PDA

View Full Version : Morton away

Billy Whizz
14-11-2015, 03:16 PM
Due at cappielow in early December. Does anyone know if we any covered seating at cappielow. I know some away fans get the uncovered behind the goals, but was wondering if we get any seats in their main stand?

Hiber-nation
14-11-2015, 03:50 PM
Due at cappielow in early December. Does anyone know if we any covered seating at cappielow. I know some away fans get the uncovered behind the goals, but was wondering if we get any seats in their main stand?

I'm sure we get half of one of the covered stands as well as one of the the uncovered ends. Not sure how many tickets in the covered bit though.

NadeAteMyLunch!
14-11-2015, 06:14 PM
Big group of us planning on heading through to this. Got visions of Cowdenbeath last season! Anyone trained it to Cappielow from Waverly before?

Purple & Green
14-11-2015, 07:56 PM
I'm sure we get half of one of the covered stands as well as one of the the uncovered ends. Not sure how many tickets in the covered bit though.

There only is one covered stand, the main one. I'd guess we'd have some allocation there, possibly 500?

Big group of us planning on heading through to this. Got visions of Cowdenbeath last season! Anyone trained it to Cappielow from Waverly before?

You'd need to change at Queen Street and get Gourock train from central to Cartsdyke, it's a five minute walk to the ground from there. Forty minutes on the train from central and not all trains stop there.

Hermit Crab
14-11-2015, 11:54 PM

Is a james hunt of a journey by train.

Hermit Crab
14-11-2015, 11:55 PM
There only is one covered stand, the main one. I'd guess we'd have some allocation there, possibly 500?

You'd need to change at Queen Street and get Gourock train from central to Cartsdyke, it's a five minute walk to the ground from there. Forty minutes on the train from central and not all trains stop there.

No there isn't, theres two covered stands. The main stand and the stand opposite is covered and has seating at the front and terracing to the rear

http://www.footballgroundguide.com/leagues/scottish-spl-premier-and-football-league-clubs/scottish-championship/greenock-morton-cappielow-park.html

Pretty Boy
15-11-2015, 08:26 AM
Looking forward to this one. Big old style terracing even with the benches, that no one uses, bolted in.

Likely to be slightly more pleasant in late April as opposed to early December though.

lucky
15-11-2015, 08:30 AM

Train to Queen street across to Central and train to Port Glasgow. If I'm remembering correctly but it must over 30 years since I went there by train.

Just read Cartsdye is the closest station

DH1875
15-11-2015, 08:38 AM
Train to Queen street across to Central and train to Port Glasgow. If I'm remembering correctly but it must over 30 years since I went there by train.

Just read Cartsdye is the closest station

Cartsdyke (sp?) is right next to the stadium. Away end backs right onto it. Its further down the line though than Port Glasgow so dont be getting off there.

Purple & Green
15-11-2015, 02:17 PM
No there isn't, theres two covered stands. The main stand and the stand opposite is covered and has seating at the front and terracing to the rear

http://www.footballgroundguide.com/leagues/scottish-spl-premier-and-football-league-clubs/scottish-championship/greenock-morton-cappielow-park.html

Fair enough, I'd call that a covered terrace with a small amount of seating at the front.

iwasthere1972
15-11-2015, 02:51 PM
Haven't been to Cappielow since 1972/73 season when we beat them 3-0. Went on the Pentland Hibs branch bus that left from the White Hart in the Grassmarket. The stadium looks much the same now as it did all those years ago.

Happy days and more to come.

Killiehibbie
15-11-2015, 03:32 PM
Big group of us planning on heading through to this. Got visions of Cowdenbeath last season! Anyone trained it to Cappielow from Waverly before?Just stay on the train right into Greenock and grab a couple of pints in in the James Watt then you're just over a mile to the ground.

NadeAteMyLunch!
15-11-2015, 10:49 PM
Train sounds like a treck and a half(as I imagined). Done the two trains to St Mirren but this is about an extra 20 mins or so each way I think. Supporters bus might be a better option for us? Prefer a train trip but 4 trains and 4 hours nearly ain't great

green&left
16-11-2015, 08:16 AM
Train sounds like a treck and a half(as I imagined). Done the two trains to St Mirren but this is about an extra 20 mins or so each way I think. Supporters bus might be a better option for us? Prefer a train trip but 4 trains and 4 hours nearly ain't great

A trek and a half!? Your total travelling time by train in 1hr 30mins (each way)???

