PDA

View Full Version : Feruz

JimBHibees
18-11-2015, 05:25 AM
Got to be said it isnt always easy to come on as sub and make an effective contribution however thought he looked way off the pace and not particularly sharp or fit when he came on. Maybe time to cut our losses?

Hibby70
18-11-2015, 05:27 AM
I thought he did well in the time he was on.

Booked4Being-Ugly
18-11-2015, 05:55 AM
Looked like he had a few tricks in and around the box but chasing those long balls we were often playing last night isn't part of his game.

JimBHibees
18-11-2015, 05:58 AM
Looked like he had a few tricks in and around the box but chasing those long balls we were often playing last night isn't part of his game.

Maybe so however thought he looked knackered after 5 mins or so. On watching some of the goals he has scored in some Chelsea youth games it looked like pace was an asset, which didnt look the case last night. Maybe being unduly harsh just thought he looked off the pace.

Carheenlea
18-11-2015, 06:02 AM

It's all he has pretty much been asked to do so far though.
Hard for the guy to break into a team that keeps winning.

HappyHanlon
18-11-2015, 06:15 AM
Looks disinterested and lazy. Send him back. Doesn't add anything to the team

greenlex
18-11-2015, 06:31 AM
I'm disappointed with the little we have seen so far. I made a point of watching him during the warm ups last night and he seems to always be doing as little as possible. Almost as if he doesn't want to be here. I can't understand why he's on the bench before Carmichael to be honest. They've had about the same amount of sub appearances and the same kinda game time. Carmichael looks the better of the two. There has to be something in the loan deal small print. As I said disappointed as he came with lots of promise.

easty
18-11-2015, 06:37 AM

Bull****.

When he came on last night we had a few chances to give him it up the line but the ball was overhit, he chased it every time.

Pretty Boy
18-11-2015, 06:50 AM
Thought he looked shattered after 5 minutes. He got done for pace twice by the big lumbering Livi centre back. He's shown little, in fact nothing, so far admittedly with little time.

Greencore
18-11-2015, 06:52 AM

Shut up. 😂😂😂😂😂

JimBHibees
18-11-2015, 06:53 AM
Thought he looked shattered after 5 minutes. He got done for pace twice by the big lumbering Livi centre back. He's shown little, in fact nothing, so far admittedly with little time.

Thats what I saw.

heretoday
18-11-2015, 06:57 AM
He's hardly had a chance and he is unlikely to be match fit. I say keep him. We don't know what horrors await in terms of injuries to our big two scorers.

Bishop Hibee
18-11-2015, 07:07 AM

Agree. He could do with a run of starts which is a luxury we can't afford. He'll be away back south in the next window.

worcesterhibby
18-11-2015, 07:08 AM
I thought he looked dangerous, tricked his way past a couple of livi defenders and seemed hungry to be involved, 5 minute cameos are no way to judge a player

My_Wife_Camille
18-11-2015, 07:18 AM
I predict he'll be away in January and in 10 years time he'll look back on his 'career' and a few sub appearances for Hibs will be the highlight of it.

California-Hibs
18-11-2015, 07:24 AM
Think we're missing a trick here with Feruz and that some of the comments are harsh. He finds himself in a difficult situation where our current choice strikers are in great form. Like others have rightly pointed out, he isn't match fit, and hasn't been given games in the development squad either. I've been very disappointed that he's literally only been given around 7-8 minutes a game. I actually think he done alright last night. Showed a willingness to chase the ball, and even when he got his first touch of the ball in the corner, showed some nice quick tricky feet and won us a corner kick.

I think we'd be making a mistake to dismiss this guy and it's really frustrated me that when we've had games tied up recently by a few goals that he isn't being given a good 25-30 per game. That's what I'd be giving him. So so harsh to judge someone on little 8 minute appearances.

Still think he can be a good asset if given more minutes.

J-C
18-11-2015, 08:01 AM
I predict he'll be away in January and in 10 years time he'll look back on his 'career' and a few sub appearances for Hibs will be the highlight of it.

Not far wrong, don't know the ins and outs of his loan but I'd rather see Carmichael coming on instead, I think both he and Anier will be gone in January with Alagui too and another striker brought in who can hold the ball up.

nellio
18-11-2015, 10:43 AM
Pretty quick and did ok, but was blowing heavily after about 10 mins running!

