PDA

View Full Version : Development game. Hibs losing at Paisley

mim
16-11-2015, 01:12 PM
2-1 down towards the end of the first half.
Unusual not to see a thread on this game.

Hamish
16-11-2015, 01:18 PM
Think its being played in Renfrew from memory which may explain the lack of updates.

Hibs twitter is not able to provide updates.

I see we have only 2 subs and a McGregor is playing, not sure if that is Darren or not.

CallumLaidlaw
16-11-2015, 01:21 PM
You there Mike?

Starting 11 -

Brennan
Donaldson
J.McGregor
Waugh
Dunsmore
Murray
Scott
Sinclair
Duthie
Watson
Shaw

Subs -
Smith
Campbell

Very thin on the bench.

Edit - wrong Mcgregor

Hiber-nation
16-11-2015, 01:22 PM
You there Mike?

Starting 11 -

Brennan
Donaldson
McGregor
Waugh
Dunsmore
Murray
Scott
Sinclair
Duthie
Watson
Shaw

Subs -
Smith
Campbell

Very thin on the bench.

Looks like Darren Mcgregor won't be playing tomorrow (I presume its him)

Won't be him, there's a u20 player called McGregor.

andrew70
16-11-2015, 01:22 PM
It will be Jordan McGregor

CallumLaidlaw
16-11-2015, 01:24 PM

ahh. good

We were 2-0 down but our "number 9" ran through and "smashed the ball past" the st mirren goalie. Aparently its freezing and teeming down too.

mim
16-11-2015, 01:29 PM
You there Mike?

No, just noticed it on Ladbrokes site.
Had a wee bet at 9/1 :greengrin

Billy Whizz
16-11-2015, 01:29 PM

Good to see him back, been injured for a few months with a hand injury

mim
16-11-2015, 01:54 PM
Hibs have just hit the post (Ladbrokes)

mim
16-11-2015, 02:07 PM
3-1 8 minutes to play

mim
16-11-2015, 02:15 PM
Full time 3-1

Golden Bear
16-11-2015, 03:10 PM
Our Development team isn't developing very well - for now anyway.

:boo hoo:

offshorehibby
16-11-2015, 04:21 PM
Have we not got a very young development team this year with Lewis Allen and Scott Martin out on loan.

R'Albin
16-11-2015, 04:25 PM

I'm hoping that they are. Our old development teams seemed to win a lot of games without actually producing much first team talent. Hopefully the players are actually being prepared for the step up - even if it means losing a lot of games along the way.

Andy74
16-11-2015, 04:27 PM

It's not about results though - we've had lots of decent results at that level in the past and not much product at the end of it. Only result that matters is how many players come through and become established first team players.

I've a feeling a few of them thought they had made something of themselves by being part of a successful youth team when it should really just be the start of something.

Golden Bear
16-11-2015, 04:33 PM
It's not about results though - we've had lots of decent results at that level in the past and not much product at the end of it. Only result that matters is how many players come through and become established first team players.

I've a feeling a few of them thought they had made something of themselves by being part of a successful youth team when it should really just be the start of something.

Yes, surprisingly enough I actually agree with that.

NAE NOOKIE
16-11-2015, 04:49 PM

Its not so long ago that our youngsters won a league & cup double .... where are they now? Results don't mean too much in these games.

Billy Whizz
16-11-2015, 04:59 PM
Its not so long ago that our youngsters won a league & cup double .... where are they now? Results don't mean too much in these games.

I'm presuming that's the team Andy74 meant
Can't remember everyone who played in that cup winning team who remain playing at a decent level, but think they include Booth, Wotherspoon and welsh.
Have I missed anyone?

Onceinawhile
16-11-2015, 05:17 PM

There was an article in the paper about that.

3 of them booth, Welsh and wotherspoon are still playing full time.

1 moyes is part time and the rest are junior or retired.

w pilton hibby
16-11-2015, 05:21 PM

Article about this from the weekend

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/partick-thistle-defender-callum-booth-6836452

greenlex
16-11-2015, 05:56 PM

Celtic did it a year or so later and released every single one of the players.

GreenArmy1875
16-11-2015, 07:52 PM
Hearts finished bottom in 20s and hibs used to beat them often if I recall correctly but doesn't seem to do their young players any harm

Ronniekirk
16-11-2015, 08:18 PM

Where is Ross Caldwell playing now .A player capable of scoring a sublime goal for first team at Tyncastle and all down hill after that

Radium
16-11-2015, 08:19 PM
Where is Ross Caldwell playing now .A player capable of scoring a sublime goal for first team at Tyncastle and all down hill after that

Ayr United (http://www.ayrunitedfc.co.uk/about-ayr-united/current-squad/)

Bishop Hibee
16-11-2015, 08:39 PM
There was an article in the paper about that.

3 of them booth, Welsh and wotherspoon are still playing full time.

1 moyes is part time and the rest are junior or retired.

I'm sure I read on here Kurtis Byrne plays for Dundalk in the LoI.

Slicer
17-11-2015, 05:37 AM
Still no Feruz? :confused:

Coults1875
17-11-2015, 07:46 AM

Went to St.Mirren then Morton then Ayr United.

J-C
17-11-2015, 08:08 AM
Looking at that threadbare team, I think it's time to bring back the reserve league, no age limit, just a good mixture of young and older players. I'd rather have 6-8 pretty good youngsters developing there, than 15 average ones struggling in an U20's league.