PDA

View Full Version : Keatings....

3pm
17-11-2015, 09:39 PM
He's no Gavin Reilly but he's a turning out to be a steal.

Albanian Hibs
17-11-2015, 09:40 PM

Much better than Gavin Reilly

Stevie Reid
17-11-2015, 09:42 PM
Great movement and is so dangerous when he gets a sight of goal, with his shooting ability. Hardworker too.

The attacking options we have are superb.

iwasthere1972
17-11-2015, 09:42 PM

If only the overhead kick had gone in. Another hattrick.

Liam89
17-11-2015, 09:43 PM
It's disappointing that Cummings didn't continue his run of goals but I'm glad Keatings continued with his good form!

gaz1875
17-11-2015, 09:43 PM
Top finisher will score plenty for us this season if he can stay fit :not worth

Pretty Boy
17-11-2015, 09:47 PM
Natural finisher. Good player. That's all that needs said really.

Bronson
17-11-2015, 10:02 PM
I forget how young he is, still only 23.

I'd have him tied down on a new deal, got all ability to progress down south for me. Cracking wee player, great signing.:aok:

Alfred E Newman
17-11-2015, 10:06 PM
All the Hearts fans I know were sorry to see him dumped by the Famous.

Andy74
17-11-2015, 10:07 PM
Much better than Gavin Reilly

I think that was the point.

Diclonius
17-11-2015, 10:11 PM
Looking like a bad gamble for Hearts, swapping Keatings for Reilly.

scoopyboy
17-11-2015, 10:15 PM

I'd actually forgotten about Reilly, he's not doing very well. :greengrin

O'Rourke3
17-11-2015, 10:19 PM
The second was another Keatings Rifle........ feel a song coming on

Sent via the bushes @ EM

AlbertK86
17-11-2015, 10:22 PM
The second was another Keatings Rifle........ feel a song coming on Sent via the bushes @ EM

Love it

He was wearing pretty green and is certainly a boy about town 😉

NadeAteMyLunch!
17-11-2015, 10:25 PM
Cheers Hearts [emoji106]

JJP
17-11-2015, 11:04 PM
Hearts didn't get rid of him. They told him he wouldn't be starting this season so they agreed to part ways. Hearts loss is our gain though.

7 Up
17-11-2015, 11:14 PM

Certainly is. Keatings banging them in for us, while Reilly is hardly setting the heather alight across town.

WellingtonHibby
18-11-2015, 12:03 AM
Certainly is. Keatings banging them in for us, while Reilly is hardly setting the heather alight across town.

On that note, im really surprised Dan Carmichael is so peripheral at hibs, i thought he would be bought to be a starter and he's not even making the bench? Anybody know the story with him, or if he has just be usurped by better (and unforseen) signings coming in?

MWHIBBIES
18-11-2015, 12:14 AM
On that note, im really surprised Dan Carmichael is so peripheral at hibs, i thought he would be bought to be a starter and he's not even making the bench? Anybody know the story with him, or if he has just be usurped by better (and unforseen) signings coming in?Same with Stanton, where has he been recently?

Mikey09
18-11-2015, 12:37 AM
Think you'll find I started a thread last January saying I would take him at Easter Road... Just saying... :greengrin

California-Hibs
18-11-2015, 03:30 AM
And to think they swapped Keatings for REILLY....:faf::faf::faf:

Cheers Jambos, brilliant piece of business you done there!! :aok:

scoopyboy
18-11-2015, 05:34 AM
And to think they swapped Keatings for REILLY....:faf::faf::faf:

Cheers Jambos, brilliant piece of business you done there!! :aok:

It's even better than that C-H.

They had to pay QOTS ~£50,000 and I think they had to give Keatings a wee sweetener to leave.

As with McGregor / Rangers the horrible club had no idea we had lined him up. :greengrin

scoopyboy
18-11-2015, 05:34 AM
Same with Stanton, where has he been recently?

injured

scoopyboy
18-11-2015, 05:36 AM
On that note, im really surprised Dan Carmichael is so peripheral at hibs, i thought he would be bought to be a starter and he's not even making the bench? Anybody know the story with him, or if he has just be usurped by better (and unforseen) signings coming in?