Argylehibby
18-11-2015, 10:50 AM
Got to be said it isnt always easy to come on as sub and make an effective contribution however thought he looked way off the pace and not particularly sharp or fit when he came on. Maybe time to cut our losses?

He's not costing us anything so there are no losses.

Big_Franck
18-11-2015, 10:54 AM
I thought he did ok when he came on. Not great but he didn't do much wrong and if a couple of passes down the line had been better he may well have got in the game more. Twice he was free down that side but the pass was over-hit meaning it gave the defender the advantage to get to it first.

If he starts to get more game time he'll hopefully start to have more of an influence on games.

HappyHanlon
18-11-2015, 10:58 AM
Why's he not getting a run out in development games?

Brightside
18-11-2015, 11:05 AM
Why's he not getting a run out in development games?

Yep - rather odd. He gets no chance to prove himself in the first team so surely he should be playing in the Dev team to showcase his ability.

Someone will be along in a minute to say he to big time Charlie for the Dev team.

Mark79
18-11-2015, 11:32 AM
From what I have seen so far he is on a par with Allan O'Brien.

Much expected. Little delivered.

Andy74
18-11-2015, 11:39 AM
Yep - rather odd. He gets no chance to prove himself in the first team so surely he should be playing in the Dev team to showcase his ability.

Someone will be along in a minute to say he to big time Charlie for the Dev team.

He has had a couple of 20 minute spells so not really no chance.

My concern with him is we dominate games but he can't get into them at all.

NadeAteMyLunch!
18-11-2015, 11:39 AM
This seasons Jake Sinclair

silverhibee
18-11-2015, 11:41 AM
He's hardly had a chance and he is unlikely to be match fit. I say keep him. We don't know what horrors await in terms of injuries to our big two scorers.

So why is he not playing in the development team to get that match fitness. :confused:

Other players sitting on the bench must be scratching there heads that he is always getting used as a sub..

For me he would be getting sent back to Chelsea in January.

silverhibee
18-11-2015, 11:42 AM
I thought he looked dangerous, tricked his way past a couple of livi defenders and seemed hungry to be involved, 5 minute cameos are no way to judge a player

He got longer than 5 minutes.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
18-11-2015, 11:49 AM
Was hoping to see Farid for 15 / 20 mins.

silverhibee
18-11-2015, 11:54 AM

No, but he is taking the piss at training, I'm amazed he was even on the bench last night, which would suggest he has something written in to his contract that he has to be in the 1st team each week.

Why is he not playing in development games. ?

QMU-1875
18-11-2015, 12:03 PM
Did anyone else spot McGeouch's reaction to him coming on? Wasn't good to say the least...

Smartie
18-11-2015, 12:07 PM
Again, there were flashes of pace and ability but impossible to tell with such short cameos.

I think he looks rusty, nowhere near match fit and doesn't look "game aware" which is what a lot of people look like when they break into the team. I also thought he was blowing after about 5 minutes, which he really shouldn't.

He needs games but we have strikers on form and a need to win every week so he's not getting what he needs right now.

I remember when Kevin Harper broke into the team he had a few short cameos and looked miles off the pace. I wanted to like him though because he looked cool. Then he developed a bit physically, built on the experience of getting his early exposure to the first team and iirc got the confidence of scoring a good goal at ER against Dundee United before developing into a really good player.

I'd be surprised if Feruz goes on to be a Premier League and International star. But if he gets games, gets a bit of confidence and learns quickly then he has a bit of pace and a bit of trickery that could make him a very good player.

Not sure we are the best club for him to be at right now though. Same goes for Alex Harris, Scott Martin, Lewis Allan, Sam Stanton and you could probably argue Jordan Forster too.

Seveno
He didn't seem interested in the warm up exercises with the other subs at half time.

Ronniekirk
Was hoping to see Farid for 15 / 20 mins.

Stubbs has made it clear it will be next year before we see the best of him as he needs to build up strength and stamina and fitness but yep he won't do that sitting on the bench Maybe conditions last night meant wasn't worth risking him

hibeemikey21
18-11-2015, 12:17 PM
Did anyone else spot McGeouch's reaction to him coming on? Wasn't good to say the least...

Go on......

My_Wife_Camille
18-11-2015, 12:24 PM

Exactly what I've heard to be fair. He was playing Development games for Chelsea and isn't interested in playing a lower level of Development games here when his goal was to get first team experience

Ricky Bobby
18-11-2015, 12:36 PM
I thought he could have been brought on as soon as the 2nd went in last night. 10 mins is not enough time to get into the game. He still looked pretty lively when he came on.

