PDA

View Full Version : Fraser Fyvie

Seveno
21-11-2015, 06:11 PM
I thought he was really good today. His work rate was tremendous and he spent the whole game breaking up play, covering for other players and moving the ball from defence to attack.

Last season, I really wondered if he was going to make it but he has consistently been one of our best players this season.

FromTheCapital
21-11-2015, 06:12 PM
I thought he was really good today. His work rate was tremendous and he spent the whole game breaking up play, covering for other players and moving the ball from defence to attack.

Last season, I really wondered if he was going to make it but he has consistently been one of our best players this season.

Thought he was poor against Livi on Tuesday but was much better today. Thought the whole midfield was terrific actually along with the back four but front three weren't as creative and as prolific as usual. Still a fantastic 3 points nonetheless

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Baldy Foghorn
21-11-2015, 06:17 PM
Thought he was poor against Livi on Tuesday but was much better today. Thought the whole midfield was terrific actually along with the back four but front three weren't as creative and as prolific as usual. Still a fantastic 3 points nonetheless

Looked better when McGeouch came on...............

FromTheCapital
21-11-2015, 06:20 PM
Looked better when McGeouch came on...............

Agree with that. McGeouch is a crucial player for us and it's nice to see him finding his feet again. Won't be long till he's back in the starting 11.

Baldy Foghorn
21-11-2015, 06:25 PM
Agree with that. McGeouch is a crucial player for us and it's nice to see him finding his feet again. Won't be long till he's back in the starting 11.

DM really good for us, drives us forward, and composed too..........

truehibernian
21-11-2015, 06:26 PM
Bit of an unsung hero Fyvie - workrate never in question even when he is having a poor game by his standards. Binds the midfield together really which allows McGinn and Henderson (and DM) a free rein to be creative. Tell you another thing if he can improve his shooting he will grab a few goals too......he gets into right good shooting positions.

matty_f
21-11-2015, 06:26 PM
He's a cracking player, thought so last season as well. He's been a very good signing.

Baldy Foghorn
21-11-2015, 06:27 PM
Great bursting run and cross for Jason. Pity it was saved...........

Smartie
21-11-2015, 06:31 PM
I thought Fyvie was pretty poor in the first half and early part of the second half to be honest.

He did look better when McGeoch came on - I don't know whether this had an influence on him or whether it was just coincidence.

I also don't want it to appear like I'm bashing Fyvie or being overly critical of him. I really respect the fact that he is the kind of player who may not be having the best of games but will keep on plugging away and can turn a poor or ineffectual performance into a very good, solid one. It says a lot for his character and it is the kind of thing we have been crying out for for years.

Dare I say it is the kind of thing that can win you championships.

Baldy Foghorn
21-11-2015, 06:32 PM
I thought Fyvie was pretty poor in the first half and early part of the second half to be honest.

He did look better when McGeoch came on - I don't know whether this had an influence on him or whether it was just coincidence.

I also don't want it to appear like I'm bashing Fyvie or being overly critical of him. I really respect the fact that he is the kind of player who may not be having the best of games but will keep on plugging away and can turn a poor or ineffectual performance into a very good, solid one. It says a lot for his character and it is the kind of thing we have been crying out for for years.

Dare I say it is the kind of thing that can win you championships.

He is great at breaking up other team's play, a spoiler.....

NORTHERNHIBBY
21-11-2015, 06:42 PM
Fyvie is a real quality player when he is on form. His issue is consistency of performance.

Capt Mainwaring
21-11-2015, 06:47 PM
Thought he had a really good game today. Broke up play, chased back, drove forward and made the right passes.

We really are blessed with riches in midfield and the absence if Henderson today didn't overly affect the performance and when McGeouch came on it upped the pace against with his drive.

O'Rourke3
21-11-2015, 07:00 PM
Wasn't there today was on Tuesday where he simply had "one of those games" where he knew what to try but practically nothing came off for him. Despite that he never hid and never stopped trying. Scott Allan had plenty games last year where he was on or off song. In in almost every game he'd come good with a single pass(Ibrox springs to mind for Jason's opening goal). Fraser is a real asset.