Awaiting a wee op is my understanding.

I was a tad surprised to see him playing in the 20s derby last week though.

Waxy
18-11-2015, 08:17 AM
Great strikeforce we have now. So good they almost deserve a name. Such as the terrific trio or the like.

ballengeich
18-11-2015, 08:22 AM
I was concerned earlier in the season that the players in our midfield diamond didn't get forward enough and wouldn't score goals. The introduction of Keatings has sorted an important deficiency in the line-up. Hope he keeps it up!

Billy Whizz
18-11-2015, 08:28 AM
Wonder if James will score more than Jason this season, if both stay fit

BOB MARLEYS DUG
18-11-2015, 08:37 AM
Love him!

erin go bragh
18-11-2015, 08:47 AM

13 / 07 in Jason's favour . But two games ago it were 12/ 2 . Brilliant competition . My money is on J :)

GGTTH

Jack Hackett
18-11-2015, 08:58 AM
A rivalry for top scorer is most welcome

Hibee87
18-11-2015, 09:18 AM
A rivalry for top scorer is most welcome

I seem to remember we had another strike partnership with a £100 bet. Stokes and Riorden or Oconner and griffiths i think it was :confused:

Im sure someone will remember, and it will be interesting to see what that pair finished on

worcesterhibby
18-11-2015, 09:31 AM
The second was another Keatings Rifle........ feel a song coming on

Sent via the bushes @ EM

Hello-Hurray - The Hearts wouldn't pay for the Keatings Rifles, Keatings Rifles
Hello-Hurray - For the Hibs he'll play, scoring Keatings Rifles, Keatings Rifles

Hello-Hurray - We want a hat trick today of Keatings Rifles, Keatings Rifles
Hello-Hurray - Better off at ER than down Gorgie watching Keatings Rifles, Keatings Rifles

Keatings Rifles, Keatings Rifles!

California-Hibs
18-11-2015, 09:35 AM
It's even better than that C-H.

They had to pay QOTS ~£50,000 and I think they had to give Keatings a wee sweetener to leave.

As with McGregor / Rangers the horrible club had no idea we had lined him up. :greengrin

They paid a fee for him?? :faf: They also gave Keatings a sweetener also??? :faf::faf:

Oh Scoopy stop it man! :faf::faf::faf:

:aok:

It's funny regarding McGregor as I've been reading quite a few Rangers fans who aren't happy they released him at all. :greengrin

jacomo
18-11-2015, 09:44 AM
Hello-Hurray - For the Hibs he'll play, scoring Keatings Rifles, Keatings Rifles

Hello-Hurray - Better off at ER than down Gorgie watching Keatings Rifles, Keatings Rifles

Craig Levein's a f****** p****.

Kojock
18-11-2015, 09:45 AM

Was hoping for a penalty last night after Keatings brace. Would have been interesting to see if Jason would have taken it to keep his scoring run going or if it would have been handed Keatings for his hat trick. My money would have been on Jason. :agree:

Craigyno1
18-11-2015, 10:07 AM
I'd actually forgotten about Reilly, he's not doing very well. :greengrin

When watching him last year, I thought he looked poor and couldn't believe it when Hearts signed him.....best player on the park in the Rangers play off game for QOS was Carmichael........

Shaggy
18-11-2015, 11:39 AM
..... bad and good news,
I think cummings will go at window,:duck:
but Keatings likely to hit another 25 in the rest of the season..:flag:

O'Rourke3
18-11-2015, 11:48 AM

Get the singing section!

Sent via the bushes @ EM

Hibee87
18-11-2015, 12:06 PM
..... bad and good news,
I think cummings will go at window,:duck:
but Keatings likely to hit another 25 in the rest of the season..:flag:

What makes you think cummings will be away? Unless a crazy bid comes in, he will be still be here. And who has the 1.5 -2 mill plus that hibs would likely accept for him?

Shaggy
18-11-2015, 12:23 PM
What makes you think cummings will be away? Unless a crazy bid comes in, he will be still be here. And who has the 1.5 -2 mill plus that hibs would likely accept for him?