KeithTheHibby
18-11-2015, 01:20 PM
He doesn't enhance the team, that much is obvious. He also doesn't look interested.

Stubbs was quick to offload Sinclair and Kennedy last January window, I can see the same happening with Feruz.
On paper we seem to have a mountain of attacking players however when it boils down to it only 3 are doing the business.

Cummings
Malonga
Keatings

The rest are pretty much bit part or not at all.

Farid
Anier
Feruz
Boyle
Insall
With the exception of Boyle and Insall we could see the other 3 leave the club permanently and with a certain Mr Riordan getting his fitness back up I do think there may be something in it for both parties...watch this space..

Smartie
18-11-2015, 01:26 PM
He doesn't enhance the team, that much is obvious. He also doesn't look interested.

Stubbs was quick to offload Sinclair and Kennedy last January window, I can see the same happening with Feruz.
On paper we seem to have a mountain of attacking players however when it boils down to it only 3 are doing the business.

Cummings
Malonga
Keatings

The rest are pretty much bit part or not at all.

Farid
Anier
Feruz
Boyle
Insall
With the exception of Boyle and Insall we could see the other 3 leave the club permanently and with a certain Mr Riordan getting his fitness back up I do think there may be something in it for both parties...watch this space..

This is something I keep hearing but I don't see.

He ran himself into the ground when he went on, to the point that he was toiling after about 5 minutes. Then he kept going.

Yes, he's not shown as much as we'd expect from him so far. And it is not like there is a shortage of rumours about his attitude towards development games etc.

But based on his appearances for the first team, we cannot fault his effort. I actually think he's trying too hard when he gets on and could do with chilling out a bit.

jacomo
18-11-2015, 01:31 PM

If he's not pulling his weight in training - and I have no insider knowledge on this - then we need him away from the squad.

Hard work is a prerequisite, no matter how much talent he may have.

itslegaltender
18-11-2015, 02:11 PM
So why is he not playing in the development team to get that match fitness. :confused:

Other players sitting on the bench must be scratching there heads that he is always getting used as a sub..

For me he would be getting sent back to Chelsea in January.

He has played in at least one development game, think he scored in it?

.Sean.
18-11-2015, 02:15 PM
What was he like??

Haymaker
18-11-2015, 02:26 PM
Exactly what I've heard to be fair. He was playing Development games for Chelsea and isn't interested in playing a lower level of Development games here when his goal was to get first team experience

How can he be properly prepared if he doesn't play in the Res games to keep match fit? If he isn't 100% match fit, how can he - or Chelsea - expect him to get the first team experience?

Seems very strange to me.

J-C
18-11-2015, 02:26 PM
No, but he is taking the piss at training, I'm amazed he was even on the bench last night, which would suggest he has something written in to his contract that he has to be in the 1st team each week.

Why is he not playing in development games. ?

You're maybe right here and Stubbs would've agreed to it thinking he was getting someone with electric pace, trickery and an U21 international to boot, the Porsche incident and a possible billy big baws attitude may have him out of here come January.

Haymaker
18-11-2015, 02:27 PM
You're maybe right here and Stubbs would've agreed to it thinking he was getting someone with electric pace, trickery and an U21 international to boot, the Porsche incident and a possible billy big baws attitude may have him out of here come January.

At 00.01 on January 1st I expect him to be sent home to London and sitting in their Development team again.

JimBHibees
18-11-2015, 02:30 PM

Metaphorically then. :greengrin

JimBHibees
18-11-2015, 02:31 PM

Agree even just for fitness and sharpness you would have thought. He did play in one game though didnt he, Hamilton rings a bell.

Smartie
18-11-2015, 02:40 PM

I'm assuming the reaction was not positive and I'd say that if McGeoch made any kind of noticeably negative reaction then that's pretty unprofessional on his part.

We may not always like the decisions our boss makes but we have to respect them.

This is as disrespectful of Stubbs as it is of Feruz.

Brooster
18-11-2015, 02:58 PM
Hibs will have to pay Chelsea more if he doesnt play. All the top English clubs operate loan deals on that basis. From what Ive seen and heard I dont think he will be hanging around.

Hibernian Verse
18-11-2015, 03:22 PM
Let's just hope Mourinho doesn't have a clause that allows him to take Cummings back and leave Feruz with us.

Joking aside, is this really the standard of the Chelsea U19s?

NORTHERNHIBBY
18-11-2015, 03:25 PM
I get the match-fit/sharp bit, but I thought he looked a bit lacking in condition for a professional player/athlete.
Not a criticism of the boy, but I couldn't help but think he was like a pre-season trialist , running off the rust.
Easy for me to say I suppose, but I can't see what he is meant to be doing.

Maybe a wee bit like Boyle, who tried his best last night, but more or less confirmed that his role is to come off the bench and made an impact, rather than play from the start.

QMU-1875
18-11-2015, 03:43 PM
I'm assuming the reaction was not positive and I'd say that if McGeoch made any kind of noticeably negative reaction then that's pretty unprofessional on his part.

We may not always like the decisions our boss makes but we have to respect them.

This is as disrespectful of Stubbs as it is of Feruz.

Yea it looked like that but again I could well be wrong as someone has pointed out to me (outside of this) that Gray had been beaten shortly beforehand and it may have been that he was pointing out to Gray the mistake. Personally I don't think he has had enough time to be judged at all and from what little I have seen of him he could well be a player. Hibs fans living up to type though, bashing someone before he has even accumulated a full 45 minutes of football...

JimBHibees
18-11-2015, 03:55 PM
Yea it looked like that but again I could well be wrong as someone has pointed out to me (outside of this) that Gray had been beaten shortly beforehand and it may have been that he was pointing out to Gray the mistake. Personally I don't think he has had enough time to be judged at all and from what little I have seen of him he could well be a player. Hibs fans living up to type though, bashing someone before he has even accumulated a full 45 minutes of football...

He has played a wee bit more than that albeit in short passages however my concern was in his apparent condition or lack of sharpness.

The_Horde
18-11-2015, 03:58 PM
He has played a wee bit more than that albeit in short passages however my concern was in his apparent condition or lack of sharpness.

Has he? Playing 10 and 20 here and there when we're defending leads is hardly giving him the quality time he would need.

The team have been doing well and he's missing out because of it.

J-C
18-11-2015, 04:00 PM

Stubbs and co may not be too fussed about any lack of conditioning and sharpness, a report will go back to Chelsea with all training details etc, their problem. I don't think they can send him back early unless it's for disciplinary reasons, we'll just have to wait till January.

18-11-2015, 04:33 PM
Not seen enough of him to be able to make a proper judgement on him. Looks like he has a bit of pace and a trick or two up his sleeve though.

silverhibee
18-11-2015, 06:47 PM
He has played in at least one development game, think he scored in it?

He has been here for 3 months nearly now and played one game about 2 months ago, he should be knocking down Stubbs door and be asking to play in development games to prove to the manager that he is worth a place in the team.

silverhibee
18-11-2015, 07:06 PM
Not seen enough of him to be able to make a proper judgement on him. Looks like he has a bit of pace and a trick or two up his sleeve though.

But that's it, we are only seeing 10-15 minutes of him in games, Stubbs and his coaching staff see him for hours nearly every day, now if the lad was on fire at training and showing Stubbs and staff what he can do then I'm sure we would have seen a lot more of him, but is he showing enough in training to force his way in to the team and make a impact, I would rather Stubbs was giving our own players coming back from injuries to get the last 15 minutes rather than a young lad on loan who isn't showing much since he has been here.

Gmack7
18-11-2015, 07:22 PM
Pretty quick and did ok, but was blowing heavily after about 10 mins running!

the game was over before he got a 2nd wind

Eyrie
18-11-2015, 09:55 PM
We're assuming here that if Feruz isn't playing regularly then Stubbs will ask Chelsea to agree to an early end to the loan.

Surely it's the other way round? Chelsea sent him here to get game time and the odd cameo at the end of a match isn't going to satisfy them so it's more likely that they'd be the ones wanting to end the deal so that they can loan him out to another club that would give him regular starts.

erin go bragh
18-11-2015, 10:15 PM
I thought he looked quite sharp , showed quick feet but not getting enough time on the park to impress .

GGTTH

My_Wife_Camille
19-11-2015, 10:02 AM
Funny how it's always Malonga and Feruz who look 'lazy and disinterested', according to some posters on here, isn't it?

For what it's worth, in the eight minutes Feruz had on the park, he threatened twice and was unlucky on both occasions.

I think some people might have been expecting a little too much from Feruz. He's played in more first-team matches for Hibs as a sub than he's managed for Chelsea, Crete and Blackpool combined.

Was it just as funny when people said Ross Caldwell was lazy and disinterested? Or Riordan?

JimBHibees
19-11-2015, 10:02 AM
He has been here for 3 months nearly now and played one game about 2 months ago, he should be knocking down Stubbs door and be asking to play in development games to prove to the manager that he is worth a place in the team.

You would think any player worth their salt would far rather be playing games than training especially when not in the first team. Dont understand anyone not wanting to play irrespective of the level you are playing at.

lucky
19-11-2015, 10:12 AM
Funny how it's always Malonga and Feruz who look 'lazy and disinterested', according to some posters on here, isn't it?

For what it's worth, in the eight minutes Feruz had on the park, he threatened twice and was unlucky on both occasions.

I think some people might have been expecting a little too much from Feruz. He's played in more first-team matches for Hibs as a sub than he's managed for Chelsea, Crete and Blackpool combined.

What a stupid post. The fact you are implying that some posters are only commenting on both players due to their skin color is just ridiculous

Golden Bear
19-11-2015, 10:33 AM
And similarly no one has suggested that Fontaine or Bartley are lazy.

HappyHanlon
19-11-2015, 11:07 AM

:rolleyes:

What are you trying to suggest? Utterly pathetic post.

The_Horde
19-11-2015, 01:06 PM
:rolleyes:

What are you trying to suggest? Utterly pathetic post.

Guy has a point though. I've seen keatings do the very same in some appearances as Feruz is being slated for (defender reading the poor pass)

I bet these are the same folk who want all Muslims kicked out the country after the Paris attacks too.

Brightside
19-11-2015, 01:11 PM
Guy has a point though. I've seen keatings do the very same in some appearances as Feruz is being slated for (defender reading the poor pass)

I bet these are the same folk who want all Muslims kicked out the country after the Paris attacks too.

:confused:

This kind of pish is just as bad as the bigots that post the stuff you are talking about. I think Malonga is lazy...if he wasn't he'd never be near Easter Road as he's technically better than most Prem players. I know a senior coach at Hibs who also thinks he's lazy. To claim that people think this has something to do with the colour of his skin is disgusting. I thought Fyvie was lazy on Tuesday - probably just coz he's Ginger tho and im not a fan of them!

The_Horde
19-11-2015, 04:27 PM

This kind of pish is just as bad as the bigots that post the stuff you are talking about. I think Malonga is lazy...if he wasn't he'd never be near Easter Road as he's technically better than most Prem players. I know a senior coach at Hibs who also thinks he's lazy. To claim that people think this has something to do with the colour of his skin is disgusting. I thought Fyvie was lazy on Tuesday - probably just coz he's Ginger tho and im not a fan of them!

Fyvie wasn't lazy he was pish.

Maybe I shouldve put a :greengrin after my original post as it was intended as a joke. What I mean is, if it's not racism what is it? I genuinely don't know what Feruz did to deserve this thread and the one on the pm board.

greenlex
19-11-2015, 04:39 PM
Fyvie wasn't lazy he was pish.

Maybe I shouldve put a :greengrin after my original post as it was intended as a joke. What I mean is, if it's not racism what is it? I genuinely don't know what Feruz did to deserve this thread and the one on the pm board.

He did nothing. Thats exactly it. He does nothing. Nothng great to make you think wow. Given his pedigree its absolutely right its being discussed. This rasicm card that gets played every time someone has an opinion of a black player is as stupid as racism its self.

The_Horde
19-11-2015, 04:51 PM
He did nothing. Thats exactly it. He does nothing. Nothng great to make you think wow. Given his pedigree its absolutely right its being discussed. This rasicm card that gets played every time someone has an opinion of a black player is as stupid as racism its self.

But he's hardly been given time enough to do anything
He looked bright on a couple of occasions but we put ourselves under unnecessary pressure at the end by switching off. Making us retreat and defend the lead. I've seen Cummings and Malonga both struggle when we're sitting back.

PISTOL1875
19-11-2015, 07:37 PM

I second that part mate.. On here though you cannot possibly say anything like that..

Forza Fred
19-11-2015, 07:42 PM

I'm with you.

You don't catch a fish every time one throws the line in the river, and just have to move on.

I think Feruz is one of those cases.
(

Hibeesforever
19-11-2015, 07:58 PM
Celtic colleague of mine told me today he thought Feruz was the highest paid player in the Championship...could be true, expectation is definitely there. He isn't delivering at the moment to make the starting eleven. Confident Stubbs will always do what is best for Hibs re: selections not Feruz just to give him game time.

19-11-2015, 08:20 PM
Attitude could make or break this lads career. I don't know the guy so i might be way off the mark but he does strike me as a bit of a big time charlie who thinks he is big time because he was at chelsea.

He obviously has talent but if he gets too carried away thinking he's mr big time then it will be very damaging to his career.

Velma Dinkley
19-11-2015, 08:39 PM
Feruz hasnt had a chance to fail at hibs yet. In the few minutes he's had he's worked hard. Malonga also works hard in his role up front, yet people say they're lazy and disinterested. So why do people say it? Hibs.net clichés? Racism? Not actually watching the players?

Both players have played their part in getting us within touching distance of automatic promotion. We will need them to help us win the league.

The_Horde
19-11-2015, 08:42 PM
Feruz hasnt had a chance to fail at hibs yet. In the few minutes he's had he's worked hard. Malonga also works hard in his role up front, yet people say they're lazy and disinterested. So why do people say it? Hibs.net clichés? Racism? Not actually watching the players?

Both players have played their part in getting us within touching distance of automatic promotion. We will need them to help us win the league.

In my experience so far. People 30+ generally hate malonga. Under 30s love him.

Alfred E Newman
19-11-2015, 08:47 PM

I think you are trying to break the record for daft posts tonight.

Brightside
19-11-2015, 08:49 PM

ageism racism good job he's not gay or short!

19-11-2015, 08:51 PM

Strange thing to say

Pretty Boy
19-11-2015, 08:53 PM
I think you are trying to break the record for daft posts tonight.

It's a fair point really, I'm 30 in 6 months and already find myself becoming less of a fan of Malonga. It's a degenerative condition.

BSEJVT
19-11-2015, 08:56 PM
I second that part mate.. On here though you cannot possibly say anything like that..

Hugely surprising that you would support something like this after your diatribe after the St Mirren game when you were in a minority of one.

Please don't tell me you have been scouring the boards for nearly two weeks in the hope that you might find someone who even remotely agreed with some of the crap you were peddling that night?

I had hoped that you had entered some self imposed exile to save us from further nonsense.

J-C
19-11-2015, 09:04 PM

I'm 56 and love him as a player, even if he is a lazy so and so now and then.

PISTOL1875
19-11-2015, 09:06 PM
Hugely surprising that you would support something like this after your diatribe after the St Mirren game when you were in a minority of one.

Please don't tell me you have been scouring the boards for nearly two weeks in the hope that you might find someone who even remotely agreed with some of the crap you were peddling that night?

I had hoped that you had entered some self imposed exile to save us from further nonsense.

Why is it crap , because you don't agree with it ??

worcesterhibby
19-11-2015, 09:13 PM
Honestly this whole thread is a total pile of Pish. The guy is a Hibs player, get behind him. The lengths people go to to find negative stuff to talk about is beyond depressing.

sometimes I honestly believe there are people who think that Hibs were lazy for only managing 7 goals in THE New Years Derby. and as for that 6-2 debacle..what on earth were the defence doing letting in 2 goals..pathetic, typical Hibs !

portycabbage
19-11-2015, 09:23 PM

When I was in my 20's, I didn't have an opinion either way on Malonga. Now, as a 39-year-old, I think he's magic and not lazy either. Just shows you.

The_Horde
19-11-2015, 09:44 PM
Strange thing to say

Is it? I've spent most of my time defending malonga against folks who are older. Just an observation. I did say generally and I also did say in my experience.

Andy74
19-11-2015, 09:45 PM

You can if you like. Doesn't make it right though. He makes the effort at the right times suggesting someone is lazy is saying he is unprofessional. That's out of order. The guy is quality and we should enjoy and praise that.

Andy, 41.

HappyHanlon
19-11-2015, 10:09 PM

Funnily enough, the older fans I work/socialise with don't rate him and think he's lazy.

But then they've witnessed the tail end of the FF and Turnbull's Tornadoes so are possibly measuring Malonga against them.

