PDA

View Full Version : Graeme Smith

Mark79
21-11-2015, 03:19 PM
I assume it's the same squeaky voiced keeper that played for us?

https://t.co/vT64HO3XNZ

Frazerbob
21-11-2015, 04:05 PM
Yip, that's him. What a tube! Jeff and the boys of Soccer Saturday fairly giving him stick.

https://www.facebook.com/SkySports/videos/10153716894333762/

Holmesdale Hibs
21-11-2015, 04:36 PM
Haha, what a muppet.

We suffered several years of ***** keepers around his time but I actually thought he was one of the best of a terrible bunch.

bigwheel
21-11-2015, 04:50 PM
Haha, what a muppet.

We suffered several years of ***** keepers around his time but I actually thought he was one of the best of a terrible bunch.

To me. He was literally the worst....even in his clean sheets he looked terrible....forgetting the 6 at Motherwell , he lost 5 (iirc) at St Johnstone without making a save all night...very poor

Northernhibee
21-11-2015, 04:52 PM
Haha, what a muppet.

Worse than Maka IMO - the single worst goalie I've ever seen at ER. Never looked confident with shot stopping, diving, positioning, crossing, distribution, throwing, kicking, chewing gum, shaking hands at the start of the game, walking and now adding turning up to the right game to that list too.

hibees 7062
21-11-2015, 04:54 PM
Never turned for us a few times as well

Scorrie
21-11-2015, 04:55 PM
Worse than Maka IMO - the single worst goalie I've ever seen at ER. Never looked confident with shot stopping, diving, positioning, crossing, distribution, throwing, kicking, chewing gum, shaking hands at the start of the game, walking and now adding turning up to the right game to that list too.

Apart from that he was ok though

Michael
21-11-2015, 04:56 PM
Worse than Zibi. At least Zibi occasionally had a decent game.

Northernhibee
21-11-2015, 05:03 PM

Would take him back :hyper

Scorrie
21-11-2015, 05:04 PM

WoreTheGreen
21-11-2015, 05:10 PM
Never turned for us a few times as well

Turned up at my house on time and sold me sky tv

sauzee6_2
21-11-2015, 05:23 PM
To me. He was literally the worst....even in his clean sheets he looked terrible....forgetting the 6 at Motherwell , he lost 5 (iirc) at St Johnstone without making a save all night...very poor

Bit of a selective memory there.....

He saved a penalty that night at St Johnstone (it was only 4 😉), and saved a penalty during the 6-6 game.

bigwheel
21-11-2015, 05:33 PM

He saved a penalty that night at St Johnstone (it was only 4 [emoji6]), and saved a penalty during the 6-6 game.

Good on him.....still absolutely murder.

Ps. He is one of the few keepers who never looked good, even with a. Clean sheet

Liam89
21-11-2015, 05:37 PM

He saved a penalty that night at St Johnstone (it was only 4 ), and saved a penalty during the 6-6 game.

Only after he ****ed up and gave away the penalty though!

hibees 7062
21-11-2015, 05:42 PM
Turned up at my house on time and sold me sky tv

Was he wearing the green :greengrin

WoreTheGreen
21-11-2015, 05:51 PM
I almost said you look like useless twat that played for us before he agreed he was however decent sky guy

blackpoolhibs
21-11-2015, 05:54 PM
That clown would struggle to find his 6 yard line.

davidw
21-11-2015, 05:56 PM
Only after he ****ed up and gave away the penalty though!

From 6-2 up , he gave away most of the goals on that horrible night. Every cross he dropped - so much so that when he saved the penalty, the guy next to me said the Motherwell player (who took the kick) should have crossed the penalty in...

Terrible, terrible keeper.

hfc rd
21-11-2015, 07:37 PM
What an absolute clown!

Sir David Gray
21-11-2015, 07:52 PM
:faf: That's one of the funniest things I've heard for a long, long time.

.Sean.
21-11-2015, 07:53 PM
Part of 'THE GOALIE SCHOOL' :greengrin

Pretty Boy
21-11-2015, 07:58 PM
The worst of a bad bunch when it comes to that era of Hibs keepers.

HH81
21-11-2015, 07:59 PM
Awful keeper and stupid too.

PPZPOL
22-11-2015, 07:13 AM
Couldn't keep flies out a sugar bowl.

Heisenberg
22-11-2015, 08:22 AM
I couldn't believe how bad the goals were that he let in for the 6-6 game. I genuinely thought he was match fixing, the only thing that made me doubt it was his penalty save, even though he gave it away in the first place. Shocking keeper who was part of an abysmal goalie school.

c31
22-11-2015, 08:44 AM
It was Hughes that was too blame for that result, changing his tactics at 2v6, although smith had a bit of a nightmare he wasn't alone, the players baffled by Hughes changes and this was in my opinion the main reason we collapsed.

Holmesdale Hibs
22-11-2015, 09:08 AM

Dunno, it was close with respect to Maka. I can't remember Smith ever conceding a goal by booting the ball off another players arse. Don't dispute the criticisms you made but still thought he was better than Zibi, Simon Brown and Tony Caig. Sure there were a few others although thankfully it's a bit hazy these days.

Caveat: I'm not claiming this makes him a decent keeper.

Smartie
22-11-2015, 09:10 AM
He was a honking keeper for us.

I do remember being delighted when he signed though because he had some very strong games against us for Motherwell prior to joining us. And as has been pointed out elsewhere we really did have some jokers around that time.

