PDA

View Full Version : A brief thank you to all

OfficialHFC
18-11-2015, 01:14 PM
I wanted to take some time today, post match and post what has been an important period of games in recent weeks, to thank everyone for their continued enthusiasm and support - all supporters whether near or far.

To thank Hibs.net and indeed all supporters who have joined HSL - a generous commitment from everyone involved. Those who have joined, and those who have taken the time to promote and work hard to make HSL a success. Our Board who never seem to get tired of listening and supporting us in what we want to do.

A special note to Frank and Amit - I'll use a smiley for this one....:not worth

Also, to all the staff at the Easter Road and HTC, part time, full-time, valued volunteers - the lot - you have had a heavy and sometimes difficult workload, thank you all again.

George, Alan, John, Taff and the larger group who support us and who keeps us on the footballing path - same as above.

And finally to all of you – my sincerest thanks. Football is a rollercoaster but an enjoyable one - stay with us for the ride.

Leeann

Sir David Gray
18-11-2015, 01:19 PM
Thanks to you too Leeann, you're doing a brilliant job. :aok:

CallumLaidlaw
18-11-2015, 01:23 PM
Great stuff [emoji106][emoji106]

Weststandwanab
18-11-2015, 01:23 PM
Leeann, if I may call you that, can I personally thank you for all that you have done and all that you will do in the future for our club.

I have been watching Hibs a long time and 9 years as a season ticket holder so seen some bad times.

However, at present it is an absolute pleasure to watch Hibs and indeed, like last night after the result, I am already longing for the next game.

Thanks again.

Gatecrasher
18-11-2015, 01:24 PM
I wanted to take some time today, post match and post what has been an important period of games in recent weeks, to thank everyone for their continued enthusiasm and support - all supporters whether near or far.

To thank Hibs.net and indeed all supporters who have joined HSL - a generous commitment from everyone involved. Those who have joined, and those who have taken the time to promote and work hard to make HSL a success. Our Board who never seem to get tired of listening and supporting us in what we want to do.

Also, to all the staff at the Easter Road and HTC, part time, full-time, valued volunteers - the lot - you have had a heavy and sometimes difficult workload, thank you all again.

George, Alan, John, Taff and the larger group who support us and who keeps us on the footballing path - same as above.

And finally to all of you – my sincerest thanks. Football is a rollercoaster but an enjoyable one - stay with us for the ride.

Leeann
:aok: I will be there all the way GGTTH

Pretty Boy
18-11-2015, 01:24 PM
I think a hell of a lot of Hibs fans would want to say a big thank you to those at the club who have turned us around and have Hibs, after many desperate years, back on the right course.

The club is going in the right direction and hopefully more fans will get out and back it in whatever way they can.

:flag:

brog
18-11-2015, 01:47 PM
Great note, good PR but more importantly it's sincere. Not sure I've ever seen a message like this before in my many years of watching Hibs.

givescotlandfreedom
18-11-2015, 02:01 PM
You're doing a great job. Watching Hibs is a pleasure instead of a chore again :thumbsup: not taking any nonsense off other clubs (despite one trying in particular) or the media is a big step forward too :aok:

HFC07
18-11-2015, 02:01 PM
What an amazing Job is being done at Hibs right now, from yourself Leeann and to all you mentioned in your OP.

I have come back this season with a full season ticket after 6 years without one, watching Hibs again is a joy to watch.
I truly believe we are building a team that other teams are beginning to dread playing against.

Long may this continue.

GGTTH :hibees

silverhibee
18-11-2015, 02:02 PM
:flag: :gwa: :flag:

Ozyhibby
18-11-2015, 02:07 PM
Well done, the club appear to have turned the corner both on and off the pitch. Still much to do though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Andy74
18-11-2015, 02:10 PM
I think we all feel we have our club back again. I don't think we can say any more than that!

Ozyhibby
18-11-2015, 02:13 PM
I think we all feel we have our club back again. I don't think we can say any more than that!

