PDA

View Full Version : Tuesday's Attendance

Famous Fiver
12-11-2015, 06:32 PM
Anyone know how sales for the Livi game are going?

I had a look on the official web site but arithmetic was never my strong point so it's difficult to guesstimate how many tickets have been sold.

I know Livi support will turn up in a taxi (might be 2 taxis) now that a certain Mr CT has been appointed referee, but I am hoping for a good crowd.

Tin hat on here but perhaps production of a ticket stub (or on line equivalent) should guarantee a ticket for upcoming Semi Final.

Baldy Foghorn
12-11-2015, 06:38 PM

I had a look on the official web site but arithmetic was never my strong point so it's difficult to guesstimate how many tickets have been sold.

I know Livi support will turn up in a taxi (might be 2 taxis) now that a certain Mr CT has been appointed referee, but I am hoping for a good crowd.

Tin hat on here but perhaps production of a ticket stub (or on line equivalent) should guarantee a ticket for upcoming Semi Final.

Would imagine a Marketing campaign re half season tickets for XMas will be in the pipeline...............

matty_f
12-11-2015, 06:41 PM
Hope it's a decent crowd - the team are definitely worth coming along to watch, and they deserve our backing.

I've managed to move a couple of things at work so I'll be out in time to get down. Can't wait for it, to be fair. Love an evening game!

Brooster
12-11-2015, 06:51 PM

Hibs cant afford to be guaranteeing anything until the semi final venue is announced. As BF said I think a robust half season ticket campaign will kick off very soon. Only season ticket holders will be guaranteed a semi final ticket.....especially if its at the Saville Dome.

Pedantic_Hibee
12-11-2015, 06:55 PM
Myself and three other regular non-attendees will be there. Buzzing for it already.

Famous Fiver
12-11-2015, 06:56 PM
Season ticket holders 7500/8000

Potential allocation for PBS circa 13500.

Queue along Albion Road for the difference? Done my share of that and will do again if required

I like the half season ticket idea but it was just a thought for Tuesday to hopefully get another thousand or two on to the gate.

Semi final carrot or not I'm going on Tuesday.

Brooster
12-11-2015, 06:57 PM
Myself and three other regular non-attendees will be there. Buzzing for it already.

Supporters Bus big yin?

Billy Whizz
12-11-2015, 07:02 PM
Season ticket holders 7500/8000

Potential allocation for PBS circa 13500.

Queue along Albion Road for the difference? Done my share of that and will do again if required

I like the half season ticket idea but it was just a thought for Tuesday to hopefully get another thousand or two on to the gate.

Semi final carrot or not I'm going on Tuesday.

I would have thought that if it was Tynie, it will be based on loyalty points, so make sure you get them if you go on Tuesday.

Pedantic_Hibee
12-11-2015, 07:02 PM
Supporters Bus big yin?

Not sure yet mate, I'll confirm as soon as I can.

Famous Fiver
12-11-2015, 07:04 PM
Got enough loyalty points in the bag, thankfully.

Saturday Boy
12-11-2015, 07:10 PM
Got enough loyalty points in the bag, thankfully.

You our got a bag to keep your loyalty points in? How did I miss out on that?:wink:

Pete
12-11-2015, 07:12 PM
You our got a bag to keep your loyalty points in? How did I miss out on that?:wink:

Did you pay your 5p?

EastCalderHibby
12-11-2015, 07:18 PM

planing on going going to get from pods

Saturday Boy
12-11-2015, 07:19 PM
Did you pay your 5p?

That's where I've gone wrong. :wink:

I keep my points in a shoebox under my bed. I used to keep my brain there when I went to work, 'cos I never needed to use it, but now I'm retired, it's amazing what you can do.

Billy Whizz
12-11-2015, 07:33 PM
planing on going going to get from pods

Do you get points if you buy from the pods?

EastCalderHibby
12-11-2015, 08:07 PM
Do you get points if you buy from the pods?

don't think so as they wont know who you are as you just pay with cash and get a ticket

Billy Whizz
12-11-2015, 08:09 PM
don't think so as they wont know who you are as you just pay with cash and get a ticket

So why do you buy that way? Could be missing out somewhere along the line?

Sir David Gray
12-11-2015, 08:50 PM
Got my shift at work brought forward so I now finish at 4pm instead of 5pm.

Can't wait. :thumbsup:

PatHead
12-11-2015, 09:32 PM
I'm struggling as my wife is getting an op on Monday and gets out Tuesday.

Last time I missed a game for that reason we played Malmo in Europe.

Billy Whizz
12-11-2015, 09:34 PM

Home or away

iwasthere1972
12-11-2015, 10:04 PM
I'll be there. The team deserve a decent crowd on Tuesday as a big thank you for the great run of recent results.

Looking forward to it.

NadeAteMyLunch!
12-11-2015, 10:23 PM
Ill be there but I think the move to Tuesday from Sat will take a fair chunk of the crowd unfortunately. The players certainly deserve a decent turn out

HappyAsHellas
13-11-2015, 12:10 AM
There's something special about night games, a different atmosphere, perhaps a yearning for the old days when it was always Fairs cup games ( ask yer auld man ) but I do hope there will be a good turn out. I've got our 3 tickets for this one and might even buy a half season ticket if the price is right. I seriously think I'll join HSL as well, although I'd obviously boycott the semi if it was played at the wongadome out of sheer taste and the fact you can't see the f^%$ing goals if you're in row J. Feeling massively confident about this one I think we should start with the following:

Reguero
Gray Forster Fontaine Eckersley
Carmichael Bartley Stanton
Boyle Anier Al Agui

GGTTH

iwasthere1972
13-11-2015, 12:32 AM
There's something special about night games, a different atmosphere, perhaps a yearning for the old days when it was always Fairs cup games ( ask yer auld man ) but I do hope there will be a good turn out. I've got our 3 tickets for this one and might even buy a half season ticket if the price is right. I seriously think I'll join HSL as well, although I'd obviously boycott the semi if it was played at the wongadome out of sheer taste and the fact you can't see the f^%$ing goals if you're in row J. Feeling massively confident about this one I think we should start with the following:

Reguero
Boyle Anier Al Agui

GGTTH

No Cummings, McGinn or Henderson to name just a few. Am I missing something? Still need to go with our strongest team. Three points is vital.

Sir David Gray
13-11-2015, 12:49 AM

Reguero
Boyle Anier Al Agui

GGTTH

No offence but I really hope that's not the team on Tuesday night.

The only change I would make from the St Mirren game would be to bring Dylan McGeouch back in, if he's fully recovered from injury by then.

If not then it's the same team that started that match for me.

HappyAsHellas
13-11-2015, 01:14 AM
It was slightly tongue in cheek, but most importantly it shows the strength of our squad. I honestly believe that team would be good enough to win, but understand there's no way that'll be the starting line up. Come on guys, lighten up a bit - the Hibees are going places.

LancsHibs
13-11-2015, 07:28 AM
I will be making the effort again for this one. Got my ticket😊

SouthMoroccoStu
13-11-2015, 08:24 AM
Sadly can't attend

Will the Livi game be on Alba?

CallumLaidlaw
13-11-2015, 08:47 AM
I noticed on Twitter that Raith are doing an offer where you can select 4 of their 6 winter home games, and its £50 for an adult. I shared it with Amit and Frank and Frank said the club are looking at doing something like this. Even though I'm a STH, I'd love the club to do initiatives like this to get as big a backing as possible. Every game is massive now and needs a loud boisterous crowd getting behind the team. If we can get back to at least 10,000 to home games, thats a good start.

Scouse Hibee
13-11-2015, 11:12 AM
I noticed on Twitter that Raith are doing an offer where you can select 4 of their 6 winter home games, and its £50 for an adult. I shared it with Amit and Frank and Frank said the club are looking at doing something like this. Even though I'm a STH, I'd love the club to do initiatives like this to get as big a backing as possible. Every game is massive now and needs a loud boisterous crowd getting behind the team. If we can get back to at least 10,000 to home games, thats a good start.

I absolutely get your point but once again it's an incentive and benefit to tḥse who have decided to stop going while loyal fans are paying massively. I would rather this type of deal was exclusively for regular walk ups who have evidence on the database of their continued support. I'm a ST holder,the money is already spent so I have no probblem with the deal if the right people get it.

Golden Bear
13-11-2015, 11:44 AM
Sadly can't attend

Will the Livi game be on Alba?

No it's not.