Havn't check the prices but you may be cheaper splitting the jouney up if there is 3 or 4 of you's. Check getting a groupsaver to Queen Steet return, and a return ticket from Central to Cartsdyke.

HUTCHYHIBBY
16-11-2015, 08:32 AM
Havn't check the prices but you may be cheaper splitting the jouney up if there is 3 or 4 of you's. Check getting a groupsaver to Queen Steet return, and a return ticket from Central to Cartsdyke.

I checked that last night, it is indeed cheaper. IIRC its £6.90 return for the Gla Central - Cartsdyke return.

LancashireHibby
16-11-2015, 10:07 AM
Booked my trains a couple of weeks ago, Wigan-Glasgow Central and then on to Cartsdyke. Should be a good trip (as long as it stays dry!)

Billy Whizz
20-11-2015, 05:07 PM
Just noticed that we haven't been given any covered seating for this match.

craigmounthibby
20-11-2015, 05:10 PM

Yeah, I saw that too. Prices for rain like Cowdenbeath last November.....?
Never been so soaked.

tamig
20-11-2015, 05:14 PM
Is a james hunt of a journey by train.

Its not really. A change at Queen Street to Central. Not bad at all. Just beware on the platform at Cartsdyke for the return journey though - especially if the bulk of the support have gone. Not a very welcoming spot.

Hiber-nation
20-11-2015, 06:09 PM

Aw bollox. I assumed away fans got some of the covered bit. Only £17 I suppose....

Lucius Apuleius
20-11-2015, 07:57 PM
Tickets on sale yet? Don't see them on the fishul site.

eastterrace
20-11-2015, 08:03 PM
Haven't been to Cappielow since 1972/73 season when we beat them 3-0. Went on the Pentland Hibs branch bus that left from the White Hart in the Grassmarket. The stadium looks much the same now as it did all those years ago.

Happy days and more to come.

that was the last time i was there as well, sure jim orourke scored the 3 goals for us.

Billy Whizz
20-11-2015, 08:25 PM

Hibs said they are, details on the official site

Albanian Hibs
20-11-2015, 08:26 PM

Yes and they are there

marinello59
20-11-2015, 08:41 PM
Hibs said they are, details on the official site

I couldn't see anything until I logged in to the e-ticketing system.
Got mine now. :thumbsup:

Billy Whizz
20-11-2015, 08:42 PM
I couldn't see anything until I logged in to the e-ticketing system.
Got mine now. :thumbsup:

Is it unreserved seating😄

HH81
20-11-2015, 08:43 PM
Booked my trains a couple of weeks ago, Wigan-Glasgow Central and then on to Cartsdyke. Should be a good trip (as long as it stays dry!)

What trains you on?

Baldy Foghorn
20-11-2015, 08:57 PM
Hope to Falkirk it's a dry day...............

marinello59
20-11-2015, 09:00 PM
Is it unreserved seating

And uncovered I think . :greengrin

Jonnyboy
20-11-2015, 09:01 PM
And uncovered I think . :greengrin

:agree:

The seating is akin to what we used to have at the Dunbar end a million years ago - benches and no cover. Wonder if we'll get issued with yellow rainmates? :greengrin

Baldy Foghorn
20-11-2015, 09:02 PM

The seating is akin to what we used to have at the Dunbar end a million years ago - benches and no cover. Wonder if we'll get issued with yellow rainmates? :greengrin

Rest assured no-one will sit if it's wet, or the whole away end will get the Duke of Argyles in time for Christmas

Billy Whizz
20-11-2015, 09:05 PM

The Info on one of the grounds websites, says that we get half of the old main stand. Wonder why we're not getting this. We should stick them miles away the next time they come to ER, if this is the best they can give us. Home fans under 2 covered area's, away fans.....

monktonharp
20-11-2015, 09:08 PM
Never been there, and looking forward to it. how are we not getting a covered stand/terracing? the wee Dublin end seems good to me:greengrin

monktonharp
20-11-2015, 09:10 PM
The Info on one of the grounds websites, says that we get half of the old main stand. Wonder why we're not getting this. We should stick them miles away the next time they come to ER, if this is the best they can give us. Home fans under 2 covered area's, away fans.....:agree:I demand cover! or a free brolly. does say that the away fans get cover though

Billy Whizz
20-11-2015, 09:11 PM
:agree:I demand cover! or a free brolly. does say that the away fans get cover though

Maybe for our fans reps to take up on behalf of the supporters

Lucius Apuleius
20-11-2015, 09:16 PM
Yes and they are there

Boogers have only put them up in last couple of hours!!! :-)

monktonharp
20-11-2015, 09:47 PM
Boogers have only put them up in last couple of hours!!! :-)not a bad capacity anyway, so we should have nae problem getting tickets and with Capillow holding 11k+ there is sure to be patg. Baldy?

