PDA

View Full Version : Cheltenham 2016

Treadstone
16-11-2015, 09:59 AM
I thought this would be a good time to start this thread after an informative weekend of NH racing.

What's the feeling on Sprinter Sacre ?
Faugheen 15/8 for the Champion Hurdle, value ?

Pretty Boy
16-11-2015, 12:10 PM
It was great to see SS run well. I said last year if the way he was performed was all that was left then he should be retired but he looked brilliant, if a little tired a couple out, on Sunday. There are bigger challenges ahead of course and if he runs in the Tingle Creek I think that will be informative.

I'd probably wait and see if anything comes out about Faugheen this week, he just didn't look right at all but maybe just needed the run. 15/8 is probably the best price you are going to get on the horse anytime soon and if nothing worrying is made public in the next day or so I'd be tempted.

Next week will be a big pointer towards some of the staying chaser with Cue Card and Silviniaco Conti amongst others going in the Betfair. I still think Conti will run in the National this year as he won't go in the Gold Cup again that's for sure. Suits me as I'm bypassing Cheltenham this year and heading to Aintree instead. Love this time of year when the national hunt season really gets going.:thumbsup:

Treadstone
16-11-2015, 01:54 PM
Always feel that SS is a bridle horse get him off that and you have a chance. Although two years ago it looked that you would never get him off it.
The most striking thing about the faugheen race was the difference in size between the first two. Real flat bred horse is Nichols Canyon so I'll wait and see how he is after a few more races. See if he can hold that level. Wont be taking Faugheen at current odds or laying him either.
Vautour for the gold cup.

Pretty Boy
16-11-2015, 02:25 PM
Always feel that SS is a bridle horse get him off that and you have a chance. Although two years ago it looked that you would never get him off it.
The most striking thing about the faugheen race was the difference in size between the first two. Real flat bred horse is Nichols Canyon so I'll wait and see how he is after a few more races. See if he can hold that level. Wont be taking Faugheen at current odds or laying him either.
Vautour for the gold cup.

Vautour certainly seems the one to beat although Coneygree looked good on reappearance, carrying top weight in the Hennessy will show how good he really is though.

Treadstone
16-11-2015, 03:09 PM
Vautour certainly seems the one to beat although Coneygree looked good on reappearance, carrying top weight in the Hennessy will show how good he really is though.

Never seen a horse jump better than Vautour did at the festival. Could be worth 20+ lengths come GC.

HUTCHYHIBBY
16-11-2015, 05:05 PM
Coneygree could turn out to be a freak. Looks like a machine of a horse.

Treadstone
16-11-2015, 05:29 PM

Cracking horse, great connections I think everything fell in his favour last March. Soft lead, ground came right on the day. Could well do it again but will probably have to be even better.

Pretty Boy
16-11-2015, 05:51 PM

Rated higher than Denman was at this stage in his career.

Staying chasing really needs a new superstar since the end of the Denman and Kauto era and it may be in the form of Coneygree and Vatuor.

Treadstone
16-11-2015, 06:25 PM
Rated higher than Denman was at this stage in his career.

Denmans novice rating erred on the side of caution. The Hennessy run underlined that. The tanks gold cup 10lb better than Coneygrees. Let's see if Coneygree can get better in his second season.

HUTCHYHIBBY
17-11-2015, 06:20 AM
Coneygree Hennessy run in doubt. (http://www.racingpost.com/news/live.sd?event_id=13255324&category=0)

HibernianJK
17-11-2015, 07:53 PM
Vautour for the GC not as much a cert as everyone thinks. The stamina test may prove too much and a horse like Don Poli who will stay all day could be a better bet. Vautour over a solid 3m at a flat kempton however I am very confident in and have a fair whack on already. My Tent Or Yours would be my bet in Champion Hurdle. Un De Sceaux in Queen Mum and Aux Ptit Sons in World Hurdle.

Treadstone
18-11-2015, 06:23 PM
Sir Des Champs run at Thurles on Thursday. Very skinny.

Pretty Boy
18-11-2015, 06:37 PM
Sir Des Champs run at Thurles on Thursday. Very skinny.

Not a race that I would even consider parting with my hard earned for.

Treadstone
19-11-2015, 08:18 AM

Love these races. Plenty value elsewhere with a vulnerable fav.

Treadstone
19-11-2015, 08:33 AM

I take it back. Looked at the race and the dangers in the race are coming back from layoffs too. Watching brief.

Pretty Boy
19-11-2015, 09:06 AM
Saturday should be good looking at some of the horses left in at the moment:

Cue Card, Dynaste, Silviniaco Conti, Vatour, Rock on Ruby, Grumeti, Ptit Zig, The Giant Bolster, Irving etc etc

Treadstone
19-11-2015, 10:16 AM
Saturday should be good looking at some of the horses left in at the moment:

Cue Card, Dynaste, Silviniaco Conti, Vatour, Rock on Ruby, Grumeti, Ptit Zig, The Giant Bolster, Irving etc etc

Aye. Some good purses getting small fields but the quality is definitely there.

Treadstone
19-11-2015, 11:47 AM
Mala Beach getting punted in Thurles race. Interesting. Off 10 months.

Treadstone
19-11-2015, 12:04 PM
Sir Des Champs wins. Nice comeback run.

Treadstone
20-11-2015, 04:38 PM
https://vimeo.com/146361410?ref=tw-share

See it similarly except Dynaste looks a bit more menacing but still finishes third and SC collars a tiring CC after the last.

Pretty Boy
20-11-2015, 06:10 PM
I was going to have a wee punt on Conti today but 5/6 is far too skinny. I got 4/1 in the same race last year.

I think he will probably win if he jumps well as he'll stay fine on the flat track but Nicholls has admitted there have been a few wee niggles and I'm wary about diving in at the price.

Pretty Boy
21-11-2015, 01:12 PM
A decent run from Vatour but far from a spectacular one.

He'll have to do a lot of improving in the coming weeks and months if he's to win the Gold Cup and especially the King George on the right handed track.

Pretty Boy
21-11-2015, 01:47 PM
You absolute barsteward. I always back Grumeti and he was flying there, for the 1st time in ages over the hurdles, and he makes a horrible mistake at the last.

Good performance by Rock on Ruby though.

Pretty Boy
21-11-2015, 02:07 PM
Superb performance from Cue Card.

Said earlier in the week Conti was way too short and looks like I was right.

Treadstone
22-11-2015, 11:21 AM
Superb performance from Cue Card.

Said earlier in the week Conti was way too short and looks like I was right.