Monts
13-11-2015, 11:44 AM
I absolutely get your point but once again it's an incentive and benefit to tḥse who have decided to stop going while loyal fans are paying massively. I would rather this type of deal was exclusively for regular walk ups who have evidence on the database of their continued support. I'm a ST holder,the money is already spent so I have no probblem with the deal if the right people get it.
How would that deal not benefit the regular walk ups?
It looks like a deal that would help them, but also attract others.

the pie eater
13-11-2015, 11:45 AM
I will be making the effort again for this one. Got my ticket😊

I will be up for this one. See you in the office for a pre match drink.

Scouse Hibee
13-11-2015, 01:15 PM
How would that deal not benefit the regular walk ups?
It looks like a deal that would help them, but also attract others.

Eh? Read my post again.

Pretty Boy
13-11-2015, 01:18 PM
Hopefully we can breach the 10000 mark.

Lucius Apuleius
13-11-2015, 01:23 PM
Have to give this one a miss unfortunately. 😢

Sir David Gray
13-11-2015, 01:34 PM

Yep, totally agree.

13-11-2015, 01:50 PM
The team are playing some brilliant football at the moment and getting results. They really are worth paying money to see. Hopefully it will encourage some of the fans who gave up to come back again.

HibsNibs
13-11-2015, 02:04 PM
I'll be there for the first time since the Hamilton play-off debacle. Deeply ashamed but that occasion just destroyed me.

Allant1981
13-11-2015, 02:16 PM

Surely though any deal to get more fans coming back is a good deal, maybe the folk who purchase this will start enjoying it again and come back more often next season?

GreenCastle
13-11-2015, 02:58 PM
Think it will be busy on Tuesday - depends if weather settles down also.

I think there should be a real push for a big crowd for the Falkirk (12th Dec), and QOS (19th Dec ) games.

Give us momentum going into the Sevco game on 28th.

Win that and you will see a bumper crowd on Jan 2nd against Raith at home :agree:

LancsHibs
13-11-2015, 03:19 PM
I will be up for this one. See you in the office for a pre match drink.

Ok mate👍

the pie eater
13-11-2015, 03:28 PM
Ok mate👍

I should be in the office around 6.30 if not before.

Scouse Hibee
13-11-2015, 03:39 PM
Surely though any deal to get more fans coming back is a good deal, maybe the folk who purchase this will start enjoying it again and come back more often next season?

Or maybe they will just take advantage if the offer and disapoesr again like they normally do. I know it's a catch 22 situation but it just pisses me off.

Dashing Bob S
13-11-2015, 04:35 PM
A few bodies from my group (50 astronomical; derbies, cup semis etc to 4/5: we're at out lowest ebb) are going to be there. On that basis I'm saying about just less or just over 10,000.

HUTCHYHIBBY
13-11-2015, 04:39 PM

Time for a newer model? :-o

BOB MARLEYS DUG
13-11-2015, 04:56 PM

Reguero
Boyle Anier Al Agui

GGTTH

Don't think the team will be anywhere near that.

erin go bragh
13-11-2015, 11:03 PM

Reguero
Boyle Anier Al Agui

GGTTH

Thank God your no picking the team HH :greengrin you have managed to pick about 7 players that are not match fit . Must admit ,love the night games too .

LancsHibs
14-11-2015, 09:45 AM
I should be in the office around 6.30 if not before.

You need to get out the office, you work too hard:greengrin

weecounty hibby
14-11-2015, 11:35 AM
Me and the boy will be there and probably one of his non Hibby pals too. Bought two STs for the kids but daughter not too keen so I've been using it to try and indoctrinate some of the non believers. Usually cant make midweek games due to where I work but a training course in the metropolis of Alloa has come along at just the right time. 3 more points please Hibs!

hfc rd
14-11-2015, 11:59 AM
Anyone reckon Feruz will be given a start alongside Keatings since Cummings & Malonga will be unavailable?

PatHead
14-11-2015, 12:05 PM
Anyone reckon Feruz will be given a start alongside Keatings since Cummings & Malonga will be unavailable?

How is Cummings unavailable?

hfc rd
14-11-2015, 12:08 PM
How is Cummings unavailable?

Me bad. Thought the Scotland U21's had another game.

HH81
14-11-2015, 12:09 PM
I can't make it buy hope there is a good crowd and a good win will do.

PatHead
14-11-2015, 12:12 PM
Me bad. Thought the Scotland U21's had another game.

Phew, thought he was injured for a moment.

erin go bragh
14-11-2015, 09:41 PM
I'll be there for the first time since the Hamilton play-off debacle. Deeply ashamed but that occasion just destroyed me.
Its like night and day watching Hibs now mate . welcome back :aok:

FranckSuzy
14-11-2015, 10:51 PM
I can't make it buy hope there is a good crowd and a good win will do.

It'll be a reet, royal night out :tee hee:

monktonharp
14-11-2015, 11:30 PM
if it's a calm, and dry night, we will get just over 9.5k. Livi wont have many fans there.

Andy74
14-11-2015, 11:39 PM
if it's a calm, and dry night, we will get just over 9.5k. Livi wont have many fans there.

Less than 8k I reckon.

Super_JMcGinn
15-11-2015, 11:18 PM
Less than 8k I reckon.

I am buying 3 tickets tomorrow for friends who haven't been to a game this season, on that basis I am predicting a higher than average crowd. :wink:

monktonharp
15-11-2015, 11:24 PM
I agree with you Gail. similar to negative posts about the last midweek game(cup) I think a few on here underestimate the new feel good factor around our club.

B.H.F.C
15-11-2015, 11:37 PM
I expect somewhere between 9-10k. Which will be a bit of an increase on league games out with the Rangers game.

If we keep doing what we are doing more and more will start going but there isn't going to be a sudden increase of 3, 4 or 5k especially on a Tuesday night. Win our next 3 games and the Falkirk game could be the one that sees a bit of a bigger increase imo.

Edson Arantes
16-11-2015, 01:09 PM
Got my shift at work brought forward so I now finish at 4pm instead of 5pm.

Can't wait. :thumbsup:

Get drinking!

Andy74
17-11-2015, 10:36 PM
Pretty disappointing that the less than 8k guess was right. It was a horrid night but wrap up and get out. The run we are on deserves better support.

iwasthere1972
17-11-2015, 10:47 PM
Pretty disappointing that the less than 8k guess was right. It was a horrid night but wrap up and get out. The run we are on deserves better support.

I didn't really think it was that bad a night weather-wise. Yes a bit rain but not that hard and it wasn't as windy as I thought it might have been.

Under 8K is disappointing. Thank goodness Livingston brought through two bus loads.

GreenCastle
17-11-2015, 10:54 PM
Except it much higher for the home Falkirk game :agree:

Alfred E Newman
17-11-2015, 11:01 PM

Weather was perfect for a good game of football under the lights. Very disappointing crowd and as you say they deserve better .

Scouse Hibee
17-11-2015, 11:08 PM
Nae worries for semi final tickets then, more than enough to go round.

Pretty Boy
17-11-2015, 11:18 PM
Poor crowd tonight, not really much can be said.

Yes it's a cold, wet Tuesday night but under 8K is crap.

Scouse Hibee
17-11-2015, 11:21 PM
Asked a supposed die hard at work today if he was going to ER tonight, I was met with a shocked look and the response "what's on there tonight"?

Speedy
17-11-2015, 11:32 PM
Asked a supposed die hard at work today if he was going to ER tonight, I was met with a shocked look and the response "what's on there tonight"?

Easy enough to miss if you've assumed we're off for internationals.

lucky
17-11-2015, 11:36 PM
After tonight's attendance there can't be too many worried about a SF ticket but £22 with live football on tv on a wet cold miserable night it's not hard to see why fans stayed away.

Scouse Hibee
17-11-2015, 11:38 PM
[QUOTE=deano88;4506714]Easy enough to miss if you've assumed we're off for internationals.[/QUOTE

Really? Your supposedly massive into Hibs yet don't know when they're playing! More like he talks a good fan game if you ask me.

seanshow
17-11-2015, 11:43 PM
Just home so that entitles me to have rant I feel, 7 bloody thousand! :confused: the club and players can do no more.

........obviously the yam and sevco fans are way better than ours :stirrer:

NAE NOOKIE
18-11-2015, 12:10 AM
To be pedantic it was just under 8,000 but still a pretty poor turnout considering the run we are on. To be honest I'm sick & tired of moaning about folk who don't turn up, what's the point.

