PDA

View Full Version : The Hibs are back

Hibernia&Alba
12-11-2015, 07:07 PM
Isn't it great to once again expect to win every game? What a massive change from the past decade or so of decline; watching Hibs is once again a pleasure and I think we're going up, even if it's via the play offs. Whatever happens, we're on the right path and will return to being amongst the top clubs. Stubbs and his team (along with Leeann Dempster) are getting it right, and if we can keep hold of both, we could have all of Leith buzzing again.

For the first time in a long time I'm looking forward to each game. :flag:

flash
13-11-2015, 08:20 AM
I never expect to win a game. Must be all the disappointment we have suffered through the years.
Am really enjoying my fitba just now though and, as you say, can't wait for Tuesday night.

blackpoolhibs
13-11-2015, 09:21 AM
The only time i have expected Hibs to win every game apart from the early 70s, has been when we are not in the top division. :boo hoo: I'm glad we are doing so well, and i hope we are on the right track at last, and will take our place back at the top table of Scottish football next season. :pray:

13-11-2015, 11:18 AM
The feel good factor is well and truly back. Well done to Leanne, Stubbs and everybody else at hibs for turning things around and finally, after year upon year of disappointments, giving us a club to be proud of both on and off the park.

I have fallen back in love with the club.

Hibernia&Alba
13-11-2015, 06:55 PM
I never expect to win a game. Must be all the disappointment we have suffered through the years.
Am really enjoying my fitba just now though and, as you say, can't wait for Tuesday night.

I've felt like that for years: always expecting the worst, and often it happens. Told myself many times I can't take much more, but always go back, and now a bit of reward. I think the key difference recently has been the mental strength. For years we've been a soft touch, but at last it feels like we're prepared to meet a challenge. Hibs being Hibs, it could all fall apart, I know that, but I have hope now, and without that you've got nothing. I think this could be a very good season, but this time we need to get that vital promotion and then push on.

13-11-2015, 09:30 PM
I've felt like that for years: always expecting the worst, and often it happens. Told myself many times I can't take much more, but always go back, and now a bit of reward. I think the key difference recently has been the mental strength. For years we've been a soft touch, but at last it feels like we're prepared to meet a challenge. Hibs being Hibs, it could all fall apart, I know that, but I have hope now, and without that you've got nothing. I think this could be a very good season, but this time we need to get that vital promotion and then push on.

This 100%

monktonharp
13-11-2015, 09:53 PM
I've felt like that for years: always expecting the worst, and often it happens. Told myself many times I can't take much more, but always go back, and now a bit of reward. I think the key difference recently has been the mental strength. For years we've been a soft touch, but at last it feels like we're prepared to meet a challenge. Hibs being Hibs, it could all fall apart, I know that, but I have hope now, and without that you've got nothing. I think this could be a very good season, but this time we need to get that vital promotion and then push on.felt the same over 45+ years, and the mental part you mention, reminds me how I was as a young Hibby. goin' mental at some of the letdowns we've endured. hoping for no relapse, because this side has played very very well for more than 10 games, and do look as if they have built a bit of steel.a team that can lose the first goal, and come out winning is what makes champions. lower league,yes but they could do it this season.