PDA

View Full Version : Time To Stay Calm And Focused

Dashing Bob S
21-11-2015, 05:34 PM
We've got back into this through our consistency. We should remain focused on what we do, and ignore the Huns. They have been grinding results out and have been incredibly consistent themselves. A loss at ER and a dropped point away to a gutsy, improved Livy are hardly indicative of a major collapse.

All that stands between two very consistent sides is our opening day Dumbarton debacle.

More points will be dropped over the next few months. We can make life easier for ourselves by really putting away teams like Alloa when we're as ascendant as we were today, or we're still be likely to be the ones dropping the bulk of those points.

whiskyhibby
21-11-2015, 05:42 PM
Agree with your point but not sure what else the strikers can do..... We are playing mostly against teams that just want to shut up shop, yet we had 7 chances on target today and but for some desperate defending and good goal keeping it would have been a few more

MKHIBEE
21-11-2015, 06:17 PM
We are level with them, they are the ones who have been shouting from the rooftops about their brilliant start, which it was, but it is now in our own hands. I'm convinced we will win the league, as the OP says, keep calm and focused and we will be rewarded.

NORTHERNHIBBY
21-11-2015, 06:20 PM
Worst thing that we can do is make pointless boasts. The The Rangers were preseason favourites to win this league last season and look what happened.

Onion
21-11-2015, 06:22 PM
Good advice. Much easier to be chasing than leading, so expect some of the pressure that been on Sevco in last few weeks to start to shift onto Hibs. How Stubbs and the lads handle that will determine where we end up.

In saying all that, Sevco must be wondering what the hell they have to do. Lost 1 (one) league game all season and no better than level with Hibs. Pressure will continue to build on them.

emerald green
21-11-2015, 06:36 PM
Nobody should be the least bit surprised, after today's results, to read and hear the stuff which will be produced by sevco's fans and placemen in the media in an attempt to destabilise Hibs. This will be seriously ramped up now. Hibs management and players need to be professional and not allow that to happen.

I thought the bloke (Alisdair Lamont I think) reading the report on the Livingston v Sevco game on the Sportscene results programme earlier this afternoon was going to burst into tears. Pleasing.

ACLeith
21-11-2015, 06:46 PM
Nobody should be the least bit surprised, after today's results, to read and hear the stuff which will be produced by sevco's fans and placemen in the media in an attempt to destabilise Hibs. This will be seriously ramped up now. Hibs management and players need to be professional and not allow that to happen.

I thought the bloke (Alisdair Lamont I think) reading the report on the Livingston v Sevco game on the Sportscene results programme earlier this afternoon was going to burst into tears. Pleasing.

Lamont is a Leither who went to Leith Academy, not sure who ge supported as s lad though

emerald green
21-11-2015, 06:51 PM
Lamont is a Leither who went to Leith Academy, not sure who ge supported as s lad though

Completely neutral no doubt, :rolleyes: but he didn't sound too happy that Livi had held on for a draw, that's for sure.