Did we not used to constantly blame Gordon Marshall for the decent keepers joining us turning crap?

portycabbage
22-11-2015, 11:53 AM
I remember him being at Easter Road (playing for Motherwell, before his time at Hibs), shouting instructions to his defence in his high squeaky voice. Every time he got the ball, various fans in the east were making noises like a demented turkeys or Beaker off the muppets, and he was embarrassed into silence. Then I heard from a friend a few weeks later who had been at the PBS, and there had been the exact same scenario involving a certain Motherwell keeper!

22-11-2015, 03:49 PM
Dearry me :tee hee:

Terrible keeper for us.

iwasthere1972
22-11-2015, 04:33 PM
Almost as bad as me in 2004 arriving in Motherwell to watch the Hibees only to find out that it had been postponed during the morning. Walking past the parade shopping centre in Motherwell ten minutes before kick off I had a sneaky feeling that something wasn't quite right. :doh:

hibsbollah
22-11-2015, 05:48 PM
Almost as bad as me in 2004 arriving in Motherwell to watch the Hibees only to find out that it had been postponed during the morning. Walking past the parade shopping centre in Motherwell ten minutes before kick off I had a sneaky feeling that something wasn't quite right. :doh:

I got the train up from Newcastle for a lunchtime kick-off vs Celtc at ER one Saturday a few years ago. A few morning ales, really looking forward to it, arrived at Waverley, nice walk through the surprisingly quiet streets in the sunshine, arrived at Albion Rd with the stadium completely dead and shut up :dunno:

The game had been moved to the Sunday for TV the previous week and I hadn't checked the media :grr: :doh: I was so pissed off I just went straight back down on the train.

Pretty Boy
22-11-2015, 06:18 PM
I got the train up from Newcastle for a lunchtime kick-off vs Celtc at ER one Saturday a few years ago. A few morning ales, really looking forward to it, arrived at Waverley, nice walk through the surprisingly quiet streets in the sunshine, arrived at Albion Rd with the stadium completely dead and shut up :dunno:

The game had been moved to the Sunday for TV the previous week and I hadn't checked the media :grr: :doh: I was so pissed off I just went straight back down on the train.

Done similar in reverse with a mate a while back.

Hibs beat Motherwell on the Friday night, we both enjoyed it and met on the Saturday morning in keen anticipation of a trip to watch Newcastle beat West Brom. Arrived in Newcastle and where surprised by the lack of Newcastle shirts on show as the city centre is usually buzzing pre game. Asked a local and after an awkward silence he informed us the game was on Sunday due to Newcastle having played in the Europa League on the Thursday. Checked our tickers and sure enough that was the case.

A hastily arranged hotel, a slightly nervy phone call home and we enjoyed a Saturday night in Newcastle and a last minute goal on the Sunday secured a home win. Good weekend really.

hibsbollah
22-11-2015, 07:32 PM
Done similar in reverse with a mate a while back.

Hibs beat Motherwell on the Friday night, we both enjoyed it and met on the Saturday morning in keen anticipation of a trip to watch Newcastle beat West Brom. Arrived in Newcastle and where surprised by the lack of Newcastle shirts on show as the city centre is usually buzzing pre game. Asked a local and after an awkward silence he informed us the game was on Sunday due to Newcastle having played in the Europa League on the Thursday. Checked our tickers and sure enough that was the case.

A hastily arranged hotel, a slightly nervy phone call home and we enjoyed a Saturday night in Newcastle and a last minute goal on the Sunday secured a home win. Good weekend really.

I couldn't decide whether I was more angry with myself, for not checking the fixture time, or modern football, for mucking about with ko times to prostitute itself to the tv companies...I bet you were the same!

JimBHibees
23-11-2015, 07:59 AM
I couldn't believe how bad the goals were that he let in for the 6-6 game. I genuinely thought he was match fixing, the only thing that made me doubt it was his penalty save, even though he gave it away in the first place. Shocking keeper who was part of an abysmal goalie school.

Got to be said that crossed my mind also.

Andy74
23-11-2015, 09:43 AM
Got to be said that crossed my mind also.

Hughes made some changes that maybe didn't help although I could see the argument. He thought that although we had obviously done well to score the goals that the forwards had stopped working and it was allowing them to come at us.

I don't think anyone could have envisaged what happended next but we had been on a very poor run and confidence wasn't going to take much to go again once they got the momentum.

However, it was one of the most bizarre goalkeeping performances I've seen - I think he took a knock on the head which might have been a factor. If not then yes, you could argue that it lloked like he was doing his best to chuck it. Saving a penalty though just added to the strangeness!

JimBHibees
23-11-2015, 11:58 AM
Hughes made some changes that maybe didn't help although I could see the argument. He thought that although we had obviously done well to score the goals that the forwards had stopped working and it was allowing them to come at us.

I don't think anyone could have envisaged what happended next but we had been on a very poor run and confidence wasn't going to take much to go again once they got the momentum.

However, it was one of the most bizarre goalkeeping performances I've seen - I think he took a knock on the head which might have been a factor. If not then yes, you could argue that it lloked like he was doing his best to chuck it. Saving a penalty though just added to the strangeness!

Agree though the giving away of it seemed incredible, charged out and totally mistimed the challenge.

ballengeich
23-11-2015, 05:45 PM
The mistake must have been due to some odd rays emanating from Ochilview. My Airdrie supporting neighbour did the same earlier this season, going to see his team there when they were actually playing at home. Fortunately for him Airdrie is nearer Stenhousemuir than Brechin is.

Smith made another error when interviewed on Talksport this afternoon, saying that Ochilview is shared by Stirling Albion - wrong again.