PDA

View Full Version : Oscar De La Hoya goodbye letter to Mayweather

GreenLake
14-11-2015, 02:45 AM
He went all out to rip him a new one. :greengrin

http://www.playboy.com/articles/oscar-de-la-hoya-writes-an-honest-farewell-letter-to-floyd-mayweather

Pretty Boy
14-11-2015, 06:57 AM
What a load of utter tosh.

Think Oscar is back on the ching.

Allant1981
14-11-2015, 08:51 AM
Not really tosh, mayweather is a very boring fighter and has been for years, took too many easy fights just so he could get an easy pay day( not saying i wouldnt either) he should have fought more fighters in their prime and not at the end of their careers, thats where legends of the sport are made

Torto7062
14-11-2015, 09:19 AM
😂😂😂😂😂

Brilliant Article from Oscar

Pretty Boy
14-11-2015, 09:42 AM
Not really tosh, mayweather is a very boring fighter and has been for years, took too many easy fights just so he could get an easy pay day( not saying i wouldnt either) he should have fought more fighters in their prime and not at the end of their careers, thats where legends of the sport are made

It is tosh and riddled with hypocisies.

He accuses Mayweather of forcing Canelo to give away too much weight. Did Oscar fight either Mayweather or Pacquaio at their favoured weight? The Pacquiao De La Hoya fight was dubbed a 'freak show' iirc. He accuses Mayweather of fighting boxers who are over the hill yet is marketing one of them, Miguel Cotto, as a star attraction this weekend. Does he forget who booked and marketed many Mayweather fights? Are we airbrushing out the way Floyd blitzed his way through the weight classes. The way he beat one of the best lightweights ever, Jose Luis Castillo, twice. Do Diego Coralles, Zab Judah, Juan Manauel Marquez, Ricky Hatton, Gennaro Hernandez, Carlos Baldomir and the aforementioned Migeul Cotto all of whom where lineal world champions when Floyd fought them not count as notable victories.

It's easy to say Alvarez was 'too young' or Moseley 'too old' after the event. Before both fights De La Hoya tipped them to beat Floyd.

The idea Floyd is a boring fighter has grown arms and legs as well. Watch some of his fights from featherweight through light welterweight and tell me he was boring. Lightning fast 3 and 4 punch combinations. The devestating beating he gave Arturo Gatti was anything but boring. Yea he adapted his style as he got in with bigger and stronger men, that's smart to me, not boring.

GreenLake
14-11-2015, 11:38 AM
Can't wait for Mayweather's response. He must be seething.

lord bunberry
14-11-2015, 03:45 PM
He comes across as being quite bitter tbh. Mayweather is a fantastic boxer and the best defensive boxer around. Where I agree with him is that he didn't fight the best while they were at their peak and he took too many easy fights(easy for him anyway) his last fight being a typical example. Mayweather talked the talk and walked the walk, he talked so much in fact he is always going to have his critics.

Pretty Boy
14-11-2015, 09:03 PM
He comes across as being quite bitter tbh. Mayweather is a fantastic boxer and the best defensive boxer around. Where I agree with him is that he didn't fight the best while they were at their peak and he took too many easy fights(easy for him anyway) his last fight being a typical example. Mayweather talked the talk and walked the walk, he talked so much in fact he is always going to have his critics.

For a long time it was generally agreed Mayweather was jealous of Oscar. He had the riches, the money and the Olympic gold . I think latterly the roles may well have been reversed.

#FromTheCapital
15-11-2015, 07:01 AM
Mayweather is/was a fantastic defensive boxer, nobody can deny that and Oscar even says words to this effect in his letter. He was the master of hitting and not being hit - someone might correct me but I don't think he was ever knocked down in any of his fights, never mind knocked out.

However, Mayweather is more deluded than your typical hearts fan when he calls himself TBE - the best ever. I even seen an interview earlier this year where he proclaimed that he was better than Ali. That's ridiculous imo for many of the reasons that Oscar states in his letter.

I would've loved to see him fight the Pacquiao of 5 years ago, but that didn't happen for some bull**** reason. Instead we seen an incredibly boring fight in May this year because Pac-man is clearly past it and floyd knew it.

easty
16-11-2015, 10:52 AM
The idea Floyd is a boring fighter has grown arms and legs as well. Watch some of his fights from featherweight through light welterweight and tell me he was boring. Lightning fast 3 and 4 punch combinations. The devestating beating he gave Arturo Gatti was anything but boring. Yea he adapted his style as he got in with bigger and stronger men, that's smart to me, not boring.

:agree: