PDA

View Full Version : McGeough

JJP
18-11-2015, 12:08 AM
I think he is unfortunate not to be starting games at the moment. I thought the team played better once he came on. I don't know who I would drop for him but think he would start the next game if it was up to me.

The_Horde
18-11-2015, 12:08 AM
I think he is unfortunate not to be starting games at the moment. I thought the team played better once he came on. I don't know who I would drop for him but think he would start the next game if it was up to me.

Been injured mate.

cabbageandribs1875
18-11-2015, 12:10 AM
he's only just recovered from an injury, groin/hamstring can't remember who he went off against(only couple of games ago ) :hmmm:

found it, against the bigots after 20 mins

Bronson
18-11-2015, 12:26 AM
Looked the part when he came on tonight, some really lovely touches. A very important player for us when fully fit, delighted to see him back.

matty_f
18-11-2015, 12:27 AM
Looked the part when he came on tonight, some really lovely touches. A very important player for us when fully fit, delighted to see him back.

:agree: He was very good when he came on.

Carheenlea
18-11-2015, 07:19 AM
He has a great dynamism that is missed when he is not there. Some of his twists and turns in tight areas to free him to drive forward were a delight to watch.

Ozyhibby
18-11-2015, 07:25 AM
Mcgeoch will start every match he is fit for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

smithy_hibees
18-11-2015, 07:46 AM
Isn't it good to have a decent bench, when it's not working players coming on and making a big difference

blackpoolhibs
18-11-2015, 08:06 AM
Isn't it good to have a decent bench, when it's not working players coming on and making a big difference

Yip, we've normally had an ok team with most of us praying nobody would get injured. Now there is competition for most of the positions bar a couple, and they are good replacements rather than vastly inferior ones. :top marks

lucky
18-11-2015, 08:41 AM
DM played well when he came on for the ineffective Boyle. DM gives JM a run for his money on the best player at Hibs

Borderhibbie76
18-11-2015, 08:51 AM
DM played well when he came on for the ineffective Boyle. DM gives JM a run for his money on the best player at Hibs
I agree 2 wonderful players that we are very lucky to have on 4 and 3 years deals. Well done LD and Co

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Brightside
18-11-2015, 09:03 AM

Boyle was outstanding compared to Fyvie.

Blaster
18-11-2015, 09:08 AM

On how many threads you going to have a pop at fyvie? Yes he was poor last night but give the guy a break!

Danderhall Hibs
18-11-2015, 09:13 AM
On how many threads you going to have a pop at fyvie? Yes he was poor last night but give the guy a break!

He's the latest to be teed up as the boo boy. It's a tight race between oxley, Malonga and Fyvie.

Wonder who'll win the battle?

S4uzee
18-11-2015, 09:21 AM

Take it you're not a fan of fyvie?

jacomo
18-11-2015, 12:17 PM

:agree:

He seems to be a real favourite with the coaches so I'm sure he'll be back in the starting line up soon.

He does seem to get injured frequently though.

happiehibbie
18-11-2015, 12:25 PM
give me Fyvie over Boyle any day

we have Henderson JM DM all in midfield great position to be in

Just a pity last nights game was poor we could have been 3 up in 30 mins BOYLE !!! (not good enough)

NadeAteMyLunch!
18-11-2015, 12:43 PM
McGeough and McGinn are our two strongest midfielders and will start when fit. The other places are then for Fyvie, Henderson, Bartley, Boyle, Carmichael et al to fight over

Brightside
18-11-2015, 12:47 PM
Take it you're not a fan of fyvie?

He's is normally a solid 6 or 7 player for me. But last night he looked slow and lost in that midfield. I was very surprised he wasnt removed for Bartley at start of 2nd half.

proud_and_green
18-11-2015, 12:58 PM

Rubbish!

Sir David Gray
18-11-2015, 01:11 PM
McGeouch is one of the first names on the teamsheet when he's fully fit.

You could see the difference as soon as he came on last night.

scoopyboy
18-11-2015, 01:12 PM

Agreed.