.. I havent heard anything/rumours etc,

I just think there is a lot of daft desperate championship clubs with a lot of money, and there is potential candidate here with great current statistics,
I just feel Keatings is going to be better in the long term,

Normally I would slate the club for selling talent prematurely, but will Cummings ££ stock ever be so high ?

Iggy Pope
18-11-2015, 04:46 PM

I just think there is a lot of daft desperate championship clubs with a lot of money, and there is potential candidate here with great current statistics,

Normally I would slate the club for selling talent prematurely, but will Cummings ££ stock ever be so high ?

James Keatings is a very good footballer all round. Are you not worried about the prospect of losing him then?

Iggy Pope
18-11-2015, 04:48 PM

That last verse needs a wee bit of work, but good effort WH.

eastcoasthibby
18-11-2015, 05:32 PM
I am not sure about Cummings real value being so high at this time ...I get it completely that he is still young and learning the trade but doing a terrific job for us but in my humble opinion, I think there are quite a few gaps in his game that means he would be a risk for big fee ..say from English championship !! Touch, heading ability, very one footed .... Decision making, ! Before I get my head taken off, I can see improvement from last season but still a fair bit to go and the longer he is with us the better ...as far as I am concerned ....
I think Keatings is a much better all round player, he is a clever player and good finisher, links up well with others and his left foot is more clinical than Cummings ..so perhaps he is more desirable to others ..if his fitness is ok !! ??

NAE NOOKIE
18-11-2015, 06:00 PM

First verse:

Sup up your beer & collect you fags
Theres a great team playing in Leith just now
You lot can follow the ***** in the west
We're gonna follow the team that's the best

:greengrin

AlbertK86
18-11-2015, 06:10 PM
Loving the Keatings Rifles

Think it could really take off.......

Imagine the Sound Affects in the East when that was belted out 😜 !!!

Sons what a great Setting that would be to pay him tribute !!

marinello59
18-11-2015, 06:11 PM
Keatings rifles.
We have to get that one going. :thumbsup:

ancient hibee
18-11-2015, 06:17 PM
Keatings is a sound player-this may be his best level.

Cummings has developed well -is anyone going to pay big money for him now unproven at a decent level.I honestly think that far too many of us forget that we are watching a very poor level of football.

Smartie
18-11-2015, 06:29 PM
Keatings is a sound player-this may be his best level.

Cummings has developed well -is anyone going to pay big money for him now unproven at a decent level.I honestly think that far too many of us forget that we are watching a very poor level of football.

You can only do the business against what is in front of you.

Cummings and Keatings have consistently done the business in this league. IIRC Keatings topped the scoring charts 2 years ago and were it not for injury/ selection policy might have been higher last season. Cummings was top scorer in his only full season last season.

Cummings has scored regularly against Rangers and Hearts both big clubs in Championship terms, as well as against Aberdeen and Dundee United in the cups.

Neither player has ever had an opportunity to fail at a higher level - they have only ever been successful (leaving aside Cummings debut season as an 18yo under Butcher which could be put down to being a valuable learning experience.)

When you are consistently successful at a particular level you earn the opportunity to test yourself at a higher level.

It is up to whoever is buying to decide how high level a club may take a punt on either of them.

ancient hibee
18-11-2015, 06:33 PM
You can only do the business against what is in front of you.

Cummings and Keatings have consistently done the business in this league. IIRC Keatings topped the scoring charts 2 years ago and were it not for injury/ selection policy might have been higher last season. Cummings was top scorer in his only full season last season.

Cummings has scored regularly against Rangers and Hearts both big clubs in Championship terms, as well as against Aberdeen and Dundee United in the cups.

Neither player has ever had an opportunity to fail at a higher level - they have only ever been successful (leaving aside Cummings debut season as an 18yo under Butcher which could be put down to being a valuable learning experience.)

When you are consistently successful at a particular level you earn the opportunity to test yourself at a higher level.

It is up to whoever is buying to decide how high level a club may take a punt on either of them.

I think that's what I just said-good at this level unproven otherwise.

Smartie
18-11-2015, 06:38 PM
I think that's what I just said-good at this level unproven otherwise.

