PDA

View Full Version : Massive game tomorrow

Ozyhibby
16-11-2015, 12:01 PM
As always, our next game is the most important of the season so far. Chance to move within 2 points of Sevco and apply a bit of pressure.
Really hope the players are up for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edson Arantes
16-11-2015, 12:06 PM
4-0 :flag:

McGinn to run the show.

B.H.F.C
16-11-2015, 12:24 PM
Having got ourselves back in to it every game is must win. Just need to keep going and hope they slip up.

number9dream
16-11-2015, 04:24 PM
With Malonga away will Stubbs go with Keatings & Cummings up top with Carmichael or Boyle moving into a midfield four - or is Dylan fit again?
Boyle or Feruz could fit into the front three system of late. Probably too early for Farid to be starting a game...
We'll miss Malonga's hold up play and his deft touch but it's good to have options that don't weaken the side.

Mango Man
16-11-2015, 05:01 PM
Got a funny feeling about this game, a nippy 1-1.

Pete
16-11-2015, 05:04 PM
Hope the weather isn't a leveler and there are no hangovers from the break.

I'm going to resist calling this a "must win" or the most important game in our history as there is still a long way to go.

We'll break through and win 2-0.

Billy Whizz
16-11-2015, 05:05 PM
With Malonga away will Stubbs go with Keatings & Cummings up top with Carmichael or Boyle moving into a midfield four - or is Dylan fit again?
Boyle or Feruz could fit into the front three system of late. Probably too early for Farid to be starting a game...
We'll miss Malonga's hold up play and his deft touch but it's good to have options that don't weaken the side.
I'm hoping McGeough is fit, if he is will start, possibly the only forward change with Malonga out.
Think he might start with Fontaine and an other, and not play Fontaine at Alloa due to the pitch

B.H.F.C
16-11-2015, 05:08 PM
I'm hoping McGeough is fit, if he is will start, possibly the only forward change with Malonga out.
Think he might start with Fontaine and an other, and not play Fontaine at Alloa due to the pitch

I'd expect McGeough to come in for Malonga with Henderson going to the top of the diamond and Keatings moving up front with Cummings.

Billy Whizz
16-11-2015, 05:11 PM
I'd expect McGeough to come in for Malonga with Henderson going to the top of the diamond and Keatings moving up front with Cummings.

Me too. Wondering when the likes of Eckersley are likely to get some game time, if fit

16-11-2015, 05:26 PM
Every game is massive, every game is a must win if we are going to keep the heat on the huns and have hope of catching them.

B.H.F.C
16-11-2015, 05:29 PM
Me too. Wondering when the likes of Eckersley are likely to get some game time, if fit

There wasn't any first team players in the 20s side today so maybe Stubbs is going to mix it up a bit in the next two game?

That said, we aren't exactly snowed under with games so I don't think he'll do anything too drastic.

Libby Hibby
16-11-2015, 06:11 PM
3 points is a must, no matter how we get it but to win is massive for us...I'm sure we'll get it

3-0 Hibs

GGTTH

eastterrace
16-11-2015, 06:54 PM
Got a funny feeling about this game, a nippy 1-1.

if we cant beat pish like livi then we aint going to win the league.

Kojock
16-11-2015, 07:44 PM
if we cant beat pish like livi then we aint going to win the league.

Agree 100% given the form we are in if we can't beat Livi at home then we don't deserve to win the league

007 Mickey Weir
16-11-2015, 10:40 PM

Yeah I see Fontaine, McGeouch coming in. Maybe even one of Boyle or Carmichael.

Oxley
Gray Fontaine Hanlon Stevenson
McGeouch
Fyvie McGinn
Carmichael
Keatings Cummings

Subs
Regeuro
Eckersley
Boyle
McGregor
Feruz
El Al
Bartley

Sir David Gray
16-11-2015, 10:54 PM
Hope the weather isn't a leveler and there are no hangovers from the break.

I'm going to resist calling this a "must win" or the most important game in our history as there is still a long way to go.

