PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: HALF SEASON TICKETS ON SALE NOW

RSS Bot
16-11-2015, 09:00 AM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/5860)

AngusHibby
16-11-2015, 09:10 AM
How many does everyone think we'll shift?

PatHead
16-11-2015, 09:18 AM
Got to hope for a good number, hopefully at least a thousand.

Makes it really cheap for kids to go if they get the half season. Great Christmas present.

Club deserve it and it will guarantee you cup final tickets for both Scottish and League Cups! :greengrin

JimBHibees
16-11-2015, 09:24 AM
Really good prices for kids in the FF lower, 15 quid for the rest of the season really is next to nothing IMO.

NAE NOOKIE
16-11-2015, 09:31 AM
Should shift about 500 to 1000 with any luck .... this team deserves to be watched by more people.

bod
16-11-2015, 09:44 AM

Coults1875
16-11-2015, 09:45 AM
Gutted they haven't included the rangers game like last year. That game alone easily sold a good few half season tickets last year.

Big_Franck
200 quid for a half season ticket in the Scottish championship is a bit steep IMO. I understand prices needed to be around that mark because of the cost we charged for a full season, but it doesn't make it any more reasonable.

Great student, youth and child prices in the FF lower though :aok:

Billy Whizz
Gutted they haven't included the rangers game like last year. That game alone easily sold a good few half season tickets last year.

The Rangers game is away?

Hibbyradge
16-11-2015, 10:06 AM

:tee hee:

Ozyhibby
16-11-2015, 10:12 AM
Worth it for the guaranteed cup semi and final tickets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DH1875
16-11-2015, 10:18 AM
Really good prices for kids in the FF lower, 15 quid for the rest of the season really is next to nothing IMO.

Is that ages up to 12 or 16?

Coults1875
16-11-2015, 10:23 AM
The Rangers game is away?

:tee hee::duck:

MB62
16-11-2015, 10:24 AM
Will your S.T. be available for any/all possible play off games?

If so, it's a very good deal, if not, it will be pay per game still for me.

Big_Franck
16-11-2015, 10:35 AM

I doubt it, it wasn't last year. The clubs need to give a percentage of the play-off gate receipts to the SPFL so we really need to charge for these games to ensure we don't make a loss on them.

iwasthere1972
16-11-2015, 10:36 AM

We paid for the play off game against the Rangers last season so I would think no.

SouthMoroccoStu
16-11-2015, 10:37 AM

Season tickets, full or half, will not cover any play off games. Not that you'll need them. We're winning this league

CallumLaidlaw
16-11-2015, 10:46 AM

The SPFL sturdied up their rules a wee while ago and put minimum pricing in place for the play offs as well as ruling out season tickets - basically to get round rangers charging a fiver last season.Personally think its poor that the 2 clubs involved cant agree their own prices - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34449699

andy1875
16-11-2015, 11:12 AM
Does anyone know the ages for a child ST and then a youth ST?

Cheers

Billy Whizz
16-11-2015, 11:19 AM
Does anyone know the ages for a child ST and then a youth ST?

Cheers

Think a child goes up to 12?

cabbageandribs1875
16-11-2015, 11:20 AM
just realised tomorrow night is our last home game until 12th Dec v Falkirk

anyway, 11 more home games after tomorrow night = £ 248 if a walk-up, might actually go to every game except the bigots on sat 5th March, absolute certainty that will get moved to 9am or sommit on a sunday morning, therefore brings it down to £220 for 10 walk-up games v £200 for half ST.... Mmm :hmmm:

Hibbyradge
16-11-2015, 11:30 AM
just realised tomorrow night is our last home game until 12th Dec v Falkirk

anyway, 11 more home games after tomorrow night = £ 248 if a walk-up, might actually go to every game except the bigots on sat 5th March, absolute certainty that will get moved to 9am or sommit on a sunday morning, therefore brings it down to £220 for 10 walk-up games v £200 for half ST.... Mmm :hmmm:

And every penny of it will go to the manager...:wink:

cabbageandribs1875
16-11-2015, 11:35 AM
And every penny of it will go to the manager...:wink:

well i hope he's not on the same type of contract that jackie mac jr was on at tannadice...getting a cut of things and all that, i hope he spends it all wisely on the team :)

MB62
16-11-2015, 11:48 AM
The SPFL sturdied up their rules a wee while ago and put minimum pricing in place for the play offs as well as ruling out season tickets - basically to get round rangers charging a fiver last season.Personally think its poor that the 2 clubs involved cant agree their own prices - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34449699

Given that it cannot be used for anything other than normal league games, then it's not such an attractive deal.
Apart from the 90 loyalty points on offer, which you will almost get if you just pay in to all the games anyway, you will save 34p per game, and £6 on the The Rangers game.

seanshow
16-11-2015, 11:54 AM
The average saving is £1 a game, not great for an adult seat in the West/East.
But with + 90 loyalty points the incentive of Cup tickets is good. :)

Billy Whizz
16-11-2015, 11:56 AM
Given that it cannot be used for anything other than normal league games, then it's not such an attractive deal.
Apart from the 90 loyalty points on offer, which you will almost get if you just pay in to all the games anyway, you will save 34p per game, and £6 on the The Rangers game.

Thought it was a greater saving that than
9 games x £22 plus 1 x £28 = £224
Half ticket is £195

Scott Allan Key
16-11-2015, 11:56 AM
Is anyone else getting message that you can't buy online with eticketing for a season ticket? Poor show if they want to boost sales.

cabbageandribs1875
16-11-2015, 12:07 PM
just realised it's not available until the Raith Rovers game in jan, so that's another £44 to take off, therefore...£176(even adding £28 for the bigots game and it would be £204) for my 9/10 walk-ups v £200 for a half ST :rolleyes: with woopy doop points the only incentive...nah

marinello59
16-11-2015, 12:11 PM
just realised it's not available until the Raith Rovers game in jan, so that's another £44 to take off, therefore...£176(even adding £28 for the bigots game and it would be £204) for my 9/10 walk-ups v £200 for a half ST :rolleyes: with woopy doop points the only incentive...nah

Giving the club the dosh up front so that the manager has more to spend in the transfer window is a big incentive as well though isn't it?

cabbageandribs1875
16-11-2015, 12:17 PM
Giving the club the dosh up front so that the manager has more to spend in the transfer window is a big incentive as well though isn't it?

or, giving the club money from jan-may then they can use it for players in the next window...what's the difference ? or do you think the club would say nah we need it now or don't bother giving it to us for the next window, there's always a next window yes ? they're still getting the same amount of dosh, i don't pay up front for my bacon and egg rolls at the cafe down the road, i pay when i get them, i'm sure he's quite happy he will still be getting my custom over the next few months/years

Mikeystewart
16-11-2015, 12:18 PM

Stopped looking for an incentive to watch the Hibs a while ago. If the current form and state of the squad isn't enough to get you back I don't think anything will.

Mikeystewart
16-11-2015, 12:19 PM
or, giving the club money from jan-may then they can use it for players in the next window...what's the difference ? or do you think the club would say nah we need it now or don't bother giving it to us for the next window, there's always a next window yes ? they're still getting the same amount of dosh

That means you're giving them £400 instead of £600 :confused: £400 < £600.

Scott Allan Key
16-11-2015, 12:22 PM
Attending the cup semi and the upturn in performance is persuading me. I've been only been able to go to Sunday and midweek games but might have Saturday's off post December. The performances and atmosphere against Rangers and Aberdeen were enough to make me want to get a season ticket again.

marinello59
16-11-2015, 12:25 PM
or, giving the club money from jan-may then they can use it for players in the next window...what's the difference ? or do you think the club would say nah we need it now or don't bother giving it to us for the next window, there's always a next window yes ? they're still getting the same amount of dosh, i don't pay up front for my bacon and egg rolls at the cafe down the road, i pay when i get them, i'm sure he's quite happy he will still be getting my custom over the next few months/years

If you see supporting your club as being the same as purchasing your bacon and egg rolls then you ain't going to see any merit a season ticket anyway are you? To be honest I'm struggling with your logic there anyway.

cabbageandribs1875
16-11-2015, 12:25 PM
Stopped looking for an incentive to watch the Hibs a while ago. If the current form and state of the squad isn't enough to get you back I don't think anything will.

what exactly are you on about :confused: i'm going to the games i'm just choosing to pay on other terms....weighing up £176 v £200 is kinda like a no brainer eh, or do i not give enough via the gate/shop/HSL ?

That means you're giving them £400 instead of £600 :confused: £400 < £600.

no idea how you get those figures :confused: it's a half season ticket >>>>>>>>>>>>> £200

Hibee87
16-11-2015, 12:32 PM
Is there a payment plan for the half season tickets? Doesnt seem to be much info online other that price then booking :confused:

RCNG
16-11-2015, 12:42 PM
Is there a payment plan for the half season tickets? Doesnt seem to be much info online other that price then booking :confused:

Doubt it very much.

MB62
16-11-2015, 12:59 PM
If you see supporting your club as being the same as purchasing your bacon and egg rolls then you ain't going to see any merit a season ticket anyway are you? To be honest I'm struggling with your logic there anyway.

Seemed quite straight forward to me TBH.

This whole thing is purely down to personal preference, don't think there is a right or a wrong in it whether you pay up front for a season ticket or game by game.
People who are absolutely sure they will not miss a game are better off buying a S.T.
Those that might miss one, two or more during the season are better off, financially, paying in game by game. The club still get the money regardless of what way we decide to pay.

lucky
16-11-2015, 01:10 PM
The kids and youth prices for the FF are great but as with the full ST the adult prices for the East and West are expensive. But this Hibs team are worth watching. Add in the bonus of a SF ticket I'm sure many will sign up.

Centre Hawf
16-11-2015, 02:59 PM
I think everyone who can, should get a half season ticket. But 200 quid is still a lot to pay up front for something. So if people choose to pay by the game then I don't see an issue with that. We're all in different situations and the fact we have multiple options to be able to go and support the club is great. Let's just make sure we're at Easter Road every time because this really is a team worth supporting.

erin go bragh
16-11-2015, 03:08 PM
Thought the club might have done 4 monthly instalments of £50 . Dec to March . Might have helped shift a lot more with xmas just round the corner .

GGTTH

green&left
16-11-2015, 04:03 PM

Only if you have a spare £200, which I guess at this time of the year a lot of folk don't.

Don't get the fascination with season tickets and the "upfront payment argument". If someone doesn't have a wad of cash upfront but has committed to paying at the gate for the season then fair play to them, they get as much "respect" as any season ticket holder. Getting more people through the gates regardless of their payment method should be the aim of the game.

hibsbollah
16-11-2015, 04:10 PM
I'm likely to attend about 80% of home games, so financially there's no incentive for me personally. I suppose I could offer the ticket to friends for the games I can't make, and has been mentioned it's better for the club to have a wedge up front.

As ever, it's always going to be tough to sell season tickets when the stadium is only half full and fans know they can walk up for any game.

Golden Bear
16-11-2015, 04:29 PM
I distinctly remembering during the darkest days of Fenlon's reign that I made a vow never to purchase a Season Ticket again as frankly the football/entertainment on offer at the time could only be described as dire.

However a refreshing wind of change is at last blowing through the Club and I've decided to take the plunge.

Bloody fool that I am.

:greengrin

Pete
16-11-2015, 05:01 PM

Use your flexible friend?

hibsbollah
16-11-2015, 05:03 PM
I distinctly remembering during the darkest days of Fenlon's reign that I made a vow never to purchase a Season Ticket again as frankly the football/entertainment on offer at the time could only be described as dire.

However a refreshing wind of change is at last blowing through the Club and I've decided to take the plunge.

Bloody fool that I am.

Glory hunter.

:hide: :greengrin

Jack
16-11-2015, 05:30 PM

Bloody fool that I am.

Fool?

Nutter!

Hibs nutter though so that's OK ;-)

Keith_M
16-11-2015, 05:48 PM

Alfred E Newman
16-11-2015, 06:22 PM

Bloody fool that I am.

:thumbsup:

iwasthere1972
16-11-2015, 06:47 PM
Just cancel Christmas and get yourself a ticket. If you have a wife/husband and bairns I'm sure that they'll will understand.

andy1875
16-11-2015, 07:01 PM
Think a child goes up to 12?

Cheers Billy.

I'll be down for my half ST this week.

I let it lapse a couple of seasons ago after missing around 5/6 games over the course of the season and coupled with getting relegated, it just wasnt proving value for money.

As much as my circumstances have still not changed and i'll still miss games, it kind of feels wrong not backing the club just now in any which way I can.

So £195 for my ST, and potentially one for 9 year old as well who hates going, but ach well, she'll grow to like it eventually eh :greengrin

Scouse Hibee
16-11-2015, 07:35 PM

Guaranteed income to any business is far better than a projected budget including your cafe down the road :greengrin

marinello59
16-11-2015, 07:44 PM
Only if you have a spare £200, which I guess at this time of the year a lot of folk don't.

Don't get the fascination with season tickets and the "upfront payment argument". If someone doesn't have a wad of cash upfront but has committed to paying at the gate for the season then fair play to them, they get as much "respect" as any season ticket holder. Getting more people through the gates regardless of their payment method should be the aim of the game.

Of course it is only an incentive if you have the money.
I have made no comment about not respecting fans who don't buy a season and I wouldn't. No matter how people pay its all good.

Jack
16-11-2015, 08:04 PM
For those that don't have a spare £200 at this time of year get all your Christmas present buying people to club together to buy you a ST, or contribute to one.

I know what it's like, from way back, and I know how challenging it is. Any change could buy the wains wan, regular and very important parent/child bonding :-)

StevieC
16-11-2015, 08:22 PM
Season tickets just aren't the value for money that they used to be. I would expect a full season ticket to provide the equivalent of 2 free games. I am guessing that, like me, a lot of supporters may miss 2 or 3 games a season (especially given the amount of movement of fixtures to accommodate TV). When the saving is less than the amount spent on one fixture it means that a lot of us will question whether it is worthwhile. I know that there are the added benefits of having your own seat, or cup tickets, and that's fine for those that view this as an added bonus that makes it more enticing .. but it's not for everyone.

I had a season ticket for about 10 years, and most of those were adult&child as I tried to encourage my kids along. With the current season ticket pricing though I just pay per game.

cabbageandribs1875
16-11-2015, 08:43 PM
Seemed quite straight forward to me TBH.

This whole thing is purely down to personal preference, don't think there is a right or a wrong in it whether you pay up front for a season ticket or game by game.
People who are absolutely sure they will not miss a game are better off buying a S.T.
Those that might miss one, two or more during the season are better off, financially, paying in game by game. The club still get the money regardless of what way we decide to pay.

exactos :aok: ...the maths are quite simple...as i tried(badly it would appear) to point out :agree:

Guaranteed income to any business is far better than a projected budget including your cafe down the road :greengrin

you're right of course :agree: but i think someone failed to notice the maths(which i pointed out in wee numbers and everything), £200 for 9 home games, i've already stated i'm only going to 8 home games >>> 8x £22 = £176, BUT...even if i DID walk up to the 9th game as well it would cost me £204...a mega £4 saving if i paid up front, and i might even miss the Alloa or Dumbarton game as well making the half ST even less value for moi, which is all that i was trying to point out in the first place....and like others have stated they/i fail to see the importance of getting the money in quickly for the transfer window coming up, if anything the summer window will be more important than the jan window, imo of course, not many decent players available in the jan sales :)

PatHead
16-11-2015, 09:11 PM
Surely money received now could go towards extending contracts of existing players such as Jason.

Not only to add to the squad which doesn't need much of an improvement.

cabbageandribs1875
16-11-2015, 09:22 PM
it's swings and roundabouts though, i'm confident we have the players to see us go up at the end of the season therefore we don't need any players brought in in the jan window, you're right it could be used to possibly extend JC's contract in jan, but the money from my walk ups from jan to may will still be worth the same value and will go towards acquiring new players for our shot at the big boys league

PatHead
16-11-2015, 09:27 PM
it's swings and roundabouts though, i'm confident we have the players to see us go up at the end of the season therefore we don't need any players brought in in the jan window, you're right it could be used to possibly extend JC's contract in jan, but the money from my walk ups from jan to may will still be worth the same value and will go towards acquiring new players for our shot at the big boys league

Not knocking walk ups. Every fan is important but you can't beat money up front which is guaranteed.

Must admit I quite like having the ticket paid for up front but it suits me.

cabbageandribs1875
16-11-2015, 09:35 PM
Not knocking walk ups. Every fan is important but you can't beat money up front which is guaranteed.

Must admit I quite like having the ticket paid for up front but it suits me.

well the club are just going to have to trust me when i tell them i'm guaranteeing them at least £154 from forthcoming walk-ups, they can budget on that :greengrin might even get a wee bonus of an extra £22 (but don't budget on that)

Since1875Hibs
20-11-2015, 06:10 AM
So, anyone snapped one up yet?

Hopefully people dont assume that was theres only 8000 ST holders they'll get a ticket to the Semi Final, as that doesnt make a difference now its loyalty points. And the problem is that a lot of people pay at the gate so dont get points whereas if they bought online/at shop they would.

Hibee87
20-11-2015, 10:37 AM
So, anyone snapped one up yet?

Hopefully people dont assume that was theres only 8000 ST holders they'll get a ticket to the Semi Final, as that doesnt make a difference now its loyalty points. And the problem is that a lot of people pay at the gate so dont get points whereas if they bought online/at shop they would.

I really want one, but unfortunately can't afford the upfront cost of over 200 pound just before christmas. I emailed hibs asking about a payment plan, but was told there is none available. Shame really as I was looking forward to getting one with my son but I will just need to stick to the odd walk up.

marinello59
20-11-2015, 10:55 AM
I really want one, but unfortunately can't afford the upfront cost of over 200 pound just before christmas. I emailed hibs asking about a payment plan, but was told there is none available. Shame really as I was looking forward to getting one with my son but I will just need to stick to the odd walk up.

Credit card? The club takes a hit for financing the cost of credit for the full season tickets, I'm guessing it would be a relatively larger hit for half season tickets so you can understand why they don't do it.

Hibee87
20-11-2015, 11:20 AM
Credit card? The club takes a hit for financing the cost of credit for the full season tickets, I'm guessing it would be a relatively larger hit for half season tickets so you can understand why they don't do it.

I dont have a credit card unfortunately, I learned a valuable lesson in my younger days with them haha.

I didnt realise the club took a hit, but I know i got one a couple of years ago on a finance for half.

I guess my main issue is the cost, to take the wee man and myself its 34 quid a ticket, add in the juice or chips etc he wants im 40-45 pound every game, wheras a season ticket would be 25 for him and me 170 i think it was divide it by say 4 payments is 48.75 a month, somehoe I lost the mojo at the beginning of the season and let my missus get a season ticket instead of myself, and to be honest i was enjoying saving the 40-45 pound and taking the bairn out for the day but the feeling is back and now he is more interested it would have been nice to treat him to that instead. I will still make it to about half of the home games, maybe one a month and hope I get my 10% bonus at work and stick it away for all 3 of us next season :greengrin