Baldy Foghorn
20-11-2015, 09:53 PM
not a bad capacity anyway, so we should have nae problem getting tickets and with Capillow holding 11k+ there is sure to be patg. Baldy?

On 12 December 2008, Morton announced the purchase of a stand from longtime rivals St. Mirren, who were leaving their Love Street home to move to Greenhill Road.[4] It will be re-erected at the "Wee Dublin end".[4] It was also announced two of St. Mirren's floodlights had also been purchased,[4] to be put at either end of the Cowshed.

Did that stand go up then, doubt it as Wee Dublin end uncovered.............Would imagine tickets would be available at ground on game day........

monktonharp
20-11-2015, 09:59 PM
On 12 December 2008, Morton announced the purchase of a stand from longtime rivals St. Mirren, who were leaving their Love Street home to move to Greenhill Road.[4] It will be re-erected at the "Wee Dublin end".[4] It was also announced two of St. Mirren's floodlights had also been purchased,[4] to be put at either end of the Cowshed.

Did that stand go up then, doubt it as Wee Dublin end uncovered.............Would imaging tickets would be available at ground on game day........cheers mate:aok:

marinello59
21-11-2015, 06:27 AM

Sounds like a splendid place to visit. :greengrin

Keith_M
21-11-2015, 07:57 AM

Did that stand go up then, doubt it as Wee Dublin end uncovered.............Would imagine tickets would be available at ground on game day........

It's still not been built.

They also installed wooden seats behind the goals in the late 70s, with the intention to cover that area a few years after. They still haven't got round to that either.....

As an aside: Morton Fans boycotted Easter Road in 1982 (I think) because of the violence. That was a few years before Hibs had any casuals.

Ronniekirk
21-11-2015, 08:00 AM
Never been there, and looking forward to it. how are we not getting a covered stand/terracing? the wee Dublin end seems good to me:greengrin

On a nice sunny day it would be ,but if it's teaming down with rain there is no hiding place you are total exposed to the elements .
I worked in Greenock for years when there were over ten thousand jobs still in the Shipbuilding Industry and the big sugar boats docked to take thier produce up to Tate and lyale sugar factory All long gone now and waterfront completely transformed .But the ground hasn't changed much .
Nice Wee drive down from Paisley and views across Clyde to Dumbarton rock .
But you won't find a classy boozer like the Alamo in Paisley .:greengrin

Keith_M
21-11-2015, 08:02 AM
On a nice sunny day it would be ,but if it's teaming down with rain there is no hiding place you are total exposed to the elements .
I worked in Greenock for years when there were over ten thousand jobs still in the Shipbuilding Industry and the big sugar boats docked to take thier produce up to Tate and lyale sugar factory All long gone now and waterfront completely transformed .But the ground hasn't changed much .
Nice Wee drive down from Paisley and views across Clyde to Dumbarton rock .
But you won't find a classy boozer like the Alamo in Paisley .:greengrin

Aw naw, Ronnie's back.

He'll soon be rabitting on again about the cultural capital of Paisley......

:wink:

ALF TUPPER
21-11-2015, 08:06 AM
Still the same old place and not changed much .... So, look out your flares ( that'll be the retro slacks from back of t'wardrobe and not the pyrotechnics), platform shoes and Charlie's Angels tank-tops . We're off to Cappielow.

Back to the Future. 👍

Ronniekirk
21-11-2015, 08:13 AM
Aw naw, Ronnie's back.

He'll soon be rabitting on again about the cultural capital of Paisley......

:wink:

I particularly like the Victorian Sewer Rabbit Rabbit http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/11/21/616190f87f4731fd6fa075a1ecb37bb6.jpg

But here is a nice Angel just for youn

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk