PDA

View Full Version : McGinn v Allan Pt 5

Dashing Bob S
18-11-2015, 03:46 AM
Sorry Scott you reserve, but Muggins pass for the opener has swayed me. He can do what you do but with an engine and involving others.

Ozyhibby
18-11-2015, 06:21 AM
McGinn plays for the team in a way Scott will never be able to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JHFC
18-11-2015, 06:46 AM
Much better all round player. Every time I see him play I just don't know how we managed to pull off a 4 year deal for him. Unbelievable bit of business and an unbelievable player!

Ozyhibby
18-11-2015, 06:46 AM
Allan is 23 now and only has 80 first team games to show for it.
Mcginn is only 21 but already has 100 first team games under his belt.
Scott will have more money but he is sacrificing a career to get it.

smithy_hibees
18-11-2015, 06:47 AM
Scott who???

Steve20
18-11-2015, 07:24 AM
Scott Allan was a good player for us, but McGinn is going to make it at a high level in the game. :agree:

California-Hibs
18-11-2015, 07:28 AM
It's very simple. John McGinn is a all round superior player to Scott Allan. We produced two wonderful pieces of business swapping him for Henderson, McGeough and cash, plus getting McGinn in and signed on a 4 (love saying it) FOUR year contract!

Aaah, good bloody times indeed fellow Hibees!

DH1875
18-11-2015, 11:40 AM
Allan is 23 now and only has 80 first team games to show for it.
Mcginn is only 21 but already has 100 first team games under his belt.
Scott will have more money but he is sacrificing a career to get it.

Its not about who has the most money just now. It's about who has made the most money by the end of their career :wink:.

Super_JMcGinn
18-11-2015, 11:46 AM
I admired Scott but I never used to dream about marrying him :greengrin

Dashing Bob S
21-11-2015, 07:54 PM
Another crucial match-winning pass from McGinn.

bingo70
21-11-2015, 08:00 PM
Anyone know how many goals and assists Allan got last season and how that compares to mcginn this season?

The Sundance Kid
21-11-2015, 08:05 PM
Anyone know how many goals and assists Allan got last season and how that compares to mcginn this season?

Allan had 2 goals and 16 assists last season. McGinn has 2 goals and 6 assists so far this season. I reckon he'll go on and do better than him. Henderson also has 3 goals and 6 assists so far this season

Aldo
21-11-2015, 08:05 PM
Have to say that Allan on his game was an excellent player for us however John McGinn has taken that to the next level for me with his energy, work rate and his all round game and team player!

Best hundred or so grand the club has spent in a very long time.

This boy is immense.

hibsbollah
21-11-2015, 08:10 PM
Allan had 2 goals and 16 assists last season.

To be fair that is an absolutely outstanding stat. 16 assists?! Allan was sensational for us but hes now yesterday's news.

Jim44
21-11-2015, 08:13 PM
McGinn plays for the team in a way Scott will never be able to do.

Especially when he can't even get into the team.

NadeAteMyLunch!
21-11-2015, 08:14 PM
My vote goes to wee John! What a player!! I watched him chase back about 30 yards to tackle a Livi boy the other night, something that I don't think Allan would have done.
Saying that, would have liked to see a midfield 4 of McGinn, Allan, McGeough and Keatings at the tip

jane_says
21-11-2015, 08:19 PM
To be fair that is an absolutely outstanding stat. 16 assists?! Allan was sensational for us but hes now yesterday's news.

Was just thinking the same, fair play. But we now have a group creating chances instead of 1 player and McGinn complements them perfectly. As others have said, to basically swap Allan and a couple hundred grand for McGinn on a 4 year deal, McGeouch and Henderson for a year is absolutely outstanding business from Hibs.

God Petrie
21-11-2015, 08:31 PM
My vote goes to wee John! What a player!! I watched him chase back about 30 yards to tackle a Livi boy the other night, something that I don't think Allan would have done.
Saying that, would have liked to see a midfield 4 of McGinn, Allan, McGeough and Keatings at the tip

I would like mcginn at the tip. My tip. if u catch my drift

NadeAteMyLunch!
21-11-2015, 08:32 PM
I would like mcginn at the tip. My tip. if u catch my drift

I hear ya bro

God Petrie
21-11-2015, 08:35 PM
As an aside, I heard someone shout "I ****ing love you John mcginn" as he was taking a corner and he had a wee chuckle.

