PDA

View Full Version : NHC Get in. Espana 2 v England 0

iwasthere1972
13-11-2015, 09:27 PM
6 minutes to go.

:thumbsup:

I know it's only a friendly but even if they were playing blow fitba I would still want England to get skelped.

Apologies to our Scouser Hibby who will be posting here shortly. :greengrin

Hibernia&Alba
13-11-2015, 09:29 PM
I'm half English and take great offence :greengrin

SteveHFC

Hopefully you cry yourself to sleep tonight. :greengrin

iwasthere1972

Good. :giruy2:

Scottie
13-11-2015, 09:30 PM
Disappointed it's not more. Mind you as soon as they come up against an average team they are found out. :aok:

Hibernia&Alba
13-11-2015, 09:35 PM
Hopefully you cry yourself to sleep tonight. :greengrin

I might be the only person anywhere who wants Scotland, England and Ireland all to do well, but that's the price of being a mongrel.

Scouse Hibee
13-11-2015, 09:37 PM
Two tremendous goals see off an England reserve side, nothing to be worried about.😁

Hibernia&Alba
13-11-2015, 09:39 PM
Two tremendous goals see off an England reserve side, nothing to be worried about.

I didn't watch it, but England always fold against the top sides despite going great in qualifying. At least you qualify though.

easty
13-11-2015, 09:40 PM
whats Joe Hart on about? Talking *****.

Scouse Hibee
13-11-2015, 09:41 PM
I didn't watch it, but England always fold against the top sides despite going great in qualifying. At least you qualify though.

You missed two great finishes. Yes as you say at least we qualify to be pumped in the finals.

Scouse Hibee
13-11-2015, 09:42 PM
whats Joe Hart on about? Talking *****.

What did he say?

Jonnyboy
13-11-2015, 09:43 PM
What did he say?

Something about head and shoulders :greengrin

easty
13-11-2015, 09:43 PM
What did he say?

Asked if they were beat by the better team he starts rambling nonsense about "why are they playing on a 3rd division pitch?".

Scouse Hibee
13-11-2015, 09:44 PM
Asked if they were beat by the better team he starts rambling nonsense about "why are they playing on a 3rd division pitch?".

Haha he's just pissed off at the two goals that left him helpless.

Scouse Hibee
13-11-2015, 09:45 PM

😀

Stax
13-11-2015, 09:51 PM
6 minutes to go.

I know it's only a friendly but even if they were playing blow fitba I would still want England to get skelped.

Apologies to our Scouser Hibby who will be posting here shortly. :greengrin
I'm sure Scouse'll be distraught... Ireland a team we took 4 points off look like they're half way to France along with everyone else except us. England are gash when they come up against anyone decent but that's as much a given as Scotland cruelly just missing out / heroically failing. Both teams need to lower their respective expectations but I tell you what, I'd rather be in France next year than in the wilderness we've been in for the last 20, nearly 30 years.

DH1875
13-11-2015, 09:57 PM
Two tremendous goals see off an England reserve side, nothing to be worried about.😁

Haven't seen it. Did Spain have a full team out or a reserve team?

Scouse Hibee
13-11-2015, 10:00 PM
Haven't seen it. Did Spain have a full team out or a reserve team?

Below strentgh with a few missing through injury still far too good for the England team.

stoneyburn hibs
13-11-2015, 10:58 PM
England will still win Euro 2016 at a canter.

Gus
13-11-2015, 11:35 PM
Just a friendly against the current European champions. Be nice to have all the home nations in France next year......oh hang on, Scotland bottled it against Georgia

stokesmessiah
13-11-2015, 11:45 PM
That first goal though.

Ringothedog
14-11-2015, 08:56 AM
I'm sure Scouse'll be distraught... Ireland a team we took 4 points off look like they're half way to France along with everyone else except us. England are gash when they come up against anyone decent but that's as much a given as Scotland cruelly just missing out / heroically failing. Both teams need to lower their respective expectations but I tell you what, I'd rather be in France next year than in the wilderness we've been in for the last 20, nearly 30 years.

It will only be 18 years in the wilderness, nowhere near 30 years but close to 20 ( :

Sadly.

Stax
14-11-2015, 09:03 AM
It will only be 18 years in the wilderness, nowhere near 30 years but close to 20 ( :

Sadly.
Fair point, drink had been taken :greengrin

Ronniekirk
14-11-2015, 09:12 AM

Does he suffer from Dandruff :greengrin

SkintHibby
14-11-2015, 09:57 AM
England will still win Euro 2016 at a canter.

No chance.

HIBERNIAN-0762
14-11-2015, 12:19 PM
Disappointed it's not more. Mind you as soon as they come up against an average team they are found out. :aok:

This....

They (as always) had an easy passage to the Euro finals and spraffing off about winning it (lol)

Found out as usual.

Ryan69
15-11-2015, 11:04 AM

Its not exactly difficult for them in qualifying campaigns though really.

when do they ever get any good sides in their qualifying groups? Plus they always get San Marino also.

Scouse Hibee
15-11-2015, 11:07 AM

when do they ever get any good sides in their qualifying groups? Plus they always get San Marino also.

Ooh the seethe and bitterness. 😀

Ryan69
15-11-2015, 11:09 AM
Ooh the seethe and bitterness. 

Not at all...just stating the glaringly obvious really.

Scouse Hibee
15-11-2015, 11:14 AM

;-)

CockneyRebel
15-11-2015, 11:33 AM
This....

They (as always) had an easy passage to the Euro finals and spraffing off about winning it (lol)

Found out as usual.

Never saw any over the top stuff this time - media and supporters have been well aware of the easy group and fairly tepid performances so expectations are where they should be ......low - but you carry on with your laughing out loud while I get to watch a few more games.

HIBERNIAN-0762
15-11-2015, 11:59 AM
Never saw any over the top stuff this time - media and supporters have been well aware of the easy group and fairly tepid performances so expectations are where they should be ......low - but you carry on with your laughing out loud while I get to watch a few more games.

What, you mean all those meaningless friendlies they play that has ITV and BBC falling over themselves to show them.

ABE

Scouse Hibee
15-11-2015, 12:33 PM
What, you mean all those meaningless friendlies they play that has ITV and BBC falling over themselves to show them.

ABE

Good to see you are Always Behind England or are you just referring to the Scotland team and not you personally?

Hibbyradge
15-11-2015, 12:51 PM

This argument irritates me.

England are the good side in their group. They are seeded because of their results and the group is easy because they are the best team, by miles.

Our Euro group was tough, but anyone who thinks Scotland haven't had just as "easy" groups in the past is deluding themselves.

Mr White
15-11-2015, 01:02 PM
This argument irritates me.

England are the good side in their group. They are seeded because of their results and the group is easy because they are the best team, by miles.

Our Euro group was tough, but anyone who thinks Scotland haven't had just as "easy" groups in the past is deluding themselves.
We do have a rather annoying habit of drawing the reigning world champions :greengrin

Italy spain germany...

Lago
15-11-2015, 02:01 PM
Not sure how much lower Scotland's expectation should be, pretty much rock bottom as it is.

Hibbyradge
15-11-2015, 02:40 PM
We do have a rather annoying habit of drawing the reigning world champions :greengrin

Italy spain germany...

Indeed, but if we were better, we'd be kept apart from them. Like England.

God Petrie
15-11-2015, 03:22 PM
England are the worst national team in the world if you take their finances into account.

Scottie
15-11-2015, 03:31 PM
England are the worst national team in the world if you take their finances into account.
Very pleasing :greengrin

Doesn't make me feel any better though as we are still Tom Kite.

Scouse Hibee
15-11-2015, 03:41 PM

Haha straw clutching taken to the extreme.

Lago
15-11-2015, 03:48 PM
Nothing like a good conspiracy theory.

CockneyRebel
15-11-2015, 04:14 PM
[QUOTE=HIBERNIAN-0762;4504709]What, you mean all those meaningless friendlies they play that has ITV and BBC falling over themselves to show them.

They have at least the group games to play in the Euro Championship. Anything better than the dismal performances in the last World cup group will be seen as an improvement not an achievement - under no illusions, just glad to be there.
Incidentally, I personally would have liked to see all the home countries represented in the Euros - does that make me a bad person?

Mr White
15-11-2015, 04:47 PM
Indeed, but if we were better, we'd be kept apart from them. Like England.

Next campaign we've drawn one of the weaker teams from pot 1 at least :devil:

iwasthere1972
15-11-2015, 04:49 PM

:greengrin

Hibbyradge
15-11-2015, 05:18 PM

I've just realised that I'll be living in York when those games are played.

I'm feart! :worried:

Hibbyradge
15-11-2015, 05:34 PM
If Scotland play as well as they can, qualification from that group is possible, but we're third seeds for a reason.

We will be the underdogs against England, but the nature of that fixture levels the playing field a bit.

I don't think we've ever played Slovakia, but they're 27th in the FIFA rankings, Scotland are 44th. Those should be the key games.

Slovenia and Lithuania are quite a way below us, but they won't be pushovers as they'll be even more desparate to get to a Russian World Cup.

I just hope we learn lessons from the Georgia farce.

Mr White
15-11-2015, 05:43 PM
Shame it can't go to penalties when we play engurland. I'd fancy our chances :greengrin