Or a good chunk of it anyway.[emoji6]
http://www.hiberniansupporters.co.uk/phone/donate.html

Kaff
18-11-2015, 02:17 PM
We bit the bullet and bought 3 STs this year to try and support the club early in the season and although we have still to make a game this season it has been proved worthwhile. We normally make a few games after New Year and we're champing at the bit!
Keep up the good work everyone.

.Sean.
18-11-2015, 02:22 PM
Thanks to you too Leeann

Before your arrival I was going through the motions with Hibs, no interest in talking about football with mates or at work etc, genuinely just not looking forward to going to matches or simply not bothering, although I held a season ticket.

The club's only went on one direction since your arrival, my weekends now centre around Hibs again and long may it continue. Thank you and keep it going :aok:

Golden Bear
18-11-2015, 02:35 PM
First class!

:thumbsup:

NAE NOOKIE
18-11-2015, 02:39 PM
In years gone by a statement like that emanating from Easter Road would probably have been met with a reasonable amount of scepticism along the lines of 'ach, that's them trying to butter us up again' ....... but with Leeann Dempster running the gaff it just doesn't feel like that any more, mainly because she is clearly not just someone who can talk the talk, she also walks the walk.

Its also clear that from all the people she mentioned in her post she is getting clear and positive backing in her attempts to turn the club around, a task like this can never be a one man ( or woman ) job.

None of that stuff amounts to a hill of beans if its not matched by an upturn on the park. In recent times what happens there has been nothing short of spectacular IMO .... not least of all because we are clearly able to match and beat teams who at least on paper are supposed to be better than us. Its become a pleasure to go to ER again after years of dross.

BUT:

Lets not kid ourselves. After a truly superb performance against Dundee Utd two weeks ago, a fantastic result away to St Mirren on Saturday and a run of 13 games unbeaten, including 12 wins, the least that LD and the team could have hoped for is that the home support would have reached 9,000 last night, no matter how inclement the weather ... which actually wasn't that bad in Edinburgh.

I'm sure that Leeann and Alan Stubbs would swap every word of the platitudes they are currently getting on here for the only reward that really counts for the great work they are doing ..... that the missing Hibs support will put their bloody toys back in the pram and start backing a team which now truly deserves it.

In private the poor woman must be tearing her bloomin' hair out :bitchy:

hfc rd
18-11-2015, 02:43 PM
Greatest thing to have happened to Hibs in years is managing to get yourself Leeann on board!

GGTTH

iwasthere1972
18-11-2015, 03:12 PM
Keep up the excellent work.

We are getting there. :aok:

banarc7062
18-11-2015, 03:20 PM
You're doing a great job. Watching Hibs is a pleasure instead of a chore again :thumbsup: not taking any nonsense off other clubs (despite one trying in particular) or the media is a big step forward too :aok:

We can now see why your exit from Motherwell caused them more grief that the loss of six players. Keep us on the right road to full recovery. GGTTH

Thecat23
18-11-2015, 03:21 PM
Well done to all the fans who have backed Hibs through a very difficult time.

The change in mood around ER is there for all to see, we are no longer dreading going to watch Hibs. This team has heart, this team and spirt and this team has belief.

Thank you Leeann for being part of the team that's dragged Hibernian FC off the floor and breathed new life into it. Long may it continue as well.

We are on the up and not looking back.

GGTTH.

matty_f
18-11-2015, 03:22 PM
Nice touch. :agree:

B.H.F.C
18-11-2015, 03:24 PM
Enjoying watching Hibs again. Hopefully the last few months are just the start of us getting to where we want to be.

J-C
18-11-2015, 03:29 PM
May I also use a smiley ...:flag::hibees:thumbsup:

LancashireHibby
18-11-2015, 03:34 PM
First class!

:thumbsup:
Hibs class, in fact.

