PDA

View Full Version : If anyone still doubts Malonga's value to Hibs

Hibbyradge
17-11-2015, 10:42 PM
You obviously weren't at the game tonight.

Boy did we miss him.

Brightside
17-11-2015, 10:43 PM
You obviously weren't at the game tonight.

Boy did we miss him.

Would he have given Fyvie a kick up the archie at half time like?

Argylehibby
17-11-2015, 10:44 PM
Said that tonight as well radge, nobody up front to hold it up.

hibeemikey21
17-11-2015, 10:45 PM
Said the exact same thing too

eastterrace
17-11-2015, 10:46 PM
i said the same , he might be a lazy so and so but he sure does hold the ball up, but thank god we have keatings and mcginn.

Stevie Reid
17-11-2015, 10:46 PM
Malonga is an excellent player. Can never understand the debates that go on on here about him.

hibee_girl
17-11-2015, 10:53 PM
Malonga is an excellent player. Can never understand the debates that go on on here about him.

:agree:

AlbertK86
17-11-2015, 10:58 PM
Said same on his call up thread earlier

Superb at holding and brining others into play

scoopyboy
17-11-2015, 11:01 PM
Malonga was missed tonight and I also thought Paul Hanlon was missed as well.

Famous Fiver
17-11-2015, 11:02 PM
Boy, did we miss him.

However, if Jason had knocked that first one in we would have got five or six.

Pretty Boy
17-11-2015, 11:04 PM
We undoubtedly missed Malonga and Hanlon but we ground out a win with 2 key players missing which is a positive.

Stevie Reid
17-11-2015, 11:05 PM
Malonga was missed tonight and I also thought Paul Hanlon was missed as well.

We definitely lack composure at the back without Hanlon. Fontaine didn't have a great night.

Brightside
17-11-2015, 11:12 PM
We definitely lack composure at the back without Hanlon. Fontaine didn't have a great night.

Fontaine and Fyvie were very poor...as a result we struggled to play our normal game out from the back.

Boyle89
17-11-2015, 11:17 PM
First thing my dad said when he phoned me was this.
Shame Dom didn't even get on for Congo.

Andy74
17-11-2015, 11:20 PM
i said the same , he might be a lazy so and so but he sure does hold the ball up, but thank god we have keatings and mcginn.

This lazy chat should be knocked on the head. His style off the ball has nothing to do with what effort he puts in for us.

offshorehibby
17-11-2015, 11:27 PM
Malonga for me is a great player so we were bound to miss him but Jason was very unlucky on at least 3 occasions and if Keetings we overhead flick had gone in then that would have been another hat trick.

Hanlon is a big miss when he's not playing.

All in all we won, pressure's on the hun they're away to Livi on Saturday, who will give them a hard game.

J-C
17-11-2015, 11:33 PM
Without Malonga we lack height and strength, Farid would've been the obvious replacement but still huge question marks over his career. Can't see Feruz or Anier being here after January and another striker may be looked at, someone that can hold the ball up.

Seveno
18-11-2015, 01:26 PM
We should have scored 5/6 goals last night. I don't think that having Malonga playing would have had an influence on that.

We only seem to lose goals when Hanlon doesn't play and I think he is a much more critical player for us.

jacomo
18-11-2015, 04:23 PM
Without Malonga we lack height and strength, Farid would've been the obvious replacement but still huge question marks over his career. Can't see Feruz or Anier being here after January and another striker may be looked at, someone that can hold the ball up.

Farid says he's fit and just needs to get match time now.

Let's hope that's true. Would be a great time for him to come back.

NORTHERNHIBBY
18-11-2015, 04:31 PM
I rate Dom, and I want him in our team, but had Jason had his eye in, and Keatings had a wee bit more luck, and the whole team had thought about playing for 90 minutes and not thinking about an early hot shower, then we were winning this four or maybe five nil.
So a wee bit of perspective maybe?

Hibby Kay-Yay
18-11-2015, 05:56 PM
With such a strong squad to choose from now, who drops out for Malonga, McGeoch and Hanlon?

Keith_M
18-11-2015, 06:21 PM
If Malonga had been on the pitch, Cummings wouldn't have missed an open goal.

Fact!

:wink:

AlbertK86
18-11-2015, 06:40 PM
With such a strong squad to choose from now, who drops out for Malonga, McGeoch and Hanlon?

Brilliant position to be in.

Assuming everybody is fit I'd bring the aforementioned 3 in for McGregor, Henderson and Boyle

Maybe Harsh on Henderson but feel he maybe needs a wee rest and can come on if any of the midfield diamond are struggling

The Sundance Kid
18-11-2015, 06:52 PM

Personally for me would be Boyle, Fyvie and Fontaine.
Think Boyle is better at stretching teams coming from the bench in the last 20 minutes of games.
Fyvie had a poor game last night and with us up against rock bottom of the league Alloa next, I think McGeouch replacing him would give us a more positive and attacking line up than if he was replacing Henderson.
I didn't feel any of the back four had a great game last night and don't think that Hanlon's absence coinciding with this was a coincidence as he's been in superb form this season. I do think McGregor had a bit of a better game than Fontaine though and Stubbs hasn't always gone with Fontaine on plastic pitches so reckon he'll be the one to drop out.

DH1875
18-11-2015, 08:05 PM
Brilliant position to be in.

Assuming everybody is fit I'd bring the aforementioned 3 in for McGregor, Henderson and Boyle

Maybe Harsh on Henderson but feel he maybe needs a wee rest and can come on if any of the midfield diamond are struggling

Would agree with McGregor & Boyle but would drop Fyvie not Henderson.