PDA

View Full Version : Wwwwwdwwwwwwww

Liam89
17-11-2015, 09:42 PM
Our form since our last defeat. Very nice to look at! :thumbsup:

Anyone know the last time we had a run like this?

Apologies for the eyesore title but it reads 13 wins and 1 draw :wink:

wpj
17-11-2015, 09:46 PM
Fantastic, yes lower league but still a great run 😃

Viva_Palmeiras
17-11-2015, 09:52 PM
Eyesore?!!! Certainly not - it's a sight for sore eyes :)

Unlike the picture of that yam burd hanging out the window at Tynie.

Liam89
17-11-2015, 09:59 PM
With wins in there against Aberdeen, Falkirk, Raith, Qots, Rangers and Dundee Utd it really is a fantastic run. Just need to keep the head screwed on and take each game in our stride and i'm confident it'll be a tight title race up until the end.

James.
17-11-2015, 10:00 PM
What was Rangers biggest points lead over us? I'm sure it was in the teens at one point. To have it down to 2 is damn impressive.

Islington Hibs
17-11-2015, 10:02 PM
Rangers, while winning some games easily, have struggled in others. They will drop points although they have a strong attack their defence is not brilliant. If we keep this form up we will do them.

oneone73
17-11-2015, 10:03 PM
What was Rangers biggest points lead over us? I'm sure it was in the teens at one point. To have it down to 2 is damn impressive.

11 was the highest, with a game in hand. We got it down to 8 when we beat Falkirk, 5 when we beat Sevco.

GreenCastle
17-11-2015, 10:04 PM
Winnable fixtures ahead also.

The team deserves a big crowd for the next 2 home games also against Falkirk and QOS.

Looking ahead - December and January will define where this team finishes I believe - playing close rivals.

Makes a difference to my mood when Hibs win each week! Well done everyone! :top marks

Jack Hackett
17-11-2015, 10:14 PM
11 was the highest, with a game in hand. We got it down to 8 when we beat Falkirk, 5 when we beat Sevco.

17th October 11 pts behind...November 17th 2 pts behind. That's an awesome comeback :hibees.

Snapping at the hun heels now....

Jim44
17-11-2015, 10:21 PM
We're in a very good place just now. Arithmetic is with us but that could change week by week. I'd be over the moon to win the league but I wouldn't be greatly disappointed if we end up second but still winning most games and in a positive state of mind to go on and win the playoffs.

high bee
17-11-2015, 10:28 PM
17th October 11 pts behind...November 17th 2 pts behind. That's an awesome comeback :hibees.

If I were Sevco I'd be worried. (to be fair I think they are if the MSM is anything to go by) I'm pretty sure we staged a pretty impressive come back against them last year.

Surely it's their bottle that will be tested rather than ours seeing as they are the only ones with anything to lose at the moment.

mim
17-11-2015, 10:33 PM

I backed Hibs @ 20/1 on 11th October
Now 5/1 :wink:

erin go bragh
17-11-2015, 10:39 PM
We won 13 in a row the last time we won this league .

GGTTH

GreenCastle
17-11-2015, 10:53 PM
Last season showed we can finish strong - really important we continue to improve.

The pressure is definitly on Sevco and as long as we keep winning they will know it.

It's still theirs to lose but I think we have made a really impressive effort at taking it to the wire.

17-11-2015, 11:03 PM
Our form since our last defeat. Very nice to look at! :thumbsup:

Anyone know the last time we had a run like this?

Apologies for the eyesore title but it reads 13 wins and 1 draw :wink:

No apology nessasery, its fantastic to look at :thumbsup:

scoopyboy
17-11-2015, 11:08 PM

That looks impressive but it's not telling the whole truth IMO.

When we were 11 behind we had a game in hand and now we are two behind they have a game in hand.

On the face of it to anybody it looks like we have caught 9 points on the Cream Buns but at the end of the day they have only dropped three points all season.

We're on a brilliant run but we've had to be or they would have been out of sight.

scoopyboy
17-11-2015, 11:12 PM
Rangers, while winning some games easily, have struggled in others. They will drop points although they have a strong attack their defence is not brilliant. If we keep this form up we will do them.

I don't think many teams will take points off Rangers unfortunately, too many teams crap it from them and opt for damage limitation.

I think we need to turn them over twice to have any chance of winning the league.

Jim Herriot
17-11-2015, 11:15 PM
Eyesore?!!! Certainly not - it's a sight for sore eyes :)

http://conjunctivitis.com - now that's a site for sore eyes.

....sorry. :)

Alfred E Newman
17-11-2015, 11:16 PM
Some wins have been comfortable and some a struggle like tonight but that's what is required. You can't expect to play well every week.