PS Sort the pies out

Torto7062
18-11-2015, 04:08 PM
Thanks to you too Leeann

Before your arrival I was going through the motions with Hibs, no interest in talking about football with mates or at work etc, genuinely just not looking forward to going to matches or simply not bothering, although I held a season ticket.

The club's only went on one direction since your arrival, my weekends now centre around Hibs again and long may it continue. Thank you and keep it going :aok:

😊 Agree totally with this post..I nearly gave up
Because it hurt seeing the club flounder while
the mob across the city could mock us at will.

Thanks to L.D and the board and Stubbsy and his
backroom team things are now looking.....

FANBLOODYTASTIC.....GGTTH

ALF TUPPER
18-11-2015, 04:19 PM
💚

hibsbollah
18-11-2015, 04:25 PM
Hibs class. Thank you Leeann

Hibby Gav
18-11-2015, 04:48 PM
thank YOU !

ggtth

The_Horde
18-11-2015, 04:55 PM
You're doing a great job leeann Keep it up!

Jack
18-11-2015, 05:15 PM
Thank you

Thank you

Thank you!

18-11-2015, 05:27 PM
Thank you very much Leeann for taking the time to write this. Also a massive thank you for bringing our club back to us. You've helped build a lot of bridges with fans that had been burnt down in the past and made our club far more connected with us supporters.

We at long last have a club that we can be proud of both on and off the park.

Keep up the fantastic work, us fans are behind you 100% :thumbsup:

:gwa:

18-11-2015, 05:30 PM
Well done to all the fans who have backed Hibs through a very difficult time.

The change in mood around ER is there for all to see, we are no longer dreading going to watch Hibs. This team has heart, this team and spirt and this team has belief.

Thank you Leeann for being part of the team that's dragged Hibernian FC off the floor and breathed new life into it. Long may it continue as well.

We are on the up and not looking back.

GGTTH.

This 100%. Leeann Dempster has been the best thing to happen to hibs in a very long time. She had a monumental task ahead of her when she came to the club, the club had just been relegated and we were at an all time low but she has managed to turn things around.

Once again a massive thank you Leeann and to everybody else behind the scenes at ER!

dangermouse
18-11-2015, 05:33 PM
Leeann,

I can only echo the sentiments of all of the above posters. Prior to your arrival, for me, watching Hibs week in week out was pretty grim and far from enjoyable. You have come into this club and made inspired appointments that have turned the club round off the pitch but also where it matters for your everyday fan, on the pitch.

Thank you and keep up the good work and that goes for the whole of the backroom staff and the players themselves.

Signed

A Happy Hibee :greengrin

Hibeesmad
18-11-2015, 05:33 PM
i haven't felt this positive as a Hibs fan in a very long time, if not, ever.

Can't wait for the celebrations ahead, GGTTH.

AlbertK86
18-11-2015, 07:19 PM
I wanted to take some time today, post match and post what has been an important period of games in recent weeks, to thank everyone for their continued enthusiasm and support - all supporters whether near or far. To thank Hibs.net and indeed all supporters who have joined HSL - a generous commitment from everyone involved. Those who have joined, and those who have taken the time to promote and work hard to make HSL a success. Our Board who never seem to get tired of listening and supporting us in what we want to do. A special note to Frank and Amit - I'll use a smiley for this one....:not worth Also, to all the staff at the Easter Road and HTC, part time, full-time, valued volunteers - the lot - you have had a heavy and sometimes difficult workload, thank you all again. George, Alan, John, Taff and the larger group who support us and who keeps us on the footballing path - same as above. And finally to all of you – my sincerest thanks. Football is a rollercoaster but an enjoyable one - stay with us for the ride. Leeann

Fantastic stuff Leeann

Fantastic football on display these days

Great work by you, Stubbsy and his trusted team

First time in years I've had absolute confidence in the onfield and off - field operations at our great club

SquashedFrogg
18-11-2015, 07:28 PM
Lost for words (not an easy thing to do)

We love our club and our club now loves us :flag:

Great post, keep up the great work :top marks

Bostonhibby
18-11-2015, 07:33 PM
A big thanks too from this Hibby for starting on the restoration of the credibility of this great club after some truly dire years - we don't stop supporting but it's great to have that bit of a spring in your step when you think about recent performances and the direction we are taking.

