PDA

View Full Version : ADMINS: Hibs.net banner

theonlywayisup
14-11-2015, 08:15 PM
How about, for one week only until Saturday morning, changing the Hibs themed banner to the French tricolours.

We've been lucky to have had some very good French players that have played in the green and white. We've loved watching their great play and love for Hibs.

Franck Sauzee
David Zitelli
Guilluame Beuzelin
Didier Agathe
Frederic Arpinon

....plus others.

So why not, our own message of solidarity to the French at this sad sad time.

:sauzee::sauzee::sauzee::sauzee::sauzee::sauzee::s auzee::sauzee::sauzee::sauzee:

whiskyhibby
14-11-2015, 08:28 PM
Good suggestion I concur

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hibbyradge
14-11-2015, 08:36 PM
:thumbsup:

Scottie
14-11-2015, 08:39 PM
:agree: :aok:

Hiber-nation
14-11-2015, 08:42 PM
:sauzee:

Torto7062
14-11-2015, 08:46 PM
🗼👍

JHFC
14-11-2015, 09:03 PM
🇫🇷🇫🇷🇫🇷

marinello59
14-11-2015, 09:15 PM
It's a really nice thought and idea but this won't be happening. The Admin team here aren't going to be picking what is and isn't worthy of a special commeration. We run a fitba forum. It doesn't stop any of us changing our avatars and signatures to show our solidarity with Paris though.

Hibby Bairn
14-11-2015, 09:17 PM
It's a really nice thought and idea but this won't be happening. The Admin team here aren't going to be picking what is and isn't worthy of a special commeration. We run a fitba forum. It doesn't stop any of us changing our avatars and signatures to show our solidarity with Paris though.

Thank goodness for that.

Scouse Hibee
14-11-2015, 09:55 PM
Thank goodness for that.

Yes how would you have coped!

God Petrie
14-11-2015, 09:57 PM
I think we should leave recreational grief to Celtic.

stoneyburn hibs
14-11-2015, 10:20 PM
Get over it ! Would be a suitable touch. All for it.

FranckSuzy
14-11-2015, 10:48 PM
I think we should leave recreational grief to Celtic.

That's a poor comment. No-one's wailing or wringing their hands, they're merely discussing whether or not it should go ahead, in their opinion.

ronaldo7
14-11-2015, 11:06 PM

:agree: Ukrainian Flag, Russian Flag, Turkish Flag, Tunisian Flag, French Flag, Lebanese Flag, Dutch Flag, Syrian Flag, Iraqi Flag, Afghanistan Flag, Palestinian Flag, American Flag, Yemen Flag...Where would it end.

dp00
14-11-2015, 11:39 PM

Wow... Strange Statement to make

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Danderhall Hibs
14-11-2015, 11:42 PM

Why? I think it's pretty fair.

dp00
14-11-2015, 11:44 PM
Why? I think it's pretty fair.

It is fair, maybe it just doesn't come across in the manor intended

marinello59
14-11-2015, 11:44 PM

That's Admin for you here. Strange and always wrong. Feel free to say what you think we should have said that isn't strange.

Hibbyradge
14-11-2015, 11:47 PM

Seems fair to me.

dp00
15-11-2015, 12:02 AM
That's Admin for you here. Strange and always wrong. Feel free to say what you think we should have said that isn't strange.

Not saying your wrong just think the wording of your reply could have been put across better

Maybe a simple "it's not something we will be doing" would have been enough instead you tried to justify not taking part/ not doing it on the fact this is a footie forum which I found weird

No biggy tho we can all have our opinion that's what a forum is about after all this just happens to be my opinion

Scouse Hibee
15-11-2015, 12:19 AM
Of all the differing opinions I have read on this board tonight,I find the fact that we actually have a post questioning the wording of a perfectly acceptable explanation totally bizarre.

Hibbyradge
15-11-2015, 12:58 AM
Of all the differing opinions I have read on this board tonight,I find the fact that we actually have a post questioning the wording of a perfectly acceptable explanation totally bizarre.

:not worth

Keith_M
15-11-2015, 08:37 AM

I disagree, the comment makes perfect sense.

How do you suggest the Admins decide what is and isn't worthy of 'showing solidarity'? Should they have a Syrian Flag up or should they have had a Russian Flag after the downing of Russian Plane?

James.
15-11-2015, 08:58 AM
Maybe a simple "it's not something we will be doing" would have been enough instead you tried to justify not taking part/ not doing it on the fact this is a footie forum which I found weird

Wow, this is possibly the strangest comment I've read on here in years. You're unhappy the admin has reasonably explained their reason for not doing a banner and you would rather they had just given a response without any justification. :confused:

Seems the admins are damned if they do and damned if they don't with some folk on here.

Carheenlea
15-11-2015, 08:59 AM
There is a chance that a lot of people would like to use Hibs.net as an escape mechanism and a sanctuary where they can let their minds escape from depressing world events, on the main board at least.
Social media and mainstream media is saturated with wall to wall coverage of the terrible events, and it would be relieving to take some time away from it to visit here to worry if we have a fully fit squad for the Livingston game, who replaces Dominique Malonga, or can Craig Thomson be trusted not to make a pigs ear of things.

hibbypostie
15-11-2015, 09:04 AM
How about, for one week only until Saturday morning, changing the Hibs themed banner to the French tricolours.

We've been lucky to have had some very good French players that have played in the green and white. We've loved watching their great play and love for Hibs.

Franck Sauzee
David Zitelli
Guilluame Beuzelin
Didier Agathe
Frederic Arpinon

....plus others.

So why not, our own message of solidarity to the French at this sad sad time.

:sauzee::sauzee::sauzee::sauzee::sauzee::sauzee::s auzee::sauzee::sauzee::sauzee:

why didn't you ask this about the Lebanese flag the other day ??????????????

lucky
15-11-2015, 09:07 AM
I thought it was a good idea but M59 has given an response so it's not a big deal. Ultimatley we can all show our respect in different ways away from this forum

Beefster
15-11-2015, 09:20 AM

I've seen this type of thing mentioned a few times on here. It's such a fatuous argument. Different events affect different people in different ways. Maybe the OP has connections to France, maybe he just feels it more because France is a neighbouring country.

Speedy
15-11-2015, 09:57 AM

People have stronger connections to certain people/places than others.

For example, the OP lists French players we've all enjoyed watching. I'm not aware of a similar list of Lebanese players.

It's hardly surprising.

Hiber-nation
15-11-2015, 10:45 AM
People have stronger connections to certain people/places than others.

For example, the OP lists French players we've all enjoyed watching. I'm not aware of a similar list of Lebanese players.

It's hardly surprising.

I wonder why so many people don't understand common sense like this.

Scouse Hibee
15-11-2015, 10:49 AM
I wonder why so many people don't understand common sense like this.

What's this "common sense" thing you speak of? ;-)

Hiber-nation
15-11-2015, 10:52 AM
What's this "common sense" thing you speak of? ;-)

Yeah, must be showing my age :greengrin

theonlywayisup
15-11-2015, 12:22 PM

I'll close this thread now.

I asked the question and the Admins have stated the reasons for saying no. I have absolutely no problem with the response.

Had we had notable Lebanese players that had been a key part of our history, I would have done the same thing.