PDA

View Full Version : Germany game tonight stadium evacuation

oconnors_strip
17-11-2015, 05:28 PM
@SkySportsNewsHQ: BREAKING: AP: Stadium in Hannover hosting @DFB_Team v @KNVB being evacuated. #SSNHQ

oconnors_strip
17-11-2015, 05:32 PM
Game called off! Suspicious package found

Keith_M
17-11-2015, 05:38 PM
Game not due to start for over an hour yet, so can't have been many people inside the Stadium

Pete
17-11-2015, 05:39 PM
I hope nothing odd happens at Wembley as it's a prime target.

Thecat23
17-11-2015, 05:41 PM
I have to admit, if I was attending the England game my mind wouldn't be completely on the game. Will be a strange atmosphere I'd imagine.

The_Exile
17-11-2015, 05:48 PM
Horrible thought, but Germany let a lot of Syrian refugees in, just really really hope there's no terrorist made it through and planning anything.

Keith_M
17-11-2015, 05:55 PM
Horrible thought, but Germany let a lot of Syrian refugees in, just really really hope there's no terrorist made it through and planning anything.

The majority of those involved in the Paris attacks have been in Europe for some time, so the danger was here before the recent large influx of migrants.

However, it is a worry that the whereabouts of most of those that have arrived recently is now unknown. It's an ideal scenario for IS and others to get operatives into Europe.

Sergey
17-11-2015, 05:56 PM
I hope nothing odd happens at Wembley as it's a prime target.

Like an entertaining 90 minutes of quality football :greengrin

North London / Wembley has been gridlock all day and there's police everywhere. Folks are even being screened before getting on the tube.

I wouldn't be surprised if the match was delayed to let folks in (it's also blowing a gale and the tube has speed limits).

Leith Green
17-11-2015, 05:59 PM
The majority of those involved in the Paris attacks have been in Europe for some time, so the danger was here before the recent large influx of migrants.

However, it is a worry that the whereabouts of most of those that have arrived recently is now unknown. It's an ideal scenario for IS and others to get operatives into Europe.

You would think the leaders of these countries would have thought about that first. Yes lets help people where we can, but to do it at the expense of the safety of your own people is wreckless and wrong..

Keith_M
17-11-2015, 06:03 PM
You would think the leaders of these countries would have thought about that first. Yes lets help people where we can, but to do it at the expense of the safety of your own people is wreckless and wrong..

The sad thing is that anybody that previously questioned the wisdom of letting anybody and everybody into the country and failing to control their movemnts was called racist, uncaring and even compared to the Nazis.

It's sad that people can't reasonably discuss important issues without seemingly open-minded people attacking them and calling them names.

HibeeEmma
17-11-2015, 06:04 PM

Have always said this when everyone was welcoming refugees and people opening their houses to them, this is a really complex situation working between cultures, setting down expectations and lack of information on backgrounds.

For those who are genuinely fleeing from crisis it is a no brainier but the govt needs a good strategy behind it.

Back to the game, glad the security has been upped and hope it will be a false alarm.

Keith_M
17-11-2015, 06:06 PM
Have always said this when everyone was welcoming refugees and people opening their houses to them, this is a really complex situation working between cultures, setting down expectations and lack of information on backgrounds.

For those who are genuinely fleeing from crisis it is a no brainier but the govt needs a good strategy behind it.

Back to the game, glad the security has been upped and hope it will be a false alarm.

I'm watching the German news right now and it's starting to look that way.

Better safe than sorry, though.

Andy74
17-11-2015, 06:17 PM
I'm sure there will be a few safety first calls made over the next wee while.

God Petrie
17-11-2015, 06:20 PM
3 people have been seriously injured after a massive over reaction.

Sergey
17-11-2015, 06:20 PM
Music venue in Hanover now evacuated. German police have received a credible bomb threat.

HibeeEmma
17-11-2015, 06:40 PM
BA flight to Boston had someone trying to get into the cockpit, found it on flightradar24, keeping an eye on it!

Ummm, it's just disappeared! Assume they've stopped the tracking of it due to the interest in the flight?

Whatever next?!

http://www.itv.com/news/2015-11-17/passenger-restrained-after-trying-to-get-into-cockpit-on-uk-us-flight/

The_Exile
17-11-2015, 06:43 PM
Whatever next?!

http://www.itv.com/news/2015-11-17/passenger-restrained-after-trying-to-get-into-cockpit-on-uk-us-flight/

Thank god it's landed safely, got worried when that flight disappeared from the radar!

Thecat23
17-11-2015, 06:43 PM
BA flight to Boston had someone trying to get into the cockpit, found it on flightradar24, keeping an eye on it!

Ummm, it's just disappeared! Assume they've stopped the tracking of it due to the interest in the flight?

15659 15660

2nd photo was taken first, plane disappeared a minute or so later.

I've got flight radar 24. How do you know someone was trying to enter the cockpit? I think your right that many will be trying to view it now and maybe taking it off.

Edit.. Sorry just read the news! I'd have shat myself if someone was trying to open the door!

The_Exile
17-11-2015, 06:45 PM
I've got flight radar 24. How do you know someone was trying to enter the cockpit? I think your right that many will be trying to view it now and maybe taking it off.

Flashed up on the news but thankfully the flight in question has actually landed. Think I'd have restrained her with a boot in the teeth!!!

Thecat23
Flashed up on the news but thankfully the flight in question has actually landed.

Glad to hear it's landed ok.

hibsbollah

They didn't. Drunk passenger tried to open the exit door, not the cockpit.

Hibee87
17-11-2015, 07:44 PM
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/germany-terror-alert-ambulance-packed-6849876 unreal, ambulance full of explosives outside stadium. Who knows what could have happened tonight

CropleyWasGod
17-11-2015, 07:57 PM
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/germany-terror-alert-ambulance-packed-6849876 unreal, ambulance full of explosives outside stadium. Who knows what could have happened tonight

Now being denied on Sky Sports.

hibsbollah
17-11-2015, 07:59 PM
Lots of paranoia fuelled stories about. Hardly surprising in the current climate.

Moulin Yarns
17-11-2015, 08:11 PM
Now being denied on Sky Sports.

And Reuters.

CropleyWasGod
17-11-2015, 08:13 PM
And Reuters.

Did seem a bit daft that they had taken a van packed with explosives away on a low-loader.

Rational thought goes out of the window at times like this.

DH1875
17-11-2015, 08:15 PM
Found it strange that a lot of these games where given the go ahead and thought they'd have been called off once the Spain game got called off.

.Sean.
17-11-2015, 09:26 PM
3 people have been seriously injured after a massive over reaction.
Unnecessary and ridiculous

God Petrie
17-11-2015, 09:33 PM
Unnecessary and ridiculous

4 people have been seriously injured after a massive over reaction.

Baader
17-11-2015, 09:34 PM
Misinformation really does not help in these situations. Too many 'unsubstantiated reports' being written or broadcast by media sources who should really just be reporting the facts but instead are trying to outdo each other in hope of a scoop. Confusion just leads to more chaos.

Hibby Bairn
17-11-2015, 09:36 PM
This thread shows why terrorism works.

CropleyWasGod
17-11-2015, 09:54 PM
There is an argument that says the British and the French have, for centuries, used satire and wit as a way of dealing with difficulties. And, the best satire has a serious point at its heart.