PDA

View Full Version : Media One for old and young alike!

Jonnyboy
19-11-2015, 09:36 PM
I followed the link on another thread that gave extended highlights of a certain game on New Year's Day and found a treasure trove of highlight packages

Here's the first

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUqELSTyLHM

Jonnyboy
19-11-2015, 09:36 PM
And the second

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=meAVIQu51YM

Jonnyboy
19-11-2015, 09:37 PM
And the third

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRnRpndsrTQ

Jonnyboy
19-11-2015, 09:38 PM
These YouTube videos were uploaded by Joxer1875 to whom I offer my heartfelt thanks for his sterling work :greengrin

Now, any chance of getting the Napoli highlights? :greengrin

PatHead
19-11-2015, 09:45 PM
These YouTube videos were uploaded by Joxer1875 to whom I offer my heartfelt thanks for his sterling work :greengrin

Nothing to see here. We are above them all in the current European standings!

Seriously thanks.

iwasthere1972
19-11-2015, 09:54 PM

That's the one I would like to see more than any other one.

PatHead
19-11-2015, 10:24 PM
That was the best half hour I have spent in days.

GreenLake
19-11-2015, 10:30 PM
Great stuff! Thanks for sharing. :thumbsup:

poolman
19-11-2015, 10:36 PM
I followed the link on another thread that gave extended highlights of a certain game on New Year's Day and found a treasure trove of highlight packages

Here's the first

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUqELSTyLHM

Wonderful piece of trickology 😂

Forza Fred
20-11-2015, 01:44 AM
Just watched the first and it certainly brought back memories as I was at the game.

Remembered Sammy Baird's penalty, but forgot that our left winger was non other than former Scotland manager, Ally McLeod!

Some may have thought when they heard the name McLeod, that it was Johh y, but it was none other than the leader of All's Tartan Army.

I think he departed for Ayr United not long after.

Brilliant footage though.

Forza Fred
20-11-2015, 02:05 AM
Was at the Real game too where there was no boys gate and prices had been increased to 6 bob!

However my overwhelming memory is not of the game itself, but of the previous night when I was at ER to watch a Real training session.

Along with another laddie, I managed to sneak into the Real dressing room after the session for autographs.

Their club president was a great guy who personally took us to each player for them to sign my autograph book...which I still have to this day.

One player who simply refused to sign it though was Puskas...a right grumpy old bsatard he was..as was Jock Stein who came into the dressing room and kicked us out.

Where did my life go...I ask as I sit at the other side of the world some 50 years later, sheltering from 40 degree heat.

But the mere fact that one still thinks about games like this a lifetime later I is an indication I think of just how this club is important to us all.

linlithgowhibbie
20-11-2015, 05:47 AM
"Thats the roly poly goal of the year"

What a line for a commentator to come out with:thumbsup:

HIBERNIAN-0762
20-11-2015, 09:33 AM
Wonderful stuff but motion sickness kicking in now :greengrin I wonder how we would fare against Bay Hern now :wink: and have never seen that Belenenses game before, just marvelled again the game against RM, the all green strip and Willie Wilson the man in black, not forgetting the sheer genius of Willie Hamilton :not worth I was behind the goals at the bottom of the slope, a mere slip of a boy.

As you say Jon, where's that Napoli game

:top marks

emerald green
20-11-2015, 05:26 PM
Great watching the Belenenses game again. I wonder what the crowd was at that match?

It should be noted that Hibs won the return leg in Lisbon by 3-1.

lapsedhibee
20-11-2015, 05:39 PM
Willie Hamilton :not worth

WH in the year Hearts won the league:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3Z0Qa7sjDg

Malthibby
20-11-2015, 05:41 PM
Bloody marvellous.:flag:

iwasthere1972
20-11-2015, 05:56 PM
Great watching the Belenenses game again. I wonder what the crowd was at that match?

It should be noted that Hibs won the return leg in Lisbon by 3-1.

http://www.fitbastats.com/hibs/game.php?gameid=78131

alhibby
20-11-2015, 06:03 PM
Brilliant stuff, really enjoyed watching these for the first time, sadly, my Dad isn't around to watch them, he would have loved it, GGTTH:flag:

emerald green
20-11-2015, 06:25 PM
http://www.fitbastats.com/hibs/game.php?gameid=78131

Cheers for that. 20,000 exactly eh? I wonder if that figure included the hundreds who got lifted over the turnstiles in those days, like me?

It sure looked like more than 20,000.

brog
20-11-2015, 07:39 PM
Great stuff John, some random thoughts;
1. I remember the Belenenses game. Who would have thought we would have gone from 3-0 down to 6-4 up over the 2 legs! Sammy Baird's pen was almost a Panenka many years earlier!
2. I had forgotten the green shorts vs Real.
3. Stein really was visionary. He played our real striker, Neil Martin on left wing & played Jim Scott in a withdrawn striker role. Willie Hamilton of course just played where he fancied & was brilliantly supported by Quinn & Cormack.
4. Including our 2 subs, Jim O & Eric S there were 7 Hibs supporters in our 13 man squad against Real!

thanks for the memories!

brog
20-11-2015, 07:49 PM
I also meant to say, Peter Cormack, 17 years old & superb! Only a few months earlier I was playing against him in bounce games in Pilrig Park. Peter 17, King Pat 19 & Jimmy O 18.

brog
20-11-2015, 08:24 PM
WH in the year Hearts won the league:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3Z0Qa7sjDg

Was that the year Yams pipped Killie on goal average? :greengrin

Cheshire Hibby
20-11-2015, 08:29 PM
Would love to see the 6-1 thrashing of Sporting Libson followed by the 7-1 demolition of FC Besa and then the 4-2 against Hadjuk Split. There must be footage somewhere? These were great TT nights.

Bostonhibby
20-11-2015, 08:53 PM
Was that the year Yams pipped Killie on goal average? :greengrin

I think so, but they lost out because their goals were average and Killies were slightly above average, shame because they were a big team then as well. There's no way they would ever miss out on a technicality again though, not when you consider how famous they were.

Bostonhibby
20-11-2015, 08:57 PM
I also meant to say, Peter Cormack, 17 years old & superb! Only a few months earlier I was playing against him in bounce games in Pilrig Park. Peter 17, King Pat 19 & Jimmy O 18.

What a talent Cormack was, showing it to my son who is a much younger hibby and a couple of English Kids who know about the modern day Real and they just can't get their head round this, give me half an hour and we will be on to bigger and better results.

Stax
20-11-2015, 09:04 PM
Absolutely brilliant! Cheers for posting. The game hasn't changed as much as many would like us to believe.

iwasthere1972
20-11-2015, 09:05 PM
What a talent Cormack was, showing it to my son who is a much younger hibby and a couple of English Kids who know about the modern day Real and they just can't get their head round this, give me half an hour and we will be on to bigger and better results.

Must mention that I modelled myself on Peter Cormack. :greengrin

Whenever I think of Peter Cormack it takes me back to his Beckhamesque goal from the half way line against Dunfermline at ER.

Jonnyboy
20-11-2015, 09:05 PM
Absolutely brilliant! Cheers for posting. The game hasn't changed as much as many would like us to believe.

Just not as muddy these days :wink:

Bostonhibby
20-11-2015, 09:10 PM
Must mention that I modelled myself on Peter Cormack. :greengrin

Whenever I think of Peter Cormack it takes me back to his Beckamesque goal from the half way line against Dunfermline at ER.

Me too, I had a head, two legs and a pair of football boots, the comparison stopped there.:greengrin

Bishop Hibee
20-11-2015, 09:43 PM
Great stuff. Games my dad and uncles have relived over the years. Seeing players like Willie Hamilton in action is brilliant. There must be lots of other great footage out there.

Food for thought that while Real play in El Clasico this weekend watched by hundreds of millions on tv, we're away to Alloa 😕

ancient hibee
20-11-2015, 10:41 PM

These are of course from the video "Hibernian F.C.European Nights"which I have in my sweaty paw at the moment.

iwasthere1972
20-11-2015, 11:35 PM
Came across this while looking for old Hibs European nights football.

http://forums.liverpoolfc.com/threads/375584-When-did-Hibernian-FC-beat-a-European-football-giant

They haven't a clue. :wink:

O'Rourke3
20-11-2015, 11:48 PM
Cheers Johnnyboy.
Bay(h)ern game 10 days before my birth.... First sighting on TV of ER without the Cave. Confirms my memories of a single camera above the tunnel. Confirms I love the Hibs strip with an old fashioned V neck. Confirms the floodlights were not in the corners. First sight of Joe B's first stint at Hibs (was there when he returned and scored V Aberdeen). First confirmed sighting of Peter Cormack and King Pat! Puskas not as fat as he looked too.

You must look back on your 40s as a golden golden age :greengrin:greengrin:greengrin:greengrin

Forza Fred
21-11-2015, 12:15 AM
Cheers Johnnyboy.
Bay(h)ern game 10 days before my birth.... First sighting on TV of ER without the Cave. Confirms my memories of a single camera above the tunnel. Confirms I love the Hibs strip with an old fashioned V neck. Confirms the floodlights were not in the corners. First sight of Joe B's first stint at Hibs (was there when he returned and scored V Aberdeen). First confirmed sighting of Peter Cormack and King Pat! Puskas not as fat as he looked too.

You must look back on your 40s as a golden golden age :greengrin:greengrin:greengrin:greengrin

Yep, original TV crew set up was in middle of enclosure where there was a rickety looking scaffolding structure.

Was wide open and exposed to the elements though, and by memory the commentator stood there while delivering his commentary.

Nothing like the pampered pooches are used to these days.

heretoday
21-11-2015, 03:16 AM
Great stuff. Games my dad and uncles have relived over the years. Seeing players like Willie Hamilton in action is brilliant. There must be lots of other great footage out there.

Food for thought that while Real play in El Clasico this weekend watched by hundreds of millions on tv, we're away to Alloa 😕

Says it all really.

mikewynne
21-11-2015, 03:41 AM
Wonderful piece of trickology 😂

And they call him The Black Streak...different times! :)