PDA

View Full Version : Minutes Silence

banarc7062
18-11-2015, 09:51 AM
Congratulations to all who attended the game last night and respectfully observed the minutes pre match silence as a tribute to the Paris deaths. Well done. GGTTH

Hibee87
18-11-2015, 09:58 AM
Congratulations to all who attended the game last night and respectfully observed the minutes pre match silence as a tribute to the Paris deaths. Well done. GGTTH

Dont wish to start a debate here, but can anyone confirm if the minute silence was just held for the French people?

I struggle to understand why the world seems to be reacting to this tragic event, but the bombing of 200 odd russians in a plane by ISIS and the terrorist attack that occurred on Friday in Beirut or Lebanon (kinda proves my point that im not 100% where this one happened) has barley had any coverage. I hope, and pray, this was acknowledged as well by Hibs.

Pretty Boy
18-11-2015, 10:01 AM
Dont wish to start a debate here, but can anyone confirm if the minute silence was just held for the French people?

I struggle to understand why the world seems to be reacting to this tragic event, but the bombing of 200 odd russians in a plane by ISIS and the terrorist attack that occurred on Friday in Beirut or Lebanon (kinda proves my point that im not 100% where this one happened) has barley had any coverage. I hope, and pray, this was acknowledged as well by Hibs.

The announcer mentioned both Beirut, which is the capital of Lebanon, and Paris.

FranckSuzy
18-11-2015, 10:02 AM

The Club tweeted this before the game:

Hibernian FC ‏@HibsOfficial (https://twitter.com/HibsOfficial) 15 hrs15 hours ago (https://twitter.com/HibsOfficial/status/666703858220081153) There will now be a minute's silence in respect of the victims in Paris and Beirut #HFCvLFC (https://twitter.com/hashtag/HFCvLFC?src=hash)

Geo_1875
18-11-2015, 10:02 AM

Both Beirut and Paris were mentioned by the announcer.

Twiglet
18-11-2015, 10:03 AM

On Hibs twitter and facebook they said it was for Paris and Beruit.

Hibee87
18-11-2015, 10:19 AM
Cool, never realised that it was mentioned. Sicking that we even need to have a minutes silence for anyone in the first place

cabbageandribs1875
18-11-2015, 10:54 AM
impeccably observed, as expected

banarc7062
18-11-2015, 11:16 AM
Cool, never realised that it was mentioned. Sicking that we even need to have a minutes silence for anyone in the first place

Each to there own. I was praising the excellent conduct of those football supporters at the game. I have personally been in crowds where not everyone has acted in the spirit of the request.

Mon Dieu4
18-11-2015, 11:22 AM
Each to there own. I was praising the excellent conduct of those football supporters at the game. I have personally been in crowds where not everyone has acted in the spirit of the request.

I think he meant it's sickening that these things happen in the world causing us to have minutes silences rather than the fact we did have one

Hibee87
18-11-2015, 11:33 AM

I think he meant it's sickening that these things happen in the world causing us to have minutes silences rather than the fact we did have one

Sorry Mon Diue is right, I meant it sicking these things happen in the world, not that we had one