PDA

View Full Version : Mark Oxley

Libby Hibby
17-11-2015, 10:09 PM
Excellent tonight and kept us in the game at 0-0 just before we scored...good contribution to the overall efforts tonight

Danderhall Hibs
17-11-2015, 10:12 PM
Made a couple of saves at a crucial time. No spectacular saves and definitely saves he should be making.

Still appears to be an easy target for a lot of folk though - big groans when he punched it out straight to a Hibs player in space and a load of moaning at the Livi goal - not sure why on that one, especially now that I've seen it again on SSN.

tamig
17-11-2015, 10:13 PM
Excellent tonight and kept us in the game at 0-0 just before we scored...good contribution to the overall efforts tonight

He's come on leaps and bounds this season. Many important saves at key points in quite a few games. He's maturing into a fine keeper.

Pretty Boy
17-11-2015, 10:16 PM
Played well. Two good saves and a couple of decent punches including one brave diving one in the 1st half. Of course the guy behind me screamed at him to '****ing catch it ya useless ****'. That was about as positive as he got all night.

mim
17-11-2015, 10:16 PM
Made a couple of saves at a crucial time. No spectacular saves and definitely saves he should be making.

Still appears to be an easy target for a lot of folk though - big groans when he punched it out straight to a Hibs player in space and a load of moaning at the Livi goal - not sure why on that one, especially now that I've seen it again on SSN.

A guy behind me said (at the goal), 'Oxley should have come for that'.
Still trying to work out what he meant :confused:

Scouse Hibee
17-11-2015, 10:18 PM

He meant he is a buffoon who knows **** all (the guy behind you)

Stevie Reid
17-11-2015, 10:20 PM
Showed as much promise as this team did last season - and is progressing at the same rate.

3pm
17-11-2015, 10:23 PM
He's done well this season. Shaky start in the first 2 games but not alone there.

archiebald
17-11-2015, 10:25 PM
Idiot's along from me moaned about him all night,come for it go for it catch it,and the ball was in other half.

lucky
17-11-2015, 10:39 PM
He made one good save with legs and a couple of run of the mill stops. But he is improving along with the rest of the team. There might actually be a goalkeeper in there after all.

matty_f
17-11-2015, 10:43 PM

There was a guy by us who was calling him all sorts for not coming for it, but I didn't think the goal was Oxley's fault.

Overall i felt we had a lot to thank Oxley for tonight.

Shrekko
17-11-2015, 10:56 PM
I'd still like to see a big tall goalie come off his line now and then but Oxley has been good this season. I'm not a massive fan overall but have had no real complaints about him for 2 months so that shows a decent level of consistency.

Used to think he made easy things look hard but not any more.

NAE NOOKIE
17-11-2015, 10:57 PM
Did well tonight, a few good saves and if anything was to blame for their goal it was Lewis, who after a really good bit of play made a daft pass to let them in.

Scouse Hibee
17-11-2015, 11:00 PM
Improving all the time, good steady keeper who is excellent with the ball at his feet.

greenlex
17-11-2015, 11:07 PM
There was a guy by us who was calling him all sorts for not coming for it, but I didn't think the goal was Oxley's fault.

Overall i felt we had a lot to thank Oxley for tonight.

I'm assuming he meant the only guy gambling on the ball not running out was the Livi boy just before they worked their goal and maybe Ox could have got to it before him? Poor goal to convened at a poor time.

bookert
17-11-2015, 11:29 PM
He meant he is a buffoon who knows **** all (the guy behind you)

Thats very harsh, the ball was played long into the channel, there are other goalies who would have come out the box and played it out for a throw prior to Buchanan getting to it.

Johnny_Leith
18-11-2015, 02:46 AM
Thats very harsh, the ball was played long into the channel, there are other goalies who would have come out the box and played it out for a throw prior to Buchanan getting to it.

Have you seen the goal again? No way Oxley is to blame.

He's starting to show a bit of potential, still young for a keeper and much improved on last season, keep it up Ox!

calumhibee1
18-11-2015, 07:18 AM
Played well. Two good saves and a couple of decent punches including one brave diving one in the 1st half. Of course the guy behind me screamed at him to '****ing catch it ya useless ****'. That was about as positive as he got all night.