We'll break through and win 2-0.

This is definitely a must win game.

If we can't beat a team that's joint second bottom of the table at home then we can forget all about winning the title.

Johnny_Leith
16-11-2015, 10:57 PM
It'll be interesting to see who comes in to replace Malonga, who has been playing well.

I wonder how fit Farid is and if he's considered for a start, Stubbs brought Fyvie and Keatings in straight after injury for 60 minutes against Dumbarton so might do the same with Farid?

Anyway confident of a result, I'm going 3/4-0 if we get an early goal but even if Livi hold out later into the game we have enough in the squad to change things up and get the 3 points.

FromTheCapital
16-11-2015, 11:20 PM
4-0 to the Hibees :aok

Oxley

Gray
Hanlon
Fontaine
Stevenson

Bartley
Fyvie
McGinn
Henderson

Keatings
Cummings

Subs:

Reguero
McGregor
Carmichael
McGeouch
Boyle
Feruz
El Alagui

southern hibby
16-11-2015, 11:50 PM
Right being greedy but I reckon 4/0-5/0 possibly even 6/0. Not sure why but think Hibs will turn it on tonight.

I think AS will have the team up for the game from the kick off and we'll score within first 10 minutes

GGTTH

Col2
17-11-2015, 07:12 AM
Given some of the stuff in the press re pressure over the last 24 hours. We MUST win or we will look a bit stupid. Livi have a knack of getting the odd shock result so players need to be at the right tempo and not getting bogged down in physical battle.

bigwheel
17-11-2015, 07:31 AM
Right being greedy but I reckon 4/0-5/0 possibly even 6/0. Not sure why but think Hibs will turn it on tonight.

I think AS will have the team up for the game from the kick off and we'll score within first 10 minutes

GGTTH

They have beat raith rovers by 3. And put 4 past QOS in the last 3 games. They rarely Lose by more than 1 goal.

I'd be delighted with any win. Tough game tonight.

PatHead
17-11-2015, 07:36 AM
Glad with any win tonight. Remember we have that twat as a referee tonight. With him in charge anything could happen.

Just thank god it is not on tv or he would be prancing around as he is the main attraction so he could wave to his mum/sister/girlfriend.

CentreLine
17-11-2015, 07:47 AM
Really bad weather forecast. I do hope that does not have an adverse affect on the game. I believe we have the players and mindset now to deal with these conditions but the weather can be a great leveller. Livi will certainly be hoping so

Ozyhibby
17-11-2015, 08:23 AM
Glad with any win tonight. Remember we have that twat as a referee tonight. With him in charge anything could happen.

Just thank god it is not on tv or he would be prancing around as he is the main attraction so he could wave to his mum/sister/girlfriend.

Same girl? [emoji3]

JimBHibees
17-11-2015, 08:29 AM
They have beat raith rovers by 3. And put 4 past QOS in the last 3 games. They rarely Lose by more than 1 goal.

Yep their recent form has been very good and we only just won at Livingston not that long ago so this is going to be a difficult game tonight. Think we will win by a couple but tough nonetheless.

Brightside
17-11-2015, 08:31 AM
Weather will put off a lot of people tonight. I think we will be lucky to see 8000+
It will also make the game very tricky. Its a night for battering long shots at the keeper.

JimBHibees
17-11-2015, 08:35 AM
Weather will put off a lot of people tonight. I think we will be lucky to see 8000+
It will also make the game very tricky. Its a night for battering long shots at the keeper.

Agree because I dont think he is the best.

Drumlanrig
17-11-2015, 08:38 AM
Hi

I'm working abroad at the moment, will tonights game be on Hibs TV?

southern hibby
17-11-2015, 09:03 AM

All true but for some reason I really do belief AS will have Hibs up and running at them from the kick off. As I've said think we will score early and think we will then just run riot.
Even a 1-0 win will do me, but still going for 4/0-5/0-6/0 score line.
I love Hibs at the moment not only am I expecting a win I'm expecting a few goals too. What a difference a decent manager makes.

GGTTH

mutley
17-11-2015, 09:14 AM
Hi

I'm working abroad at the moment, will tonights game be on Hibs TV?

It will be, as long as you have an overseas subscription.

Andy74
17-11-2015, 09:16 AM
It will be, as long as you have an overseas subscription.

I'm not sure the subscription level matters. If you are a Hibs tv subscriber and connecting from overseas it should work.

fulshie
17-11-2015, 09:29 AM
Tough game tonight but, I feel if we play anywhere near our potential then we'll win comfortably. 2-0 us.

mim
17-11-2015, 11:13 AM
I think we will miss Malonga tonight.
We don't have a replacement with his combination of skill and strength.
My worry is that we have nobody to hold the ball up and bring others into play.
I think AS may take a chance on El Alagui.

seanshow
17-11-2015, 11:43 AM
perhaps a 442 this time with McGregor and Fontaine at the back, and Cummings and Keatings up top.

scoopyboy
17-11-2015, 11:44 AM
I think we will miss Malonga tonight.
We don't have a replacement with his combination of skill and strength.
My worry is that we have nobody to hold the ball up and bring others into play.
I think AS may take a chance on El Alagui.

I agree, don't want to move Keatings as he is playing well.

Farid or Anier if we are looking for a strong type player.

Boyle or Feruz if we are looking for pace.

There will probably be a change at the back as well due to a knock.

scoopyboy
17-11-2015, 11:45 AM
perhaps a 442 this time with McGregor and Fontaine at the back, and Cummings and Keatings up top.

Was it not a 442 last time?

PatHead
17-11-2015, 11:46 AM

Notice the Evening News said Hanlon was carrying a knock so that would be one change.

Apart from that I will trust Stubbsy to call the right team to close the gap.

scoopyboy
17-11-2015, 11:49 AM
Notice the Evening News said Hanlon was carrying a knock so that would be one change.

Me too.

The likely change at the back will take care of itself I would imagine, the selection and shape up front is harder to call.

Hibee87
17-11-2015, 11:57 AM
I think we have more than enough squad depth to replace malonga. Ok we dont have the same type of player, but the players we do have means we can adapt very easily to a different team.

I think boyle will come in for malonga and either have boyle and cummings up top with keetings just behind, or keetings in the middle with cummings and boyle slightly wider playing the channels. either way whatever stubbs picks will have been tried and tested in training knowing that malonga would be away :gwa:

silverhibee
17-11-2015, 12:03 PM

I doubt it will be Feruz, would be surprised if he is even in the squad tonight, and strangely enough if out the 2 strikers you mention i think it would be Anier that would start, but are either of them ready to start a game yet, i know Farid has played a few development games but would Stubbs take the chance to start with either of them, we also have to be careful with Cummings, playing a lot of games, travelling with the 21s, the one player we need to look after in this squad is him and yes he will start but may not do the 90 minutes, could we go 4-5-1 tonight with Jason upfront on his own, with a good attacking midfield to help out JC.

3pm
17-11-2015, 12:05 PM
Is Iniesta McGeouch fit?!

PatHead
17-11-2015, 12:05 PM
I doubt it will be Feruz, would be surprised if he is even in the squad tonight, and strangely enough if out the 2 strikers you mention i think it would be Anier that would start, but are either of them ready to start a game yet, i know Farid has played a few development games but would Stubbs take the chance to start with either of them, we also have to be careful with Cummings, playing a lot of games, travelling with the 21s, the one player we need to look after in this squad is him and yes he will start but may not do the 90 minutes, could we go 4-5-1 tonight with Jason upfront on his own, with a good attacking midfield to help out JC.

Great we have so many options. Haven't been able to say that for a long time.

Brightside
17-11-2015, 12:07 PM
Me too.

The likely change at the back will take care of itself I would imagine, the selection and shape up front is harder to call.

Typical when he is on the front page of the programme.

scoopyboy
17-11-2015, 12:08 PM

I don't think either Farid or Anier are ready to start a game Silv, but I don't want to move Keatings as I think he is doing very well where he is.

My bet would be Boyle but I'm a bit meh about it.

Take Malonga out and we are scratching around for a replacement which is why AS is looking for a striker in January, all IMO of course.; :greengrin

silverhibee
17-11-2015, 12:10 PM
Great we have so many options. Haven't been able to say that for a long time.

Just on SSN that Cummings McGinn & Henderson all being assessed ahead of tonight's game.

Sure they will all start though. :greengrin

Smartie
17-11-2015, 12:25 PM
I don't know why but I'm feeling a bit jittery about this one.

Maybe it is just a subconscious realisation that Malonga has become a very, very important player for us.

staunchhibby
17-11-2015, 12:28 PM
Time is ko tonight

scoopyboy
17-11-2015, 12:30 PM
Time is ko tonight

7.45pm

staunchhibby
17-11-2015, 12:33 PM
Cheers for that info

inglisavhibs
17-11-2015, 12:53 PM

Hanlon and Mallonga are big misses for us and Livingston have improved their league position since the last game. Attitude has to be spot on tonight for us to get the three points. It always worries me when our players start talking about how good we are. Points first please.

silverhibee
17-11-2015, 01:07 PM
I don't know why but I'm feeling a bit jittery about this one.

Maybe it is just a subconscious realisation that Malonga has become a very, very important player for us.

I'm with you about tonight, think this could be a tricky game for us, don't no why, but just got a funny feeling about tonight and the team selection.

Hopefully we get the 3 points and we are just worrying because it's Hibs. :greengrin

scoopyboy
17-11-2015, 01:49 PM
I'm with you about tonight, think this could be a tricky game for us, don't no why, but just got a funny feeling about tonight and the team selection.

Hopefully we get the 3 points and we are just worrying because it's Hibs. :greengrin

I have concerns about tonight as well.

Thecat23
17-11-2015, 01:55 PM
3-0 Hibs, Keatings double and Cummings!

Hibee87
17-11-2015, 02:09 PM
I have concerns about tonight as well.

The conditions could play a major role

silverhibee
17-11-2015, 02:55 PM
Pitch is fine. :aok:

Game will go ahead.

greenlex
17-11-2015, 03:07 PM
Im twitchy as Hell.:agree:

Big_Franck
17-11-2015, 03:28 PM
Must win yet again tonight. If our attitude is right we should get the 3 points though.

Real Emerald
17-11-2015, 03:34 PM
Didn't quite catch it all but SSN were saying that Hibs were checking on Cummings, McGinn and Henderson prior to the game tonight. Hope there's nothing in this!

Real Emerald
17-11-2015, 03:37 PM
I meant Cummings not Collins!!

PatHead
17-11-2015, 03:37 PM
A lot of nervous people on here tonight. You better get used to it as it will continue all season.

Before the St Mirren game there were a lot of folk nervous and we dealt with it well. Long may it continue.

Won't be easy but we will win because we are better than them and we have a very good squad who have belief in themselves.

B.H.F.C
17-11-2015, 03:49 PM
A lot of nervous people on here tonight. You better get used to it as it will continue all season.

Before the St Mirren game there were a lot of folk nervous and we dealt with it well. Long may it continue.

Won't be easy but we will win because we are better than them and we have a very good squad who have belief in themselves.

They do have belief in themselves and over the last few days they've been quite happy to tell people that. Up to them to go and back up the talk tonight, and I think we will.

It's not went unnoticed by The Rangers either going by Halliday's comments in today's papers. Just need to win and add that little bit more pressure.

bod
17-11-2015, 04:05 PM
Why are folk nervious ? It's no as if they're the ones playing

scoopyboy
17-11-2015, 04:27 PM
Why are folk nervious ? It's no as if they're the ones playing

Gee, I wish I had thought about that earlier.

Imagine having a concern or two when I'm no even playing.