I assumed he was laughing because he only has eyes for me 👨*❤️*💋*👨

monktonharp
21-11-2015, 08:39 PM
It was an absolute tragedy, from the player's point of view, and ours, that Scott Allan never played in the Final of the Scottish cup last year. His overall performance against Falkirk in the semi was one of the best individual efforts I have ever seen by a player wearing our colours. he was fantastic that day. I was sad when he opted to sit on a bench this season for money, However I do agree with most on here that we got the best of the deal. the players that came, as a result of him moving will prove to be better in the long run. Not quite like the Stanton/MacNamara deal but has similarities. the deal I refer to, almost broke my heart.

Craig_HFC
21-11-2015, 08:43 PM
McGinn on a 4 year deal and McGeouch on a 3 year deal vs Scott Allan for one more season and then losing him to the Huns for free...

I think we've done alright.

:greengrin

1van Sprou7e
21-11-2015, 09:01 PM
It was an absolute tragedy, from the player's point of view, and ours, that Scott Allan never played in the Final of the Scottish cup last year. His overall performance against Falkirk in the semi was one of the best individual efforts I have ever seen by a player wearing our colours. he was fantastic that day. I was sad when he opted to sit on a bench this season for money, However I do agree with most on here that we got the best of the deal. the players that came, as a result of him moving will prove to be better in the long run. Not quite like the Stanton/MacNamara deal but has similarities. the deal I refer to, almost broke my heart.

this year is our year ;)

bigwheel
21-11-2015, 09:09 PM
Why do we compare McGinn with Allan? McGinn was signed before Allan left...perhaps we should compare Allan with Henderson or McGeouch as they came as a result of the Allan deal...McGinn is a joy to watch - quite a different player from Allan....id love to see Allan still with us...at his best he was football perfection....as a previous post said - his performance in the semi last year, was almost the complete performance....

GreenLake
21-11-2015, 09:32 PM
McGinn is the first player on the team sheet. Allan is not even on the team sheet.

Forza Fred
21-11-2015, 10:19 PM
McGinn is the first player on the team sheet. Allan is not even on the team sheet.

And as long as the Canberran Tom Rogic is with Celtic I think that will be the case.

Similar touch players, but Rogic has proven he can provide an end product, whereas Allan good player though he is, reminds me of candy floss.

lord bunberry
21-11-2015, 10:21 PM
As an aside, I heard someone shout "I ****ing love you John mcginn" as he was taking a corner and he had a wee chuckle.

I assumed he was laughing because he only has eyes for me *❤️**
I heard that as well, it was good to see him laughing as he waited to take the corner.

Dashing Bob S
21-11-2015, 11:33 PM
Why do we compare McGinn with Allan? McGinn was signed before Allan left...perhaps we should compare Allan with Henderson or McGeouch as they came as a result of the Allan deal...McGinn is a joy to watch - quite a different player from Allan....id love to see Allan still with us...at his best he was football perfection....as a previous post said - his performance in the semi last year, was almost the complete performance....

I agree, but we lost that game. As brilliant as Allan was that day, I feel that if we had McGinn in the side instead of him, we would have won. (No way of knowing - just a gut feeling.)

This is the paradox of Allan.

Rightly or wrongly he has come to be perceived of as 1) temperamental (only able to perform consistently if conditions are right, if he is given the kind of one-to-one encouragement by somebody like Stubbs, and made to feel valued - this won't happen at Celtic, didn't at WBA), and 2) more of an individual flair player than a team player. (Though his high number of assists perhaps show that as unfair.)

I loved Allan, it was a treat to watch him, but I'm so glad that we have McGinn on a four-year deal instead of him. (And that's before the massive McGeough and Henderson add-ons.) Great business by Alan Stubbs.

Treadstone
26-11-2015, 06:41 PM
Christ on a bike. Scott Allan cannae get a game in that Celtic midfield.

Borderhibbie76
26-11-2015, 08:51 PM
Allan just sold the jerseys and Ajax score what will probably be the winner on the breakaway

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

sbell1875
28-11-2015, 09:39 AM
McGinn on a 4 year deal and McGeouch on a 3 year deal vs Scott Allan for one more season and then losing him to the Huns for free...

I think we've done alright.

:greengrin

This 100%