He's a cultured footballer without a shadow of a doubt. His style of play is marmite. Some will take to it, others (who've witnessed the aforementioned) won't.

My_Wife_Camille
19-11-2015, 10:11 PM
Funny, I had a similar discussion with some mates the other week (I think after the Dundee United game).

We didn't quite think it was over 30's but we did notice a trend where all the people we knew that didn't like him or thought he was lazy were of a more 'mature' age as opposed to younger guys who had alot more time for him.

Obviously saying something like that on hibs.net means that everyone has to be funny and point out that it's not the case for everyone (nobody said it was but hey ho) but there definitely seems to be a trend within the people I know. Me and two of my mates who I go to the games with like him for example while all of our dads think he is lazy and a waste of a jersey. Whether that's a coincidence or not, there's definitely a clear difference in opinions between the two generations.

I would also point out that the majority of people that I see or hear shouting at him for being lazy at games appear to ages or older with my dad and mates dads.

Scouse Hibee
19-11-2015, 10:13 PM

Away and take your pish comments elsewhere

My_Wife_Camille
19-11-2015, 10:14 PM
Funnily enough, the older fans I work/socialise with don't rate him and think he's lazy.

But then they've witnessed the tail end of the FF and Turnbull's Tornadoes so are possibly measuring Malonga against them.

He's a cultured footballer without a shadow of a doubt. His style of play is marmite. Some will take to it, others (who've witnessed the aforementioned) won't.
Snap :greengrin do you work with my dad?

HappyHanlon
19-11-2015, 10:15 PM
Snap :greengrin do you work with my dad?

Quite possibly, does he have grey hair and glasses?

cmcd
19-11-2015, 10:24 PM

Rubbish

cmcd
19-11-2015, 10:29 PM

More rubbish

jacomo
19-11-2015, 10:42 PM
More rubbish

Is it though?

He's not our player. He's here for a season, at best, from Chelsea. We need to win every week. It's mid November.

Feruz might have real potential, but we need genuine impact from him or he's not worth much to us.

cmcd
19-11-2015, 10:46 PM

I am 66 and I think malonga is a very good player as was Ally McLeod who was also called lazy

hibsbollah
19-11-2015, 10:52 PM

:grr: outrageous slur. O'Brien contributed an assist in a game once.

HappyAsHellas
19-11-2015, 11:39 PM
I watched him when he came on against St Midden and some of his movement and runs were very good, dragging defenders out wide and creating spaces for someone else to exploit. I genuinely think there's a very good football player there, but as others have said, he'll find it difficult to get a game with the team doing so well just now. I still think he can be a very good player for us as the season progresses. If we do what we're capable of on Saturday in the first half, we might be able to give him a good half to actually see what he can do. I shall reserve judgement until that time.

Humo
20-11-2015, 08:28 AM
Personally I don't rate him and I'm more than happy with our front three of Cummings, Keatings and Malonga but whenever he's on the pitch I'll give him my full support

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

monktonharp
20-11-2015, 08:58 AM
I would like to see him get at least 45mins. he did chase a few ba's, but was against a couple of dewfenders with long legs. his are short. looks wee'r than Micky Weir.:wink:

BSEJVT
20-11-2015, 07:06 PM
Why is it crap , because you don't agree with it ??

No because the vast majority of people who posted on your "thread" didn't agree with you either.

If the vast majority of people disagree with you its more likely you are wrong than they are, is it not?

Still crack on peddling your pish, lets bring back James Collins will we?

He couldn't be described as lazy. ****ing useless yes, lazy no

I have watched Hibs for over 45 years, at my fittest I tried as hard any of them, but was a worse player than all of them.

If your measure of a footballer is how hard you think they try rather than how much ability they have, I would suggest you are watching a team from the wrong side of the city.

PISTOL1875
20-11-2015, 07:38 PM
No because the vast majority of people who posted on your "thread" didn't agree with you either.

If the vast majority of people disagree with you its more likely you are wrong than they are, is it not?

I have watched Hibs for over 45 years, at my fittest I tried as hard any of them, but was a worse player than all of them.

If your measure of a footballer is how hard you think they try rather than how much ability they have, I would suggest you are watching a team from the wrong side of the city.

Peddling my pish ??

James Collins was pish but he ran his heart out in every game and gave far more effort than Malonga has ever given... I am not really bothered how long you have watched Hibs or how fit you were.. You are just like most of the posters on here , full of rubbish who slates someone else when you don't agree with there post..