Well done to the Hibs fans who did turn up ..... and the 130 Livvi fans.

StevieBoyKdy
18-11-2015, 12:26 AM
Not a st holder but only missed one game this season. The crowd tonight is awful, rain or not the team is doing their part big style the crowds just simply ain't coming back. Sad really, be there at Tynie though I'm sure they will be

Dashing Bob S
18-11-2015, 12:33 AM
Doubt attendances will improve radically until we're back in the SPL. Maybe play-off or final few games of season.We've had almost a decade of solid decline and Hibs fans generally don't like reduced circumstances.

HUTCHYHIBBY
18-11-2015, 12:35 AM
I was there, I'm not there that often. Nae point worrying about folk that didnae turn up.

monktonharp
18-11-2015, 12:47 AM
I was disappointed at the turnout. I felt it might be lower, when I looked outdoors at 6pm as it was pishin' doon and a wind blawing. It seemed to peter out, and there was more turned up than I expected, a couple of hours before k.o. Weather, especially at night time,can play a big part in folk's decisions imho. I had said in an earlier post that we'd get 9k+ if it was dry and calm.

Ozyhibby
18-11-2015, 01:17 AM
Get rid of Rod Petrie and some may return.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Twiglet
18-11-2015, 01:22 AM
Missed tonight. Backstage at the gang show and tonight was opening night so I couldn't really wander off. Helping organise the younger children and the leaders this year so had to be there.
Friend not their either as he's been ill for the last week though was texting me up until Friday saying he was hoping he'd be well enough to go.
Wish I was there though.

WellingtonHibby
18-11-2015, 01:30 AM

Thats absolute Mince. Anyone using that as an excuse needs to have a word with themselves.

Mikey09
18-11-2015, 01:33 AM
Tried ma bawes off to get the night off work but nae ****** would swap shifts. Nowt I can do about that... Maybe win the Euro Millions and pack in work!! I ****in wish!!! :greengrin

HoboHarry
18-11-2015, 04:59 AM

Given that you are capable of posting some good stuff it's a real shame that you feel compelled to post garbage like that.

HappyHanlon
18-11-2015, 07:12 AM

Anyone with that mindset should just **** off and support a different club.

You support Hibs, not Rod Petrie.

Ozyhibby
18-11-2015, 07:19 AM
Anyone with that mindset should just **** off and support a different club.

You support Hibs, not Rod Petrie.

Don't blame me guys, I go to the games. I'm merely pointing out that there are people out there who use that excuse.
I'd like to take that excuse away from them.

Ringothedog
18-11-2015, 07:20 AM
It would be interesting to know what the unofficial crowd was I.e. Season tickets sold plus walk ups last night.

Gatecrasher
18-11-2015, 07:23 AM
remember when it was we just need to win games to get the fans back? well? and the Rod Petrie thing is just a lot of *****. If folk don't want to go to ER then that's fine just don't try and convince yourself or us with your half baked excuses. This team deserves better.

Ozyhibby
18-11-2015, 07:26 AM
remember when it was we just need to win games to get the fans back? well? and the Rod Petrie thing is just a lot of *****. If folk don't want to go to ER then that's fine just don't try and convince yourself or us with your half baked excuses. This team deserves better.

So what do you think it is?

Carheenlea
18-11-2015, 07:27 AM
Don't blame me guys, I go to the games. I'm merely pointing out that there are people out there who use that excuse.

I don't know anyone who has that mindset, and on here I can only recall the poster Doddie making noises about refusing to go to Easter Road while Rod Petrie was there.
It was a very poor crowd, but on the plus side it made for an easy run in and out and plentiful parking.

Gatecrasher
18-11-2015, 07:29 AM
So what do you think it is?

I think a lot of folk just can't be arsed anymore and don't want to admit it. The rest don't want to pay full whack for Hibs v Livi on a freezing cold pishing down Tuesday night.

marinello59
18-11-2015, 07:29 AM

Maybe when Rod goes they could bring back the masses who were going to return if Rangers got punted in to the lower leagues. We'll need a bigger stadium though.
I'm not blaming you by the way. :greengrin

marinello59
18-11-2015, 07:31 AM
If this game had been played on Saturday I reckon we would have had a decent crowd. The next home game should be better.

Ozyhibby
18-11-2015, 07:39 AM
I think a lot of folk just can't be arsed anymore and don't want to admit it. The rest don't want to pay full whack for Hibs v Livi on a freezing cold pishing down Tuesday night.

The second part will be fixed with promotion.
Leanne Dempster has done a good job so far in re engaging the fans and making them feel good about the club again. The next part of her job is in reaching out to those harder to reach fans who have turned a deaf ear to all things Hibs over the last couple of years.
There were about 18,000 Hibs fans at the Hamilton play off. We need to try win a percentage of them back. To do that we need to know why they are not there and take away as many of their excuses as possible.

Danderhall Hibs
18-11-2015, 07:41 AM
If this game had been played on Saturday I reckon we would have had a decent crowd. The next home game should be better.

It'll be more than last night but will still be a rubbish crowd - it's the annul Christmas shopping excuse weekend.

blackpoolhibs
18-11-2015, 07:50 AM
It'll be more than last night but will still be a rubbish crowd - it's the annul Christmas shopping excuse weekend.

Who actually needs an excuse to not attend a football match? :confused:

Danderhall Hibs
18-11-2015, 07:59 AM
Who actually needs an excuse to not attend a football match? :confused:

I don't know if need is the right word by there's a few thousand that use an excuse.

blackpoolhibs
18-11-2015, 08:03 AM
I don't know if need is the right word by there's a few thousand that use an excuse.

Really, i'd say anyone who's not attending will have their reasons for doing so. I certainly don't need to give anyone an excuse as to where i go or what i do with my time and money? :confused:

Danderhall Hibs
18-11-2015, 08:24 AM
Really, i'd say anyone who's not attending will have their reasons for doing so. I certainly don't need to give anyone an excuse as to where i go or what i do with my time and money? :confused:

Good for you BH - if only there were more like you.

Nah scrap that.

MB62
18-11-2015, 08:25 AM

I got home last night from work and told the wife 'Right, it's a quick tea tonight, I got tickets for the game'. After dodging all the things thrown at my heid, I told her I was only kidding :greengrin

If the game had been on Saturday as planned, we would all have been there, but as you mention, Hibs v Livi on a freezing cold pishing down Tuesday night is not for me. I was going to say 'and paying £22 for the pleasure' but to be honest, we could have got in for nothing last night and I still wouldn't have left the house in that weather. I'm reluctant to go out and bring the bucket in in that weather, never mind go to a fitba game.

Borderhibbie76
18-11-2015, 08:48 AM
Missed my first game this season and was fuming as I was fine to attend on Saturday but coz of change (granted not hibs fault) I'm away with work on Ireland this week so missed the game. There will be beaten good few I would imagine in same boat....the switch from Sat to midweek can easily shave 1500 or so off gate I would imagine.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

FranckSuzy
18-11-2015, 09:14 AM
There's a variety of reasons some folk might not have been there: the game was re-arranged to a Tuesday night, kids have school the next day, folk are working/can't get swaps, it was peeing down, the price of a ticket (since it's near Christmas) etc, etc. I only just managed to get away early from work myself but still missed the first 15 mins, or 7 according to the scoreboard :greengrin

Oh and the RP excuse - nah. If you can't see the improvement in quality of play AND players then you must be :crazy: It's OUR team, not his and they need your backing.

NB One of the biggest RP critics I know (who said he'd not be back whilst RP is still involved at Hibs) now goes to games, but because he uses a someone else's ST, justifies it to himself that he's not paying :tee hee:

Golden Bear
18-11-2015, 09:36 AM

I got home last night from work and told the wife 'Right, it's a quick tonight, I got tickets for the game'. After dodging all the things thrown at my heid, I told her I was only kidding :greengrin

If the game had been on Saturday as planned, we would all have been there, but as you mention, Hibs v Livi on a freezing cold pishing down Tuesday night is not for me. I was going to say 'and paying £22 for the pleasure' but to be honest, we could have got in for nothing last night and I still wouldn't have left the house in that weather. I'm reluctant to go out and bring the bucket in in that weather, never mind go to a fitba game.

Similar to me and I too, can use auld age as an excuse! Even the offer of a free ticket was not enough to tempt me out last night.