And it makes such a difference to tune in or travel up knowing that as likely as not, we will see a fearless attacking Hibs team with players who are playing for the jersey again.

Lastly, thanks for seeing through Butcher.........there really is no comparison. We have our best Manager since Mowbray, the future's green and white again.

Speedy
18-11-2015, 07:34 PM
Just want to add that the Utd game is the best I've seen Hibs play in years, and easily the best £20 I've spent this year.

Don't think I've left a game with that 'wow' feeling since Athens.

silverhibee
18-11-2015, 07:37 PM
Nice touch. :agree:

Family board. :greengrin

silverhibee
18-11-2015, 07:40 PM
Could i just point out a wee thing to a few folk. It's Leeann :thumbsup:

banchoryhibs
18-11-2015, 07:41 PM
Tremendous Leeann, simply tremendous.
This club has spirit again!

Ronniekirk
18-11-2015, 08:31 PM

And there is no question she has been very Bold in the way she has gone about transforming our club for the better :not worth.Ps keep the good work up Silver re Match Day Thread .:aok:

kaimendhibs
18-11-2015, 08:39 PM
Thank you for everything you have done for our club Leeann. For all the great players, manager and coaches you are our best signing of all😄

Cheshire Hibby
18-11-2015, 09:10 PM

Leeann

I think the thanks are to you Leeann.

No doubt, I was one of many Hibs fans who wrote to you, emailed you upon your appointment. I know the themes of my email were leadership, good decision making, communication, trust in experience and youth, players who want to play for us, etc etc. We were a mess and very, very low. I hoped that you were the person to sort our ailments. You appointed Alan Stubbs and you have met all the challenges for this Hibby.

You have my gratitude as does Alan Stubbs? It's great to have faith and pride in the club and team again.

Hibeesforever
18-11-2015, 09:22 PM
Hibernian have their Edinburgh poise back and that is in no small measure to your excellent work Leeann. I don't need convincing that this is the start of a successful journey. Momentum will build further and lapsed fans will return. Alan Stubbs and yourself have shown a pathway to galvanise the support and utilise our potential. I thank you for that. For example, walking back through Glasgow with a Hibs support singing we are going to win the league was exhilarating. I am confident we can achieve this!

keep the faith
18-11-2015, 09:35 PM

Leeann

Massive thank you for giving us our club back. Entertaining football, club and fans working together. The Hibs way.
You have done brilliantly and worked tirelessly. I'm glad you are here and hope you will be part of real success with our club.

Sir David Gray
18-11-2015, 09:50 PM

:agree: It does my nut in how so many people fail to spell her name correctly!

Iceman1875
18-11-2015, 10:11 PM

Annoyed me for years when people spelt Riordan, Thomson and O'Connor wrong. Bizarrely they always spelt beuzelin right!

At Easter Road we play...

Leithenhibby
18-11-2015, 10:31 PM
Well done, the club appear to have turned the corner both on and off the pitch. Still much to do though.

:agree: It's good to see so many fans have their "MoJo" back, for now :greengrin

Or a good chunk of it anyway.[emoji6]
http://www.hiberniansupporters.co.uk/phone/donate.html

With the January window around the corner, perhaps it's time to make that donation knowing that Alan Stubbs & team, will invest wisely.

You know you want to - http://www.hiberniansupporters.co.uk/donate.html

GGTTH

CorrieHibs
18-11-2015, 11:30 PM
Thanks for all the work you're doing behind the scenes Leeann.

It's not been easy for us Hibs fans for a long time but we can definitely see light at the end of the tunnel.

You and Stubbs are doing a great job.