SquashedFrogg
21-11-2015, 07:03 PM
Wasn't there today was on Tuesday where he simply had "one of those games" where he knew what to try but practically nothing came off for him. Despite that he never hid and never stopped trying. Scott Allan had plenty games last year where he was on or off song. In in almost every game he'd come good with a single pass(Ibrox springs to mind for Jason's opening goal). Fraser is a real asset.

Agree with this :agree:

overdrive
21-11-2015, 07:05 PM
Wasn't there today so I can't comment on his performance today but I think he has generally been poor this season. He tends to be ponderous on the ball.

It's good if he is coming onto a game... I thought he was marginally better midweek.

One thing though, I seem to remember him as an attacking midfielder at Aberdeen. I wonder if we are playing him too deep.

Carheenlea
21-11-2015, 07:06 PM

It really was a magnificent effort from Jason Cummings - thought the cross was going to be too high but he made a terrific leap and got good power on the header. Was a good save from the keeper. If Andy McNeil was still in goals I think it would have ended up in the back of the net..:greengrin

SquashedFrogg
21-11-2015, 07:12 PM
Wasn't there today so I can't comment on his performance today but I think he has generally been poor this season. He tends to be ponderous on the ball.

It's good if he is coming onto a game... I thought he was marginally better midweek.

One thing though, I seem to remember him as an attacking midfielder at Aberdeen. I wonder if we are playing him too deep.

I think injuries and alteration of style has affected his game. More injuries, op etc.

I think back to last season and he was quality. That doesn't disappear. IMO he needs a run in the team.

Delighted to have him playing for us :agree:

wookie70
21-11-2015, 07:21 PM
I thought he was poor in first half but our best player in the second half. McGinn was the opposite for me. The effort Fraser puts in means he is always a useful player when we don't have the ball.

Bartley played very well today so there is real competition. Farid wan'y great when he came on but if he stays fit he could be a very important Plan B as the season wears on.

Argylehibby
21-11-2015, 08:13 PM
I thought he was very good today from start to finish. He's not out there to be our new Scott Alan his role is to make things difficult for the opposition which he does effectively and particularly today. He was defending at the edge of our box 1 minute and crossing for Jason headed chance the next. One of our best players today IMHO.

Iggy Pope
21-11-2015, 08:33 PM
Top man today. Works his backside off.

Carheenlea
21-11-2015, 08:43 PM
Top man today. Works his backside off.

To be fair, he always does, even when he is not having a great game. Never hides and doesn't let's a stray pass dent his confidence to keep looking for the ball. A spoiler and a nuisance in the middle of the park, and an import player for us.

Billy Whizz
21-11-2015, 08:46 PM
To be fair, he always does, even when he is not having a great game. Never hides and doesn't let's a stray pass dent his confidence to keep looking for the ball. A spoiler and a nuisance in the middle of the park, and an import player for us.

He also seems to hate Waghorn, after their clash in the last game. Think they might have been team mates at Wigan, wonder why Fraser hates him so much

B.H.F.C
21-11-2015, 09:37 PM

That was a great bit of play and Jase should actually have scored. What was better was that about a minute later he had a similar run in the opposite direction to break up an attack, he covered some amount of ground today.

Ryan91
21-11-2015, 10:34 PM
Probably my Man of the Match today, thought he was brilliant and was playing well on a really woeful surface for most of it, don't think he did much wrong and was up and down the pitch all day.

Scouse Hibee
22-11-2015, 12:24 AM
It's quite obvious that his big problem is maintaining consistency of performance hence his drop down the leagues.

HibeeMackenzie
22-11-2015, 01:03 AM
Fyvie was absolutely immense today, broke every alloa attack up and sprung many a counter attack, although against teams like alloa, and every other team in this league i wouldn't start Fyvie and marvellous Marv, we don't need two holding midfielders against teams with nine at the back, push on, score goals and this league is ours, rangers aren't as special as their fans and 'magic hat' think they are