:

Huge announcement due at the AGM on 3rd of Dec apparently. My guess is a new 250 watt bulb in the board room :aok:

Kato
25-11-2015, 02:13 PM

Then got distracted by their 'new stand' thread, packed with comedy gold and more delusion than the local NHS psychiatric unit.

"We could do it like Liverpool and build it over the top of the old stand" :faf:

Huge announcement due at the AGM on 3rd of Dec apparently. My guess is a new 250 watt bulb in the board room :aok:

They should build their new stand 100% from Asbestos and constantly hose it down.

Bostonhibby
25-11-2015, 02:26 PM

Maybe Macraes Battalion Trust main Stand would be a fine name to offset the money the club bumped the trust for?

JeMeSouviens
25-11-2015, 02:27 PM
Irrelevant. Side payments aren't the issue. Financial doping is and it takes many forms, such as teams running up toxic debt levels before crashing into Administration.

Livingston were in debt up to their eyeballs playing a loaded team built on ludicrous debt levels whilst in Administration in a national cup final against us. Gretna bought their way through the divisions as the play thing of one man before going bust in the SPL and wasting everyone in the SPL's time. Both these clubs are stand out reasons that Scottish Football needs rigorous financial controls for all clubs IMHO including punitive points deductions for sides which post losses year on year, fail to live within their means and fail to address their levels of debt.

:agree:

The points penalties dished out for admin are meant to reflect the advantage gained by racking up the unsustainable debt. It surely stands to reason that any cup wins during the same time should be struck from the books.

Ozyhibby
25-11-2015, 02:59 PM

I agree with you but we have no rules against financial doping even now. Look at Sevco, who are trying to spend money they don't have to keep us in the championship. We do however have rules against side payments to players. It's time they were enforced.

Kato
25-11-2015, 03:13 PM
I agree with you but we have no rules against financial doping even now. Look at Sevco, who are trying to spend money they don't have to keep us in the championship. We do however have rules against side payments to players. It's time they were enforced.

HMRC finding that Hearts scheme to pay players via Lithuania whilst registered for a club they had never played for to be illegal. Maybe they thought it was legal at the time, like RFC (RIP) thought EBT's were, but retrospectively those registrations were found not to be.

Payments found to be illegal by HMRC should ring alarm bells at any self-respecting Football Association, but I do understand it's the SFA we are dealing with here. The incestuous nature of putting people like Campbell Ogilvie at the heart of these dealings; RFC, HMFC, SFA, means it's going to be hard to be heard but those dealings were illegal.

AndyM_1875
25-11-2015, 03:34 PM

Agree. I certainly know how I feel about the behavior of certain clubs in the last decade or so but I remain unconvinced of the wisdom of attempting to rewrite the past.

I think were we to go and look to strike historic titles & cups away all we would end up doing is picking an ugly fight and making more work for lawyers. You'll certainly get support from Celtic & Aberdeen types at taking titles from Rangers, but lets be honest much of it is a vendetta. That club attracts more loathing than any other I can think of.
But I doubt you'll get much buy in apart from Hibs fans if you then say "OK, now lets focus on Hearts two Scottish Cup wins in 2006 and 2012".

And when it comes to Livingston and Gretna the tumbleweed will just roll on by, nobody will care, apart from a handful of old bores like me who will rant about toxic debt and teams being financially doped through it and some lower division fans who feel as though their time was wasted.

Geo_1875
25-11-2015, 03:47 PM
Agree. I certainly know how I feel about the behavior of certain clubs in the last decade or so but I remain unconvinced of the wisdom of attempting to rewrite the past.

I think were we to go and look to strike historic titles & cups away all we would end up doing is picking an ugly fight and making more work for lawyers. You'll certainly get support from Celtic & Aberdeen types at taking titles from Rangers, but lets be honest much of it is a vendetta. That club attracts more loathing than any other I can think of.
But I doubt you'll get much buy in apart from Hibs fans if you then say "OK, now lets focus on Hearts two Scottish Cup wins in 2006 and 2012".

And when it comes to Livingston and Gretna the tumbleweed will just roll on by, nobody will care, apart from a handful of old bores like me who will rant about toxic debt and teams being financially doped through it and some lower division fans who feel as though their time was wasted.

There is more chance of the yams being awarded the (fully deserved) wartime league titles than the huns being stripped of those from the cheating years.

The Baldmans Comb
25-11-2015, 08:07 PM

Move on. It's sad now.

Desrie me havent you understoood a single word of the last 4 years.

Nobody got sent to the 4th tier and stop reading the Daily Record.

greenlex
25-11-2015, 08:29 PM

Disagree. Financial doping is neither here nor there. Administration and liquidation however unpalatable for rival fans has been dealt with in accordance with the law of the land. Wilfully or indeed without knowledge rules were broken on a grand scale and need to be addressed by the relevant authorities in the name of Sport and its integrity.