PDA

View Full Version : John Doolan

CallumLaidlaw
16-11-2015, 01:39 PM
Really good interview with JD.

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/coach-john-doolan-living-and-breathing-hibs-1-3948856

Just another piece that makes me feel really good about where the club are at at the minute.

jacomo
16-11-2015, 01:48 PM
Good stuff.

I like the coaching team's ambition. It's what we need.

J-C
16-11-2015, 02:02 PM
Stubbs successor if and when AS leaves, similar ideas about the game and tends to be the main guy in the technical box on match days.

jacomo
16-11-2015, 02:13 PM
Stubbs successor if and when AS leaves, similar ideas about the game and tends to be the main guy in the technical box on match days.

People said the same about Mark Venus when he was no.2 here. Doesn't mean either has the right attributes to be a manager or head coach.

Ultimately, it's Stubbs that makes the decisions. Not everyone is suited to that responsibility.

J-C
16-11-2015, 07:32 PM
People said the same about Mark Venus when he was no.2 here. Doesn't mean either has the right attributes to be a manager or head coach.

Ultimately, it's Stubbs that makes the decisions. Not everyone is suited to that responsibility.

I agree to an extent, at Hibs we now have a head coach with a lot of management responsibilities taken away with having a very hands on CEO and Mathie as a sort of DOF, this means the head coach just has to really coach and Doolan seems in the same mould as Stubbs.

AlbertK86
16-11-2015, 07:47 PM
Excellent interview

Seems to be real belief and determination as well as very healthy respect for the club

Andy74
16-11-2015, 09:37 PM

I'd expect they would move on as a team. Hopefully not for a bit yet mind!

J-C
17-11-2015, 08:04 AM
I'd expect they would move on as a team. Hopefully not for a bit yet mind!

True, I'm in no hurry to see any of them move on but we have to be realistic and expect them to do so at some point. There is another thread about what plans are in place should this happen, where people were saying LD has plans in place should this happen, reading Doolan's interview it seems he has taken well to Hibs and I'm hoping we promote from within, a bit like Swansea and the old Liverpool used to do.

LancashireHibby
17-11-2015, 08:25 AM
Cracking fella, no doubt about it. By chance ended up sat next to him on the train back south after a game last season and spent a couple of hours chatting about Hibs. All the more impressive considering it took me nearly an hour to work out who he was, despite the fact that we'd both worked for a previous club of his!

Jim44
17-11-2015, 01:05 PM
In this morning's Scotsman, he dismisses the Warburton/Stubbs 'confrontation' as just a bit of a pantomime. He comes across as a level headed guy.