All this a couple of days after committing myself to a half season ticket - maybe I'm just a mixed up kid after all. :rolleyes:

Oscar T Grouch
18-11-2015, 09:45 AM
I didn't attend last night but would have on Saturday. I'm a ST holder so the only harm done was me not shouting on the team on a dank horrible Tuesday night.

Brightside
18-11-2015, 10:10 AM

But if the club don't know the excuse how can we get more back to watch? Or do we just not bother?

hibs0666
18-11-2015, 10:20 AM

I got home last night from work and told the wife 'Right, it's a quick tonight, I got tickets for the game'. After dodging all the things thrown at my heid, I told her I was only kidding :greengrin

Must admit I don't think it's very chivalrous demanding a quickie before buggering off to the game. Even if that was your intention it wasn't a good move to broadcast the fact before the deed was done. :wink:

MB62
18-11-2015, 11:34 AM
[QUOTE=MB62;4506878]

Must admit I don't think it's very chivalrous demanding a quickie before buggering off to the game. Even if that was your intention it wasn't a good move to broadcast the fact before the deed was done. :wink:

Aye, now corrected, that sort of thing is as distant a memory as a Hibs defeat :wink: :greengrin

Lago
18-11-2015, 11:46 AM
Correct, people just cant be bothered and 8k is probably about the core support. I would even argue that promotion will not increase the crowds much above that in the short term.

happiehibbie
18-11-2015, 12:35 PM
watch them moan for Semi tickets get your ass along to ER although last nights game was murder :)

seanshow
18-11-2015, 12:41 PM
Stubbs has hinted in post match interviews a few times previously and again last night.
Imo he is not at all impressed with the lack of support.

From his point of view i'd be thinking, The team have not lost since August and are on great winning run,
Why is Easter road not bouncing from start to finish? and why are the attendances getting smaller?

bookert
18-11-2015, 12:45 PM

But always feel the need to come on here and say that you dont need an excuse not to go to the games. that begs a very obvious question.

Beefster
18-11-2015, 12:46 PM
But if the club don't know the excuse how can we get more back to watch? Or do we just not bother?

The 'excuse' is irrelevant. The club will be well aware that it competes with other entertainment, shopping, DIY, central heating, TV etc etc. If it wants to increase attendances, the club will just have to make attending more attractive that some of them.

I'll be honest, if I didn't have a ST, I probably wouldn't have been there. I was tired, it was cold and raining, my house would have been cosy etc etc.

scoopyboy
18-11-2015, 12:47 PM
watch them moan for Semi tickets get your ass along to ER although last nights game was murder :)

Long range weather forecast says it will be a cold and rainy Saturday.

So we will only shift around 8000 cos folk don't want to get wet.

Sir David Gray
18-11-2015, 01:24 PM
There's no way to cover it up, last night's attendance was crap considering the run that we're on.

You can't force people to go and it's their loss at the end of the day. They're missing some really good football.

cabbageandribs1875
18-11-2015, 01:35 PM
really expected approx 9k last night, two away game at Alloa and Morton before back at ER for game v Falkirk on 12th Dec, would hope for a 12k gate, hopefully Livi will have taken points off of Falkirk the previous week :)

scoopyboy
18-11-2015, 01:47 PM
really expected approx 9k last night, two away game at Alloa and Morton before back at ER for game v Falkirk on 12th Dec, would hope for a 12k gate, hopefully Livi will have taken points off of Falkirk the previous week :)

I also expected around 9000 and am expecting around 12000 against Falkirk who will bring a decent support.

KeithTheHibby
18-11-2015, 02:10 PM

If that's your attitude you are an arse (not you obv)

blackpoolhibs
18-11-2015, 02:31 PM

Petrie and his mismanagement has caused my lack of attendance, he is the reason i no longer attend much. He and his mismanagement scunnered me.

And as i have said before, you get used to not making the effort. I still listen through Hibs tv, i still donate through HSL but that man took away my hunger to attend on a regular basis.

He does not stop me going now, but he's the main reason i stopped.

Been once this season, Morton at home, and funnily enough my next game is Morton away. That man drove me away, i wonder how many other he sickened?

Folk can laugh all they like, but it will take a lot more than winning games in the championship to bring me back again regularly. I still get excited before each game, but and its a big but, championship football does not excite me enough to take the time and effort out my day to travel up.

Stubbs is doing a fine job, and i'm only one person stating my REASON why i'm not a regular fan. As i said before, i don't need an excuse, but i'm not the only one who's not attending.

I think people would be better off finding out why they are not going, rather than the usual stick about how we will see them moaning if they don't get a ticket for the semi or the final?

We all want the club to succeed, just some more than others.

I suppose i'm a troll now. :rolleyes:

MB62
18-11-2015, 02:40 PM
If that's your attitude you are an arse (not you obv)

I have no time for R.P. I think the man has been a disaster for our club over the piece. However, him being there does not stop me going.
What I do ask though is, Why is he still here and what is he contributing to our club now?

Dashing Bob S
18-11-2015, 02:49 PM
It took several years of solid failure and dreadful football; Collins (2nd phase), Hughes (2nd phase), Calderwood, Fenlon and Butcher to erode the support and systematically undermine fan confidence in those running the show.

If people think that a few months of entertaining football in a lower league is going to fix that, then I'd suggest they are wrong. It's a good start, but that's all it is.

iwasthere1972
18-11-2015, 03:01 PM
It took several years of solid failure and dreadful football; Collins (2nd phase), Hughes (2nd phase), Calderwood, Fenlon and Butcher to erode the support and systematically undermine fan confidence in those running the show.

If people think that a few months of entertaining football in a lower league is going to fix that, then I'd suggest they are wrong. It's a good start, but that's all it is.

What happened to We'll Support you Evermore' If there was a time that the team and Stubbsy etc needed all Hibs fans to get behind them then it's now and not just when we get promotion. These players are playing their hearts out for the club, and it's been a while since we've seen that, and they deserve better.

Maybe those so called fans who are staying away, well maybe until we reach a cup semi final, should go and read cinema reviews or subscribe to a Gardeners message board (some good tips on things to do on a Saturday) rather than come on here as they don't really have any interest in the club or they still have an agenda with Rodders still being here.

We are playing some excellent football right now, albeit in a lower league, and I'm thoroughly enjoying it.

I was going to insert a tin hat here but I really can't be bothered.

:flag: :flag: :flag:

hibs0666
18-11-2015, 03:13 PM
What happened to We'll Support you Evermore' If there was a time that the team and Stubbsy etc needed all Hibs fans to get behind them then it's now and not just when we get promotion. These players are playing their hearts out for the club, and it's been a while since we've seen that, and they deserve better.

Maybe those so called fans who are staying away, well maybe until we reach a cup semi final, should go and read cinema reviews or subscribe to a Gardeners message board (some good tips on things to do on a Saturday) rather than come on here as they don't really have any interest in the club or they still have an agenda with Rodders still being here.

We are playing some excellent football right now, albeit in a lower league, and I'm thoroughly enjoying it.

The people that are pitching up during this period of adversity recognise that we are all in this together.

bigwheel
18-11-2015, 03:20 PM
Petrie and his mismanagement has caused my lack of attendance, he is the reason i no longer attend much. He and his mismanagement scunnered me.

And as i have said before, you get used to not making the effort. I still listen through Hibs tv, i still donate through HSL but that man took away my hunger to attend on a regular basis.

He does not stop me going now, but he's the main reason i stopped.

Been once this season, Morton at home, and funnily enough my next game is Morton away. That man drove me away, i wonder how many other he sickened?

Folk can laugh all they like, but it will take a lot more than winning games in the championship to bring me back again regularly. I still get excited before each game, but and its a big but, championship football does not excite me enough to take the time and effort out my day to travel up.

Stubbs is doing a fine job, and i'm only one person stating my REASON why i'm not a regular fan. As i said before, i don't need an excuse, but i'm not the only one who's not attending.

I think people would be better off finding out why they are not going, rather than the usual stick about how we will see them moaning if they don't get a ticket for the semi or the final?

We all want the club to succeed, just some more than others.

I suppose i'm a troll now. :rolleyes:

To be honest BH...as we have exchanged on this topic before. I find your views interesting on this topic - as you used to haul yourself up from down south to see the team regularly, and (it seems) you remain passionate about the team.

I never quite get the Rod Petrie thing - as you (and many others) kept going when Fenlon was doing "OKish"...it was really after Fenlon's failure to take the team forward and then the disaster of Butcher and Relegation that Petrie became a big "thing" again...

