PDA

View Full Version : Hibernian History Day 91

big-mo
12-11-2015, 07:13 AM
Season 1965-66

18th October, Hibs lost 4-0 to Celtic in the League Cup semi-final replay.

3rd November, Hibs lost 5-0 on aggregate to Valencia in first round of Fairs Cup.

6th November, the new covered area of the terracing was opened behind the goals on the Albion Road end of the ground. This was to affectionately know as ‘The Shed’ or ‘The Cowshed’.

24th November, Chairman William P. Harrower officially opened the new Hibs Supporters Association clubrooms at 172 Easter Road Lane.

April, Hibs ended the season in 6th position.

Season results –
Scottish Cup 2nd round
League Cup S/F
League Div 1 6/18 Pld34 W16 D6 L12 F81 A55 Pts38

Feed McGraw
13-11-2015, 07:41 PM
Season 1965-66

18th October, Hibs lost 4-0 to Celtic in the League Cup semi-final replay.

3rd November, Hibs lost 5-0 on aggregate to Valencia in first round of Fairs Cup.

6th November, the new covered area of the terracing was opened behind the goals on the Albion Road end of the ground. This was to affectionately know as ‘The Shed’ or ‘The Cowshed’.

24th November, Chairman William P. Harrower officially opened the new Hibs Supporters Association clubrooms at 172 Easter Road Lane.

April, Hibs ended the season in 6th position.

Season results –
Scottish Cup 2nd round
League Cup S/F
League Div 1 6/18 Pld34 W16 D6 L12 F81 A55 Pts38 Mo, love what you are doing here with the history, I look forward to reading it every day especially in this era. I have to say though that the "shed" or "cowshed" was also affectionately known as the "Cave". There were shed`s and cowshed`s all over the country but I am proud to say I was a Caveman. :greengrin