PDA

View Full Version : Falkirk 5-0 Alloa

--------
14-11-2015, 03:55 PM
Only a point behind us now and equal on goal difference.

We need to win well on Tuesday evening.

PatHead
14-11-2015, 04:04 PM
Any win will do me. The important thing is to win, goal difference can follow.

It is all about keeping our nerve and accumulating points.

GlasgowHibee
14-11-2015, 04:09 PM
Didn't realise just how close they were to us, we can't afford to slip up in any games.

green day
14-11-2015, 04:16 PM

Agreed - but I expect us to trounce Livi, to be honest.

Our next few games are important - we play Falkirk at easter road in early/mid december, so that is a real 6 pointer.

Being honest they have done well, flown under the radar a wee bit - but I think we are a better team, have more strength in depth, and are improving game by game. Take Baird out that team and who scores ?

Andy74
14-11-2015, 04:35 PM

Long way to go and I don't think it really matters in the scheme of things what happens on a week to week basis.

We will finish well ahead of them.

Spike Mandela
14-11-2015, 04:38 PM
Alloa are the worst team I have seen at this level for a long time and are the whipping boys of the league.

Dav1986
14-11-2015, 04:43 PM
Didn't realise just how close they were to us, we can't afford to slip up in any games.

I'm not looking behind us just yet. We can't afford any slip ups to catch the huns. That's all I'm focused on right now as should the team. Win the games as they come and get ahead of rangers. If we slip up and they don't we can pretty much kiss goodbye to the title and then we can worry about staying ahead of Falkirk IMO

Ringothedog
14-11-2015, 04:46 PM

If we win on Tuesday we are only 2 points behind sevco

DC_Hibs
14-11-2015, 04:51 PM
Haha Pampers time.

Despite the euphoria of late there are still some worried about Falkirk.
2nd is safe....and the likely finishing position

CentreLine
14-11-2015, 05:46 PM

Yep and only a couple of weeks ago they were 4 points ahead of us. No need to be looking over our shoulder just yet :agree:

HibbyAndy
14-11-2015, 05:48 PM
Long way to go and I don't think it really matters in the scheme of things what happens on a week to week basis.

Spot on Andy.

NORTHERNHIBBY
14-11-2015, 06:02 PM
Five zip against any team in this league is a great result and putting teams well and truly away with the minimum of fuss is what we should be doing week in week out. Fine to say that one nil would do but I would rather have teams fearing a hiding rather than thinking one goal might give them a draw .

Borderhibbie76
14-11-2015, 06:23 PM
Five zip against any team in this league is a great result and putting teams well and truly away with the minimum of fuss is what we should be doing week in week out. Fine to say that one nil would do but I would rather have teams fearing a hiding rather than thinking one goal might give them a draw .
And in case u have forgotten we put 4 past st mirren last week and 3 past Dundee Utd the game before that...we r hardly struggling mate

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Malthibby
14-11-2015, 06:27 PM
Falkirk are exceeding expectations & good luck to them, but if we get to the stage where we are worried about finishing behind Falkirk
something will have gone seriously wrong. We have better players & a much stronger squad. Hopefully they will be behind us & in front
of The Rankers by the end of the season.
GG

God Petrie
14-11-2015, 06:33 PM
I hope they can pip Rangers to second place.

Keith_M
14-11-2015, 06:50 PM
We just need to keep winning and not worry about what other teams are doing.

NORTHERNHIBBY
14-11-2015, 07:49 PM
And in case u have forgotten we put 4 past st mirren last week and 3 past Dundee Utd the game before that...we r hardly struggling mate

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Read my post again and I can't see where I have said we were struggling? Was posted with reference to Pathead's post.

Hiber-nation
14-11-2015, 07:57 PM
Fair play to Falkirk but their squad isn't anything like as strong as ours and I'm confident we'll beat them home and away. So in short, I'd say they'be be doing well to finish within 10 points of us at the end of the season.

Scottie
14-11-2015, 08:05 PM
They are doing well but let's concentrate on what we've got to do and that's keep on winning ourselves.

shamo9
14-11-2015, 08:21 PM
Amazing to think they were pumped 7-0 off the mighty Ross County in September:greengrin

That's football for ya!

erin go bragh
14-11-2015, 08:29 PM
Hope they keep pumping everyone but us :wink: Bring on Livi on Tuesday ,cannie wait .

R'Albin
14-11-2015, 08:31 PM

:agree:

Seveno
14-11-2015, 09:51 PM
Taxi for Lennon before we play them?

lord bunberry
15-11-2015, 12:43 AM
I hope they can pip Rangers to second place.

Or Morton for third.

Springbank
15-11-2015, 01:53 AM
This result puts one thing in perspective..

While we were beating St mirren 4-1 away Sevco took the headlines "back on track with 4-0 humbling of alloa"

Methinks 4-1 v St mirren is a top result (Sevco won 1-0 wirh a lucky cross sneaking in)

4-0 home to alloa was below par, despite the level five spin

#FromTheCapital
15-11-2015, 06:33 AM
I don't think Falkirk are strong enough to keep this form up over the course of the season, I'd like to think that we are however. If they're still this close in say March then it could be a concern.

lucky
15-11-2015, 08:53 AM
A decent Falkirk side is good for Hibs as they might actually give Rangers a game. Whilst the leagues in our own hands I think it's a big ask to win every league match between now and the end of the season

alexhibs
15-11-2015, 09:01 AM
Sorry to bounce in on this thread but how the f*** do I change my password😫 The remember me box won't work either😩

O'Rourke3
15-11-2015, 09:32 AM
Sorry to bounce in on this thread but how the f*** do I change my password The remember me box won't work either
I can help you but you'd need to send me all your bank details.....:cb

alexhibs
15-11-2015, 09:51 AM
I can help you but you'd need to send me all your bank details.....:cb

Bank balance=£0.00😫

Sir David Gray
15-11-2015, 04:41 PM
I'm not worried in the slightest about Falkirk.

They're a decent side and are capable of beating us on their day but I don't believe they are capable of finishing above us.

If we win on Tuesday night, we'll be two points behind Sevco.

I'm far more interested in focussing on that than I am about how close Falkirk are behind us.