So it feels to me it's more about people fed up with Hibs

What I do agree with , is a point you have made before - people have got out of the habit of seeing Hibs. my group of friends used to take two cars - about 8-10 regular ST holders and fans to almost every game - home and away ...Now there are 2 of us as ST holders and 3 others go semi regularly...the other 5 have stopped completely - play golf etc - and in my view, will never likely to be regular fans again - regardless of what league we are in..

I think we have lost a chunk of our supporters, if not for ever, but for many years to come..

blackpoolhibs
18-11-2015, 03:32 PM
To be honest BH...as we have exchanged on this topic before. I find your views interesting on this topic - as you used to haul yourself up from down south to see the team regularly, and (it seems) you remain passionate about the team.

I never quite get the Rod Petrie thing - as you (and many others) kept going when Fenlon was doing "OKish"...it was really after Fenlon's failure to take the team forward and then the disaster of Butcher and Relegation that Petrie became a big "thing" again...

What I do agree with , is a point you have made before - people have got out of the habit of seeing Hibs. my group of friends used to take two cars - about 8-10 regular ST holders and fans to almost every game - home and away ...Now there are 2 of us as ST holders and 3 others go semi regularly...the other 5 have stopped completely - play golf etc - and in my view, will never likely to be regular fans again - regardless of what league we are in..

I think we have lost a chunk of our supporters, if not for ever, but for many years to come..

I am still passionate about the club, even though i'm not attending much at all. The club don't really have to worry about me, i'm only one person who happens to live quite a distance from Easter Road.

It's the thousands who have disappeared who probably live within 20 minutes of the ground, these are the people we need to entice back, folk who don't have to put the time and effort and expense folk like me who live as far away as we do need to make.

If i'm honest, and lived in Leith as i used to do. I'd be at the games each week, its people, people who live on the doorstep and have found other things to do should be the target of the club to get back.

Lee Marvin
18-11-2015, 03:35 PM

I 100% agree that many old regular attenders are now out of the habit of going.

However, surely this is the best time/season in order to create that habit agsin as we are winning most weeks and the enjoyment is infinitely better than any season in the 7/8 for me.

I therefore think a very high percentage of those who are out the habit will unfortunately be lost forever. (as regular attenders)

NAE NOOKIE
18-11-2015, 03:41 PM
The league we are in doesn't help. But in that same league 16 years ago our average was over 10,000 and for some games we were getting 14,000. I cant recall the weather being any better than now at the end of the 20th century. I'm aware that it was only one season and we were running away with the league, but still.

To be honest when to get to Easter Road you have to drive 50 miles through the pissing rain and sometimes snow on a road that in places is having a laugh calling itself one, its not that impressive hearing folk who live a hell of a lot closer saying they didn't go because of the weather .... buy a warm coat with a hood FFS. 3 pairs of thermal socks cost about a fiver :greengrin

To quote Billy Connolly ........ "There's no such thing as bad weather, just the wrong clothes"

In recent years 16,000 turned out for Malmo and a derby. 18,000 for a play off game and we have taken between 16 and 18,000 to Glasgow for games with barmy kick off times that were on the telly.

There are loads of reasons that folk aren't going ..... some perfectly reasonable, some perfectly understandable, some its hard to agree with, but you can see why the person thinks the way they do, and some that are frankly pathetic. But the one I will not believe is that about a quarter of our support have given up on football and wont be back. 20 years ago I would guess Ross County were being watched by about 500 people and now its about 3,000. If they can do that, don't tell me that a club with our history in a city of half a million people cant get back to crowds of 12 to 13,000 home fans in the next few years.

Ozyhibby
18-11-2015, 03:52 PM
The league we are in doesn't help. But in that same league 16 years ago our average was over 10,000 and for some games we were getting 14,000. I cant recall the weather being any better than now at the end of the 20th century. I'm aware that it was only one season and we were running away with the league, but still.

To be honest when to get to Easter Road you have to drive 50 miles through the pissing rain and sometimes snow on a road that in places is having a laugh calling itself one, its not that impressive hearing folk who live a hell of a lot closer saying they didn't go because of the weather .... buy a warm coat with a hood FFS. 3 pairs of thermal socks cost about a fiver :greengrin

To quote Billy Connolly ........ "There's no such thing as bad weather, just the wrong clothes"

In recent years 16,000 turned out for Malmo and a derby. 18,000 for a play off game and we have taken between 16 and 18,000 to Glasgow for games with barmy kick off times that were on the telly.

There are loads of reasons that folk aren't going ..... some perfectly reasonable, some perfectly understandable, some its hard to agree with, but you can see why the person thinks the way they do, and some that are frankly pathetic. But the one I will not believe is that about a quarter of our support have given up on football and wont be back. 20 years ago I would guess Ross County were being watched by about 500 people and now its about 3,000. If they can do that, don't tell me that a club with our history in a city of half a million people cant get back to crowds of 12 to 13,000 home fans in the next few years.

Of course we can but we have to start listening to the fans who are not engaging with the club anymore.
A lot of stay away fans cite Petrie as the reason and the club seem to accept that is a price worth paying to keep the chairman in position.

Pete
18-11-2015, 03:58 PM
Not read the thread but I'm not buying this stuff about all these fans being lost forever. There might be individual instances but the bottom line is that fans will turn up to see the team winning again in the top flight. This run is great but we are in the second tier so there is still a lot of doubt in people's minds.

Once we are up where we deserve to be people will miraculously get the bug again and the golf clubs will be confined to the shed on a Saturday.

son of haggart
18-11-2015, 04:01 PM

To interject as a Hearts fan (as why fans stop or start going interests me) I have read very similar threads on kickback (and on other fan forums down south here) for many years. If I compare the experience of three groups of friends I have attended Hearts games with over the years - firstly my boyhood pals - about 7 of us would go every week and travel on the SMT buses in the 70s to away games. Of these only 3 still going. My older brothers mates - about 5 or 6 of them same as my group of friends - 3 or 4 going, one died. MThe two groups have more or less amalgamated. London Hearts - about 20 or 30 going up on the train on a group discount in the 80. Group disintegrated when the rail sell off ended group discounts/ travel. Now I would reckon about half of those people go in varying degrees of frequency.

Hearts crowds now are about 60-100% bigger than they were in the 70s, the team is a lot better but half of the people no longer go.

My point is there is a natural drop off rate, and it is VERY hard to get people back even if the team is doing great. Most of the extra Hearts fans are new generation, and we are holding on longer to this generation I'd guess.

So maybe the focus should be more on how to attract new fans and less on trying to get the oldies back. Price will undoubtedly be a factor for new fans

Smartie
18-11-2015, 04:01 PM
All football fans are fickle (that may be offensive to some on here but bear with me) who go through spells of greater and lesser "engagement" with football.

You'll speak to people who went home and away 30 years ago who couldn't name a player now. And there will be people who will be amongst our current hardcore who will drift away in years to come for whatever reason.

The club can't really be expected to do more than they have done since Leann walked through the door. They've built the foundations, they've put a decent team on the park and we'll see the benefit of this in years to come.

It's a miracle imo how well our support held together and it is a miracle we get as many as we do. We were ritually shafted by the club for the best part of a decade getting charged top dollar to watch our best players get sold off and replaced with hopelessly inadequate replacements, all while we embarked an a real estate project. That is not a crowd pleaser, yet we managed to retain a fan base that would be the envy of all but 4 clubs in the country, some who have won cups and played in Europe.

We'll see a small lift in attendances from half-season tickets. But if we continue to play well and look like we are in a real Championship race (I already believe we are) then we'll see more fans drift back. If we're neck and neck for the title (or we are ahead) then you'll struggle to get a ticket for the game with Rangers at ER next year.

If we are successful this season - i.e. we get promoted - then we'll see another lift for next season. If we are very successful and win the league (a cup being the icing on the cake) then our ticket sales will soar.

Until then we need to keep trundling along picking up points.

And Leanne, Alan Stubbs, Amit et al - they just need to keep the heid, keep doing what they've been doing and not be put off by the low crowds because if they keep doing the right things then we'll get our rewards.

You don't repair the damage of the past 10 years overnight.

