PDA

View Full Version : Kenny Miller

Frazerbob
17-11-2015, 11:34 AM
Apologies if this old news but just read on SSN that he's signed a year's extension at Ibrox. Looks like his dream of ending his career at Easter Road is slipping away.

Salt N Sauzee
17-11-2015, 11:41 AM
Apologies if this old news but just read on SSN that he's signed a year's extension at Ibrox. Looks like his dream of ending his career at Easter Road is slipping away.

Doesn't deserve his own thread on here. Despise the little rat :fuming:

Thecat23
17-11-2015, 11:42 AM
Personally wouldn't have him back now.

Bostonhibby
17-11-2015, 11:45 AM
He's exactly where he should be.

The_Sauz
17-11-2015, 11:47 AM
We have far better players than Kenny Miller :agree:

The_Sauz
17-11-2015, 11:49 AM
Personally wouldn't have him back now.

Hope you sent him a text with "NEXT"* after we beat St Mirren :wink:

*Copyright King Dom

R'Albin
17-11-2015, 11:49 AM
Disappointing. Would have been a decent seventh choice striker for us.

Big_Franck
17-11-2015, 11:50 AM
Good news for us. He's a waste of a no doubt decent wage at the rangers. A player well, well past his best.

JimBHibees
17-11-2015, 12:02 PM
Disappointing. Would have been a decent seventh choice striker for us.

:not worth:faf:

southern hibby
17-11-2015, 12:12 PM
Not really fair think he's a good striker for the championship and that's where he'll be next season if The Rangers don't win the play offs.

GGTTH

NAE NOOKIE
17-11-2015, 12:29 PM
A good striker in his day ..... but his love in with the old Rangers and now the Zombies has gone too far, lets hope he ends his career there and nowhere near Easter Road.

I like it when players don't over celebrate against clubs they have played for and especially the club who gave them their big break into professional football. But even then I can tolerate a player showing his joy at scoring.

Miller celebrated every goal against us like he had just scored the winner in the world cup final, I cant stand the wee scrote.

Johnny_Leith
17-11-2015, 12:33 PM
How close we were to signing miller when he came back from the states?

Decent player and looks after himself, he will probably be able to play for another couple of years. Don't blame him for celebrating when scoring against us, it is his job after all.

Carheenlea
17-11-2015, 12:34 PM
He might have had dreams to finish his career at Hibs, but I don`t know any Hibs fan who shares those dreams.

Treadstone
17-11-2015, 12:38 PM
This deal is totally bizarre.

Sir David Gray
17-11-2015, 12:42 PM
He wouldn't get on our bench at the moment, never mind our first team.

Wilson
17-11-2015, 12:52 PM
This deal is totally bizarre.

Not when you consider that they are moving him towards a coaching role - seemingly assisting Ian Durrant with the younger team in some capacity. Makes more sense.

J-C
17-11-2015, 12:54 PM
Never understand why people post threads about ageing washed up ex players who I and many others couldn't give a toss for, he's where he belongs **** him

Thecat23
17-11-2015, 12:55 PM
Never understand why people post threads about ageing washed up ex players who I and many others couldn't give a toss for, he's where he belongs **** him

I agree.. No idea why we used to have so many Riordan threads

😜

J-C
17-11-2015, 12:57 PM

Haha but at least Deek still loves the club and would, if given the chance come back in a heart beat. :greengrin

iwasthere1972
17-11-2015, 01:00 PM

:agree: Good player in his day but probably in his last year now. Wouldn't want him back as there are better and younger options out there. Plus he really loved scoring against us.

Treadstone
17-11-2015, 01:00 PM
Not when you consider that they are moving him towards a coaching role - seemingly assisting Ian Durrant with the younger team in some capacity. Makes more sense.

That is exactly why I think it's bizarre. He is a month away from being 36 and getting a youth coaching role why the need to extend it a year at this stage. His circumstances suggest he isn't going anywhere and they can hardly be staving off interest. Their decision though and hardly been the champion of forward thinking strategy recently.

Wilson
17-11-2015, 01:01 PM

Some people care and some don't. Who do we cater for? There is a thread about Keith Houchen who was before my time. I don't care much about him but it gets the oldies talking. If they have links with hibs - even historical - then they are relevant on a hibs site.

nellio
17-11-2015, 01:05 PM
You would think it's in a player coach capacity.

Wilson
17-11-2015, 01:07 PM
You would think it's in a player coach capacity.

Would you?

J-C
17-11-2015, 01:07 PM
Some people care and some don't. Who do we cater for? There is a thread about Keith Houchen who was before my time. I don't care much about him but it gets the oldies talking. If they have links with hibs - even historical - then they are relevant on a hibs site.

Miller had links to us but many a moon ago, signing a new deal at the Huns isn't really Hibs news. :confused:

Thecat23
17-11-2015, 01:13 PM
Would you?

That's what he's moving into. I think that's how The Rangers will use him as well.

Wilson
17-11-2015, 01:13 PM
Miller had links to us but many a moon ago, signing a new deal at the Huns isn't really Hibs news. :confused:

Well if anyone is a fan who genuinely believed Miller might end his career here then it us news to them. As our direct rivals for the championship title any goings on in the dark side should be of interest. If you don't care a jot for Kenny Miller then the clue was in the thread title

Bad Martini
17-11-2015, 01:49 PM

Thats simple. I could give you over a hundred good reasons (most of which were rakers).

On a simpler level, Riordan didnt celebrate scoring against us and didnt go sucking up the manky west coast sectarian biggoted twats.

Kenny Miller on the other hand....

Err, ENDOF for me.:rolleyes:

Edson Arantes
17-11-2015, 01:51 PM
Great tan.

Frazerbob
17-11-2015, 01:53 PM

The thread title did give a wee clue as to the subject matter. Seems a few are interested and most have commented that we are better than KM now, nice posativity.

easty
17-11-2015, 01:54 PM
**** Kenny Miller.

Thecat23
17-11-2015, 01:56 PM
Thats simple. I could give you over a hundred good reasons (most of which were rakers).

On a simpler level, Riordan didnt celebrate scoring against us and didnt go sucking up the manky west coast sectarian biggoted twats.

Calm yourself down. Didn't you see the smiley wink i put in my post? It was tongue in cheek.

But for the record Riordan jump into the Celtic end after scoring against us. Players scoring and jumping into fans don't bother me in the slightest I find it funny how angry some get.

Frazerbob
17-11-2015, 01:57 PM

The forum isn't solely for Hibs news however an ex player, continually linked to us, signing an extension with our main title rivals would seem to be Hibs relevant. Hence why I didn't "NHC" the thread.

Jonnyboy
17-11-2015, 02:20 PM
Could this be one of Warby's much vaunted signings? Miller has the credentials after all :greengrin

silverhibee
17-11-2015, 02:24 PM
Great tan.

I'm sure even TheCat had a laugh at that. :greengrin

silverhibee
17-11-2015, 02:35 PM
Calm yourself down. Didn't you see the smiley wink i put in my post? It was tongue in cheek.

But for the record Riordan jump into the Celtic end after scoring against us. Players scoring and jumping into fans don't bother me in the slightest I find it funny how angry some get.

I though it was him scoring from a tight angle that carried him in to the crowd, he didn't jump in to the crowd and he never celebrated the goal, he looked quite embarrassed that the Celtc fans were grabbing him at the time.

Hopefully Kenny isn't scoring against us this season again, but just in case, just have a wee word with him to calm the celebrations down a wee bit :greengrin

HibbyAndy
17-11-2015, 02:36 PM
I simply cannot stand KM he is a horrible little ****!! Don't wan't this little prick anywhere near Easter rd in the future.

My hatred for Miller is right up there with the most hated football players on my list!!

HibbyAndy
17-11-2015, 02:37 PM

He did no such thing.

Broken Gnome
17-11-2015, 02:46 PM
He did no such thing.

Just because it was impossible for him to stop running in time, doesn't mean he didn't celebrate with them...

Scored against Hibs, booked for celebrating. Thems the facts. Heathen that he is.

Thecat23
17-11-2015, 02:51 PM
I'm sure even TheCat had a laugh at that. :greengrin

I did 😁

lyonhibs
17-11-2015, 03:58 PM

Apart from that one time he manipulated his contract situation to get an early move to Celtc you mean?

Unless you don't consider Celtc to fit the same description as the one you've correctly given to the Huns.

FWIW I'd have taken Miller back 2 or 3 years ago, but not now.

monktonharp
17-11-2015, 04:24 PM
He might have had dreams to finish his career at Hibs, but I don`t know any Hibs fan who shares those dreams.I actually had a dream about him signing for us. thankfully it was all just a bad dream, then I woke up, went to the kitchen and kicked the cat's waterbowl. just because it's a blue colour.that cat stared at me,with his lovely green eyes.

Edson Arantes
17-11-2015, 04:34 PM
I did 

Pray tell? :confused:

Thecat23
17-11-2015, 04:53 PM
Pray tell? :confused:

You've confused me.. Tell what? 😳

blackpoolhibs
17-11-2015, 05:02 PM
I wish we'd have signed him when he was available 2 or 3 years ago, his energy and experience just might have been enough to keep us up whoever the clown was in charge of the team at that time.

Now i'd say we have better.

silverhibee
17-11-2015, 05:06 PM
Just because it was impossible for him to stop running in time, doesn't mean he didn't celebrate with them...

Scored against Hibs, booked for celebrating. Thems the facts. Heathen that he is.

He wasn't booked for celebrating though, it was for leaving the field of play, which he had no option to do as his momentum carried him in to the crowd.

Thecat23
17-11-2015, 05:10 PM
He wasn't booked for celebrating though, it was for leaving the field of play, which he had no option to do as his momentum carried him in to the crowd.

I think it was the length of time he was in the crowd. If he'd pulled himself away he may have escaped the yellow. He was in there long enough the ref thought he was celebrating with the fans!

I've no issue btw with it, he's scored a goal for a team he's playing for, and emotions run high. Still always be a player I will remember roundly for us.

Smartie
17-11-2015, 05:15 PM
I hate when players don't celebrate scoring against a former team.

It's disrespectful of the club who pay their wages, their team-mates and the fans of their new club.

Deeks and Kenny Miller are perfectly entitled to do what they please when they score against us for another team, within reason, as is anyone else.

CRAZYHIBBY
17-11-2015, 05:17 PM
Can't stand him. ...hes where he's always wanted to be

Thecat23
17-11-2015, 05:18 PM

It's disrespectful of the club who pay their wages, their team-mates and the fans of their new club.

Deeks and Kenny Miller are perfectly entitled to do what they please when they score against us for another team, within reason, as is anyone else.

Exactly how I see it. I'd still go daft if I scored against Hibs! Id go more mental against Hearts or the old firm but I'd still be celebrating big time!

JimBHibees
17-11-2015, 05:22 PM

Agree entirely it is attention seeking nonsense and as you say disrespectful to his own team. The most ridiculous being Wes Hoolahan refusing to celebrate scoring for Norwich agaisnt Villa just because he had been linked with a move to Villa when Lambert moved there, I mean WTF. :greengrin

Edson Arantes
17-11-2015, 05:24 PM
You've confused me.. Tell what? 

About the tan and why you would have a laugh about it.

Thecat23
17-11-2015, 05:29 PM
About the tan and why you would have a laugh about it.

Unless you've been under a rock there has been many media stories and fans having a joke about the tan.

I suggest you google it!

Edson Arantes
17-11-2015, 05:39 PM
Unless you've been under a rock there has been many media stories and fans having a joke about the tan.

I suggest you google it!

I must have been under said rock!

Just googled it the now.

Thanks!

Andy74
17-11-2015, 06:03 PM
One last crack at the Championship I suppose.

NORTHERNHIBBY
17-11-2015, 07:01 PM
Good for him. Might have been his dream to end his career at ER but I am not sure anyone else was dreaming the same thing. He wouldn't get into our first team unless we had an awful lot of injuries and suspensions and he would not get a hands on training /coaching role either because we have got that whole package sewn up.

DH1875
17-11-2015, 09:20 PM
Just wait until we play celtic in the cup final and celtic get their penalty. Wonder what Leigh will do.

Thecat23
17-11-2015, 09:46 PM
Well Kenny....

Can you boys now go and do it on sat? 😁

JimBHibees
18-11-2015, 07:01 AM
Just wait until we play celtic in the cup final and celtic get their penalty. Wonder what Leigh will do.

Ram it in the corner of the net. :greengrin

Bad Martini
18-11-2015, 12:57 PM

Nope. Didnt see the wink - though on looking back at it, there's a wee box where a smiley might be. Either way, didnt see it. Fair dues. Possibly browser related but as I recall, he didnt go running around celebrating anything like Miller did and no, he didnt "jump" into the crowd to be with the opposition...

I though it was him scoring from a tight angle that carried him in to the crowd, he didn't jump in to the crowd and he never celebrated the goal, he looked quite embarrassed that the Celtc fans were grabbing him at the time.

Yep. My recollection :agree:

He did no such thing.

:agree:

:agree:

Anyways, Im no really interested in starting a debate on Miller. He may be some folks mate but he plays against us, scores against us and celebrates with his new found rangers mates. Therefore, in fitba terms at least, he's the fitba enemy....along with the other 10 muppets in the rangers team.

Heres what I care about in regards us and "the" rangers...

TWO POINTS. GIRFUY RANGERS.

ENDOF

Bad Martini
18-11-2015, 01:01 PM
Apart from that one time he manipulated his contract situation to get an early move to Celtc you mean?

Which contract was that? The one Tony Mowbray took off the table that Riordan was due to sign as he cunningly evaluated our top scorer and best player to see if he was any good? :confused: ....thereafter taking so long to sort it out it turned into the mess it turned into?

Unless you don't consider Celtc to fit the same description as the one you've correctly given to the Huns.

Where do you find any posts from my last 11 years of post that support that pish? I hate celtic. I hate rangers. I hate hearts. The rest I dislike and some are totally irrelevant. Dont rewrite what I said as I have no more time for those soap dodgers than their other manky pals across the city.

FWIW I'd have taken Miller back 2 or 3 years ago, but not now.

FWIW, I dont think we have needed Miller. He certainly didnt give us a second thought and there is no "dream" reunion of him finishing his career here as far as I am concerned.

Hopefully all clear enough now :aok:

Lago
19-11-2015, 12:53 PM
For those really interested BBC Scotland sport have put up a video of, Miller goals, what sooks they are.

Andy74
19-11-2015, 12:59 PM
For those really interested BBC Scotland sport have put up a video of, Miller goals, what sooks they are.

At least it wouldn't have taken them long.