Not in the east stand about row X/Y seat 83 or so? Guy that sits behind me is an absolute clown, every tackle isn't good enough unless the other teams player has been put in the stand, Malonga is the worst player in the SPFL by the sounds of the way he usually gets on at him, although last night it was Keatings is a lazy ******* and Boyle is a heedless chicken, Fyvie is hopeless, Gray is the worst full back we've had in a while and Fontaine is never a footballer. Oh, and Feruz is a lazy midget *******. I have no idea why the guy even bothers coming along every week.

Thecat23
18-11-2015, 07:25 AM
Wasn't there but sounded from the radio he done very well. Big man has certainly played his part in the run we have had. Confidence breeds confidence and its flowing through the whole team just now!

Pretty Boy
18-11-2015, 07:44 AM
Not in the east stand about row X/Y seat 83 or so? Guy that sits behind me is an absolute clown, every tackle isn't good enough unless the other teams player has been put in the stand, Malonga is the worst player in the SPFL by the sounds of the way he usually gets on at him, although last night it was Keatings is a lazy ******* and Boyle is a heedless chicken, Fyvie is hopeless, Gray is the worst full back we've had in a while and Fontaine is never a footballer. Oh, and Feruz is a lazy midget *******. I have no idea why the guy even bothers coming along every week.

Nope FF upper.

No idea who the guys behind me were last night, it wasn't the usual who are sound. Moaned from start to finish and knew absolutely nowt about football. When we were keeping the ball in the corner at the end we were 'hanging on', when Keatings scored his goal it was 'lucky' because he's 'lazy', Fyvie is a 'waste of a wage' and Henderson is 'never a player' and 'no interested'. Everything Oxley done was criticised, from having his shirt untucked to time wasting at 2-0 to clearing the ball long when he had a forward racing in on him, should have 'just beat the ****ing man' apparently. Call me old fashioned but I'd rather not have a keeper thinking he's Ronaldo.

I really hope they don't intend buying half STs near me as that kind of stupidity is hard enough to listen to for 90 minutes never mind half a season.

matty_f
18-11-2015, 07:49 AM
Nope FF upper.

No idea who the guys behind me were tonight, it wasn't the usual who are sound. Moaned from start to finish and knew absolutely nowt about football. When we were keeping the ball in the corner at the end we were 'hanging on', when Keatings scored his goal it was 'lucky' because he's 'lazy', Fyvie is a 'waste of a wage' and Henderson is 'never a player' and 'no interested'.

I really hope they don't intend buying half STs near me as that kind of stupidity is hard enough to listen to for 90 minutes never mind half a season.

We had a couple of experts behind us for the first half (seats RR 169/170ish in the West upper), who thankfully never came back for the second half.

Never in my time watching Hibs have i heard such garbage spouted with such conviction and such regularity as these boys. Literally commented loudly on everything that happened, usually totally wrong as well.

It was so bad that folk were constantly looking round at them with 'WTF?!' expressions on their faces.

Leithenhibby
18-11-2015, 07:51 AM
Did well tonight, a few good saves and if anything was to blame for their goal it was Lewis, who after a really good bit of play made a daft pass to let them in.

:agree:

I do believe there is a goalie in him, always liked The Ox, and even if he punches it. Clearing the lines is fine by me.

Some idiot behind me gave him pelters even though He managed to punch it to a green jersey in midfield :rolleyes:

Hibs fans for you :wink:

Kato
18-11-2015, 08:00 AM

Were these other goalies born on planet Krypton?

Danderhall Hibs
18-11-2015, 08:11 AM
We had a couple of experts behind us for the first half (seats RR 169/170ish in the West upper), who thankfully never came back for the second half.

Never in my time watching Hibs have i heard such garbage spouted with such conviction and such regularity as these boys. Literally commented loudly on everything that happened, usually totally wrong as well.

It was so bad that folk were constantly looking round at them with 'WTF?!' expressions on their faces.

:agree: absolute clowns. About 15 seconds into the game they were on about the shape etc - far too much Monday Night Football and football manager in their lives.

The reaction of everyone at HT when they went away was brilliant.

Kato
18-11-2015, 08:52 AM
football manager

Two weeks playing that rubbish and some people think they are Alex Ferguson.

Complete clowns who mostly couldn't kick a coos erse.

R'Albin
18-11-2015, 09:59 AM
One of my pet hates with football fans is they seem to expect goalkeepers to come out for everything. It would have been suicide for Oxley to come out for that goal tonight. He was much the same as he has been the majority of this season: few decent saves and looked solid.