P.s I hope you get King Dom signed up soon.

Criswell
18-11-2015, 11:36 PM
Keep doing what you're doing. It's certainly working, so more of the same please!

IanM
19-11-2015, 06:23 AM
☺️💚😘

Lucius Apuleius
19-11-2015, 08:24 AM
Doing great Lee Ann and it is appreciated. I would love a car park close to the ground. ☺

Borderhibbie76
19-11-2015, 04:51 PM
Thanks to you and Mr Stubbs Leeann. ..like many have said above I've always loved my club since the age of 5 but until you and Stubbsy arrived it really was a case of going through the motions of supporting Hibs. The anger after that Hamilton play off will live with me forever...but my God 18 months on and Easter Road is like a completely different place. We now have a team fit to wear this proud jersey lead by our best manager in many years (I believe better than Mowbray who inherited a great young squad) whereas with your tremendous support, Alan has built a great squad of players. I truly am proud to be a Hibee again and it feels great. Come on guys, if you haven't already sign up for HSL and be part of something truly exciting!!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Leithenhibby
20-11-2015, 10:55 AM
Thanks to you and Mr Stubbs Leeann. ..like many have said above I've always loved my club since the age of 5 but until you and Stubbsy arrived it really was a case of going through the motions of supporting Hibs. The anger after that Hamilton play off will live with me forever...but my God 18 months on and Easter Road is like a completely different place. We now have a team fit to wear this proud jersey lead by our best manager in many years (I believe better than Mowbray who inherited a great young squad) whereas with your tremendous support, Alan has built a great squad of players. I truly am proud to be a Hibee again and it feels great. Come on guys, if you haven't already sign up for HSL and be part of something truly exciting!!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

It's certainly making a difference. Together, we are making a difference to our club.

http://www.hiberniansupporters.co.uk/

GGTTH

monktonharp
20-11-2015, 12:41 PM
fantastic progress and the Hibees fans are drifting back. keep up the great work. we have the feeling we're heading up , and with the semi-final coming up, who knows.

worcesterhibby
20-11-2015, 01:50 PM
two words Leeann, Thank you.

PatHead
20-11-2015, 04:12 PM

Fair point Treig

jacomo
20-11-2015, 04:45 PM
Just thinking back to Leeanns first post on here - the difference in tone, and the mixed reaction it got.

She has undoubtedly led a very impressive turnaround of this club. The process is ongoing and will take more time, but Hibs are heading in the right direction again.

Cheers Leeann. Good work.

EDIT: oh, and well done to the owner and chairman, for belatedly realising that real change was needed, and empowering Leeann to make those changes. Better late than never!

Mango Man
20-11-2015, 05:27 PM
Thank you, Leeann.

You are doing a fantastic job so far, it really is night and day in such a short space of time, long may it continue.

:not worth

hibs62
21-11-2015, 05:08 PM
I know how hard you work and how much you care for our club. It's a pleasure to have had time with you and to witness first hand how much you love the Hibs too! Not easy to have the support on your side when you are in your position but I think it's clear to see you are well loved and appreciated. And now we share top of the league spot! GGTTH. Lynne xx

Weststandwanab
21-11-2015, 06:50 PM
I know how hard you work and how much you care for our club. It's a pleasure to have had time with you and to witness first hand how much you love the Hibs too! Not easy to have the support on your side when you are in your position but I think it's clear to see you are well loved and appreciated. And now we share top of the league spot! GGTTH. Lynne xx
My first away game in more than a decade and my son's first ever.

Despite the cold, despite the average performance what a result. Thanks to you,the manager and the team again !

CentreLine
21-11-2015, 07:05 PM
Thank you very much to Leeann Dempster
Thank you very much
Thank you very very very much
Thank you very much to Leeann Dempster
Thank you very very very much

Stubbs save our greatest team!
Thank you very very very very much!

With apologies to Scaffold I thought maybe AS might appreciate the Liverpool connection. 😜