Ricky Bobby
18-11-2015, 01:32 PM
Dylan and McGinn are both players who combine hard work aggression in the tackle and flair and when fit must be the first two names on the teamsheet.
Also have to say that i have been impressed by Fyvie since coming back from injury (even though he couldnt tackle a fish supper)

GreenLake
18-11-2015, 01:35 PM
The guy can turn on a sixpence and squeeze out of a space you couldnae fit a cigarette paper into

adhibs
18-11-2015, 02:51 PM
he was excellent when he came on. was hoping hed start but surely will now on sat

Smartie
18-11-2015, 02:54 PM
I was gutted when he was taken off in the Rangers game as at that point I thought he was our best current player.

John McGinn has really shone since then though so I don't think there's much between them as far as that accolade goes.

But it was great to see Dylan come back in and make a very positive impact straight away.

Stevie Reid
18-11-2015, 03:43 PM
There was a spell last season when McGeough was better than Allan - though that changed when McGeough was out injured for a spell and Allan went from strength to strength - and SA finished the season in superb form, whereas Dylan petered out.

The midfield does have a better balance to it now anyway, but DM's dribbling ability, outball availability, and desire to take the ball in tight areas and get us up the park, are definitely on a par with Scott Allan's, IMO. I'd say the biggest difference is that DM is much more likely to turn back/retain possession - rather than try a killer pass or shot like Allan would do.

I'm delighted he has signed permanently - I think he looks far more accomplished than Henderson (who I know is much younger, and I do like) at the moment, and a lot of people think that Henderson will have a career at Celtic.

18-11-2015, 05:36 PM
McGeouch was brilliant when he came on last night. Can't wait to have him fully fit.

I like Fyvie but didn't think he had a great game last night.

AlbertK86
18-11-2015, 06:56 PM

Here FF has fair upset you last night has he not !!!!!!!! You've had a wee bite at him on a couple of different threads now !!!!!!! Has he been flirting with your Mrs or something !!!!

Yep he was poorer than he has been but the guy never hides and still rate him very highly

ancient hibee
18-11-2015, 07:29 PM
Fyvie tries hard doesn't hide and if he can continue to get the ball and give it to the really creative players that's fine.

Henderson looked absolutely knackered and I was surprised he played before Bartley after playing on Friday.Also he must learn from his mistakes - not getting over the ball when shooting and letting the ball run away from him leading to a foul.Not yet the player I thought we were getting.

Boyle is one of the most wholehearted players in the squad but for me just doesn't have it.

Smartie
18-11-2015, 07:33 PM
Fyvie tries hard doesn't hide and if he can continue to get the ball and give it to the really creative players that's fine.

Henderson looked absolutely knackered and I was surprised he played before Bartley after playing on Friday.Also he must learn from his mistakes - not getting over the ball when shooting and letting the ball run away from him leading to a foul.Not yet the player I thought we were getting.

Boyle is one of the most wholehearted players in the squad but for me just doesn't have it.

I thought he was brilliant last season. Added a different dimension to our play and we looked weaker when he wasn't in the team. He was coming on to a great game at the end of the season and we missed him badly in the playoffs - his injury coming at the same time as Forster's really crippled us.

He really hasn't made an impact this season though and has been disappointing. Maybe he's missing Scott Allan? I thought Allan looked better when he had Boyle's pace to hit in behind defences.

Maybe his injury has affected him? He doesn't appear to have the explosive pace that he did when he first arrived.

ancient hibee
18-11-2015, 07:45 PM
I thought he was brilliant last season. Added a different dimension to our play and we looked weaker when he wasn't in the team. He was coming on to a great game at the end of the season and we missed him badly in the playoffs - his injury coming at the same time as Forster's really crippled us.

He really hasn't made an impact this season though and has been disappointing. Maybe he's missing Scott Allan? I thought Allan looked better when he had Boyle's pace to hit in behind defences.

Maybe his injury has affected him? He doesn't appear to have the explosive pace that he did when he first arrived.

I think he's inclined to get crowded out by Gray and Stevenson coming towards him.He seems at a loss as to whether to let them pass,go ahead of them or move inside.Whatever he doesn't get the chance to use his speed effectively.When he plays in the centre he seems to lose his composure when he gets a chance.Nothing to beat having a pass made inside the defence for a player like him to run on to-something for the coaches otherwise he'll become more and more of a fringe player.

18-11-2015, 08:17 PM

I like Boyle but I think he is better as an impact player coming off the bench. Kind of like an Ivan Sproule type player, someone we can bring on later in the game who will inject a bit of pace and energy and cause tired defences trouble.

Aldo
18-11-2015, 08:20 PM
I like Boyle but I think he is better as an impact player coming off the bench. Kind of like an Ivan Sproule type player, someone we can bring on later in the game who will inject a bit of pace and energy and cause tired defences trouble.

Tbh I think Boyle is still suffering the hangover of his injury at the end of last season.

I thought he had been one of our better players and scored a cracking goal at Falkirk before getting injured.

I'm more than certain he will come good again once he gets more game time!

EastCalderHibby
18-11-2015, 08:26 PM
McGeouch was brilliant when he came on last night. Can't wait to have him fully fit.

no he didn't have good but how many of the others had a good game at the end of the game we won it while being dire the first half
yet could have been 2 /3 up . 100% agree McGeouch:flag:

18-11-2015, 08:34 PM
no he didn't have good but how many of the others had a good game at the end of the game we won it while being dire the first half
yet could have been 2 /3 up . 100% agree McGeouch:flag:

True. Wasn't meaning it to sound like I was having a pop.

portycabbage
18-11-2015, 09:06 PM
Tbh I think Boyle is still suffering the hangover of his injury at the end of last season.

I thought he had been one of our better players and scored a cracking goal at Falkirk before getting injured.

I'm more than certain he will come good again once he gets more game time!

Boyle came into good form at the end of last season because he was getting regular games, so I also think it's too soon to write him off now given his limited game time. Same goes for Feruz IMO.

Also agree on Mcgeouch/McGinn being our best midfielders - although we've also done well without McGeouch recently, which shows how good the rest are too.

MWHIBBIES
18-11-2015, 09:44 PM
DM played well when he came on for the ineffective Boyle. DM gives JM a run for his money on the best player at HibsBoyle was more effective than Keatings and Cummings first half, unlucky to be subbed.

SON OF PADDY
18-11-2015, 09:45 PM

Spot on Frazer didn't have his best game last night, but still put in a decent shift.

cmcd
18-11-2015, 09:48 PM
Boyle came into good form at the end of last season because he was getting regular games, so I also think it's too soon to write him off now given his limited game time. Same goes for Feruz IMO.

Also agree on Mcgeouch/McGinn being our best midfielders - although we've also done well without McGeouch recently, which shows how good the rest are too.

I agree about DM JM and FF I also like Henderson who will get even better with experience Sadly I think he must be due a suspension ??

AlbertK86
18-11-2015, 09:57 PM
Boyle was more effective than Keatings and Cummings first half, unlucky to be subbed.

Cannot agree with that all I'm afraid

Boyle has pace but no real football in my opinion

HappyHanlon
19-11-2015, 12:28 PM

He'd have started ahead of Boyle on Tuesday night if 100% match ready.

With Malonga returning from International duty, it does make you wonder who misses out as Keatings would surely slot back into where he played previously.

If it was me, i'd play McGeouch ahead of Henderson.

Dr_Regal
19-11-2015, 01:35 PM
He'd have started ahead of Boyle on Tuesday night if 100% match ready.

With Malonga returning from International duty, it does make you wonder who misses out as Keatings would surely slot back into where he played previously.

If it was me, i'd play McGeouch ahead of Henderson.

I agree if all are fully fit it should be Fyvie, McGeouch and McGinn in midfield. Cummings, Malonga and Keatings.

SaulGoodman
19-11-2015, 02:24 PM
Oxley
Gray Hanlon McGregor Stevenson
McGinn Mcgeouch Henderson
Cummings Keatings Malonga

fulshie
19-11-2015, 07:59 PM
There's no question about it that our squad is much stronger than last year and I put Dylan McGeouch as our best with a few close behind him. So happy to see him back on Tuesday.