"Unproven" is better than "consistently failed when tested at a higher level".

I don't think anyone will bid silly money for them but players who are playing well and scoring goals will always attract attention. I wouldn't be surprised at all to see bids come in from clubs that might test our resolve, if not put in bids that we can't afford to turn down.

Sir David Gray
18-11-2015, 10:51 PM
:singing: Ooooh James Keatings, he used to be a Jambo but he's alright now.

erin go bragh
19-11-2015, 01:40 PM
:singing: Ooooh James Keatings, he used to be a Jambo but he's alright now.

That song should never be sung after ginger baws Stuart went back to them . IMHO

GGTTH

Baader
19-11-2015, 01:47 PM
Both mostly untested in the league above, yes, but have absolutely no doubt they would be scoring goals at that level. Let's be honest - opposition like Hamilton, Killie, Partick aren't much off what they face some (not all) weeks.

worcesterhibby
19-11-2015, 02:22 PM
That last verse needs a wee bit of work, but good effort WH.

Hello-Hurray - It's a hi-bees day watching Keatings Rifles, Keatings Rifles

I think that scans better :thumbsup:

gorgie greens
19-11-2015, 03:57 PM

Think it would be lunacy even if there was a bid on the table for a couple of million ,
We need to get out this league ,we cannot afford to stay in it ,not sure how much it costs us being in the lower league .

Hibernian Verse
19-11-2015, 05:02 PM

Reilly has a similar goalscoring record to Valdas Trakys, albeit he has scored 1 more. So he's scored 1.

Winston Ingram
19-11-2015, 09:19 PM
He's been perfect in behind the front 2. He's quick feet enables him to create far more chances than anyone else that's played in there

Vini1875
19-11-2015, 10:21 PM
No way Cummings for anything near £1M. Remember Griffiths went to celtc from Wolves for a figure around that and after he had proved himself at SPL level. I rate Cummings but hope with Hibs going up he and a few others sign extensions and then prove themselves in the SPL. Big money moves could follow on then but not before.

Shrekko
19-11-2015, 10:27 PM
He's been perfect in behind the front 2. He's quick feet enables him to create far more chances than anyone else that's played in there

Total agree - it's been the missing link. We're far more fluid with JK in that role. The fact he's capable of banging them in from the edge of the box is the icing on the cake. He's a clever player and he's in the right place -in more ways than one.

jacomo
20-11-2015, 10:49 AM
Reilly has a similar goalscoring record to Valdas Trakys, albeit he has scored 1 more. So he's scored 1.

Christ. A bleak reminder from that period where we habitually signed mediocre journeymen once anyone decent had already been snapped up.

Iggy Pope
20-11-2015, 04:31 PM

Hello-Hurray - It's a hi-bees day watching Keatings Rifles, Keatings Rifles

I think that scans better :thumbsup:

I can sense the shouty rifles bit being a popular refrain. You're doing well here!

Andy74
20-11-2015, 04:55 PM
Christ. A bleak reminder from that period where we habitually signed mediocre journeymen once anyone decent had already been snapped up.

Trakys gave two of the finest complete centre forward performances that we'd seen for some time. Then never played!

Eyrie
20-11-2015, 06:11 PM
Total agree - it's been the missing link. We're far more fluid with JK in that role. The fact he's capable of banging them in from the edge of the box is the icing on the cake. He's a clever player and he's in the right place -in more ways than one.

We've been missing goals from midfield for some time now, so Keatings has definitely improved us.

JimBHibees
21-11-2015, 08:47 AM
Trakys gave two of the finest complete centre forward performances that we'd seen for some time. Then never played!

Agree wasn't at Ibrox when we won but remember a home game v Motherwell where he played an excellent target man performance.

Hibernian Verse
21-11-2015, 09:42 AM
Agree wasn't at Ibrox when we won but remember a home game v Motherwell where he played an excellent target man performance.

Laid off Deek for 2 goals IIRC?

NORTHERNHIBBY
21-11-2015, 09:46 AM

Especially that showing at Hunbrox. Must admit that I thought we hand landed a real catch.