PDA

View Full Version : Media (SHC) Giorgio Crolla RIP

FranckSuzy
18-11-2015, 10:43 AM
Just seen the sad news that Giorgio, owner of Bar Napoli, Grand Cru and other city establishments, has sadly passed away at the age of 44. I'll never forget meeting him the night of THAT semi via Falkirk and him laughing at our shell-shocked expressions. RIP Giorgio, a great Hibby.

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/news/wife-s-tribute-after-restaurant-owner-giorgio-crolla-dies-1-3951256

(http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/news/wife-s-tribute-after-restaurant-owner-giorgio-crolla-dies-1-3951256)

oconnors_strip
18-11-2015, 10:47 AM
Very sad to hear this, met him many times when eating out or on a Saturday night in a maddogs. RIP Giorgio

Pretty Boy
18-11-2015, 11:03 AM
Heard this last week. Sad news especially so soon after his brother passed away.

Twiglet
18-11-2015, 11:07 AM
Does he have another brother or cousin called Paul?

HIBERNIAN-0762
18-11-2015, 11:27 AM
Rip

Thecat23
18-11-2015, 11:30 AM
Knew Georgie for many years, and was shocked when I heard this. His brother was also a great guy! Georgie was always laughing and joking. Used to get a bit banter with couple of the cooks in there over football.

Bar Napoli won't be the same without seeing him.

RIP mate. X

NadeAteMyLunch!
18-11-2015, 12:44 PM
Walked past Grand Cru last Sunday afternoon and there was a sign on the door and flowers outside

Scouse Hibee
18-11-2015, 11:00 PM
Sad news so soon after the loss of his brother, tough time for the Crolla family just now. RIP Giorgio

Aubenas
18-11-2015, 11:25 PM
Such sad news. Taught Giorgio at school - a lovely lad. Thoughts with his folks losing two laddies so young RIP Giorgio.

monktonharp
18-11-2015, 11:45 PM
RIP, Gorgio. seems like he was larger than life, according to some comments. did notice some connection with The Tiffin. My Da and Ma, had a wee fruitshop almost directly opposite the Tiffin and went there regularly so they must have had a contact with the family.

Leithenhibby
18-11-2015, 11:49 PM
Just seen the sad news that Giorgio, owner of Bar Napoli, Grand Cru and other city establishments, has sadly passed away at the age of 44. I'll never forget meeting him the night of THAT semi via Falkirk and him laughing at our shell-shocked expressions. RIP Giorgio, a great Hibby.

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/news/wife-s-tribute-after-restaurant-owner-giorgio-crolla-dies-1-3951256

(http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/news/wife-s-tribute-after-restaurant-owner-giorgio-crolla-dies-1-3951256)

Sad news indeed, way too young, thoughts are with his family and friends.

RIP

Iggy Pope
19-11-2015, 12:03 AM
RIP, Gorgio. seems like he was larger than life, according to some comments. did notice some connection with The Tiffin. My Da and Ma, had a wee fruitshop almost directly opposite the Tiffin and went there regularly so they must have had a contact with the family.

If ever this place needed a like button. The fruit shop, Laings butchers, Mieles chippy............and edit, never knew the man but have spilled out of Bar Cru a couple of times so bad news. RIP.

AndyM_1875
19-11-2015, 12:40 PM
Terrible news for the Crolla family.
Years ago I worked for Elio in Madogs bar and remember Georgio being a good guy with a happy nature. I never knew about Elio having cancer and that plus the news about Georgio is hard to believe.
RIP.

lord bunberry
19-11-2015, 02:22 PM
He used to have the Tiffin or his family did. We used to go in to the takeaway bit there after stumbling out of the pub on a Saturday night, he was a great guy who was always up for a laugh.

patch1875
20-11-2015, 03:41 PM
Sad news he was a great guy, he used to let us q jump at mad dogs back in the day.

Bishop Hibee
20-11-2015, 04:54 PM
I've been going to Bar Napoli on and off since the mid 80s. Didn't know the guy but the welcome there is always superb, especially if you have small kids. Sad news.

RIP

monktonharp
20-11-2015, 11:26 PM
He used to have the Tiffin or his family did. We used to go in to the takeaway bit there after stumbling out of the pub on a Saturday night, he was a great guy who was always up for a laugh.sounds exactly the kinda guy my Da would have got on with, Fairways fruit shop almost opposite the Tiffin. I used to get sent over by my Ma, tell him we're closing, and gaun hame!:greengrin

Cameron1875
21-11-2015, 01:49 AM
Sad news :(. Was in Bar Napoli only the other week with my old man who knew him relatively well.

Genuinely seemed to love his job and seeing his customers enjoying their meals.

RIP.

Hibeewilly
21-11-2015, 09:09 AM
RIP Georgio - a true gentleman. For his mum and dad to lose him and Elio at such young ages is just - well words fail me. My thoughts are with them his wife Connie and family at this time

jdships
21-11-2015, 11:26 AM
I've been going to Bar Napoli on and off since the mid 80s. Didn't know the guy but the welcome there is always superb, especially if you have small kids. Sad news.

RIP

That is me also - twice a month for lunch with a few of my old mates since early 1980's
Always made welcome
Lovely man who will be sadly missed by many
RIP

Edina Erin
22-11-2015, 01:37 PM
Such sad news. Taught Giorgio at school - a lovely lad. Thoughts with his folks losing two laddies so young RIP Giorgio.

What subject? You must have taught me too.