Jonnyboy
17-11-2015, 11:19 PM
I don't think many teams will take points off Rangers unfortunately, too many teams crap it from them and opt for damage limitation.

I think we need to turn them over twice to have any chance of winning the league.

You're probably right, J but I fancy if Livi adopt the same approach on Saturday as they did tonight, they might just trouble the new club. High balls into the box when the new club's central defenders are not the best ............ :greengrin

B.H.F.C
17-11-2015, 11:22 PM

I agree with this.

It's also the reason that, despite the run we've been on, any dropped points at all will be a treated like a disaster.

Only thing I would say is that I do think they are a bit rattled. Considering they apparently only concentrate on themselves, they seem to respond every time Stubbs or one of our players makes a comment in the press. It was Halliday's turn today.

NadeAteMyLunch!
17-11-2015, 11:22 PM
Anyone else a wee bit annoyed though with that 'd' at home to St Mirren.
Some form, need to keep it going up until Ibrox

scoopyboy
17-11-2015, 11:25 PM
You're probably right, J but I fancy if Livi adopt the same approach on Saturday as they did tonight, they might just trouble the new club. High balls into the box when the new club's central defenders are not the best ............ :greengrin

Livi are decent JC and if they were to score first might just go on to do something, one can only hope.

PatHead
17-11-2015, 11:26 PM
Last season after 14 games we had 22 points and had not won back to back games in the league, what a difference.

It was stupid games like tonight we would have dropped points.

Centre Hawf
18-11-2015, 04:00 AM
On another night against another team Livingston would have gotten something from tonight. While last season we may have caved and lost 3 points there. I can only hope they play like they did tonight against Rangers.

JimBHibees
18-11-2015, 06:17 AM

Maybe so but they do have some of the harder games coming up like Falkrk and Raith away and they havent been steamrolling teams like they did previously. If Livi set up on Saturday like they did tonight and not lose an early goal they definitely have a chance of getting something.

scoopyboy
18-11-2015, 06:29 AM
Maybe so but they do have some of the harder games coming up like Falkrk and Raith away and they havent been steamrolling teams like they did previously. If Livi set up on Saturday like they did tonight and not lose an early goal they definitely have a chance of getting something.

They certainly have a harder second quarter in terms of away matches.

Us, St.Mirren, Raith and Falkirk.

brog
18-11-2015, 07:41 AM
That looks impressive but it's not telling the whole truth IMO.

When we were 11 behind we had a game in hand and now we are two behind they have a game in hand.

On the face of it to anybody it looks like we have caught 9 points on the Cream Buns but at the end of the day they have only dropped three points all season.

We're on a brilliant run but we've had to be or they would have been out of sight.

I very much agree with you but unfortunately when we had the game in hand many posters on here ignored that fact. FFS we're 11 points behind was a constant refrain. I do think however the need for Sevco to now win every game does increase the pressure both on them & their "support". We know only too well the negative effect produced by a nervous home crowd.

lucky
18-11-2015, 08:50 AM
On another night against another team Livingston would have gotten something from tonight. While last season we may have caved and lost 3 points there. I can only hope they play like they did tonight against Rangers.

On another night Hibs would have won that game by 5 or 6 goals. Boyle missed 2 chances in the first half and JC could have had a hatrick. Livingston are big side and will win more games due their physical presence which helps their style of play.
Hibs panicked a little towards the end but still deserved to win

PatHead
18-11-2015, 08:51 AM

In the this and the last quarter we are away to St Mirren and Raith as well. (Only we have already beaten them in this quarter.)

Anyway, if we just carry on winning that will put pressure on them. It is a real title race and we have to just take one game at a time.

matty_f
18-11-2015, 08:52 AM
On another night Hibs would have won that game by 5 or 6 goals. Boyle missed 2 chances in the first half and JC could have had a hatrick. Livingston are big side and will win more games due their physical presence which helps their style of play.

:agree: Could have been a lot more comfortable, but all we needed was the points, which we got.

oneone73
18-11-2015, 09:13 AM
I don't think the players panicked. The fans did.

Danderhall Hibs
18-11-2015, 09:15 AM

:agree: said last night, imagine this place in April if we're still in the hunt. Folk will be bouncing off the walls in panic.

GreenCastle
18-11-2015, 09:54 AM
Undefeated at home this season in the league.

Only lost 1 game at ER this season being that nonsense cup.

That's a pretty impressive record and a massive turn around compared to previous seasons.

This team deserves more backing !

Just Jimmy
18-11-2015, 11:05 AM
I backed Hibs @ 20/1 on 11th October
Now 5/1 :wink:

As did I.

silverhibee
18-11-2015, 01:02 PM

Our fans were a pain in the backside last night, some need to learn how the game is even played.

And as for the ref, so one sided towards Hibs, Burchill must have asked Thomson to take his Hibs top after the game. :wink: :greengrin

Bad Martini
18-11-2015, 01:09 PM
Fantastic stats IMHO.

I dont care if it's silky and classy fitba (ideally so but if not, so be it) or winning ugly for the duration of this leage; what has finally come to roost is what actually (REALLY) matters and thats points. Hence why in the past we've seen runs of 12 games and talked about this close shave, that wonder loss etc. All bollocks. What counts is results and right now, there is nobody who can demand any more from Hibs.

Points make prizes in this case, the best chance of winning this league.

Rangers may have similar form but they are due a bad run. We'll inveriably slip up too but wth no bias at all, the pressure is on them..........and when the pressure is on them (as we PROVED at Easter Road), they weren't and aren't, up to it.

Lets hope THAT continues.

GGTTH YA BASS:thumbsup:

Smartie
18-11-2015, 02:38 PM

Old habits die hard.

I agree though, some of the support for the team last night was dreadful whereas the players were confident and competent if not firing on all cylinders.

There might be times this season when we need to drag the team through games. We're not going to do it the way we were last night.

An expectant Ibrox may yet be useful in turning on Rangers if everything isn't going their way.

We don't want to do the same with Easter Road.

frazeHFC
18-11-2015, 02:49 PM
Anyone else a wee bit annoyed though with that 'd' at home to St Mirren.
Some form, need to keep it going up until Ibrox

...and then get a win there and keep it going even further!

18-11-2015, 05:42 PM
Old habits die hard.

I agree though, some of the support for the team last night was dreadful whereas the players were confident and competent if not firing on all cylinders.

There might be times this season when we need to drag the team through games. We're not going to do it the way we were last night.

An expectant Ibrox may yet be useful in turning on Rangers if everything isn't going their way.

We don't want to do the same with Easter Road.

:agree:

erin go bragh
18-11-2015, 05:58 PM

No so sure about St Mirren Scoops . Did Langfield no gift them a 1-0 win at home a few weeks back . We just need to keep winning , then it's in our own hands .

GGTTH

scoopyboy
18-11-2015, 06:59 PM
No so sure about St Mirren Scoops . Did Langfield no gift them a 1-0 win at home a few weeks back . We just need to keep winning , then it's in our own hands .

GGTTH

St.Mirren was very tricky game for them though, If Clangers hadn't dropped a clanger it could easily have been dropped points.

Bit that disappoints me is that Raith are slipping back as Rangers game nears.

hibsdaft70
18-11-2015, 08:20 PM
Top 5 in Europe.

Nuff said!

http://www.whoscored.com/Statistics/Teams

SausageSurprise
19-11-2015, 01:30 AM
I smiled to myself on the recent email saying that we were one of the form sides in Europe

SausageSurprise
19-11-2015, 01:31 AM
Top 5 in Europe.

Nuff said!

We might even be higher up now seen as no one else played last night!

Dashing Bob S
19-11-2015, 01:34 AM
I'm a perfectionist and that draw was rather unacceptable.

HappyHanlon
19-11-2015, 07:13 AM
I'm sure that I read that if we win our next four games, its the longest winning streak for any Hibs team since 1948.

hibees59
22-11-2015, 12:25 PM
Now 2nd best in Europe (away from home), still 5th place overall. :wink:

Hibby Kay-Yay
22-11-2015, 01:20 PM

Joint top I'd say :cb

Jack Hackett
22-11-2015, 02:11 PM
Joint top I'd say :cb

Gets my vote :aok:

big-mo
22-11-2015, 03:41 PM

Red Star lost today so Hibs move up to 4th overall.

Bad Martini
23-11-2015, 12:04 PM
...soon to be the greatest (in form) team in Europe, nae the world :greengrin:gwa:

GGTTH YA BASS

ENDOF:aok:

Alfred E Newman
23-11-2015, 12:18 PM
...soon to be the greatest (in form) team in Europe, nae the world :greengrin:gwa:

GGTTH YA BASS

ENDOF:aok:
No bad for a wee team!

SonOfDavidFrancey
23-11-2015, 01:59 PM
No bad for a wee team!

Shouldn't the title of this thread be getting longer?

Liam89
24-11-2015, 07:15 PM
Shouldn't the title of this thread be getting longer?

Admins, do yer job! :greengrin

Centre Hawf
24-11-2015, 11:31 PM

Mark Warburton complained about this at the weekend. Don't suppose you lost a magic hat recently did you? :wink: