PDA

View Full Version : Observation

Cabbage Lad
15-11-2015, 03:11 PM
Is it just me or do others share my view point? When Hibs are doing well it seems our manager is linked to a lot of other jobs and some of our players too. Eg I've seen Stubbs linked with numerous English teams and now Cummings as well. Don't get me wrong, this is obviously because the team are doing well so it in many ways is a compliment. However, just as we are doing the business on the park it seems that it can easily be disrupted with clubs constantly after our greatest assets. My question is.......
Why does it always seem to be Hibs??
Look at Sevco - Tavernier has been quality but no media outlets linking him to bigger clubs. Also our dear rivals have a manager with an impressive win ratio, young players such as Patterson, King, Nicolson and Baird of Falkirk who is on an unbelievable scoring run yet I've not seen one article linking them with a "bigger move."
I very rarely post on here but am intrigued as to what your thoughts are on this. In a nutshell , we are doing well, manager and players linked with moves. Other clubs I've mentioned also doing well, no players or managers linked with moves for them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hibbyradge
15-11-2015, 03:16 PM
One of the reasons is the wages that Rangers pay.

There are only so many clubs which can afford to top their wages and they already have better players than the ones Rangers have.

Cabbage Lad
15-11-2015, 03:22 PM
I get The Rangers part but why never a mention of other teams? In fairness, I really only scan papers these days but never really see other teams players (particularly our league or city rivals) being linked elsewhere.

cabbageandribs1875
15-11-2015, 03:27 PM
i actually think it's quite flattering in a way, it means we have players/managers* 'bigger' clubs would like :greengrin it certainly can't be because we are easy to deal with...we're not

* well, maybe not our last several managers pre-stubbsy :rolleyes:

jacomo
15-11-2015, 03:31 PM
I think it's because the maroon makes scouts feel queasy, so they form an unfavourable impression of their players even when they've performed well.

GreenCastle
15-11-2015, 03:32 PM
Is it just me or do others share my view point? When Hibs are doing well it seems our manager is linked to a lot of other jobs and some of our players too. Eg I've seen Stubbs linked with numerous English teams and now Cummings as well. Don't get me wrong, this is obviously because the team are doing well so it in many ways is a compliment. However, just as we are doing the business on the park it seems that it can easily be disrupted with clubs constantly after our greatest assets. My question is.......
Look at Sevco - Tavernier has been quality but no media outlets linking him to bigger clubs. Also our dear rivals have a manager with an impressive win ratio, young players such as Patterson, King, Nicolson and Baird of Falkirk who is on an unbelievable scoring run yet I've not seen one article linking them with a "bigger move."
I very rarely post on here but am intrigued as to what your thoughts are on this. In a nutshell , we are doing well, manager and players linked with moves. Other clubs I've mentioned also doing well, no players or managers linked with moves for them.

I think we notice it more as it's our club.

However it does seem that we have some sort of transfer saga or young player opposition teams want.

I agree other teams have players which are talented but don't seem to get so much press.

It's common as we know for the West coast press to stir up stories before we play them or when we are doing well to try and shift focus and derail the positives on the park. The Allan saga is just one example that worked to split fans and togetherness at the club.

Plus if scout's players don't move they don't make money (signing on fee)!

Hibbyradge
15-11-2015, 03:32 PM
I get The Rangers part but why never a mention of other teams? In fairness, I really only scan papers these days but never really see other teams players (particularly our league or city rivals) being linked elsewhere.

I think most teams receive the same attention when they produce good players or have a run of form.

We don't notice because we're not really interested.

For example, Tommy Wright was linked with a move to Dundee United last month and United lost their players to Celtic.

Nadir Ciftci, Stuart Armstrong and Gary Mackay-Steven were all linked with moves to Celtic and all went.

Thecat23
15-11-2015, 03:51 PM

Huns manager and hearts manager were both linked to Prem teams if you believed any of the media. Bread man was "apparently" one Liverpool may be interested in. Villa being the one Interested in Jobbie Neilson.

Also couple of The Rangers players been linked with moves south. Defo not just us!

Cabbage Lad
15-11-2015, 03:53 PM
Must have missed the Neilson one. Defo not a paranoia thread, more a curiosity thread. Thanks

GreenArmy1875
15-11-2015, 03:54 PM
The Rangers plays that are playing well failed down in england or weren't rated good enough by top clubs hence why they are up here.

Cummings etc have great potential

heidtheba
15-11-2015, 03:55 PM
Basing this on no evidence and nothing other than 'gut feeling', I'd say that Hearts, for example, usually have a team that plays and performs more effectively due to better management. Hibs, on the other hand, seemed to have stand out players who are let down by guff managers and some truly dire fellow players.

But it's different now...

Ozyhibby
15-11-2015, 04:03 PM
I must admit that I'm surprised the Walker, King or Nicholson have had no attention at all. Not world beaters by any stretch but decent young players scoring goals from midfield regularly.

Ronniekirk
15-11-2015, 04:15 PM
As Stubbs said recently I am relaxed about all this yes it confirms we are doing well and others are sitting up and taking notice Am not going yo think about January Transfer Window ,as I now Trust the club to go the right thing .

erin go bragh
15-11-2015, 07:10 PM
I must admit that I'm surprised the Walker, King or Nicholson have had no attention at all. Not world beaters by any stretch but decent young players scoring goals from midfield regularly.

Scouts are refusing to sit in that asbestos riddled stand is my guess .

Mr White
15-11-2015, 07:16 PM
Scouts are refusing to sit in that asbestos riddled stand is my guess .

And research into paterson rarely goes past the Google image search stage I'd wager.

Scott Allan Key
15-11-2015, 07:27 PM

I'm sure Everton were interested in Nicholson. Someone posted this last season when Hearts were flying.

AlbertK86
15-11-2015, 07:56 PM
And research into paterson rarely goes past the Google image search stage I'd wager.

This one 👏👍😉

Stax
15-11-2015, 10:11 PM
I think for the first time in a while we have a manager and a team worthy of speculation. Mind you, anyone who still doesn't think the Scottish msm have an agenda are probably tucking in to their succulent lamb.

Mr White
15-11-2015, 10:18 PM

This one 👏👍😉

That's it.

ancient hibee
16-11-2015, 06:02 PM
Journalists have to justify their existence(and expenses)so like to make a song and dance about everything up here.The idea that a manager from Scottish football as it now is would be in the frame for Liverpool is laughable.