Also, anyone else noticed that he always seems to land completely on his front when making a diving save? I previously used this as a criticism, however he seems to be making great saves whilst doing it so it's fine by me :greengrin

jacomo
18-11-2015, 10:48 AM
Nope FF upper.

No idea who the guys behind me were last night, it wasn't the usual who are sound. Moaned from start to finish and knew absolutely nowt about football. When we were keeping the ball in the corner at the end we were 'hanging on', when Keatings scored his goal it was 'lucky' because he's 'lazy', Fyvie is a 'waste of a wage' and Henderson is 'never a player' and 'no interested'. Everything Oxley done was criticised, from having his shirt untucked to time wasting at 2-0 to clearing the ball long when he had a forward racing in on him, should have 'just beat the ****ing man' apparently. Call me old fashioned but I'd rather not have a keeper thinking he's Ronaldo.

Have to say, FF upper is the worst for moaning gets IMO.

Sat there a few years ago, when I brought my American cousin along for his first ever 'soccer' match. He was utterly perplexed by the rage and complaints from all around us.

proud_and_green
18-11-2015, 12:01 PM
I overheard a guy saying that he was the worst keeper he has seen at ER in a long while. He clearly hasn't been here in recent years then!

KeithTheHibby
18-11-2015, 01:02 PM
In 18 months the big man has made a few gaffs however he's young and most keepers do make mistakes over a period of time. However in those 18 months he hasn't been dropped or even looked like being dropped so I trust AS when deciding on his keeper.

Last night I thought he had a good game. Saved what he had to and his distribution was excellent.
As for those complaining about his punches did you see the weather last night? Rain and a swirling wind?
His decision making was excellent. Keep it up Ox.

Ozyhibby
18-11-2015, 01:17 PM
I was critical of the decision to resign him but have to admit that he is much improved on last season.
Couple of crucial saves last night that last season he was not making.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

blackpoolhibs
18-11-2015, 02:38 PM
The save from Hypolyte in the 2nd half was crucial, but it was his distribution especially in the first half that stood out for me.

A few of his quick throw outs started some very good and dangerous attacks for us, he's been guilty of being too slow when on the ball in the past.

Jim Herriot
18-11-2015, 03:07 PM
He's been excellent.

We've shown we can shuffle our forwards, midfield and defence and still win. Hope Oxley stays fit of course, but if he were injured, how has Reguero been looking?

Scouse Hibee
18-11-2015, 11:23 PM

So it was you who made the comment at the game then? Wrong then and wrong again on here in my opinion.

madhatter
19-11-2015, 09:39 AM
I disliked his performances last season, he was very suspect at any balls in the air (looked almost timid). His time-wasting antics hurt us last season but are better placed this season (knowing when to slow things down). Ultimately he has improved massively for me - he's pulling off saves that he didn't last season, his understanding of the game is much better and he has improved dramatically on crosses, although still has a way to go on this.

Easily one of the better keepers we've had in the last 10 years or so. I think people forget the types of keepers we've had recently...I don't blame them completely, I try to forget my nightmares too.

ancient hibee
19-11-2015, 06:00 PM
No comparison with the goalie he was last season.

Winston Ingram
19-11-2015, 09:16 PM
Oxley has been excellent this season

Hiber-nation
19-11-2015, 09:27 PM

Agree. Surely his excellent punching will eventually shut these clowns up who keep shouting for him to "catch the ****** thing". Why risk trying to catch a difficult cross and potentially cost a goal when you can punch it 30 yards clear from danger?

Andy74
19-11-2015, 09:54 PM

Yeah there is. He isn't doing much differently. We are defending better so he isn't quite as exposed at times.

tamig
19-11-2015, 10:41 PM
Yeah there is. He isn't doing much differently. We are defending better so he isn't quite as exposed at times.

I never felt confident when Ox was in one-to-one situations last season. Almost always guaranteed to end up in the net. This season his one on ones have improved no end. He's made many crucial stops in those situations. I'd say that's a huge improvement on at least one aspect of his game.

HappyAsHellas
19-11-2015, 11:52 PM
As keepers go he's still young, and his decision making has improved drastically from last season. The 4 - 0 rout of der Hun last season he showed what he is capable of with cross balls, and his choices were the right one's on Tuesday. The defenders are confident in him, Stubbs is, why shouldn't we be?