Brooster
20-11-2015, 07:54 PM
As I said before. His loan deal is the same as the one we had with Kennedy from Everton in that we pay the parent club more if they dont play. Hence the cameo appearences. May not be the only factor but certainly plays a big part in it. Add in his off field activities and the fact that he turns up late for training if at all then you begin to see why he wont make it anywhere decent until he gets a grip.

greenlex
20-11-2015, 08:42 PM
Peddling my pish ??

James Collins was pish but he ran his heart out in every game and gave far more effort than Malonga has ever given... I am not really bothered how long you have watched Hibs or how fit you were.. You are just like most of the posters on here , full of rubbish who slates someone else when you don't agree with there post..
Hmmmmm Malonga or Collins? Let me think about that for a minute? Effort 0 Skill 1

matty_f
20-11-2015, 09:29 PM
Peddling my pish ??

Why have a go at most other posters? Folk are allowed to disagree with posts just as much as folk are allowed to agree with them. If someone thinks a post is guff then they can call it out as guff.

If you're in a minority with your opinion then you'll find a lot of folk calling it out. When a lot of folk agree, they will say so as well.

I don't get what makes folk come here just to have a go at the site or other posters.

Everyone's entitled to an opinion, doesn't mean that opinion can't be challenged.

hibsbollah
20-11-2015, 09:37 PM

:top marks

Sergey
20-11-2015, 09:37 PM
Why have a go at most other posters? Folk are allowed to disagree with posts just as much as folk are allowed to agree with them. If someone thinks a post is guff then they can call it out as guff.

If you're in a minority with your opinion then you'll find a lot of folk calling it out. When a lot of folk agree, they will say so as well.

I don't get what makes folk come here just to have a go at the site or other posters.

Everyone's entitled to an opinion, doesn't mean that opinion can't be challenged.

:troll:

BSEJVT
20-11-2015, 10:01 PM
Peddling my pish ??

Pot

Kettle

Black

?

PISTOL1875
21-11-2015, 10:34 AM

Yeh I understand that Matty but is there any need to be called an idiot or to be told that I peddle pish because people don't agree with what I am saying ???

Betty Boop
21-11-2015, 11:05 AM
Billy big baws.

BSEJVT
21-11-2015, 11:31 AM
Yeh I understand that Matty but is there any need to be called an idiot or to be told that I peddle pish because people don't agree with what I am saying ???

Aw diddums

Quite happy to come on here and castigate unjustly one of our current players who doesn't have the right to reply.

Then when you are called out about it and find just about no-one agreeing with you, you run complaining to the "teacher".

Like all bullies you are great giving it out, but not so clever taking it.

Pathetic

Iain G
21-11-2015, 11:35 AM
Hmmmmm Malonga or Collins? Let me think about that for a minute? Effort 0 Skill 1

Goals vs huff and puff and no end product? Hardly a hard choice is it!!

matty_f
21-11-2015, 12:48 PM

You shouldn't be getting called an idiot, no.

PISTOL1875
21-11-2015, 01:43 PM
Aw diddums

Quite happy to come on here and castigate unjustly one of our current players who doesn't have the right to reply.

Then when you are called out about it and find just about no-one agreeing with you, you run complaining to the "teacher".

Like all bullies you are great giving it out, but not so clever taking it.

Pathetic

I come on the forum and post my views , if you agree or disagree then that is fine.. I don't get personal to anyone..

if someone wants to have a personal dig at me then that's fine but i will not accept it..

BSEJVT
21-11-2015, 02:45 PM
I come on the forum and post my views , if you agree or disagree then that is fine.. I don't get personal to anyone..

if someone wants to have a personal dig at me then that's fine but i will not accept it..

Don't you see the irony in your position?

You posted some of the most personally insulting things I have ever seen on this forum about a Hibs player and were shouted down by the vast majority.

Yet you cant accept someone describing your opinion as pish!

Really?

PISTOL1875
21-11-2015, 03:36 PM
Don't you see the irony in your position?

You posted some of the most personally insulting things I have ever seen on this forum about a Hibs player and were shouted down by the vast majority.

Yet you cant accept someone describing your opinion as pish!

Really?

If you think what I posted is the one of the most insulting thing about a player you have ever seen then you clearly do not look at this very often mate...