Golden Bear
18-11-2015, 05:04 PM
To interject as a Hearts fan (as why fans stop or start going interests me) I have read very similar threads on kickback (and on other fan forums down south here) for many years. If I compare the experience of three groups of friends I have attended Hearts games with over the years - firstly my boyhood pals - about 7 of us would go every week and travel on the SMT buses in the 70s to away games. Of these only 3 still going. My older brothers mates - about 5 or 6 of them same as my group of friends - 3 or 4 going, one died. MThe two groups have more or less amalgamated. London Hearts - about 20 or 30 going up on the train on a group discount in the 80. Group disintegrated when the rail sell off ended group discounts/ travel. Now I would reckon about half of those people go in varying degrees of frequency.

Hearts crowds now are about 60-100% bigger than they were in the 70s, the team is a lot better but half of the people no longer go.

My point is there is a natural drop off rate, and it is VERY hard to get people back even if the team is doing great. Most of the extra Hearts fans are new generation, and we are holding on longer to this generation I'd guess.

So maybe the focus should be more on how to attract new fans and less on trying to get the oldies back. Price will undoubtedly be a factor for new fans

:agree:

And the longer a team (any team) has been in the doldrums then the harder it is to attract new fans. It's sad that so many Scottish kids support big name English Clubs these days and that's all related to media exposure and success I guess.

Islington Hibs
18-11-2015, 07:53 PM

This is an interesting post. Their is perhaps a typical fan cycle- regular up to say age 25, then family and commitments make it hard to go then I suspect some, although not all come back when their children are older or they have more time. Those that drift away are still Hibs fans but might only go to the very big games.

When I was child (1970's) we were good and virtually everyone supported, if they were interested in football, Hibs at my school. I believe most at my old school now support Hearts. Why- because like it or not they have been far more successful than us over the last 30 odd years. Son of Haggart confirms this saying their gates are 60-100% better than the 70's- our are down. Simple truth decades of under-performance have greatly reduced our new support and it seems to me we are dependent on an ageing structure. In my view it will take one or two decades to reverse this- one or two seasons would help but these shifts are a very long term trend.

Luckily we still have a big enough bedrock that we can recover and 8000, on a wet November night to watch Livingston is not that bad- only 3/4 Scottish teams could get similar or more- but only if we have a lot more success particularly against 'our friends' across the City. Bottom line one good season is great but it will take 10 before we seriously structurally start to revere the trend. Now is a good time to start!

keep the faith
18-11-2015, 08:18 PM

Great post.

Ronniekirk
18-11-2015, 08:24 PM
Of course we can but we have to start listening to the fans who are not engaging with the club anymore.
A lot of stay away fans cite Petrie as the reason and the club seem to accept that is a price worth paying to keep the chairman in positi

I have no argument with the fact that petries mismanagement has cost us dear and resulted in fans stopping attending and losing that habit of attending regularly .i also accept another season in the Championship doesn't float everyone s boat
But I really do feel we need to move on from continuing the narrative that Petrie still tucked away in the background leaving Ms Dempsrer to Transform the club is still keeping a significant number of fans from returning
Part of the attraction just now surely has to be watching the young players develop and the squads togetherness .We are winning week in week out which at one point was often citied as a reason for not returning ,we are scoring goals ,another reason often cited and we have just pegged Rangers back further in the title race etc etc
Without truly understanding what is truly keeping fans from returning there really isn't a lot more the Board can do at present
I did think that at Paisley it was an older crowd and I include myself in this ,but maybe that was just where I was sitting .But how we try and engage more with families and entice a new generation of supporters is worthy of some debate as I don't think we can just assume fans will return by us gaining promotion if they have indeed lost the habit and can't be enticed back for the odd game just now with what's on offer .

Islington Hibs
18-11-2015, 09:04 PM
I have no argument with the fact that petries mismanagement has cost us dear and resulted in fans stopping attending and losing that habit of attending regularly .i also accept another season in the Championship doesn't float everyone s boat
But I really do feel we need to move on from continuing the narrative that Petrie still tucked away in the background leaving Ms Dempsrer to Transform the club is still keeping a significant number of fans from returning
Part of the attraction just now surely has to be watching the young players develop and the squads togetherness .We are winning week in week out which at one point was often citied as a reason for not returning ,we are scoring goals ,another reason often cited and we have just pegged Rangers back further in the title race etc etc
Without truly understanding what is truly keeping fans from returning there really isn't a lot more the Board can do at present
I did think that at Paisley it was an older crowd and I include myself in this ,but maybe that was just where I was sitting .But how we try and engage more with families and entice a new generation of supporters is worthy of some debate as I don't think we can just assume fans will return by us gaining promotion if they have indeed lost the habit and can't be enticed back for the odd game just now with what's on offer .

Support for a team comes from a number of sources- family traditions is a big one but I think our problem is that literally for 30 years we have consistently lost to our rivals (yes I know they were on financial drugs) and over the last few years we have had some serious disasters. It can't have been much fun being in the playground supporting a team that has has been associated with being losers and sadly that is what we had become. On top of that a managerial merry-go-round, short term decision making and scores of players that were in and out. We have been terribly led for far too long.

Now that are seriously positive signs. I really hope we keep Stubbs and team- they have integrity- and indeed Leeann- but it is going to take time to rebuild our young support base. I think given how poor we have been- we have simply not challenged seriously since 1975- it is a miracle we still get 8k with a latent support much greater. We are doing the right things to encourage families back and I think the community work, youth approach and much better communications is a real bridge but the only real route is winning well consistently and people going away and saying 'you know what that was a good £22 a spent, a think I'll come back again.' Given that Hearts gates are at a near 50 year high makes it all the more galling especially as the way they have 'achieved' their relative success.

Hibby Bairn
18-11-2015, 09:54 PM
I was a ST holder for 15 years and have watched Hibs home and away for 35 years. Took my two boys when they were 3 and we all went together until 3 years ago. Stopped going in Fenlon's latter days. Have been to selected games since. That was my first home game since Rangers play off last season. All 3 of us went last night. Cost us £46 😮. Bit of food at half time for the "boys" and it was a £50 Tuesday evening.

Will return again at Xmas games probably but I can't go every week anymore as I am involved in something else on a Sat now.

Dashing Bob S
19-11-2015, 01:26 AM

I would agree, but not everybody is as virtuous as you or I. In fact, we're the only real fans on this board.

NAE NOOKIE
19-11-2015, 09:48 AM
I would agree, but not everybody is as virtuous as you or I. In fact, we're the only real fans on this board.

Yer right ... the rest of us support Barcelona :greengrin

Steve-O
19-11-2015, 10:17 AM
£350+ a season ticket and £23 per game. Enough said really.

I'm not even subscribing to Hibs TV at the minute as the monthly fee is more than the likes of Netflix for 1-2 games a month.

Still, if I was in Edinburgh I'd probably be going, although it is hard to contemplate those prices compared to what I pay here for similar stuff.

cabbageandribs1875
19-11-2015, 10:46 AM
£350+ a season ticket and £23 per game. Enough said really.

I'm not even subscribing to Hibs TV at the minute as the monthly fee is more than the likes of Netflix for 1-2 games a month.

Still, if I was in Edinburgh I'd probably be going, although it is hard to contemplate those prices compared to what I pay here for similar stuff.

gross exagerration

it's £22 :greengrin although still £4 more than most of the other grounds in the championship league

NAE NOOKIE
19-11-2015, 10:57 AM
A lot of stay away fans cite Petrie as the reason and the club seem to accept that is a price worth paying to keep the chairman in position.

There's only two issues that must be a stumbling block for these fans who you say the club isn't listening to.

1) Petrie and 2) Prices

The only person who can get rid of Petrie is Tom Farmer and its absolutely clear by now that that isn't going to happen. If after 18 months of irrefutable evidence that Petrie is no longer the driving force behind the club, from appointing the manager to transfer policy, people are still using him as a reason not to return then more fool them. I highly doubt these folk amount to more than a couple of hundred and if their hatred of Petrie is greater than their love of Hibs this far down the road it has to be questioned if they will ever return even when Petrie does go.

As for prices. Hibs dilemma is pretty clear, just look at what we have on the park just now. If we were to start charging £15 for adults and £5 for kids that would be lovely, but if anybody thinks they would be watching the likes of John McGinn or Dylan McGeouch playing for Hibs they are kidding themselves ... could we turn down an offer of £100,000 for Jason Cummings or the laughable offers from the Zombies for Scott Allan? ... possibly, but a lot less likely.

Do reduced prices lead to the upturn in crowds needed to make up the shortfall? Just look at the crowds for games this season where prices were reduced.

The Rangers ( Petrofac cup ) ................. 11,000 of which 3,900 were Huns
Montrose ( League cup ) ....................... 5,933 of which a couple of hundred away fans
Stranraer ( League cup ) ....................... 5,224 of which a couple of hundred away fans
Aberdeen ( League cup ) ....................... 11,092 of which over 2,000 were away fans
Dundee Utd ( League cup 1/4 final ) ........11,891 of which 1,500 were away fans

If you take out the away fans that gives an average gate over 5 matches of 7,468 home fans. Actually slightly under the home crowd on Tuesday night.

For all of the above games the weather was good and even if you take away kids who didn't go coz it was a school night, you must then include all the folk who work on a Saturday who are able to go to night games. I would guess my figures are reasonably accurate, which hardly makes the case for reduced prices.

In short I don't think that Hibs are failing to listen to a single one of their supporters, be they "engaged" with the club or not. Its a bit like prayer mate .... God always listens, its just that the answer isn't always yes.

Islington Hibs
19-11-2015, 11:03 AM
There's only two issues that must be a stumbling block for these fans who you say the club isn't listening to.

1) Petrie and 2) Prices

The only person who can get rid of Petrie is Tom Farmer and its absolutely clear by now that that isn't going to happen. If after 18 months of irrefutable evidence that Petrie is no longer the driving force behind the club, from appointing the manager to transfer policy, people are still using him as a reason not to return then more fool them. I highly doubt these folk amount to more than a couple of hundred and if their hatred of Petrie is greater than their love of Hibs this far down the road it has to be questioned if they will ever return even when Petrie does go.

As for prices. Hibs dilemma is pretty clear, just look at what we have on the park just now. If we were to start charging £15 for adults and £5 for kids that would be lovely, but if anybody thinks they would be watching the likes of John McGinn or Dylan McGeouch playing for Hibs they are kidding themselves ... could we turn down an offer of £100,000 for Jason Cummings or the laughable offers from the Zombies for Scott Allan? ... possibly, but a lot less likely.

Do reduced prices lead to the upturn in crowds needed to make up the shortfall? Just look at the crowds for games this season where prices were reduced.

Montrose ( League cup ) ....................... 5,933 of which a couple of hundred away fans
Stranraer ( League cup ) ....................... 5,224 of which a couple of hundred away fans
Aberdeen ( League cup ) ....................... 11,092 of which over 2,000 were away fans
Dundee Utd ( League cup 1/4 final ) ........11,891 of which 1,500 were away fans

If you take out the away fans that gives an average gate over 5 matches of 7,468 home fans. Actually slightly under the home crowd on Tuesday night.

For all of the above games the weather was good and even if you take away kids who didn't go coz it was a school night, you must then include all the folk who work on a Saturday who are able to go to night games. I would guess my figures are reasonably accurate, which hardly makes the case for reduced prices.

In short I don't think that Hibs are failing to listen to a single one of their supporters, be they "engaged" with the club or not. Its a bit like prayer mate .... God always listens, its just that the answer isn't always yes.

Lot of sympathy with this post. Petrie is tedious and has the hide of a rhinoceros but a red herring and you clearly show cut price deals make little difference. while I agree it is probably too expensive in reality price is not the main determinant for people to go. It is the team's performance that creates value for money, or not.

Phil MaGlass
19-11-2015, 12:30 PM

Agree with this 100%, we really should concentrate more on attracting the new fans, especially when Hibs are giving out free tickets or discounted tickets to kids schools,fitba clubs etc,etc.. we could also go one step further and get them signed up to Hibs kids and the likes as they are coming through the turnstiles.

Selling match tickets only if you are only on the database doesnt help either. I have only attended 1 game this year and that was the win against the buns, I do live in Holland but I was at 5 games the previous year.
Disheartened and disillusioned, you name it, I have been there or should I say alot of us have been there. It got to the point that I would even forget we were playing or didnt know who we were supposed to be playing. This season has seen a lift in spirits, not only at the club but also with the fans, real positivity (still the odd eejit) onwards and upwards, I am now looking to get home for the semi and more games this season. If i was still living in Edinburgh I would have got myself a half ST. I would like to say to anyone not going because of Petrie dont cut off yir nose tae spite yirsel. The fitba is good, the makings of a good team, and you can enjoy yir fitba. Petrie wont be around for ever, youre only hurting the club by not going.

Ozyhibby
19-11-2015, 12:42 PM

1) Petrie and 2) Prices

I agree totally with you on prices and I've never complained about prices. Prices need to be set in a way that maximises revenue for the first team. I fully support this policy.
On Petrie, the man leaves a foul stench over the whole club and remains the one stumbling block between the club and the fans uniting. There is no clarity on what his role at the club actually is nowadays? As he is the chairman, I think it's unreasonable to think he is not involved in the running of the club.
What happens if Leeann leaves the club? Does Petrie step back into the CEO role? That is what has happened previously with disastrous consequences for the club on and off the park.
With all the transparency and regular announcements by the club recently, this subject is avoided.
Fact is, we have a chairman who keeps fans away from games. We must be the only club in Scotland in that situation. He must be doing an amazing job elsewhere in the club for it to be worth it for the board to keep him Chairman. I'd like to know what it is?

Golden Bear
19-11-2015, 12:47 PM
I agree totally with you on prices and I've never complained about prices. Prices need to be set in a way that maximises revenue for the first team. I fully support this policy.
On Petrie, the man leaves a foul stench over the whole club and remains the one stumbling block between the club and the fans uniting. There is no clarity on what his role at the club actually is nowadays? As he is the chairman, I think it's unreasonable to think he is not involved in the running of the club.
What happens if Leeann leaves the club? Does Petrie step back into the CEO role? That is what has happened previously with disastrous consequences for the club on and off the park.
With all the transparency and regular announcements by the club recently, this subject is avoided.
Fact is, we have a chairman who keeps fans away from games. We must be the only club in Scotland in that situation. He must be doing an amazing job elsewhere in the club for it to be worth it for the board to keep him Chairman. I'd like to know what it is?

You've been beating that particular drum for a while now. You really don't like him do you!

Andy74
19-11-2015, 12:58 PM

I don't think its a fact at all that his presence is keeping anyone away. The suggestion that he is causing any issues currently at the club is surely being disproved more and more as we go on.

Harking back is what is leaving the stench or the cloud or whatever it is - it is of no significance to what is happening now.

Do you know what a non exec chair is or does? It doesn't really seem so from your posts.

Lago
19-11-2015, 01:03 PM
Look folks lets be frank about Tues attendance, it was in my opinion about right for a lower league game on a wet, cold, mid week Nov.
People who have got out of the habit of going to games weren't going to venture out for that one and are unlikely to return at all, why? When you break a habit, any habit you tend to replace it with an alternative and that alternative quickly supercedes the former and in time eclipses it. Thats just the way of the world which is unfortunate from Hibs point of view. I think the person who proposed the focus should be on new blood got it right.

Smartie
19-11-2015, 01:06 PM
Petrie again, eh?

First up - I am no fan of the man whatsoever. More than anyone else he is culpable for our descent into mediocrity, our abominable relegation at the worst possible time that has seen us have problems getting out of this bloody division.

I accept that his very presence at the club is divisive, that he keeps fans away and that cannot be a good thing.

But can anyone give me a reasonable example of any mistakes he has made since Leann came in? Does his "presence in the corridors of Easter Road" really stop anyone at the club from being able to get on with their job? What transfer opportunities have we missed out on because of his penny-pinching ways?

Hibs are playing great stuff. Leann is doing a cracking job at heading up the whole operation and - it appears to me anyway - is being given more than adequate support to do so, without unnecessary interference. We are taking a strong challenge for the title to a team who (supposedly) have 4x our wage budget.

Prolonging this "not going back until Petrie goes" crap is in nobody's interests. Picking a fight when we are doing well - is in nobody's interests. The club are being punished because of this mindset but nothing like as much as the fans are punishing themselves, because they are missing out on Hibs winning games and playing good stuff in the process.

blackpoolhibs
19-11-2015, 01:16 PM
I don't think there are many who won't be back until Petrie leaves, maybe a handful at most. I would like to know just how many have stopped going though from the consequences of his mismanagement?

Ringothedog
19-11-2015, 01:21 PM

And if that allows our CEO to fully focus on the Football side of matters then as far as I am concerned long may it continue.

My concern is that with the lack of support turning up at Easter Road, Stubbs and Dempster may leave the club as they may feel that they cant take the club any further forward on the resources available to them. Who do we blame then?

It is times to get off our backsides and get along and support the team. We don't play at Easter Road every week, in fact our next game is not until 12/12/15. Put aside £1 a day and you will have enough to buy a ticket.

Golden Bear
19-11-2015, 01:32 PM
And if that allows our CEO to fully focus on the Football side of matters then as far as I am concerned long may it continue.

My concern is that with the lack of support turning up at Easter Road, Stubbs and Dempster may leave the club as they may feel that they cant take the club any further forward on the resources available to them. Who do we blame then?

It is times to get off our backsides and get along and support the team. We don't play at Easter Road every week, in fact our next game is not until 12/9/15. Put aside £1 a day and you will have enough to buy a ticket.

A quick time for a wee edit - before anyone notices.

:wink:

Sir David Gray
19-11-2015, 01:33 PM

It is times to get off our backsides and get along and support the team. We don't play at Easter Road every week, in fact our next game is not until 12/9/15. Put aside £1 a day and you will have enough to buy a ticket.

Totally agree. :agree:

The next game's 12/12 though! :wink:

KeithTheHibby
19-11-2015, 01:33 PM
gross exagerration

it's £22 :greengrin although still £4 more than most of the other grounds in the championship league

It doesn't bother me that we charge more than other championship clubs. We have better players hence a better team hence its more expensive to get in? All relative if you ask me.

Ringothedog
19-11-2015, 01:37 PM
A quick time for a wee edit - before anyone notices.

:wink:

Totally agree. :agree:

The next game's 12/12 though! :wink:

notice what ? :wink:

Smartie
19-11-2015, 01:50 PM
I don't think there are many who won't be back until Petrie leaves, maybe a handful at most. I would like to know just how many have stopped going though from the consequences of his mismanagement?

A very fair point tbh.

The poor football during the slide, being in the first division etc etc will have led people to drift away and get out of the habit. The main reasons why crowds have dropped.

The "product" at the moment is good imo. I hope to see more people get back on board over the next wee while and stay.

It would be nice for Hibs to play the football they are playing in a fuller stadium.

They deserve it.

lord bunberry
19-11-2015, 01:52 PM
I think people are over thinking this. The attendance was low because it was a Tuesday night, my daughter goes to the games, but can't go to midweek games as she's only 5 and has school in the morning, this also means her mother can't go. My sister didn't go for the same reason, so that's 4 people just from our small group. When you take into account the weather and the fact that there's hardly any away fans, then it's hardly surprising the crowd was so low. We also have to remember that it's much harder for people who travel long distances to get to midweek home games. I would expect a good crowd for our next home game against Falkirk and that will be when to gauge how our support is holding up.

Ozyhibby
19-11-2015, 01:54 PM
I don't think its a fact at all that his presence is keeping anyone away. The suggestion that he is causing any issues currently at the club is surely being disproved more and more as we go on.

Harking back is what is leaving the stench or the cloud or whatever it is - it is of no significance to what is happening now.

Do you know what a non exec chair is or does? It doesn't really seem so from your posts.

I can confirm for you that it is a fact that he is keeping people away. I know some of them.

GreenCastle
19-11-2015, 02:48 PM
There are so many things that have contributed to where we are right now and why attendances have dropped.

I still believe we have a very loyal support home and away considering the poor quality and some horrendous results we have been subjected to over the last 10 years.

The most important factor usually with crowds is success. If you aren't successful and it's not enjoyable to watch - crowds won't go up.

Our pink neighbours have won the Scottish Cup x3 times in recent times and many of those younger ones who went to the games will have got the bug to support them.

We have won the CIS Cup and been to several finals and semi finals but we have also suffered some terrible results when it mattered.

So the generation thing does come into play - but we have shown that there is still a fan base present an that's shown even at semi finals (finals are always different for any club around the world).

The bottom line mismanagement and poor results has led us here and as we said over the years while we were suffering was the effect it will have on long term income and the fan base.

Hibs need to keep winning - get promoted (ideally win the league) ASAP and become the main team in Edinburgh while also challenging for the league and cups. Until this happens we will continue to get slowly increasing crowds.

I do think though the semi final will sell out quickly and if we do end up in the playoffs we will sell out these too!

GreensesArab
19-11-2015, 03:13 PM

It's the 'stayaways' that need tin hats, not you. Our attendances have been poor this season. And the belief that a long winning streak will get the punters back seems to be a myth at ER. I bet AS had assumed we'd be pulling in 11000+ now and being a twelfth man. If another club comes in for him at some point, he'll have some pros and cons to weigh up. One might be the fickleness of our support. Fed up reading the excuses. Maybe have two forums - diehards and stayaways! GGTTH

It's the 'stayaways' that need tin hats

erin go bragh
19-11-2015, 03:54 PM
I think people are over thinking this. The attendance was low because it was a Tuesday night, my daughter goes to the games, but can't go to midweek games as she's only 5 and has school in the morning, this also means her mother can't go. My sister didn't go for the same reason, so that's 4 people just from our small group. When you take into account the weather and the fact that there's hardly any away fans, then it's hardly surprising the crowd was so low. We also have to remember that it's much harder for people who travel long distances to get to midweek home games. I would expect a good crowd for our next home game against Falkirk and that will be when to gauge how our support is holding up.

Correct LB . We were three down out of five for the same reasons ( School in the morning )

GGTTH

Islington Hibs
19-11-2015, 04:43 PM
It's the 'stayaways' that need tin hats, not you. Our attendances have been poor this season. And the belief that a long winning streak will get the punters back seems to be a myth at ER. I bet AS had assumed we'd be pulling in 11000+ now and being a twelfth man. If another club comes in for him at some point, he'll have some pros and cons to weigh up. One might be the fickleness of our support. Fed up reading the excuses. Maybe have two forums - diehards and stayaways! GGTTH

It's the 'stayaways' that need tin hats

Unfortunately Stubbs would get 2-5x as much salary as he gets at East Road at any Championship Club in England. If he continues to do well it is only a matter of time. The fact that his family are all based in northern England and not Edinburgh suggests to me he sees this as a stepping stone.(this is in no way criticism and if he goes I would be very sorry but you could hardly blame him). As it happens I think he comes over as a level headed sincere guy and suspect he would be reluctant to jump ship before job was done- ie promotion but we will see.

ancient hibee
19-11-2015, 06:45 PM
Football crowds are in decline in Scotland-only Celtic,Hearts and Aberdeen in the Premier get bigger crowds than us.

greenginger
19-11-2015, 07:58 PM
Football crowds are in decline in Scotland-only Celtic,Hearts and Aberdeen in the Premier get bigger crowds than us.

I wonder what our " crowd " figures would be like if we adopted other clubs methods of arriving at the attendance figures.

If we added the walk-ups to our total season ticket sales the figures would look healthier.

I'm not saying we should do it, just wonder what others think.

Ronniekirk
19-11-2015, 08:03 PM
I think people are over thinking this. The attendance was low because it was a Tuesday night, my daughter goes to the games, but can't go to midweek games as she's only 5 and has school in the morning, this also means her mother can't go. My sister didn't go for the same reason, so that's 4 people just from our small group. When you take into account the weather and the fact that there's hardly any away fans, then it's hardly surprising the crowd was so low. We also have to remember that it's much harder for people who travel long distances to get to midweek homes do in games. I would expect a good crowd for our next home game against Falkirk and that will be when to gauge how our support is holding up.

I have missed all our midweek cup games because of the travel issue you mention and not being able to get away from work

Islington Hibs
19-11-2015, 08:36 PM
I don't believe pricing is an issue save for one area. If you are committed children's seasons are be very cheap. However to become committed you have to get the bug. £22 for an adult is not cheap but I can see the rational. Add two children at £12 each and it suddenly becomes £46 before travel, programme or any extras- not so cheap. There may be a case to allow, for smaller games, children in for a fiver- makes it less of a decision for the uncommitted and could help build up the next generation and at £5 would still be more expensive than a child season ticket. Yes I know there is Hibs kids etc, all good, but you have to be in the know and committed for that- I know a couple of people who might attend occasionally if the total family charge wasn't so high. Perhaps worth experimenting with occasionally?

Alfred E Newman
19-11-2015, 10:01 PM
If we were still in the Premier we would be paying similar prices. We are being asked to pay these prices in a lower league to give us a better chance of escaping from this nightmare as soon as possible. Yes , we could be charging the same as Raith or Livingston but we would not have players anything like the quality we have at the moment and would be locked into life as a lower league club .