PDA

View Full Version : Catering

Last Minute
19-11-2015, 11:17 AM
Has the Catering now changed at Easter road. Reason I ask, My Friend at work was saying that cliff pike on Hibs tv was going on about how good the pies are now? I don't get them myself as they were rank plus way over priced. I don't mind paying that price is you get a good pie, like the ones you get in Hospitality ?

HappyHanlon
19-11-2015, 11:19 AM
As far as I know its the same scran.

Spoke to someone that used to work there and they defended the food saying its high quality produce :faf::faf:

.Sean.
19-11-2015, 11:19 AM
The curry pies are something else:greengrin

Mango Man
19-11-2015, 11:23 AM
I was just gonna mention the curry pies, easily in the top 3 worst pies I've ever had, so dry and tasteless.

iwasthere1972
19-11-2015, 11:37 AM
I was just gonna mention the curry pies, easily in the top 3 worst pies I've ever had, so dry and tasteless.

If I was on I am a Celeb and they and the kangaroos bollocks were served up in the Bushtucker Trial I know which ones I would prefer.

What's that Skippy? You would as well?

BoomtownHibees
19-11-2015, 11:40 AM
The steak pies in BTG are top quality compared to the ones in the stands

Mark79
19-11-2015, 11:50 AM
Suggested on here before but would this not be something the likes of Greggs or another maybe slightly smaller local bakers could do for us?

Guaranteed quality and if the pricing structure was the same then not too pricey at what is already a fairly expensive hobby we already have.

I very rarely buy any of the stuff from the catering as it's poor quality and over priced.

Pretty Boy
19-11-2015, 11:52 AM
I've never eaten one but just looking at the pizza slices gives me the boak.

They look undercooked, soggy and rubbery.

I wouldn't mind seeing us try a home made soup option in the winter. Cheap to produce but would likely sell well. Seen it at a few grounds in the last couple of seasons so it must be doable.

Golden Bear
19-11-2015, 11:55 AM
In general terms, is the catering at "away fixtures" consistently better than the fayre on offer at ER?

I used to think it was but I rarely attend away fixtures these days.

Brightside
19-11-2015, 11:56 AM
The food is awful...and surely you shouldn't have to explain to the guy was a Bovril is!?!?

Jack
19-11-2015, 11:59 AM
Write to the club and tell them about your grievances.

For commercial reasons the contract in the stands wasn't taken in house as the hospitality was.

However the company involved have put in a new manager this season and she is only to willing to make changes, were possible, to improve our lot. There is a will to get it right!

I'm sure we're all aware that there has been a huge improvement with the staff there, almost none are agency staff, mostly Hibbies locally recruited, whereas in the past the opposite was the case. It means they actually know what they're selling and where it is so we can be served quicker.

Golden Bear
19-11-2015, 12:07 PM

For commercial reasons the contract in the stands wasn't taken in house as the hospitality was.

However the company involved have put in a new manager this season and she is only to willing to make changes, were possible, to improve our lot. There is a will to get it right!

I'm sure we're all aware that there has been a huge improvement with the staff there, almost none are agency staff, mostly Hibbies locally recruited, whereas in the past the opposite was the case. It means they actually know what they're selling and where it is so we can be served quicker.

I was speaking to a guy a couple of months ago who said that he'd been directly employed by Hibs and his remit was to improve the service aspect of the catering outlets within the stadium. I don't think he was responsible for the actual quality of the food - only the way it was sold.

He was previously with Celtic so does have experience in stadium catering.

Hopefully it will just take time to resolve all the issues.

Brightside
19-11-2015, 12:13 PM

Do you eat in the West Lower Jack? At a guess the staff aren't local... Ive no issue getting temp staff in etc. But they need basic training in what they are selling. The guy in front of me spent a good 10 mins explaining what a steak pie was.

Golden Bear
19-11-2015, 12:15 PM
Do you eat in the West Lower Jack? At a guess the staff aren't local... Ive no issue getting temp staff in etc. But they need basic training in what they are selling. The guy in front of me spent a good 10 mins explaining what a steak pie was.

:tee hee:

Pardon me for laughing but that's a cracker.

staunchhibby
19-11-2015, 12:17 PM
The pies aregrossly over priced and poor quality

Last Minute
19-11-2015, 12:20 PM

I wouldn't mind seeing us try a home made soup option in the winter. Cheap to produce but would likely sell well. Seen it at a few grounds in the last couple of seasons so it must be doable.

Like the van in side the ground at Alloa, cup of home made soup and a buttered roll only £1.20 I think. great value

tartanhibee
19-11-2015, 12:27 PM
I may be going mad although I'm sure I seen lentil soup advertised in the west lower at the Rangers game.

iwasthere1972
19-11-2015, 12:32 PM
At the Alloa game a few weeks ago we went to get a cup of tea at half time only to be told that they didn't have any. I told the lad that he must be joking and after a couple of minutes he magically produced two tea bags from somewhere. He also magically made me pay £4.40 for them as well. Saying that they came in plastic cups which had hot water in them.

GreenLake
19-11-2015, 12:34 PM
Cliff Pike is really funny when he goes on about pies at various grounds and often has me drooling. :greengrin

A pie I used to like eating, and would have wished to be served at ER back in the day, was made by Mason's I think. Tasty and full of grease guaranteed to run down to yer elbow. I wonder if they can still be found.

Last Minute
19-11-2015, 12:35 PM

waste of time Jack, they know the fans have been unhappy for years with the quality of food us fans get. nothing has been done as they don't have to pay for them or eat them, not like the ones they get in Hospitality. It just beats me that most of the so called smaller grounds can produce much better quality food and prices but we can't. the other moan I have is the time to get served ? take the Falkirk game just passed. ordered a pie and a Bovril, before I got my change from my pocket my food and drink was on the counter. they had 3 guys at the tills just taking cash, 3 at the ovens and 3 doing the drinks. that is all they done, did not move from there posts and it worked great no queues at all hardly. Hibs please take note how it is done. Rant over

cabbageandribs1875
19-11-2015, 12:51 PM

they had Lentil soup in the East on tues, £2.50 i think

cabbageandribs1875
19-11-2015, 12:54 PM
waste of time Jack, they know the fans have been unhappy for years with the quality of food us fans get. nothing has been done as they don't have to pay for them or eat them, not like the ones they get in Hospitality. It just beats me that most of the so called smaller grounds can produce much better quality food and prices but we can't. the other moan I have is the time to get served ? take the Falkirk game just passed. ordered a pie and a Bovril, before I got my change from my pocket my food and drink was on the counter. they had 3 guys at the tills just taking cash, 3 at the ovens and 3 doing the drinks. that is all they done, did not move from there posts and it worked great no queues at all hardly. Hibs please take note how it is done. Rant over

unlike Starks park which had queues the length of Leith walk and the most god awful tasting bovril i've ever tasted...Fail

Mango Man
19-11-2015, 12:55 PM
If I was on I am a Celeb and they and the kangaroos bollocks were served up in the Bushtucker Trial I know which ones I would prefer.

What's that Skippy? You would as well?

:agree::greengrin

lord bunberry
19-11-2015, 12:57 PM
Is it Alloa that do a pie on a roll? I've never tried one, but I'm going to on Saturday if they sell them.

Hibee87
19-11-2015, 01:03 PM
Im sure i read around pre season that the catering company contract was due to expire at the end of this season and the contract was goign out to tender, Im sure Leanne has listened to the fans on this one, as she has done with everything else, and will fully take our opinions on board - maybe even get the fans involved nearer the time as well.

hibs0666
19-11-2015, 01:07 PM
Need a campaign to stock pies from Bain's in Stenhouse. Good Hibbys as well. :thumbsup:

Hibee87
19-11-2015, 01:08 PM
Is it Alloa that do a pie on a roll? I've never tried one, but I'm going to on Saturday if they sell them.

Ask any chippy for a pie roll and you will be delighted. Even better is to go in half cut and ask them for a steak pie roll, but can they take the top off the steak pie and put a handful of grated cheese in, put lid back on and leave for a min or so till it melts into the gravy.........heaven :wink:

NadeAteMyLunch!
19-11-2015, 01:12 PM
As others have said, we do a lentil soup option but it's £2.50 for a small cup which is crap value.
£2.20 for a cup of tea should actually be illegal. Considering it's basically a cup of boiled tap water, you're paying £2.20 for ONE teabag. Disgusting.
If you're going to charge what we charge then the quality has to be outstanding-it's clearly not.

Brightside
19-11-2015, 01:13 PM
Need a campaign to stock pies from Bain's in Stenhouse. Good Hibbys as well. :thumbsup:

Bain's are the best pies on the planet.

CallumLaidlaw
19-11-2015, 01:17 PM

I know a few away fans that often look forward to the pizza slice at Easter Road. It amazes me as its basically a asda smart price cheese pizza!!

BroxburnHibee
19-11-2015, 01:17 PM

2.50 is a piss take.

It will cost them about 30p to make it.

MB62
19-11-2015, 01:26 PM

Bain's are the best pies on the planet.

I've heard that from loads of people, in particular my nephew who lives up that way and uses them quite frequently. He holds Bains in the same high esteem as I do Crombie's in Broughton Street :thumbsup:

iwasthere1972
19-11-2015, 01:28 PM

I tried to get the soup a couple of times but both times they had run out. Probably only make a limited amount.

Andy74
19-11-2015, 01:35 PM
I've had to explain bovril as well. Twice been given mince pies instead of steak as well.

You get served quicker these days I find but its hard work!

Hibby70
19-11-2015, 01:53 PM
I got a coffee once where the lad hadn't pulled the foil bit back! So basically a cup of hot water.

TrinityHibs
19-11-2015, 01:57 PM
Cliff Pike is really funny when he goes on about pies at various grounds and often has me drooling. :greengrin

A pie I used to like eating, and would have wished to be served at ER back in the day, was made by Mason's I think. Tasty and full of grease guaranteed to run down to yer elbow. I wonder if they can still be found.

Masons are still churning out the pies in Newhaven. Same standard I think.

BonnieFitbaTeam
19-11-2015, 01:59 PM
I got a coffee once where the lad hadn't pulled the foil bit back! So basically a cup of hot water.

I got a Bovril once having asked for a coffee. Never noticed until I'd put three sugars in it. Wasn't the best...:doh:

bookert
19-11-2015, 02:00 PM
As others have said, we do a lentil soup option but it's £2.50 for a small cup which is crap value.
£2.20 for a cup of tea should actually be illegal. Considering it's basically a cup of boiled tap water, you're paying £2.20 for ONE teabag. Disgusting.
If you're going to charge what we charge then the quality has to be outstanding-it's clearly not.

On Tuesday, wet and cold, no soup, which although ridiculously overpriced is the only thing worth eating..

BoomtownHibees
19-11-2015, 02:12 PM
On Tuesday, wet and cold, no soup, which although ridiculously overpriced is the only thing worth eating..

I had soup in the East on Tuesday

southsider
19-11-2015, 02:32 PM
Run out of Bovril in the west. I would take my own but they will not let you in ER with a flask.

bookert
19-11-2015, 02:35 PM

LancashireHibby
19-11-2015, 02:45 PM
I know a few away fans that often look forward to the pizza slice at Easter Road. It amazes me as its basically a asda smart price cheese pizza!!

It's been the same with mates who have come up to games with me, purely because it's unheard of at grounds down here. Don't mind them at all if I'm looking to soak up a bit of pre-match boozing. They're only over priced if people stop buying them, and that doesn't seem likely any time soon. I draw the line at paying an extra quid for a couple of slices of pepperoni though.

Kojock
19-11-2015, 03:54 PM

Last season in the west upper my brother went to the kiosk and asked for a pie and a Bovril, the guy said that's £5.00, bro points to the sign that's says "meal deal pie and Bovril £4.50" guy says I know, but you didn't ask for a meal deal. :faf:

iwasthere1972
19-11-2015, 04:04 PM
I mentioned this in a thread once before. Back in about 1983 (I had lived in Guernsey since 1976 so didn't get the chance to go to many matches at that time) me and my brother attended a home match. At half time I went to get us some pies. After queuing for fifteen minutes at one of the 'huts' in the old east terracing it was my turn. We were starving as well. I asked the young girl for two pies only to be told that they only sold match programmes. :doh: By that time the second half was in progress so we did without.

Jack
19-11-2015, 04:16 PM

No, I'm in the East.

As you say it will take training, it will also take a wee bit time. It's been a learning curve for most of the people involved. ^The kiosk 'kids' probably don't understand foodstuffs that aren't served in McDonald's.^

^ Denotes a touch of sarcasm ;-)

I agree it's been years, but ...

There's only really us, the support, and a couple of players left over from not so long ago.

Like most of our club there's been a revolution in all the catering. They now even have shakedown meetings after each match to see where improvements can be made. We need to be telling the club what we want to input into these meetings.

PM me and I'll pass on the email address to write to.