PDA

View Full Version : Left footed goals

brog
19-11-2015, 04:14 PM
By my reckoning we've now scored 8 consecutive goals courtesy of the left foot from Jason, James & Lewis. I can't imagine there's any way we can say if this is a record but it's a remarkable sequence & way beyond anything I can recall, even in the days of Gordon, Duncan & Cropley.

FromTheCapital
19-11-2015, 04:35 PM
And a few crackers there have been too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ancient hibee
19-11-2015, 05:13 PM
Willie Ormond scored about 200 goals for Hibs-probably half a dozen weren't with his left foot!

brog
19-11-2015, 05:53 PM
Willie Ormond scored about 200 goals for Hibs-probably half a dozen weren't with his left foot!

You're 100% correct of course but I doubt he scored 8 in a row! Of course at the moment we have 2 left footed front players & even that on its own is unusual.

The Sundance Kid
19-11-2015, 05:58 PM

Similarly of Steven Fletcher's 52 goals, only 1 was with his right foot

1van Sprou7e
19-11-2015, 06:11 PM
You're 100% correct of course but I doubt he scored 8 in a row! Of course at the moment we have 2 left footed front players & even that on its own is unusual.

Also two left footed CBs which is even more unusual I would think

Pretty interesting stat though OP, could go on for a couple of games as well the way Jason James and John are playing

hibbysam
19-11-2015, 06:48 PM
Also two left footed CBs which is even more unusual I would think

Pretty interesting stat though OP, could go on for a couple of games as well the way Jason James and John are playing

Which is why it's all the more impressive that Hanlon plays on the right side of the centre halves every week, very confident on both sides with the ball on the deck!

HoboHarry
20-11-2015, 02:00 AM
Similarly of Steven Fletcher's 52 goals, only 1 was with his right foot
He scored with his right foot? Did the ball just deflect off of him? It wasn't a deliberate effort surely? :greengrin

Forza Fred
20-11-2015, 02:08 AM
By my reckoning we've now scored 8 consecutive goals courtesy of the left foot from Jason, James & Lewis. I can't imagine there's any way we can say if this is a record but it's a remarkable sequence & way beyond anything I can recall, even in the days of Gordon, Duncan & Cropley.

Brian

You were just spoiled playing with a number 10 with a left foot that frequently amazed you.:greengrin

The Sundance Kid
20-11-2015, 08:23 AM
He scored with his right foot? Did the ball just deflect off of him? It wasn't a deliberate effort surely? :greengrin

Haha if I recall he was stood about a yard out and the cross just hit off his right foot and went in

brog
20-11-2015, 10:07 AM
Brian

You were just spoiled playing with a number 10 with a left foot that frequently amazed you.:greengrin

Amazed is a perfect description Freddy! :wink:

My_Wife_Camille
20-11-2015, 10:16 AM
Haha if I recall he was stood about a yard out and the cross just hit off his right foot and went in

Nah nothing like that. Was a cross ball that he lunged at with his right against Livi. Either that or he scored more than 1

--------
20-11-2015, 11:28 AM
I'm going to have to report this thread.

Whether or not a man kicks with his left foot has nothing to do with his ability as a footballer.

No football club - especially one with the history of Hibernian - or their supporters should be asking whether a player is or is not a left-footer.

I thought we were past this sort of petty discrimination. :grr:

brog
20-11-2015, 11:33 AM
Nah nothing like that. Was a cross ball that he lunged at with his right against Livi. Either that or he scored more than 1

Was that the game where he came on for GOC fairly early on? If so that was IIRC a superb move and goal.

HiBremian
20-11-2015, 07:06 PM
I'm going to have to report this thread.

Whether or not a man kicks with his left foot has nothing to do with his ability as a footballer.

No football club - especially one with the history of Hibernian - or their supporters should be asking whether a player is or is not a left-footer.

I thought we were past this sort of petty discrimination. :grr:

Indeed. Didn't Downton Abbey confirm that anyone with a catholic background was once labelled a left footer through no fault of their own????

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

HiBremian
20-11-2015, 07:08 PM
Indeed. Didn't Downton Abbey confirm that anyone with a catholic background was once labelled a left footer through no fault of their own????

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk, thus the lack of ironic emoticons :-(

Aldo
20-11-2015, 07:30 PM
I do believe Michael O'Neill scored one of the best left footed goals v well during the 94/95 season seen at ER!

A superb volley from a Harper cross iirc!

brog
20-11-2015, 07:52 PM
I do believe Michael O'Neill scored one of the best left footed goals v well during the 94/95 season seen at ER!

A magnificent goal & a great game!

Bobo
20-11-2015, 08:10 PM

Brief highlights here:

http://youtu.be/dvgDNxueTtA

Broken Gnome
20-11-2015, 08:17 PM
Scott Brown versus Charlton. Absolute belter.

Aldo
20-11-2015, 08:25 PM
A magnificent goal & a great game!

Am I right in saying the ref blew for HT just before we scored another goal??

Mr White
20-11-2015, 08:27 PM
Garry OConnor scored a few good left footed drives from the angle in the box in his first spell with us. He's rarely given credit for how 2 footed he was.

Forza Fred
20-11-2015, 10:01 PM
Brian

Couldn't find a smiley that described it as "perplexed":top marks

brog
21-11-2015, 04:23 PM
And now it's 9!

--------
21-11-2015, 07:50 PM

I find it rather amusing when English commentators talk about players as 'left-footers' - as in 'United have three left-footers in their back four' for example. It puzzles me why they should bring the players' religion into it - I've always thought that was the Scottish disease. :greengrin

However, it does strike me that in this day and age anyone claiming to be a professional footballer who's one-footed to the point where his (or her) other foot is only good for standing on isn't really applying himself (or herself) to his (or her) profession. I've just seen Munir miss two excellent chances to further humiliate Fascist Madrid in El Clasico, both missed with his left foot. NOT GOOD ENOUGH!

Mind you - if Hibees were to clinch promotion with a goal that bounces flies off Jason Cumming's left kneecap onto Dom Malonga's backside and then off the referee's family jewels into the goal, I won't be complaining, and nor I dare say will Jason or Dom.

It would be really sweet if the referee were to be one C. Thomson ....