Fair play to the Timeform lads on that video I posted. CC was impressive though seen the trip out well. Must be close to a career best and after his record would be some achievement. Not unfancied though 7/4 was short as he was way bigger during the week.

Treadstone
22-11-2015, 01:20 PM
Nice chase debut from Douvan. Bit guessy at the last but never looked like falling. Be interesting over the coming weeks to see how the horses behind get on.

Treadstone
24-11-2015, 10:13 AM
Coneygree not going in Hennessy.

Dav1986
25-11-2015, 09:17 AM
My birthday falls around Cheltenham every year and next year is my 30th.

Is it worth a trip with the lads? How many days is better and what days? How easy is it to get tickets?

I always take the week off for my b day and get really into it on the TV

Pretty Boy
25-11-2015, 09:46 AM

Is it worth a trip with the lads? How many days is better and what days? How easy is it to get tickets?

Personally I'd avoid Gold Cup day. Very busy and a lot of day trippers, they also bump the price up. I always enjoy either opening day or St Patricks Thursday the most. Tickets are relatively easy to come by.

I used to always go into Tattersalls but went up to Club a couple of years back and it was worth it imo. Think Club will set you back about £65 for the Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday. About £85 for the Friday.

I've said this before but Cheltenham is a truly special place for horse racing fans, it's the equivalent of a football fan going to Wembley or a F1 fan going to Monte Carlo. Take the time to have a look around and see the statues, paintings, trophies on display etc.

HUTCHYHIBBY
25-11-2015, 10:24 AM
I've said this before but Cheltenham is a truly special place for horse racing fans.

It really does have an atmosphere all of its own, there's something special about being there when that cheer goes up as the first race of the festival commences. :party:

Dav1986
25-11-2015, 01:59 PM
Personally I'd avoid Gold Cup day. Very busy and a lot of day trippers, they also bump the price up. I always enjoy either opening day or St Patricks Thursday the most. Tickets are relatively easy to come by.

I used to always go into Tattersalls but went up to Club a couple of years back and it was worth it imo. Think Club will set you back about £65 for the Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday. About £85 for the Friday.

I've said this before but Cheltenham is a truly special place for horse racing fans, it's the equivalent of a football fan going to Wembley or a F1 fan going to Monte Carlo. Take the time to have a look around and see the statues, paintings, trophies on display etc.

Yeah I figured that would be the case for gold cup day. I reckon I'd want to do St Patricks Thursday as my birthday is St Patricks day and that falls on the Thursday next year.

HibernianJK
25-11-2015, 06:10 PM

:agree::agree::agree:

I went to Gold Cup day this year and am doing so next year as well. It really does have a special buzz that you absolutely cannot describe. Would absolutely recommend GC day however Champions Day Tuesday looks awesome as well.

Treadstone
25-11-2015, 08:16 PM

Going for all days will probably cost £700 before a pot is drunk. Worth it especially if you're an enthusiast. I agree with Pretty Boy about Gold Cup day it's a nightmare (brilliant but mobbed). I went to the first four day festival and the Tuesday was relaxed. My last festival was 2010 so if you're only choosing a single day I'd go Tuesday or Thursday.

Treadstone
25-11-2015, 09:24 PM
Pretty Boy.

Is the club the same entrance area as Tatts ? Does that get you in the bars in the stands ?

Pretty Boy
25-11-2015, 09:27 PM
Pretty Boy.

Is the club the same entrance area as Tatts ? Does that get you in the bars in the stands ?

Yep same entrance but gets you access to more bars etc and you still get full access to Tatts, Centaur and so on. Not sure how it will have changed with the redevelopmemt as I haven't been since the new stand was opened.

Treadstone
26-11-2015, 09:02 AM
Yep same entrance but gets you access to more bars etc and you still get full access to Tatts, Centaur and so on. Not sure how it will have changed with the redevelopmemt as I haven't been since the new stand was opened.

Been to the bars etc in the stands but that was January trials and not festival. They were packed but more on account of how cold it was rather than excessive crowd. Love the Tatts.

lord bunberry
26-11-2015, 10:50 AM
I'm going on the Thursday and Friday again. I love gold cup day, it is unbelievably busy, but it's got a great atmosphere and Cheltenham is brilliant for a few beers after the racing finishes. Was there not someone on here that had a bar in Cheltenham?

Pretty Boy
27-11-2015, 12:00 PM
Rock on Ruby retired due to tendon injury.

Treadstone
27-11-2015, 07:43 PM
Rock on Ruby retired due to tendon injury.

Deserves it. Been on the go since a juvenile hurdler. Small saver on CH win.

Pretty Boy
28-11-2015, 12:36 PM
Had a wee e/w punt on The Young Master in the Hennessey.

Treadstone
28-11-2015, 01:58 PM
Had a wee e/w punt on The Young Master in the Hennessey.

Not a vintage renewal but interesting. Fav is really short on what he's achieved but big potential. Old favourite of mine Smad Place but watching brief taken.

Pretty Boy
28-11-2015, 02:02 PM
Not a vintage renewal but interesting. Fav is really short on what he's achieved but big potential. Old favourite of mine Smad Place but watching brief taken.

I may have egg on my face in a few minutes but with the jumping it seems to be taking today I don't fancy Saphir Du Rhe at all.

Pretty Boy
28-11-2015, 02:02 PM
Well that went well for me, unseated at the first.

Treadstone
28-11-2015, 02:03 PM
Well that went well for me, unseated at the first.

Hate when that happens!!!

Treadstone
28-11-2015, 02:06 PM
Smad going well always vulnerable to a finisher though.

Pretty Boy
28-11-2015, 02:08 PM
Smad going well always vulnerable to a finisher though.

He's going really well

Pretty Boy
28-11-2015, 02:09 PM
Got it in the bag. Jumping won it for him. Great run.

Treadstone
28-11-2015, 02:11 PM
Got it in the bag. Jumping won it for him. Great run.

Seen it out well. Was thinking four out might have a punt on him for National. Plenty options now.

HUTCHYHIBBY
28-11-2015, 07:46 PM
Had a decent ew bet on Wakanda, paid for all the better fancied horses I backed, took 8s which was nice!

Treadstone
28-11-2015, 08:01 PM
Had a decent ew bet on Wakanda, paid for all the better fancied horses I backed, took 8s which was nice!

You'll not get your winners/winnings questioned here Hutchy 😄

HUTCHYHIBBY
29-11-2015, 10:13 AM
You'll not get your winners/winnings questioned here Hutchy 😄

Cannae be arsed posting the losers, its quite a long list though! :-)

Treadstone
30-11-2015, 02:06 PM
Tingle Creek on Saturday

4-7 Un De Sceaux 7-2 Vibrato Valtat, 11-2 Simonsig, 10 Sire De Grugy, 20 Josses Hill, Savello, Somersby, Special Tiara, 25 Mr Mole, 66 Third Intention

Treadstone
05-12-2015, 02:08 PM
Cracking run from Sire De Grugy in Tingle creek. Wonder if he'll keep the race ?

Pretty Boy
05-12-2015, 02:16 PM
Cracking run from Sire De Grugy in Tingle creek. Wonder if he'll keep the race ?

Didn't see it but glad to hear Sire De Grugy is back in the winners enclosure.

Queen Mother shaping up to be a cracker of a race at the festival this year.

Treadstone
05-12-2015, 04:12 PM
Didn't see it but glad to hear Sire De Grugy is back in the winners enclosure.

Queen Mother shaping up to be a cracker of a race at the festival this year.

Travelled well. Jumped great till last three when a bit deliberate but never looked like coming down. Really positive ride.

Treadstone
13-12-2015, 07:11 PM
Disappointing run from Peace and Co. Cross noseband for him next time. Plenty to prove now. Liked the horse in the triumph but 5yos have abysmal record in the CH. Not many options for him though.

Pretty Boy
15-12-2015, 08:19 PM
Pineau Du Re won over hurdles on Sunday becoming the 1st horse in 12 years to win another race after winning the National.

I doubt we'll wait 12 years on the next as I expect Many Clouds to win again in the not too distant future.

Pretty Boy
16-12-2015, 06:55 PM
Coneygree out of the King George and won't reappear until next year due to another injury.

Rumours he may well be out for the season.

Treadstone
22-12-2015, 12:08 PM
Just caught up on Saturdays racing. Thistlecrack. Wow what a performance. Really straightforward horse as well. 11/4 looks tasty.

HUTCHYHIBBY
22-12-2015, 06:34 PM
Just caught up on Saturdays racing. Thistlecrack. Wow what a performance. Really straightforward horse as well. 11/4 looks tasty.

Thats the only horse I backed on Saturday, looks like a Festival Banker. Forgot about Wakanda in my rush to get a last minute coupon on, a tad annoying! :-(

Pretty Boy
22-12-2015, 06:43 PM
Thistlecrack certainly looks the one to beat in the WH.

There's a wee rumour that Bob's Worth may well run in the race. Personally I'd like to see Annie Power have a go at it but not sure if she's being aimed at the Mares Hurdle again.

HUTCHYHIBBY
23-12-2015, 08:15 AM
Ladbrokes looks like the place to be putting bets on for The KG on Sat, bets returned as a free bet if 2nd to the Fav, although the race already covered by their CH4 offer anyway.

I think I'll be a Cue Card man, looks a different horse after its summer operation. I'll need to put a wee bet on Silviniaco too, just in case.

Pretty Boy
23-12-2015, 11:19 AM
Ladbrokes looks like the place to be putting bets on for The KG on Sat, bets returned as a free bet if 2nd to the Fav, although the race already covered by their CH4 offer anyway.

I think I'll be a Cue Card man, looks a different horse after its summer operation. I'll need to put a wee bet on Silviniaco too, just in case.

I was watching an interview with Paul Nicholls the other day and he was saying Conti was looking good. He was struggling after the Betfair but he had a couple of sarcoids, which he is prone to, between his front legs that day which have since been treated, he said he was very sore afterwards and had been doubtful to even run in the weeks leading up. In saying that he also said he would have struggled to beat Cue Card that day regardless.

I'll be going on Vatour in the KG despite the dodgy reappearance, Tea for Two in the Kauto Star Novices and will invest any winnings on Sprinter Sacre in the Desert Orchid.

HUTCHYHIBBY
23-12-2015, 01:33 PM
The last time I checked the RP website Mullins and Elliott had 3 horses entered in two of the pre KG races, think I'll have a bash on whichever they end up running.

Treadstone
23-12-2015, 02:29 PM
The Mullins MO makes me 99% sure that Annie Power turns up in the World Hurdle. They're a winners operation.
Big Vautour fan but will be swerving him on Saturday didn't like the performance going right handed. Can't forget the way Cue Card emptied in this race a couple of years ago so Conti EW for me.

HUTCHYHIBBY
24-12-2015, 04:17 PM
The last time I checked the RP website Mullins and Elliott had 3 horses entered in two of the pre KG races, think I'll have a bash on whichever they end up running.

None of Elliott's 3 entries are running in the 1400 and Mullins is running the jolly in the 1435

HUTCHYHIBBY
25-12-2015, 06:50 AM

Made a wee mistake with The Laddies offer, if the SP Fav wins The King George all losing bets will be refunded as a free bet up to £25.

HibernianJK
26-12-2015, 08:17 AM
The Mullins MO makes me 99% sure that Annie Power turns up in the World Hurdle. They're a winners operation.
Big Vautour fan but will be swerving him on Saturday didn't like the performance going right handed. Can't forget the way Cue Card emptied in this race a couple of years ago so Conti EW for me.

They are winners so she will go to the Mares. Mullins has said this already although they are a powerful stable I find them to be slightly safe. Annie Power no doubt has the ability to win the WH but if the Mares is there for the taking she will go there.

I'm with Vautour in the Kind Dode and Native River in the Kauto Star. Doubts are Tea For Two staying 3m and NR showed he is a proper stayer this season.

Pretty Boy
26-12-2015, 11:45 AM
Having a small punt on Open Eagle in the 1st at Kempton today.

Pretty Boy
26-12-2015, 11:54 AM
Distant 2nd.

Steve20
26-12-2015, 12:15 PM
Anything give Silvianco Conti a chance?

Pretty Boy
26-12-2015, 12:23 PM
Anything give Silvianco Conti a chance?

See my post above re Nicholls talking him up, I personally can't seeing him win though and he's a horse I really like.

As time ticks by I'm increasingly drawn to Cue Card, the surgery he had in the summer seems to have seen him become the horse everyone thought he could be and he's not that didferently priced compared to last year when he was a bit of a no hoper.

Pretty Boy
26-12-2015, 01:07 PM
Get in Tea for Two.

Fancied that horse for this for a while and done the business well.

Pretty Boy
26-12-2015, 01:40 PM
Some performance by Faugheen. Outstanding turn of foot and answered a few questions.

Pretty Boy
26-12-2015, 02:17 PM
Photo in the feature.

Think Cue Card got it.

HUTCHYHIBBY
26-12-2015, 02:30 PM
Go on Paddy B!

Pretty Boy
26-12-2015, 02:34 PM
Go on Paddy B!

Outstanding ride to get him up from there.

I was in the bookies watching and a few of us were on Cue Card, with 3 to jump, Brennan nudging and Walsh still sitting still on Vatour we all said he was never getting up, one boy even threw his slip away. Even the jump at the last was messy. Totally different horse now and stamina questions have been answered.

HUTCHYHIBBY
26-12-2015, 02:59 PM
Aye, approaching the last thought I was on the winner, 10yds after I didn't! All worked out fine though. :-)

ekhibee
26-12-2015, 03:03 PM
Outstanding ride to get him up from there.

I was in the bookies watching and a few of us were on Cue Card, with 3 to jump, Brennan nudging and Walsh still sitting still on Vatour we all said he was never getting up, one boy even threw his slip away. Even the jump at the last was messy. Totally different horse now and stamina questions have been answered.
It was a great finish, but in some ways a bit of a strange race too. A lot of tactics were involved in this race, and in truth not many horses really got into it. I'd really thought the jockey might have had Smad Place up there leading, considering how well he won the Hennessy, and Cue Card is pretty well a confirmed front runner as well. Difficult to tell if Don Cossack would have been in the mix, he was under pressure but staying on when he fell, and I just think there's a bit of a question over the trip with Vautour, who still ran a great race. Sadly Sivianaco Conte does not seem the horse he was. If you watch how Cue Card was ridden, in the last mile of the race he seemed to come on and off the bridle, but he definitely fought well for the win. I'm going to be controversial here, because I really like Cue Card, but I don't believe either the 1st or the 2nd in this race will win the Gold Cup, and with Coneygree out for the season it wouldn't surprise me if another horse that either makes the running or sits up with the pace, and stays the extra 2 furlongs, wins the Gold Cup.

Pretty Boy
26-12-2015, 03:29 PM
It was a great finish, but in some ways a bit of a strange race too. A lot of tactics were involved in this race, and in truth not many horses really got into it. I'd really thought the jockey might have had Smad Place up there leading, considering how well he won the Hennessy, and Cue Card is pretty well a confirmed front runner as well. Difficult to tell if Don Cossack would have been in the mix, he was under pressure but staying on when he fell, and I just think there's a bit of a question over the trip with Vautour, who still ran a great race. Sadly Sivianaco Conte does not seem the horse he was. If you watch how Cue Card was ridden, in the last mile of the race he seemed to come on and off the bridle, but he definitely fought well for the win. I'm going to be controversial here, because I really like Cue Card, but I don't believe either the 1st or the 2nd in this race will win the Gold Cup, and with Coneygree out for the season it wouldn't surprise me if another horse that either makes the running or sits up with the pace, and stays the extra 2 furlongs, wins the Gold Cup.

No arguments from me re the Gold Cup, it's wide open and there for anyone who really wants it.

I wonder if the connections of Many Clouds could be tempted to have another go at it. He put up a great show a couple of weeks ago under a lot of weight and you wonder if he would suit and fancy making it a real stamina test by going out strong. Obviously defending the GN is his main aim but it's there for the taking imo.

ekhibee
26-12-2015, 03:52 PM
No arguments from me re the Gold Cup, it's wide open and there for anyone who really wants it.

I wonder if the connections of Many Clouds could be tempted to have another go at it. He put up a great show a couple of weeks ago under a lot of weight and you wonder if he would suit and fancy making it a real stamina test by going out strong. Obviously defending the GN is his main aim but it's there for the taking imo.
Many Clouds is a very good horse, and I had him when he won the National last season. I actually thought they might not run him in the National again, he seemed to be a bit wobbly after the race and took a wee while to recover, according to the trainer, and if he runs in the Gold Cup again (6th last year) I'd be very surprised if he ran in the National, particularly if he finishes in the first 3. Right now, Ireland have a very strong hand in the GC. Don Cossack, Djaccadam and Road To Riches. But as you say, this year it looks wide open, so there's definitely money to be made. If I was having a bet right now I might stick with Smad Place each way, but as I was saying in my previous post, a lot depends on the tactics. IMO his jockey should do what he did in the Henessey and jump from the front, where he destroyed the opposition. He's not nearly the same horse when he tries to sit in behind the leaders, which is what he did today and finished 4th.

HUTCHYHIBBY
26-12-2015, 10:15 PM
Are we seriously talking about a glorified handicap winner winning The Gold Cup? I'll reserve judgement until March, at the moment Cue Card will do.

Bed time!

Pretty Boy
27-12-2015, 06:52 AM
Are we seriously talking about a glorified handicap winner winning The Gold Cup? I'll reserve judgement until March, at the moment Cue Card will do.

Bed time!

Tbh Many Clouds is a bit different from a lot of recent National winners. It tends to be older horses that win at Aintree and they rarely have much in the way of ambition after that given the inevitable hike in weight. Many Clouds only turned 8 in January and could feasibly run for another 3 or 4 seasons, he's also raced and won in graded company before.

I'm not saying he will win the Gold Cup, just that his owner and trainer could be tempted by the opportunity. A few dour stayers have won the race in recent years, Lord Windemere and Synchronised spring to mind, and it's not unknown for horses who are run in handicaps under big weights, see Denman and Desert Orchid, to revert back to grade 1 level and win at Cheltenham.

Pretty Boy
27-12-2015, 01:32 PM
Sprinter Sacre beats Sire De Grugy by about a length in the Desert Orchid.

Neither really look the force they were but SS jumped really well. Waited a long time to see those 2 battle it out and wasn't disappointed, it was close and a great finish.

Treadstone
28-12-2015, 10:26 AM
Sprinter Sacre beats Sire De Grugy by about a length in the Desert Orchid.

Neither really look the force they were but SS jumped really well. Waited a long time to see those 2 battle it out and wasn't disappointed, it was close and a great finish.

Sprinter Sacre finding something off the bridle which is not usually the case with him. Good time too. Still looks beatable but definitely going right way after his troubles of last two years.

ekhibee
28-12-2015, 01:14 PM
At his peak Sprinter Sacre was just about the best 2 mile chaser I've ever seen. Yesterday was a great race between 2 horses that in their own way, have captured the public's imagination. Either of them, at their best would easily have seen off Un De Sceaux or Dodging Bullets, but this year the Champion Chase is interesting. Un De Sceaux looks a very good horse but he's a dodgy jumper (he fell again yesterday). And I see Aiden O'Brien has got the favourite for the Triumph Hurdle, hmm.

Pretty Boy
01-01-2016, 09:23 PM
Fine performance by Seeyouatmidnight at Cheltenham today to give Scotland a rare victory down there.

Next stop the RSA Chase for him I reckon. If, and it'a big if, he was successful would he be our 1st Festival winner since Brindisi Breeze?

HibernianJK
25-01-2016, 09:34 PM
Un De Sceaux looked back to his best at the weekend. Douvan continued to look imperious and Faugheen put Nichols Canyon back in his place. Mullins juggernaut got to have the British and Irish trainers quaking in their boots?

Pretty Boy
26-01-2016, 07:41 AM
Un De Sceaux looked back to his best at the weekend. Douvan continued to look imperious and Faugheen put Nichols Canyon back in his place. Mullins juggernaut got to have the British and Irish trainers quaking in their boots?

He's into even money to win the British trainers championship this season because of his hand at Cheltenham. Faugheen especially looked scary at Leopardstown, that was a near flawless hurdling display (exxusing the mistake at the last). UDS against Sprinter Sacre and potentially Vatour could well be a duel that will be long remembered.

Be interesting to see what Djakadam shows when he's next seen shortly as the Gold Cup is still wide open imo. Interesting to see Nicholls has give Silviniaco Conti an entry in the World Hurdle and it's looking like Baltazhar King may make a comeback in the Glenfaclas as well.

HibernianJK
26-01-2016, 08:55 PM
He's into even money to win the British trainers championship this season because of his hand at Cheltenham. Faugheen especially looked scary at Leopardstown, that was a near flawless hurdling display (exxusing the mistake at the last). UDS against Sprinter Sacre and potentially Vatour could well be a duel that will be long remembered.

Be interesting to see what Djakadam shows when he's next seen shortly as the Gold Cup is still wide open imo. Interesting to see Nicholls has give Silviniaco Conti an entry in the World Hurdle and it's looking like Baltazhar King may make a comeback in the Glenfaclas as well.

I had all my eggs in he Vautour basket in the King Dode and came up just short. Think he's best over 2m5 but he's too good for the Ryanair and deserves a shot at a Championship race. I would love to see him line up in the Gold Cup. Wouldn't envy Ruby having to choose between him, Djkadam and Don Poli.

Treadstone
27-01-2016, 08:39 AM
I had all my eggs in he Vautour basket in the King Dode and came up just short. Think he's best over 2m5 but he's too good for the Ryanair and deserves a shot at a Championship race. I would love to see him line up in the Gold Cup. Wouldn't envy Ruby having to choose between him, Djkadam and Don Poli.

Decision made a bit easier for Ruby with Bryan Cooper having the call for Gigginstown. I'm guessing nothing will be definite until Festival week.

lord bunberry
27-01-2016, 11:53 AM
I just booked my tickets today, £60 for gold cup day is a bit much tbh.

Pretty Boy
27-01-2016, 12:57 PM
I just booked my tickets today, £60 for gold cup day is a bit much tbh.

Yep pricing is a bit ridiculous now, that's why I swerved last year and am doing the same this year. Although the £55 I'm paying for Tattersalls at Aintree in April isn't exactly a bargain.

lord bunberry
27-01-2016, 05:32 PM
Yep pricing is a bit ridiculous now, that's why I swerved last year and am doing the same this year. Although the £55 I'm paying for Tattersalls at Aintree in April isn't exactly a bargain.

At least with Aintree they've really upped their game from a few years ago, there's loads of bars and you're not packed in like sardines.

Pretty Boy
30-01-2016, 05:25 PM
So Djakadam takes a tumble and Smad Place wins well from Many Clouds. More questions than answers re the Gold Cup after today .

Treadstone
01-02-2016, 03:50 PM
Thistlecrack though!

HUTCHYHIBBY
01-02-2016, 04:07 PM
Thistlecrack though!

Machine of a horse.

Pretty Boy
02-02-2016, 11:09 PM
Thistlecrack though!

13/8 still available for him in the World Hurdle.

Be getting tore in about that in the next few days.

Treadstone
04-02-2016, 10:00 AM
13/8 still available for him in the World Hurdle.

Be getting tore in about that in the next few days.

Not going this year but the sort of horse that makes me bet wisely on the Tuesday and Wednesday keeping the powder for him on Thursday.

Pretty Boy
04-02-2016, 04:54 PM
126 entries for the National as it stands. Notable entries include:

Pinau du Re
Many Clouds
Don Poli
Silviniaco Conti
The Druids Nephew
Double Seven
Goonyella
First Lieutenant
Holywell
Sir Des Champs
Thunder and Roses
Rocky Creek
Unioniste
Long Run
Lord Windemere
Sam Winner

Pretty Boy
17-02-2016, 06:56 PM
Faugheen out the Champion Hurdle and for the season.

Annie Power the 9/4 Fav now although she would have to be supplemented.

Pretty Boy
20-02-2016, 02:47 PM
Big win, albeit in a modest event, for Silviniaco Conti at Ascot today. Had a soft palate op and sacroids removed and looked good for it. Ruled out of the World Hurdle by PN though and will run in the National or Aintree Bowl.

Won a few quid on Reve De Sivola earlier. When the ground is that heavy there's no other horse I'd trust my money with.

Treadstone
22-02-2016, 11:40 AM
Anyone attend any of the preview nights ?

IanM
22-02-2016, 05:34 PM

I have in the past. Usually quite decent but Im too easily led and have had my fingers burnt in the past. Prefer to Watch the ones Betfair/coral post online and don't let them sway me one way or another!

Wouldn't put you off going mind

Pretty Boy
22-02-2016, 06:06 PM

I went to one 4 or 5 years back at Wincanton when I was down that way.

It was pretty decent and Paul Nicholls and Ruby Walsh were in attendance and answered questions in a way that seemed open.

Treadstone
22-02-2016, 11:45 PM
I have in the past. Usually quite decent but Im too easily led and have had my fingers burnt in the past. Prefer to Watch the ones Betfair/coral post online and don't let them sway me one way or another!

Wouldn't put you off going mind

I do go. Just wondered if anyone else does. Been to the one called the Hamilton preview now since its inception. Only missed it once to attend a different one at Kelso but the Hamilton one is far better.

Treadstone
23-02-2016, 04:30 PM
Some helpful reading.

https://www.timeform.com/racing/features/previews

IanM
23-02-2016, 05:38 PM
Arctic Fire out of the Champiom Hurdle now too. Not the best week for Mullins!
M

Pretty Boy
23-02-2016, 05:55 PM
Arctic Fire out of the Champiom Hurdle now too. Not the best week for Mullins!
M

Always takes a bit of a shine of it when top horses miss out on the championship races.

Think I might have an each way on Top Notch in that one.

IanM
25-02-2016, 10:49 AM
Always takes a bit of a shine of it when top horses miss out on the championship races.

Think I might have an each way on Top Notch in that one.

I've had my usual ante post bets from October onwards running and I've bet the new one. I've never bet him so due me nothing but with the field cut up and question marks over most now it's more a level playing field and he defo goes there with a live chance. Not convinced he's my only bet in the race mind but happy with my ante post price.

Any early fancies?

IanM
25-02-2016, 10:49 AM
Some helpful reading.

https://www.timeform.com/racing/features/previews

Cheers! Just waiting for the handicap weights. Think they were confirmed yesterday so should have them out soon

Pretty Boy
25-02-2016, 08:52 PM
Interesting stuff from Tizzard on Cue Card:

http://m.racingpost.com/?redirect_back=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.racingpost.com%2F# news-story/story_id=2038024

Treadstone
14-03-2016, 08:45 AM
One sleep to go. I do like Bristol de Mai in the JLT.

Pretty Boy
14-03-2016, 08:53 AM
Can't wait.

I see, as expected, Annie Power has been confirmed for the Champion.

I'll be having a punt on Polly Peachum in the Mares now.

Treadstone
14-03-2016, 09:17 AM
Can't wait.

I see, as expected, Annie Power has been confirmed for the Champion.

I'll be having a punt on Polly Peachum in the Mares now.

Timeform handicapper all over that as an each way bet to nothing.

Treadstone
14-03-2016, 10:32 AM
Yorkhill not declared for Supreme. Only seven in Arkle, distance betting for me in that now the each way is compromised.

Pretty Boy
14-03-2016, 10:45 AM
Yorkhill not declared for Supreme. Only seven in Arkle, distance betting for me in that now the each way is compromised.

I fancied Yorkhill in the Supreme. I really want to take Min on but Altior looks a bit skinny as well.

Old Guard is out of the Champion.

Pretty Boy
15-03-2016, 07:41 AM
Vautour running in the Ryanair and not the Gold Cup.

Treadstone
15-03-2016, 08:58 AM
Vautour running in the Ryanair and not the Gold Cup.

Disappointed but the Thursday double is sorted now. Thistlecrack and Vautour pays 3/1.

HibernianJK
15-03-2016, 12:01 PM
What a farce from Ricca over the Vautour saga. Not fair on punters in the slightest.

Day 1 -

Supasundae
Sizing John W/O Douvan
MTOY Champion Hurdle
Native River
Thomas Brown

Pretty Boy
15-03-2016, 12:14 PM
I've gone

Altior
No bet
Beg to Differ e/w
Top Notch e/w
Polly Peachum e/w
Southfield Theatre
Double Shuffle

Also stuck the 4 Ricci horses in an acca at 33/1.

All small stakes today as I'm keeping the powder dry for Thursday and Friday.

Pretty Boy
15-03-2016, 12:41 PM
Nice start to the day for me, always good to get that 1st winner in the bag.

Treadstone
15-03-2016, 12:42 PM
I fancied Yorkhill in the Supreme. I really want to take Min on but Altior looks a bit skinny as well.

Old Guard is out of the Champion.

Hope you swallowed the price PB. No danger the bookies were going to take on Altior after laying Min. Good start.

Pretty Boy
15-03-2016, 12:45 PM
Hope you swallowed the price PB. No danger the bookies were going to take on Altior after laying Min. Good start.

Took 9/2 last night, think he briefly touched 7/2 and went off at 4s so happy enough.

CallumLaidlaw
15-03-2016, 12:49 PM
Took 9/2 last night, think he briefly touched 7/2 and went off at 4s so happy enough.

cheers for that :aok:

Thats me £50 up, and I layed min on betfair while backing it on Skybet, so have a £25 free bet with them too.

Good start to my lucky 15 too.

Treadstone
15-03-2016, 12:57 PM
Minimum bet on Douvan +9 lengths. Not a bet I'd usually do but want to be on him just so I can say that. He is a horse that puts distance between himself and others. Confident he beats Sizing John by that on this ground.

Pretty Boy
15-03-2016, 01:16 PM
Douvan is an absolute beast. Barely shaken up at all. So quick through the air.

Vaniteux was never getting there even allowing for the fall. Horse is a star.

CallumLaidlaw
15-03-2016, 01:24 PM
Douvan is an absolute beast. Barely shaken up at all. So quick through the air.

Vaniteux was never getting there even allowing for the fall. Horse is a star.

Unibet were doing a risk free £10 bet so had douvan to win by 3-8 lengths. another wee drop profit to add to Altior. :aok:

Treadstone
15-03-2016, 01:44 PM
Out Sam for me. Pounds better than the 139 but a few who could say that.

HibernianJK
15-03-2016, 01:50 PM
Wee bet on Sizing John without Douvan scoots in with a bit of luck.

Gambling on Holywell returning to old form and Theatre Guide despite a big hike in the weights

Pretty Boy
15-03-2016, 01:57 PM
Bloody Beg to Differ unseated on the flat on the bend!

Treadstone
15-03-2016, 02:04 PM
Identity Thief ante post. Not confident but this looks a poor renewal.

Pretty Boy
15-03-2016, 02:11 PM
Identity Thief ante post. Not confident but this looks a poor renewal.

I went each way on Top Notch. Only beaten a neck in the Triumph last year and by a couple of lengths by Identity Thief in the Fighting Fifth, reckon he could snatch a place at least here.

Treadstone
15-03-2016, 02:27 PM
Speculative match bet on Peace and co to beat Semper Medici. Wind op and back to Cheltenham hopefully reenergise him. Looked a superstar in the making last year.

Treadstone
15-03-2016, 02:41 PM
She might have won that without the allowance.

LustForLeith
16-03-2016, 06:22 AM
Two wins and a place yesterday so up. Just!

zlatan
16-03-2016, 09:19 AM
I went each way on Top Notch. Only beaten a neck in the Triumph last year and by a couple of lengths by Identity Thief in the Fighting Fifth, reckon he could snatch a place at least here.

I have a free five pound bet on Cheltenham today and usually just bet on a horse with a green and purple jumper. Is there a horse man wearing said jumper today you can recommend? Thanks in advance.

Hiber-nation
16-03-2016, 10:26 AM
I have a free five pound bet on Cheltenham today and usually just bet on a horse with a green and purple jumper. Is there a horse man wearing said jumper today you can recommend? Thanks in advance.

Can't see any today but Saddler's Encore in the 2.10 tomorrow fits the bill. 16/1 at the moment. But if it's for today then you might want to go with green only and Vyta Du Roc in the 2.10 is a possibility at 8/1. Sorry, don't know how to post big photos!

Pretty Boy
16-03-2016, 10:49 AM

Dolatulo in the 4.10 wears green with a purple cap, 25/1.

http://www.chasemorefarm.co.uk/horses/dolatulo-le-fou-ex-la-perspective/

Alternatively as suggested you have Vyta Du Roc who wear emerald and bottle green halves and has a live chance of winning, 8/1.

lyonhibs
16-03-2016, 11:45 AM
I'm no expert, but is 3 fatalities in 1 day not pretty steep?

Pretty Boy
16-03-2016, 11:52 AM

It's not good at all.

Statistically since they started keeping these records this has been the safest season for racing, however that will be forgotten now and to an extent rightly so. Absolutely no one likes to see a horse euthanised.

Treadstone
16-03-2016, 12:34 PM

Can't help feeling there will unfortunately be more to come. Clerk of the course tries to get safe racing ground for first day and take it from there. Times suggest it was quicker (firmer) than intended.

HibernianJK
16-03-2016, 03:38 PM
Great training performance from NJH to get SS back to win the Queen Mum. Made some money back on that. Un De Seaux just seemed a bit flat.

Treadstone
17-03-2016, 12:27 PM
Vautour vibes are terrible. Could be a beano for bookies.

Hiber-nation
17-03-2016, 01:57 PM

Never in doubt!

Pretty Boy
17-03-2016, 01:59 PM

Looks like they were unfounded, destroyed Road to Riches at that home turn, stole 3 lenghts in 4 strides.

As Claire Balding said if he has been working with Djakadam at home, how good must Djakadam be looking to make Vautour look bad?

Sergey
17-03-2016, 02:08 PM
Looks like they were unfounded, destroyed Road to Riches at that home turn, stole 3 lenghts in 4 strides.

As Claire Balding said if he has been working with Djakadam at home, how good must Djakadam be looking to make Vautour look bad?

Given Mullins' dominance (yes I know he probably has the best horses) do you think he might be putting something suspect in the animals feed?

I know that Henderson got pulled-up a few seasons ago, but do you know what the testing is like in Ireland?

Wasn't there a horse that won at the Breeders Cup that was on something that isn't permitted in the UK. I think that was Irish trained.

HUTCHYHIBBY
17-03-2016, 02:38 PM
Go on the Thistle, what a horse!

HUTCHYHIBBY
17-03-2016, 02:42 PM
Wasn't there a horse that won at the Breeders Cup that was on something that isn't permitted in the UK. I think that was Irish trained.

The drugs were not adminstered when it ran in the UK so, nae laws broken. IIRC the substance is called Lasix.

Pretty Boy
17-03-2016, 02:50 PM
Out of season use of all kinds of stuff is permitted and rife in both the US and Australia although I think there were/are moves being made to change that. It's far tighter in the UK and Ireland although I daresay there will be those who risk it (see Godolphin 2 or 3 years back).

HUTCHYHIBBY
17-03-2016, 02:53 PM
Lasix is allowed as per Sergeys BC post, thats US rules though.

Treadstone
17-03-2016, 03:27 PM
Good ride from Cooper. First time for everything.

LustForLeith
17-03-2016, 04:30 PM
Limini, Thistlecrack and Vantuor have put me up for the day. The aim tomorrow is to break even for the week!

HUTCHYHIBBY
17-03-2016, 05:00 PM
Cause of causes was a nice wee brucie bonus at the end of the day! 2 winners from 7 races with a return from another 3. Races 5 & 6 were the only jibbers. Nae bets on day 1 & 2 cos I was pissed off.

Looking for Lazio to continue the fun!

Had to change that! Strongbow catching up a bit! Have a good one guys.

HUTCHYHIBBY
17-03-2016, 05:20 PM
Oh well, cheers Lazio!

LustForLeith
18-03-2016, 11:36 AM
Mullins and Walsh in the first four for me today. Each way.

They've got three of Ricci's today as well!

Pretty Boy
18-03-2016, 11:41 AM
Mullins and Walsh in the first four for me today. Each way.

They've got three of Ricci's today as well!

Djakadam is really weak in the market for thr GC but I'm tempted to stay with him. My big concern is whether he will get round.

HUTCHYHIBBY
18-03-2016, 02:15 PM
Djakadam is really weak in the market for thr GC but I'm tempted to stay with him. My big concern is whether he will get round.

Cannae suss the race out at all, think I'll just watch it.

CB_NO3
18-03-2016, 02:53 PM
Gutted, backed Cue Card. I felt he was just starting to up the pressure till he fell.

HUTCHYHIBBY
18-03-2016, 02:54 PM
Fine display from Don Cossack. Carlingford Lough was running on strongly at the finish, could be worth a dabble in The Grand National.

Pretty Boy
18-03-2016, 03:06 PM
Gutted, backed Cue Card. I felt he was just starting to up the pressure till he fell.

Hard to judge. Looked a tired fall and with the hill still to come difficult to say with any certaintity who was winning, Don Cossack is a mighty strong horse.

Would have liked to see him go on though, as I said on the PM board it's annoying that DC and CC have both fell when in contention this year so after 2 races still no idea who is the better horse.

HibernianJK
18-03-2016, 06:43 PM
Good day today at Cheltenham today gets me up for the week.

Victoria Pendleton did well to get round but she was beaten 2 3/4 lengths and still on the bridle when she crossed the line? Surely did not give the horse the best chance of winning the race. Quite a poor ride from a punters POV

Hiber-nation
18-03-2016, 08:52 PM
Good day today at Cheltenham today gets me up for the week.

Victoria Pendleton did well to get round but she was beaten 2 3/4 lengths and still on the bridle when she crossed the line? Surely did not give the horse the best chance of winning the race. Quite a poor ride from a punters POV

That horse would have probably won with a decent amateur on. I suppose it's a great achievement for Pendleton but I don't like it.

Pretty Boy
18-03-2016, 09:00 PM
That horse would have probably won with a decent amateur on. I suppose it's a great achievement for Pendleton but I don't like it.

I suppose most punters with a brain would have steered well clear, makes a bit of a mockery of the whole riding a horse to it's merits and best possible position rule though.

As for Pendleton whilst there is no doubt it is a fanstastic achievement to go from an initial riding lesson to a clear round of jumping around Cheltenham in a year the whole thing leaves me a bit uncomfortable. There are thousands of young people trying to make a living in racing; grooms, work riders, stable staff etc (a lot of them barely clearing minimum wage). Many of them are desperate to get their license and get a shot in the saddle in big races and Pendleton, with huge financial support, has essentially jumped the queue. I've no issue with her wanting to take on another career but she hasn't really started at the bottom and learned her craft. If she's back at Ditcheat next week riding out at 6am and picking up spare rides as and when they become available for the basic fee then I'll be impressed.

Sergey
18-03-2016, 09:14 PM
I suppose most punters with a brain would have steered well clear, makes a bit of a mockery of the whole riding a horse to it's merits and best possible position rule though.

As for Pendleton whilst there is no doubt it is a fanstastic achievement to go from an initial riding lesson to a clear round of jumping around Cheltenham in a year the whole thing leaves me a bit uncomfortable. There are thousands of young people trying to make a living in racing; grooms, work riders, stable staff etc (a lot of them barely clearing minimum wage). Many of them are desperate to get their license and get a shot in the saddle in big races and Pendleton, with huge financial support, has essentially jumped the queue. I've no issue with her wanting to take on another career but she hasn't really started at the bottom and learned her craft. If she's back at Ditcheat next week riding out at 6am and picking up spare rides as and when they become available for the basic fee then I'll be impressed.

I'm on the flip-side of the coin.

She's put racing on the front and back pages of the newspapers as there's been huge media coverage. It also sort of deflects the animal rights protesters bleating on about fatalities and animal welfare.

It's been a marketing coup and fair play to her. The sport couldn't have gotten the same publicity by any other means.

I remember Davey Jones from The Monkeys riding amateur races at Lingfield and I'd back Pendleton to beat him in a two-up race.

Hiber-nation
18-03-2016, 09:15 PM

I agree. Not riding a finish in case you fall off and make your sponsors look stupid is not what it's all about.

Hiber-nation
18-03-2016, 09:16 PM

She's put racing on the front and back pages of the newspapers as there's been huge media coverage. It also sort of deflects the animal rights protesters bleating on about fatalities and animal welfare.

It's been a marketing coup and fair play to her. The sport couldn't have gotten the same publicity by any other means.

I remember Davey Jones from The Monkeys riding amateur races at Lingfield and I'd back Pendleton to beat him in a two-up race.

I sort of agree with that as well! Totally see where you're coming from but I've been watching racing since about 1965 and maybe I'm too much of a traditionalist.

Sergey
18-03-2016, 09:27 PM
I sort of agree with that as well! Totally see where you're coming from but I've been watching racing since about 1965 and maybe I'm too much of a traditionalist.

What Pendleton has done could well bring a whole bunch of new sponsors into the sport. Any/Every sport could do with that (Scottish football being one). Other than the odd sponsor, horse racing is mostly dependent on bookies and levy funding.

It was a marketing ruse that in my eyes worked a treat. I'm honestly glad nothing untoward happened or those pesky animal welfare folks would have had another field-day.

You've also got to remember that this race was for supposed 'amateurs'. Nina Carberry who rode the winner is simply an amateur in name and was born with a saddle stuck to her arse. That for me makes Pendleton's achievement even more noteworthy.

HUTCHYHIBBY
18-03-2016, 09:52 PM
I was glad to hear AP switch the attention back to Nina Carberry after the race, he clearly had little interest in getting involved in all the fawning that was going on re Pendleton. If Carberry had been riding Pendleton's horse it would've sluiced in.

Pretty Boy
21-03-2016, 12:47 PM
I see Long Run has been retired after his poor run at Carlisle yesterday.

blackpoolhibs
21-03-2016, 02:48 PM

Just heard on the radio that Jordan that well known tricycle has said she wants to ride at Cheltenham next year, probably be her first official ride at the course but not her first.

HUTCHYHIBBY
03-04-2016, 11:36 PM
Carlingford Lough was running on strongly at the finish, could be worth a dabble in The Grand National.

FFS Non-Runner! Being aimed at Punchestown instead, thats a tad annoying.

Treadstone
04-04-2016, 09:40 AM

I have a friend who is raging Hutchy. AP tipped it up only a few days ago and now a non runner. Also doing his nut that Cause of Causes needs sixteen to come out not pointed out by bookies who are not NRNB.

HUTCHYHIBBY
04-04-2016, 10:29 AM
I have a friend who is raging Hutchy. AP tipped it up only a few days ago and now a non runner. Also doing his nut that Cause of Causes needs sixteen to come out not pointed out by bookies who are not NRNB.

Now that I've calmed down I suppose thats the perils of Antepost betting.

Treadstone
04-04-2016, 12:14 PM
Now that I've calmed down I suppose thats the perils of Antepost betting.

We all know the risks of ante post but year on year official misinformation is killing markets all in bookies favour. There was a good piece about it in The Guardian on the first day of Cheltenham.

HUTCHYHIBBY
09-04-2016, 12:31 AM
Ruby misses out on Grand National Day after his two falls yesterday. Nina Carberry takes his ride in the race.

LustForLeith
09-04-2016, 08:13 AM
What's peoples fancies for the National? Got a hunch for Saint Are and I'm sticking with it.

Some big shocks yesterday with Limini and Vantour getting beat. Some far too short favourites for my liking today!

Treadstone
09-04-2016, 08:54 AM
The Druids Nephew for me.

HibernianJK
14-04-2016, 10:59 AM
Vautour, Don Cossack and Cue Card all in line for the Punchestown Gold Cup. Rematch of the King George. Hopefully they all make it round on their feet on good groud and we can be treated to an absolute belter.

Pretty Boy
14-04-2016, 12:26 PM
Just booked up for 1st 2 days of next years Festival.

Can't wait.

Pretty Boy
20-04-2016, 12:37 PM
Potential classic on the cards at Sandown on Saturday in the Celebrtion Chase with Douvan, Vatour, Un De Sceaux, Sprinter Sacre and Special Tiara all left in after the last round of declarations.

HUTCHYHIBBY
27-04-2016, 07:03 PM

Bugger! Won The Punchestown Gold Cup @ 12s, never backed it! :fuming:

Pretty Boy
27-04-2016, 07:05 PM
Bugger! Won The Punchestown Gold Cup @ 12s, never backed it! :fuming:

I had Road to Riches who was going well when taking a horrible fall 2 out. No idea how he walked away from it, horse didn't move for a long time after falling and looked a fatal one at the time.

HUTCHYHIBBY
27-04-2016, 10:45 PM
Never saw it, just checked the result.